Lady_Lunevis

✫ lu's art ✫

haha wow this thread has been dead for a while hasn't it--

apologies for no new updates, guys! i've been super busy with life.

so today i was finishing up a friend's request (aiming to finish it completely tomorrow) and i started feeling really bad about my art because wow my friends are like the next da vinci

so i threw together a progress chart of may to july for funsies, and wanted to share it here. to be honest, i'm still not truly proud of my art, but i guess there's some improvement? no idea, but i'll keep drawing anyway!

haha literally got so lazy on july

user posted image

I was super productive today! biggrin.gif Completed a request and drew something for fun; I'm slowly moving down the list.

First, I ADORE Ara's new job class, Asura. So I did a small headshot for fun.

user posted image

Second is a request my friend made a long time ago--never felt like I could actually draw it and I'm still not too proud, but here it is. Might ink it later biggrin.gif

Add from the game, Elsword. Also where the first picture is from.

user posted image

Aaaayyyyyy look at that improvement especially that last one oh my god you're really getting good at this. Look out everyone we have another future Da Vinci on the loose.

Like everyone is saying, SO MUCH IMPROVEMENT!

You were great to start off, and you're only getting better! I love the expression on the pencil-drawn girl, and the clothing is nicely detailed as well.

On the inked one, the strokes are fairly confident, and it looks like you put in a lot of effort to do things in one stroke!

Great work!

Aaaayyyyyy look at that improvement especially that last one oh my god you're really getting good at this. Look out everyone we have another future Da Vinci on the loose.

oh my god loud crying thANK YOU ♥♥

literally crying rn omg i admire your art so much aaa thank

Like everyone is saying, SO MUCH IMPROVEMENT!

You were great to start off, and you're only getting better! I love the expression on the pencil-drawn girl, and the clothing is nicely detailed as well.

On the inked one, the strokes are fairly confident, and it looks like you put in a lot of effort to do things in one stroke!

Great work!

aaa omg thank!!! ♥

cries aa thank you ♥♥ i try my best ; v ;

omg thank you!!! ♥♥ yeah i tried cause wow one strokes are kinda hard like artists how even

aaa thank you so much for your words!! they mean a lot aa im crying

still waiting on my request

Now I don't wanna sound Clichè but you are really showing improvement!

Good Job!

Hey lune can you draw a wolf like creature with a mane, to protruding frontal sabers/teeths, large claws, black feathered wings, some spines on its back, and a spiked, furred tail, no references obviously,will look.

still waiting on my request

Now I don't wanna sound Clichè but you are really showing improvement!

Good Job!

haha still working on that oops i'm sorry

ahh thank you so much!! ♥ it makes me really happy to hear that!

Hey lune can you draw a wolf like creature with a mane, to protruding frontal sabers/teeths, large claws, black feathered wings, some spines on its back, and a spiked, furred tail, no references obviously,will look.

oh good lord--

aaa i'm sorry! :c i can only draw humans; i don't have experience or knowledge in animal anatomy yet!

user posted image

and the sketch of Enderkid's request is done! ♥ i apologise for the crappy quality; my scanner has decided to be a butt and unexpectedly stop working on me :c so until i get this figured out, every picture will be taken with rather crappy ipad camera, many apologies. :c

as a thank-you for the many avatars he's gifted me as well as encouragement, i'll be inking this drawing as soon as i can, and then i'll move onto seacat's!

Aaaah I wish I could have you draw one of my characters but alas, I have no human/humanoid ones :c The closest I have is a hominid dragon who's based off the great apes and his design isn't even a hundred per cent complete.

Now then, looking at the above sketch and I'm gonna level a couple crits. The girl seems to be leaning very hard to her right, and neither seem to have any elbows. Posture problems can be fixed by creating a simple 'wire frame', lightly sketched so it can be played around with until it's right, and then you can lightly sketch over that to make sure your subject looks right. As for elbows and other such anatomical things... let's just say Google is your best friend for finding all sorts of references! Remember those pics I showed you demonstrating how every vertebrate has the same skeletal structure? =D

OwO

Wow, that's really good! Like RamPaging Wyvern said, the anatomy is a tiny bit off (especially with joints) but it's till so good! The details are very impressive, and the slight shading tops everything off perfectly! The hair on the boy is also very well done, and I like how he's holding a sword while smiling softly- it suggests a war torn land.

