Nanashi

CPA Duels (OoC/HQ thing) [Almost Always Open]

I think a lot of the weapons are too intricate, a lot of fancy designs that are completely unnecessary. Why not just a plain old sword, a two headed axe? Why does the axe have to be an eagle/hawk and the sword has to be made out of magical white metal?

If you're going to have fancy weapons why not:

A Scythe that turns into a sniper rifle

A Bow staff that splits into sawnoff shotgun nunchucks

A Spear/Sword/Rifle

A Hammer/Grenade launcher?

MP: Because fancy designs are cool, and the weapons you mentioned would make the fight more about the weapons an d less about the people. Besides, detail is generally a good thing if not done to obscene amounts, and the weapon descriptions are some of Silver's best writing, I think.

Because it gives some padding to the post. Wouldn't want any one-line descriptions, would we?

But I second weapons that turn into other weapons. Gunblades and Bladeguns for all.

But they're really annoying to deal with in RPs, because if you're close and trying to make it hard for them to use guns, by getting up in their face, it's just like, "lol, nope. TAKE THIS BLADE!" and vice versa from far away.

In RWBY, the characters with gunblades usually start out slashing and then rapidly shift between gun and blade. They leap backwards a few feet to shoot, and then jump right in again with a sword. So basically they have to move around a lot. Which is going to wear you out pretty quickly.

Intricate weapons make it easier to imagine and visualize the fight in our heads while writing, in my opinion. Silver is also really, really good at describing them. It's just a few small details anyway, not like they affect much anyway in terms of the actual duel.

Couldn't you tell from my sig Techno?

And yeah the gun scythe wielder uses the kickback from her rifle to propel her forward allowing for more powerful attacks then someone of her stature would be able to do.

And sure its nice writing but unnecessary blemish in weapons is just that, unnecessary.

Of course you could have Neptunes weapon, a really big gun... that turns into a bigger gun biggrin.gif One of the duels should have modern weaponry biggrin.gif

I'm actually really, really impressed with Silver's writing ability. She's improved so much since the one-liners, she's actually a pretty high-level roleplayer now.

Edited by KoalaNoob

I'm feeling the irony of your post Koala... commenting on how great someones role playing skills are while you spell the word wrong, its a little amusing.

All we need is silver to grab her weapon (I think) and then I'll start the match, I should be awake for another 10-12 hours so should be all good.

...OHMYFREAKINGGOD STUPID PHONE.

That is why you should always type slowly when on mobile with no spellcheck/ yes autocorrect.

But seriously, you knew that was a typo. There was really no point in commenting on it, that was actually pretty rude. :/

Edited by KoalaNoob

Sorry, I meant no offence. I thought the irony was amusing, that was all. It wasn't an attack on your spelling capability.

Ah, anonymous cucumber. Can't live with it, can't live without it. Anyway, does anybody know what timezone silver is in so we know when to expect a reply?

Edit: I think autocorrect has just proven my point. SERIOUSLY PHONE, HOW DOES AUTOCORRECT EVEN REMOTELY TRANSLATE TO THAT.

Edited by Melomancer

Haha, autocorrect should always be turned off.

Meh, it's fine MP. Tone doesn't come across well through typing and the wording sounding kinda rude was all. I have no issue with you as of now.

I know Silver's timezone, but don't remember it. Sorry, but I don't wanna go digging through TPE OOC's 9000+ posts.

But there was no irony. If someone says someone else's writing skills are bad while committing several typos themselves that'd be ironic but - *alternate timeline me appears and slaps me in the face*

Anyway...gah it's kind of impossible to make PMMM OCs that aren't spoilery. Anyone still need to watch Rebellion Story? .-.

Speaking of which, does anyone have issues with the way I post? I'm okay with changing if there's something you don't like.

Silver was born in Canada, then moved to the U.S. I hope she's okay with me sharing this, but it's out there floating around in this forum anyway, sooooo...

The meaning of Irony confuses me, I just found it funny that someone was saying how good someonelses writing skills are and they themselves make an error.

Can we drop this discussion

What are you talking about Pi?

Well I was talking about potentially changing my duelling avatar to magical girl me, PMMM style. But PMMM is one of those series that basically turns into a pile of plot twists halfway through so I was wondering if anyone doesn't want a lot of episodes 6-12 and Rebellion Story spoiled for them. Especially since I'm considering an angel of Madoka kind of route...

Eehhhh whatever it probably won't really work out anyway.

And irony is super hard to explain. The oatmeal does it pretty well. And incidentally the last point is why - *future me slaps me again*

I was planning on watching the whole series, actually. biggrin.gif So yeah, there's me.

Edited by Techno_Elf

I'm not too sure what the exact name is, but I think it's Puella Magi Madoka Magicka. But don't take my word for it. ^u^;

Yeah, it's Puella Magi Madoka Magica (if you want to know, autocorrect changed that to Paella magic Madonna Magical). I intend to finish watching Rebellion this summer. So no spoils until later lol