Lady_Lunevis

✫ lu's art ✫

I have to say I realy envy your hands as well as your symmetry! I can never draw humans or faces with both eyes, my symmetry is horrendous....q.q.... You make me envious, you have so much skill!

Ohhh thank you so much!! <333 That makes me really happy to hear, you flatter me! ; v ;

I'm sure you're wonderful at drawing as well. <3 Thank you for taking a look at my thread!

I just stopped by to say you're getting really good, and that I hope your art classes are going alright. Also it might help to take a break and draw something completely pit of your comfort zone for fun.

also you wear glasses nerd

I just stopped by to say you're getting really good, and that I hope your art classes are going alright. Also it might help to take a break and draw something completely pit of your comfort zone for fun.

also you wear glasses nerd

Ohhh cries thank you!! <33 Yeah, they're really fun; they take up a lot of time, though! xd.png

Ohh maybe! c: That's actually what I might do--I want to practise more and more! I'm currently kinda confused though since I'm not sure to work on things realistically or with a more cartoonish appearance or go back to drawing digitally--I'll figure something out. xd.png But I'll try that, thank you! <33

punches you wow thanks

naw i'm jk. yeah i do!!! : ^ ) my eyesight is horrible bye and hoW DID YOU KNOW THAT WAS ME

Are your art classes part of your school classes, or do you do them extracurricularly? Your improvement has always been impressive, but after you started saying that you were taking lessons, you jumped into a rocket!

Well, why not have a mix of the styles that suits you? Your more anime-style works were great, but the realistic portrait was neat as well. Consider which you preferred, and decide using that. Although, there's really no need to decide. Oftentimes, style develops as you practice!

I totally agree with Koala! Having more styles means more fun! It also helps to keep it interesting and your passion for drawing. I lost mine....I wish I could get it back...

Edited by ElementalMistressLuna

Why not do all and see which style fits you?

Ohh, good idea! biggrin.gif I might actually; that way, I can experiment a lot more! ^^

Are your art classes part of your school classes, or do you do them extracurricularly? Your improvement has always been impressive, but after you started saying that you were taking lessons, you jumped into a rocket!

Well, why not have a mix of the styles that suits you? Your more anime-style works were great, but the realistic portrait was neat as well. Consider which you preferred, and decide using that. Although, there's really no need to decide. Oftentimes, style develops as you practice!

They're part of school! biggrin.gif I adore the teacher that teaches arts and she's also my teacher for journalism and broadcasting, so I always have fun in her class xd.png I adore her!

Ohh thank you so much!! <33 It makes me so happy to hear that like omg you're so nice you flatter me

Ohh, good idea! I might actually try that; who knows, I could learn from both and combine them into something! xd.png You're absolutely correct. c:

Thank you!! Yes, that's true. I'll find my style someday. <3

I totally agree with Koala! Having more styles means more fun! It also helps to keep it interesting and your passion for drawing. I lost mine....I wish I could get it back...

Ohh yesyes, exactly! c: Trying out different styles is really fun, yes. ^^

Aw I'm so sorry to hear that! :c //hugs// I hope only the best for you!! Who knows, maybe your passion will come back! Inspiration works in mysterious ways. ^^

And to end things off, have a WIP! c: I'm still working on the mouth--it's looks so blegh to me right now, but overall I like how things are going so far with it!

user posted image

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

Haha! Perhaps! If I watch your progress you might inspire me to get back into drawing, myself!

Ohhh then I would be honoured if such a thing happened!! <33 Thank you so much for viewing my thread ( and speedy reply, too xd.png I was editing my WIP into the response earlier! ). smile.gif I really hope you can get back to drawing too!! Do you have an arts thread? biggrin.gif

Not yet, been kinda shy to start one....if I can become active in drawing I will.

You should!! My arts thread has helped a lot--both in reminding me to draw and giving me inspiration. biggrin.gif Plus, everyone here is so nice it's wonderful! <3

I wish you the best! ^^ I'm sure your art is lovely!

The face is really well done, Lunevis! I really like how you have different darknesses that indicate how the face would be shaded, and your lines are very solid- they seem to be right where you want them.

I'd darken the face's edge more, though, since the outline is pretty important, and as it is, it's pretty faint. Also, though I'm not sure this is something you can fix without a huge hassle, some of her eyelashes go into her eye/are stroked downwards even though the majority to up.

From the faint (Erased?) outlines I can see on the mouth, I think the problem is that the bottom is too thick. Try lightly sketching an oval around it, then a thinner oval inside it that could bear resemblance to the hole in the mouth. Then, you can use the space in between as lips and shape them out!

Also, lovely, lovely eyes. They're both shaped correctly and proportionate to each other as well as staring at the same place with a very well-done expression. They're very detailed, too, which is impressive because paper and pencil has no zoom-in function. Say, how do you do your eyes? I've always struggled with them, and am really curious to your techniques.

Goos job, can't wait for more!

Edited by KoalaNoob

I may draw dragons, equine creatures, and work on feathered wings. I can show you something I did in a link.

