Lady_Lunevis

✫ lu's art ✫

Yay I really like this week's update! All of them are awesome and OMG that's Hermioneeeeeee! And I love dogs <3

Yay I really like this week's update! All of them are awesome and OMG that's Hermioneeeeeee! And I love dogs <3

thank you aaa <333

i love dogs too they're so great!! animals are great too omg : ^ )

yes it is!!! hermione is great <33

and i finished the small thing i was doing earlier in class! rip i'm actually so rusty with traditional aa the eyes bother me on this one but i kinda like the hair; that's always good!

user posted image

ignore my awkward hand in the corner LOL

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

user posted image

and butterfly princess is finally done!!! i'm off to drown myself in candy and criminal minds for a few hours, LOL.

i'm so sorry i took so long with this one gahh i'm horrible i'm so sorry </333 if there's anyway i can make it up to you, let me know!

other than that, it was an honour to do this request--thanks for requesting from me! c: i really tried w colouring in this one and i like the weapon yay

user posted image

sorry for the blurry small image, but i had time in class to try a bit of sideview. c:

Damn the coloring is really sweet, and the facial tattoo is on point. GJ, and i'll probs drop another request soon enough lol

user posted image

I am completely blown away by this. Stunningly gorgeous! I LOVE the blending of two concepts like this. VERY well done!

Damn the coloring is really sweet, and the facial tattoo is on point. GJ, and i'll probs drop another request soon enough lol

bruhh thank you so much!!! <33 yeah i tried rly hard w colouring bc i haven't really coloured that much so i'm glad to hear it's okay!!

I am completely blown away by this. Stunningly gorgeous! I LOVE the blending of two concepts like this. VERY well done!

ohh i'm honoured!! thank you so much <3333 i wish i'd had time to grab a higher resolution picture before it was shipped off to the gallery, but oh well ;;;

still, thank you so much for your words!!! you flatter me; you're too kind omg ; v ;

some drawings for this week; i really tried to improve on sideview since that's a point i'm majorly lacking in ugh

might try some painting after finals are over!! also waiting on a conte pencil to arrive so i can maybe try some brown shades and a little bit more colouring. <33

user posted image

some realism i was working on in class!

user posted image

a doodle sheet i was randomly drawing while watching csi LOL

i'm really proud of my sideview improvement in this one!!

user posted image

a more anime-styled piece too!!

also; i was considering starting to draw little comics from time to time since i want to work more on expression and bodies. they'll probably be really awful at first, so bear with me LOL

will update more as i get the chance <33 finals are next week so i might poof for a few days!

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

Dear, your realism never fails to astound me <3 As someone who has struggled with (and is currently actively practising) drawing human faces, you're quite the inspiration! Still ready to commission you, I just plan to wait a little until I can make it truly worthwhile for you o3o

Dear, your realism never fails to astound me <3 As someone who has struggled with (and is currently actively practising) drawing human faces, you're quite the inspiration! Still ready to commission you, I just plan to wait a little until I can make it truly worthwhile for you o3o

ohh thank you so much, i'm so honoured <333

i admire your art so much omg it's amazing <33 thank you for your kind words!!! ; v ;

omg no what you're the inspiration <333 your drawings are so wonderfully detailed and amazingly realistic!!

ohh i weep so much thank you so much omg you don't have to commission me <33 i'm excited; sounds good, i can wait! c: thank you so much you lovely person omg

more draws!

user posted image

the same image as earlier before, only done in conte and sanguine hhh <33 it was so fun working with these tools! i have to give them back to the teacher tomorrow but i might go and buy my own, it was just so fun to work with colour <33

the assignment for this was emphasis, so i made the face rather dull and simple and focused instead on the hair to create contrast!

user posted image

finished a math test early and had time to doodle!!

edit; and some quick eyes for practise!! i really like the first pair hhh

user posted image

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

tfw you finish drawing and it doesn't match up to your impossibly high expectations ... rip

user posted image

tried some new stuff w colouring and lineart with this one but ... yeah

idk i'm so displeased with my digital drawing skills rip i'm sorry i don't mean to complain so much

i rly like the face shape on this one but the eyes,, we just cant have the best of both worlds miley cyrus lied to me

might redraw the eyes at a later date but now i'm off to aura kingdom until my eyes bleed

sorry for being away for so long! finals was a long and busy battle, but now i have a few days off to enjoy doing what i want! c:

basically eating poptarts and playing games, LOL.

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

Wow! I love your art Lunevis! You're a very talented artist!

And I can't understand why you're saying your digital art isn't good. Are you crazy? I wish I could do at least half you can do. You're really good! biggrin.gif Believe me, I'm always honest so if I'm saying that is because you're good indeed.

Also, your dog is so so cute I'm almost dying here! wub.gif

Wow! I love your art Lunevis! You're a very talented artist!

And I can't understand why you're saying your digital art isn't good. Are you crazy? I wish I could do at least half you can do. You're really good! biggrin.gif Believe me, I'm always honest so if I'm saying that is because you're good indeed.

