Nanashi

CPA Duels (OoC/HQ thing) [Almost Always Open]

Yeah. I see no problem with it. ^^ There isn't a problem with that~!

I just spent so long writing out weapon descriptions...*collapses on ground*

Tired...

But have item ideas!

Phone: Allows you to call for advice during your next fight.

Surprise Penguin Gift Box: A penguin delivers a box to you during your next fight. Has a chance to be any of the items in the item shop, even another Surprise Penguin Gift Box.

Dream in a bottle: Gives you a cloud of dreams to ride on during your next fight. These dreams are edible because they are all about food. Tastes like cotton candy.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

Arena Ideas:

Glass Prism- a glass sphere or cube floating in the air. Very delicate, so attacking the walls or ground will destroy a portion of the field.

Unmowed Lawn: very tall grass and weeds, making land travel a challenge.

Added them all up; Thanks, again! ^^

Your help is appreciated, Silver. Even more so since you volunteer. ^^

Item Ideas:

Bittermelon: Gives you a bittermelon to bring into your next fight. Excellent for stuffing into an enemy's mouth, as it is rather disgusting.

Hero's Cape: Allows you to screw with physics and have a perpetually blowing cape despite the wind speed being null. Otherwise, mostly useless.

Cup of Tea: Have a nice afternoon snack, maybe with some wheat, like bread, cookies, or crumpets! Side effects include bringing Wailords crashing down to join the party.

((Aw, no sprinting for me I guess.. Oh well, saves time, haha.))

DH: Your alright considering you're a giant dragon... maybe make yourself slower than most? And how do you hold a sword? With your teeth... most would be the size of a toothpick anyway. ~ I don't see a problem with a fast giant dragon.

(I would have made this smaller if my ipad would let me. But guess what's being stubborn *points to ipad* It does that from time to time. There we go!! Smaller smile.gif )

How can I hold a sword? Dexterity. Some dragons can do that. And if everyone's running around about powers.... I think I'm rather lax on my powers. I mean aside from being an adult size dragon that can do regular dragon stuff (which never was OP) and being naturally immune to fire and ice (fire because I have a natural affinity to fire- ice as I already stated, because I am naturally too hot anyway to really be frozen, that doesn't mean ice won't hurt me) I don't have anything else super special going for me. I've probably got it the toughest out of all of you. And poison not really working on me doesn't mean it won't, just means it's a bit harder to get going. Why? Have you ever tried getting a dragon to injest poison? Many of them have an odor, and with a dragon's sense of smell, that oder is detecable. And ever try injecting it into a scale? Those are tough! If you're lucky enough to debilitate me to get me to even go near a needle.... then go ahead and try and poison me. Because of my size, poisons also tend to take longer to work properly so expect some delay.

Yet I'm not running around going "everyone's so OP" (cuz everyone else is.... and ya know, whatever....) even with all these against me.

I mean sure I can totally go and make it that I can fly indefinitely and be super speedy... I never mentioned anything about my speed. I move normally, a bit faster when I fly- which is natural for anything flying really- and that speed also depends on distance, range, how much momentum I have before I make a certain manuver (so, like if I climbed up high into the sky and then free-fell to gain some speed, I would hit my maximum velocity and not move any faster than that no matter what else I did for that time- barrel rolling out of it would be kind-of a pain, but doable). Using a sword and bow aren't hard as a dragon. Just the sword would be more proportional to my size and the bow I do get a bit creative with.... so give me a bow and find out how that works xd.png it's hilarious.

My size though, isn't too terribly large either. I just haven't had the time to find the actual picture.... That would give a better reference. There you go. I look like that. I'm not terrible too big... but I am adult size. I'll find where I put my measurements too... but that'll take some time.

About the Arena:

We tried last night to talk it over. The third person (serce I think it was- yeah) didn't show. So.... unless they were able to discuss it while I was away, I don't have anything else to offer.

If I dug up dead bodies... that's all i'm saying on the matter. I figured I would respond to the question. Which I did smile.gif

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Sorry for not showing. I was on a plane and afterwards trying to rest up. I'm right now there, so we might be able to discuss.

Whats this about OP? Can I have a recap of what has been discussed?

We do have something like a bow during the next fight...

Technically, if everyone is OP, then it isn't OP anymore. It's normal. xd.png

Because of how logic works, if you have a screwed up normal, the anything "weird" goes off of that. Say, normal for you was riding a slimy cat made out of bagels to school, you wouldn't think it weird if you saw someone exercising a bagel cat. I think about this subject a lot. xd.png

Logic is weird sometimes.

Anyways, have some more items:

Poison: A bottle of poison for your next fight

Tape Dispenser: A bunch of tape for your next two fights. I dunno, you could do something creative with it?

Duckie: Summons an army of Invincible Rubber Duckie to help you crush your opponent under a flood of yellow plastic.

Donut: Topped with pure sugar and filled with marshmallows, this will give you a sugar rush.

Video of the Ambiguous Limb Dance: Utterly confuses your opponents. Confuses everyone, it's just that confusing.

@DH: Now I kind of want to give you a bow. xd.png And it's fine; You handled it calmly, so... *shrugs*

@serce: MP was saying how all of us have unreasonable powers, and now that discussion is over. (But it made me add lists. Both good and bad lists.)

Bagel cat... Hah. Makes me think of a game. BACK ON TOPIC. Added all the items up! (Or am adding them up.)

Regarding OPness, just eeeeeeeehhhhhh. Personally I'm not a fan of successive rage-modes and/or massively powerful attacks that take three turns to charge. It feels like Dragon Ball Z.