Ohh, that's really cool! I envy you, I'm horrible at creatures and the like. xd.png That's super cool! c:

Oh, of course! I'd love to see something you drew!

The face is really well done, Lunevis! I really like how you have different darknesses that indicate how the face would be shaded, and your lines are very solid- they seem to be right where you want them.

I'd darken the face's edge more, though, since the outline is pretty important, and as it is, it's pretty faint. Also, though I'm not sure this is something you can fix without a huge hassle, some of her eyelashes go into her eye/are stroked downwards even though the majority to up.

From the faint (Erased?) outlines I can see on the mouth, I think the problem is that the bottom is too thick. Try lightly sketching an oval around it, then a thinner oval inside it that could bear resemblance to the hole in the mouth. Then, you can use the space in between as lips and shape them out!

Also, lovely, lovely eyes. They're both shaped correctly and proportionate to each other as well as staring at the same place with a very well-done expression. They're very detailed, too, which is impressive because paper and pencil has no zoom-in function. Say, how do you do your eyes? I've always struggled with them, and am really curious to your techniques.

Goos job, can't wait for more!

Ohh thank you so much! <33 I'm glad to hear that. ^^ I'm still learning about shading so it's good to hear it's going along nicely!

Ohh thank you! c: Yeah, it's really light for now since I haven't finalized the face just yet, but I'll definitely try to bring out more contrast with my lines. ^^

Ohh, thank you for noticing that! Yeah, the model I'm working with has really thick eyelashes and I have messed up on a bit |D I'll darken the eyeliner a little more so it'll be less visible, thank you!

Ohh, thank you! <33 I'll try that out biggrin.gif

Ohh thank you so much!! <33 I love eyes tbh they're so fun to draw

I used to think I was horrible at eyes but then I was like o wait and then I realised they were okay--but now mouths are my natural enemy. Or namely, lips. xd.png

Ohh thank you so much <33 I'm so glad to hear that!! As said before, I used to always struggle with eyes and it's lovely to hear they're okay. biggrin.gif

Oh, my technique? Hmm, let me think . . . I'm not too clear on how I draw eyes, but one thing I do is use my pencil as measure. Say, lay the pencil across your reference image or across the paper how long you want the eye to be and then how wide, and make reference points you can look at later while drawing. smile.gif As well, something my art teacher taught me was to look at it as more of an object than an eye--just draw what you see in your reference or what you know an actual human eye looks like, and if you get stuck on something try looking at it in a different, more abstract way! I find that really helps--one thing I do with the pupil and iris is I imagine the sclera to be a white blob instead of the whites of the eye and just start drawing the eye shape and ball around it. xd.png

Good luck, though! ^^ I'm sure your eyes are lovely--it just takes practise!

Ohh thank you I cry you're so nice <33 I'll see if I can get it finished soon! ^^ I've really been in a drawing mood lately, so I'll be making lots of art! c:

Sent you a Pm~

Lovely work btw!

I got it! c: Let me reply!

Ohh thank you so much <33

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

user posted image

More WIP. c: I'm hoping to get it done and finalized by tonight--I just have to shade some of the face and the lower body, and maybe add in some background for effect!

Oh wow that's got to be your best one yet! The eyes, the hair, that mouth! Though may I just say, shade the eyes too, or more so of you already have. The sclera may be called the 'white', but it doesn't look that white a lot of the time!

Oh wow that's got to be your best one yet! The eyes, the hair, that mouth! Though may I just say, shade the eyes too, or more so of you already have. The sclera may be called the 'white', but it doesn't look that white a lot of the time!

Ohh thank you so much!! <33 I'm glad to hear it c: Yeah, it took me a while! Sat down today and was like ok I'm going to stop being lazy and work my brains out on this. xd.png

Ohh thank you!! <33 I added extra shading to the eyes, but my camera is being a butt and I don't think it picked up on it too much :C

Still, here's the finished version! Not that different from the original, but I'm glad to have it done. ^^ Next, I'm going to take a break from realism and instead draw some anime doodles. c:

user posted image

user posted image

Another WIP! i'm crying ignore the hand i'm getting to that it's beautiful i know shhh

The hair is giving me a headache bye

Ah, sorry, I haven't checked here in a bit. It seems I've missed wine of your lovely sketches! ^^;

The first has nice hair, once again. Everything you usually do well applies, and I really have nothing much to say about it, other than great work! The lips are a bit strange, though. It's lighted in a way that makes me wonder if the highlights of the top lip are teeth, which I assume they're not.

The second has great shading and expression, but the hair is a bit less good than what yo usually do. Also, the entire face seems twisted? It looks very off, though I do realize this is a WIP.

Great work! Are we going to see more colour anytime soon?

Edited by KoalaNoob

Still, here's the finished version! Not that different from the original, but I'm glad to have it done. ^^ Next, I'm going to take a break from realism and instead draw some anime doodles. c:

user posted image

Holy WUT? ohmy.gif I can't do that! I can't do aaanything like that! That face is amazing! Beautiful! I can't do anything "realism" so I stand here with no critique since I can't even draw a decent realistic jaw.