Also, your dog is so so cute I'm almost dying here! wub.gif

aaa omg thank you so much!! <33 i'm so honoured aa you're really too nice <33

aaa i'm blushing thank you so much!!! i know many talented digital artists so my expectations for myself are like skyrocketing, but still thank you for your kind words <333 compliments . . . well, they always make me feel better. xd.png

ikr?? i love her so much omg <33 dogs are my favourite animals, tied closely with cats and red pandas! c:

thank you so much for stopping by and writing such a lovely message <33

i know this technically isn't art, but i wanted to share something i managed to do today!!

i've been looking at the code that goes into making themes on tumblr for a while now, and just today i started making my own theme!! much of the body is uncoded but i have the background and sidebar done--something i'm really proud of, as i worked on it for god-knows how many hours straight!!

i'll post a live preview and the coding once it's completely done, but for now here's a screenshot of the sidebar that i'm rly proud of!

user posted image

edit;

user posted image

and some late night doodles, featuring cutiepatoot, what actually is anatomy, oh god what am i doing, and whoa that bottom one turned out p ok

more edits today was a productive day

user posted image

a rly quick sketch!! might line and colour it later : ^ )

i should get working on requests oops

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

Hey Lune! Everything's looking even better! I just finished art. We did printmaking, but got stuck with foam.

aa hello!! thank you so much omg <33

oh very nice! same here, in fact c: semester change rip

aww i'm sorry to hear that :c you should really try it on lino, it was super fun!!

in other news, i have super exciting things to reveal!!

remember the tumblr theme i was coding earlier? well, it's finished, and although it's pretty simple and rather short in code i'm still proud of myself for doing something like that. c: here's to more complex themes in the future!!

the theme is called simple and clean.

the live preview is here: simple & clean

the code is here: code

ri p i rise from the dead

i'm alive!!! i wish i could say i've been hidden away drawing my brains out to try and improvement, but unfortunately that's not the case :c what actually happened is second semester starting and the fact i have all of my hard classes second sem. rip so much

so this thread might not be as updated as it used to be!! though i will try really hard to squeeze in the occasional draw whenever i find the time. <33

anyway; haha laughs nervously i should stop staying up late to draw bc then i get tired and cranky and start nitpicking all of my mistakes, but kinda to ease my nerves after my latest drawing i went through this thread from the beginning!!

and all i can say is oh good lord look at those old arts

still, i was and i still am completely astonished by all the nice compliments people had to offer!! <33 criticism to help and the occasional compliment really does help me improve, and i don't say this nearly enough as i should, but thanks to each and every one of you for stopping by here sometime during the almost-year it's been open! <33

anyway, here's what i managed to get done tonight in an hour or so of drawing. super messy sketch, be warned, in the process of cleaning / linearting.

user posted image

edit to avoid spamming the originals forum;

LeviathinGeneral, i finished your request!!! thank you for requesting something aa <33 i'm so sorry for my derpy hands and anatomy rip so much

user posted image

planning to drive myself out of my comfort corner and try some anatomy drawings when i find time!

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

user posted image

finally got some time to draw!!!

ignore the one on the very left that was like two months ago the other two are more recent

user posted image

user posted image

some more pictures; practising with fullbody and different kinds of art styles

i might just accept it now i'm never going to be satisfied with my art my expectations are too high

i'm going to keep working!! maybe one day my skill can match up with ambition. c:

user posted image

I like this one <3

Oh it's been so long since my last visit to this thread lol.

I'm now seriously considering to buy a graphic tablet...

I like this one <3

Oh it's been so long since my last visit to this thread lol.

I'm now seriously considering to buy a graphic tablet...

Ahhh thank you so much!! <333

It has been a while, yes! Though I'm partly to blame; I've been too busy to post any new drawings lately rip

You should!! They're actually a lot of fun and a bit strange to get used to at first, but really cool. c: Plus, you can do all sorts of things using drawing programs and the like!

gross sketches.png

aka lunevis is too tired lately her art style can only be described as not even trying anymore with a mixture of groans

i can't wait for spring break i'm going to ignore all my homework and just draw as much as i want to

spills out collective quick sketches like i miss having time to draw so m u ch

i rly like the second one here!! though admittedly i do need to find time to work on my realism a little bit : ' ^ ) i never got around to that anatomy practise oops

someday someday!!

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

art dump

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

literally all of these were done in five minutes puts head in hands

>me: dont rush ur work or else itll come out looking bad

>me: spends only two minutes on it

>me: idk what i expected i really dont

i swear i'll have something better next time aaaa

this was just a lot of trial and error : ' ^ ) but hey first time using coloured pencils to draw something!

user posted image

CUTE GIRLS GIVE ME LIFE

quick doodle slay me // what is hair

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

I RISE

oops i'm so sorry for not updating this thread nearly as much as i should : ^ ( i've gotten into this awful habit of deleting / throwing away the art i don't deem good enough so i have like nothing to update buUUTT

i'm trying to break myself out of that habit so aye!!! here u go a quick doodle

the one year anniversary of me opening up this thread is coming rly quickly and idk if i''m ready to look at my art through the year omg puts head in hands

user posted image

this just in: fata still doesn't understand clothing shh i need to do some studying holla

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

f a t a plz

your anime style has improved since you opened the topic and you've become more confident with your lines (your old drawings look super sketchy). Since you mentioned the smoothness of my stuff (i'm still blushing over that omg) I'd suggest keep inking like you did on the last page, where you make your lines with one sweep rather than multiple hatches. You'll get more comfortable with the motion in time. Be confident about where you're going to place your lines and if you screw up, you can always draw it again (unless you're like me who draws in pen #cant erase so i'll take blame #but i can't accept that we're estranged #without you )

Keep at it! :0 *fades back into the shadows*

its k i don't understand clothing either P.S. do you mind if I redline the anatomy your next fullbody drawing?