I don't really get the next-battle items. Wouldn't they give an unfair advantage? And if we have items, we'll need an itemless mode. (no items, final destination. fox only)

As for Team Mono, we're deciding on an arena right now, now that Serce is back. One question though, are we rolling for initiative to determine order since we're more than 2? (then we'll have to add initative modifiers based on speed and… *goes into D&D mode*)

Fun science fact: sugar rushes don't exist. No, seriously, unless your blood sugar is already really low or really high, your brain's not even going to notice the change in your glucose levels caused by eating a bunch of sugary foods. The perceived effect stems from 1) people being excited about sugary goods, 2) people being given sugary goods when it's already an exciting special event, and 3) parents who just want to blame their children's actions on something that isn't them. Whoops I just ruined the placebo effect for all of you probably

Also: only some things in logic are relative. For example, imagine a world where everyone is blind. The fact that no one can see means that sight doesn't matter, but it doesn't mean that everyone can see. That's stupid.

Hmm, so that's why I don't get them...

Well, game science. IT HAS PERMISSION TO BREAK MINOR RULES. xd.png

That makes sense.

TUM, there will be items whether you want them or not. ^^' And not really! 90% are useless. xd.png Wailords...

Don't question game science. xd.png

Okay, everyone's being confusion and off topic, so RETURN TO TOPIC.

Item Flood!

Pet Wailord: Permanently summons a wailord to be your helper and try to eat your opponent. Only works in Aerial and Underwater stages though.

Classy Clothes: Makes you look classy and have an accent. Other than that, no effect than giving your pet wailord (if you have one) classy clothes too.

Giant Doggie: A huge dog that looks suspiciously like Clifford attempts to crush your opponent at a random time during your next fight.

Teacher: Summons a teacher to deliver a lecture that either bores your opponent to tears or engrossed them completely.

Wailords everywhere. xd.png

Added them up! ^^

Okay, how about we start messaging the items and arenas...? xd.png

Who would write the "random event" items? The referee? Because I can see them being abused pretty easily.

Also I'm not super fond of a lot of the functional items either :I Especially if we're doing get-points-by-winning-to-buy-items; people could build up an infinite win-streak by winning and then buying an advantage for their next battle.

Probably me. (Random generators to the max. And don't worry, I'll make sure I never get anything too good.) Or, yes, a referee.

Then you don't need any BP. You can be set on a eternity 'no-item' mode. Simple as that. Also, you get one BP per winning a battle. If you want, I'll take away BP, and the items will be given out randomly.

EDIT: And by 'no-item' mode, I mean all battles you do, no one can use any items. Absolutely no one.

EDITEDIT: Aaand I might sound rude. x_x But seriously, I'll do that~ Then the items problem is something you don't have to worry about. And I'll give away items randomly, if you'd prefer. ^^

Edited by seacatsmew

Just wondering, does the ref write up the descriptions for the weapons and the arena? or do we have to do it?

EDIT: I think we've decided on an arena, but I'm waiting for DH to come and confirm that yes, this is our choice.

Edited by TehUltimateMage

Whoever starts it does. (I've claimed that spot. xd.png ) If you want to, you can; I have a lovely description of each weapon, minus Melomancer's choice. Courtesy of Silver.

I'll write it, then! But I don't think I'll be able to do it until tomorrow because I'm a little busy so I guess if you really want to start… :x

I would like to be set on no-item mode, please? Aside from the useless items, though?

Also, I have a random form I'll use once in a while.

Username: Serce2
Nicknames: N/A
Species: ~TAKEN OUT DUE TO MASCHINEN. SPOILERS~
Preferred Weapon: Anything which carries electricity well.
Other: I'm only keeping this as reference for when I truly want to change species.

Edited by serce2

I don't think anyone has enough BP to buy items, yet, though? And most items aren't that gamebreaking as of now. TBH, I don't really want items either...

I don't see someone winning forever through that kind of strategy. Plus, someone would probably notice and stop the strategy if it does happen. Most things don't affect the game that much. The only things I really want are the Frying Pan and the Flying Wailord. Because flying Wailord is awesome. I'm just making up tons of items because I do that.

Eh, I have to wait for Melomancer and TE, anyways. ^^

Okay, you're on a no-item mode~ ^^

Items = 90% are useless. Which makes it better.

Would you like to be put on a no-item mode, too?

EDIT: I'd notice. xd.png

Edited by seacatsmew

"It's okay if we have no rules, the refs will stop it" is a terrible strategy to prevent abuse in my experience :I

Anyway here we go

Username: Fractional Pi Day

Nicknames: Pi, FPD, 22/7, You Goddamn Math Nerd, etc ("fractional" is an adjective god dammit)

Species: Ambiguous octopus. Inhabits a non-sentient homemade meatsuit.

Looks: The octopus is (usually) dark red-brown and tiny and basically replaces the meatsuit's brain. The meatsuit is human-shaped, vaguely East-Asian-looking, 155cm tall, thick chest-length black hair, gray double-pupiled eyes. It's usually wearing some dumb math slogan shirt or other with track pants and sneakers. The octopus can flick tentacles out of its mouth. It creeps people out and is super fun.

Powers:

Limited shapeshifting - the meatsuit can shift its texture and colour as camouflage. It also seems to... fall apart in a semicontrolled manner when hurt and can do some weird Lovecraftian stuff when badly injured.

Minor space manipulation - mostly in the form of changing things into other topologically equivalent things (ala teacup-doughnut analogy).

Skills: Dulled sense of pain; mildly prehensile hair; amphibious.

Rank: The Worldbuilder/Prophet of Fractals/hey I'm a Mage of Breath too what the heck TE

Preferred Weapon: Chinese polearms, particularly guan daos; alternatively, daggers.

Other: The octopus can produce a paralyzing venom but unless the meatsuit bites you it's really not going to do much.