As for the more recent WIP, it's looking great so far! Keep at it! And don't worry yourself over the hands; they are nightmares for a lot of artists (of what I've seen/heard all over the internet and IRL), myself included. xd.png

Also, if may I ask, how "well-off" do you find yourself posting your drawings here in the forums? (If that made sense. I'm sooo sorry if that was a poor choice of words @~@') How do you feel? I've considered making my own art thread, (if you could even call it art lol) but I'm just not sure yet. And, sorry if this is an odd question...yeah...

Can't wait to see more work! ^.^/

Edited by Kira-san

Ah, sorry, I haven't checked here in a bit. It seems I've missed wine of your lovely sketches! ^^;

The first has nice hair, once again. Everything you usually do well applies, and I really have nothing much to say about it, other than great work! The lips are a bit strange, though. It's lighted in a way that makes me wonder if the highlights of the top lip are teeth, which I assume they're not.

The second has great shading and expression, but the hair is a bit less good than what yo usually do. Also, the entire face seems twisted? It looks very off, though I do realize this is a WIP.

Great work! Are we going to see more colour anytime soon?

ohh it's okay!! hello <333 thank you so much for replying now!!

ohh thank you <33 i'm crying you're so nice how

aaa yeah, she does have some teeth! though i see what you're referring to--i'll admit, her top lip does need a bit of reconstruction. oops!

ohh thank you so much!! <33 yeah, the hair is giving me a huge headache as i'm not too sure how to do the highlights since they're very small and thin, and i don't have anything like a white gel liner to help with that. i'll see if i can work something out!

oh, maybe! i'm still trying to study colour theory and work on light source, but perhaps! ^^

Holy WUT?  ohmy.gif I can't do that! I can't do aaanything like that! That face is amazing! Beautiful! I can't do anything "realism" so I stand here with no critique since I can't even draw a decent realistic jaw.

As for the more recent WIP, it's looking great so far! Keep at it! And don't worry yourself over the hands; they are nightmares for a lot of artists (of what I've seen/heard all over the internet and IRL), myself included. xd.png.png

Also, if may I ask, how "well-off" do you find yourself posting your drawings here in the forums? (If that made sense. I'm sooo sorry if that was a poor choice of words @~@') How do you feel? I've considered making my own art thread, (if you could even call it art lol) but I'm just not sure yet. And, sorry if this is an odd question...yeah...

Can't wait to see more work! ^.^/

Ohhh criES THANK YOU SO MUCH <333 you're so nice omg i'm so flattered thank you <33

ohh i'm sure you can! just keep practising, you'll get it! c:

ohh thank you so much!! <33 yeah, that's true. i actually opted out of doing the hands xd.png i'll do some one-on-one practise before drawing them in sketches.

ohh don't worry about it! it's not rude, i'm happy to answer!

actually, my arts thread was suggested by my therapist. i suffer from depression and anxiety, so she suggested that putting my work out there and getting feedback might help with my depression. and honestly, it has! in little bits, it's made me more comfortable with what i do and also a little bit more vain, so it's really nice. c: i used to be very very scared with posting what i draw, but now wips and my most recent sketches are really common. i find that as my arts thread grows, i grow and my skill grows too!! so overall, i think you should go for it! having an arts thread is really helpful and i'm sure your art is wonderful--share it with the world! <3

ohh don't worry about it! it's not rude, i'm happy to answer!

actually, my arts thread was suggested by my therapist. i suffer from depression and anxiety, so she suggested that putting my work out there and getting feedback might help with my depression. and honestly, it has! in little bits, it's made me more comfortable with what i do and also a little bit more vain, so it's really nice. c: i used to be very very scared with posting what i draw, but now wips and my most recent sketches are really common. i find that as my arts thread grows, i grow and my skill grows too!! so overall, i think you should go for it! having an arts thread is really helpful and i'm sure your art is wonderful--share it with the world! <3

With how bubbly and energetic you are I would have never guessed that's the case with you.

Also every time I take a break from crying over playing BF or MTG or hw or what have it,

You seem to be better then an exponential graph with three varibles.

Legitly, that is ur progress.

A graph.

Lol.

also save me from Brave Frontier I'm too good and cant quit

Edited by Enderkid

With how bubbly and energetic you are I would have never guessed that's the case with you.

Also every time I take a break from crying over playing BF or MTG or hw or what have it,

You seem to be better then an exponential graph with three varibles.

Legitly, that is ur progress.

A graph.

Lol.

also save me from Brave Frontier I'm too good and cant quit

ahah laugHS like. yeah tbh i get that a lot : ' ^ ) my emotions are super up and down so i can be really really happy or really really sad there's no inbetween and that can cause trouble sometimes. : ' ^ )

im laughing oh my god crying over

is it the homework that makes you cry or BF/MTG

ooo crIES WHAT i'm laughing good lord. thANK YOU SO MUCH i'm honoured!!! it's good to hear that i'm doing okay with arting and everything. : ^ )

i'm laughing tbh if my progress was a graph it'd just be a flat line for ten years i'm way too lazy to do any intense training by e

thank you so much for the lovely reply holy crap<333

accept the brave frontier

become the brave frontier

consume the brave frontier