Great work!

Aaaah I wish I could have you draw one of my characters but alas, I have no human/humanoid ones :c The closest I have is a hominid dragon who's based off the great apes and his design isn't even a hundred per cent complete.

Now then, looking at the above sketch and I'm gonna level a couple crits. The girl seems to be leaning very hard to her right, and neither seem to have any elbows. Posture problems can be fixed by creating a simple 'wire frame', lightly sketched so it can be played around with until it's right, and then you can lightly sketch over that to make sure your subject looks right. As for elbows and other such anatomical things... let's just say Google is your best friend for finding all sorts of references! Remember those pics I showed you demonstrating how every vertebrate has the same skeletal structure? =D

omg cries your characters are so good and detailed they're amazing aaa

maybe one day ; v ; i admire your art so much you have no idea im cry

aa thank you for the crit! i appreciate it; it helps me know which points i can improve on. biggrin.gif if you don't mind me asking, what are wire frames? a search on google gives me actual frames |D

hmm, i see, i see! that does seem helpful, yes.

aaa yes! i remember biggrin.gif unfortunately i already started inking the picture above before i read this oops i need to check my email more often but i'll remember it for future drawings, thank you! <3 i might wanna play around with poses for a while.

those pictures were very helpful, and also very interesting! biggrin.gif thank you for your words--i'll do my best to improve!

OwO

Wow, that's really good! Like RamPaging Wyvern said, the anatomy is a tiny bit off (especially with joints) but it's till so good! The details are very impressive, and the slight shading tops everything off perfectly! The hair on the boy is also very well done, and I like how he's holding a sword while smiling softly- it suggests a war torn land.

Great work!

aa cries thank you so much!! i'm going to practise more to try to improve with joints ^^ thank you for your words, though! compliments brighten up my day and crit really helps me know which points to focus on. biggrin.gif

so poetic omg touches your words

made me come all the way to the forum page to see it instead of just putting in the skype conversation lol

Wow it looks great just like the actually thing.

Aside from all the criticism previously stated, I feel that the neck is a bit longer, and then Xenon's face is slightly off. It may just be me though

@-@

Overall, great job. Looking forward to the final one.

Edited by Enderkid

It remains great. Well. To me, at least. ^^

Oh, also, because I forgot, quick thing about my request(though it's fine if you can't)- The eyes have white pupils and black otherwise. (Sorry for forgetting to mention this before!)

Anyways, the details you do are awesome~ And I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work! ^^ Back to lurking I go.

omg cries your characters are so good and detailed they're amazing aaa

maybe one day ; v ; i admire your art so much you have no idea im cry

aa thank you for the crit! i appreciate it; it helps me know which points i can improve on. :D if you don't mind me asking, what are wire frames? a search on google gives me actual frames |D

; v ; all practise

I'm pretty sure I've explained before, but here's a photo to help explain far more clearly.

oops big picture

See those two little figures? Those were the wire frames I was using to help me work out a run cycle for the Thanvei while I was sketching out a skeletal structure. Nothing complex, just a way to mark out the primary bones and joints for fleshing out later. I usually omit things like wrists though that usually comes down to whether I actually remember to add them.

Edited by rampaging wyvern

made me come all the way to the forum page to see it instead of just putting in the skype conversation lol

Wow it looks great just like the actually thing.

Aside from all the criticism previously stated, I feel that the neck is a bit longer, and then Xenon's face is slightly off. It may just be me though

@-@

Overall, great job. Looking forward to the final one.

only cause i care

aaa thank you! <33

oh geeze yeah 8'))) as previously mentioned i already started inking but thank you for your words! i'll be sure to improve on that in the future. biggrin.gif

aaa thank you! <33 will upload soon. c:

It remains great. Well. To me, at least. ^^

Oh, also, because I forgot, quick thing about my request(though it's fine if you can't)- The eyes have white pupils and black otherwise. (Sorry for forgetting to mention this before!)

Anyways, the details you do are awesome~ And I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work! ^^ Back to lurking I go.

ohh thank you! <33

aaa i see! nono, it's okay. c: i've never drawn that kind of eye before, but i'll try my best! <3

ohh thank you so much! <3333 i'm so happy to hear that. biggrin.gif ahah, thank you for viewing!

; v ; all practise

I'm pretty sure I've explained before, but here's a photo to help explain far more clearly.

oops big picture

See those two little figures? Those were the wire frames I was using to help me work out a run cycle for the Thanvei while I was sketching out a skeletal structure. Nothing complex, just a way to mark out the primary bones and joints for fleshing out later. I usually omit things like wrists though that usually comes down to whether I actually remember to add them.

aa still that's so good <33

ohh, thank you! it helps a lot <33

ohh, i see i see! that's really interesting aaa ; v ; one question though--how do you know if the wire frame looks right or not? i use something like that but i usually end up drawing something completely different from the original frame. |D

aa still that's so good <33

ohh, thank you! it helps a lot <33

ohh, i see i see! that's really interesting aaa ; v ; one question though--how do you know if the wire frame looks right or not? i use something like that but i usually end up drawing something completely different from the original frame. |D

That comes with practise. Learning proportions, limitations and so on, but it really is infinitely useful once you really get the hang of it :3 Trial and error, basically. You'll learn to recognise when a frame's right! And sticking with a frame also takes some practise - even now I'll stray somewhat from a frame if I realise a proportion's off. Work at it, and I know you'll end up doing great <3

oh good lord--

aaa i'm sorry! :c i can only draw humans; i don't have experience or knowledge in animal anatomy yet!

Figured. biggrin.gif just throwing something random at you, cortesy of my younger cousins random mind.

user posted image

and Enderkid's request is done and inked! biggrin.gif

i'm not too proud of this one, but thank you so much to everyone who offered amazing advice! <3 you guys really help me keep on going and i'm hoping to improve more as i draw. biggrin.gif

That comes with practise. Learning proportions, limitations and so on, but it really is infinitely useful once you really get the hang of it :3 Trial and error, basically. You'll learn to recognise when a frame's right! And sticking with a frame also takes some practise - even now I'll stray somewhat from a frame if I realise a proportion's off. Work at it, and I know you'll end up doing great <3

ohhh, thank you for replying! <33

oh yes, there's a lot to learn |D i hope i'll be able to reach such a level some day, i'll keep going at it! biggrin.gif frames are a lot of work but they really do help. biggrin.gif i'll try my best! <3

Figured.  biggrin.gif just throwing something random at you, cortesy of my younger cousins random mind.

aha well it was certainly random! biggrin.gif your younger cousin is very creative. ^^

Omega gud job.

And to keep you busy and sleepdeprived,

THIS

Its something new and hilarious so lol enjoy. The letters are mandatory.

Omega gud job.

And to keep you busy and sleepdeprived,

THIS

Its something new and hilarious so lol enjoy. The letters are mandatory.

omg cries thank you

oh my gOD LOLOL

that's amazing especially considering this is my skype picture:

user posted image

i have an entire album. hail espurr. espurr is love espurr is life.

thank you for this request i'm going to enjoy it so much 8'DDD

Espurr. : D

Also, Lady L, so much detail. ^^

I'm gonna go back to lurking because I love looking at your art. c:

omg yes espurr <3

aa cries thank you!! <33 that means a lot 8)))

omg i'm cry thank you c: lurk away! c: your encouragement gives me so much inspirational aaa

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

user posted image

and seacatmew's request is complete! i hope it's okay; i struggled a bit with shoes like wow. what are those.

i've been trying to improve my anatomy lately so i'll probably upload a few messy sketches sooner or later. c:

thanks to everyone for viewing! <33