Lady_Lunevis

✫ lu's art ✫

user posted image

i tried spriting and holy crap bye those pixels messed with my eyes

it was really fun!! def gonna do more of the in the future, yay / o /

wip tho and probably never going to be finished what are legs sheds a tear you can tell i was so excited doing the hair and then the clothes came along and i was like. what no bye.

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

user posted image

and seacatmew's request is complete! i hope it's okay; i struggled a bit with shoes like wow. what are those.

i've been trying to improve my anatomy lately so i'll probably upload a few messy sketches sooner or later. c:

thanks to everyone for viewing! <33

Why did I not look in here earlier Oh my gosh it's PERFECT~ Thank you! : D

Nice sprite! ^^ Pixels will do that. So will gridlines. Gridlines are horrible. All I see after I work with it is lines. Lines everywhere. xd.png

Still, you did good! (Ha. Hair. I just draw lines and stare at it. And pretend they just have hair that doesn't shine.) A tip for the legs: It may or may not be easier to have them at a odd number for width so that you can have a line or something. I don't know, basically just find whatever you find best to do.

...Sorry if that makes no sense. ^^'

Your anatomy is already improving a lot! For the shoes, try using som light shading to show their shape.

The sprite is very nice! It looks better if you don't expand it when showing us though, it ruins the shading. Also, the pants is just a big tube.

Why did I not look in here earlier Oh my gosh it's PERFECT~ Thank you! : D

Nice sprite! ^^ Pixels will do that. So will gridlines. Gridlines are horrible. All I see after I work with it is lines. Lines everywhere. xd.png.png

Still, you did good! (Ha. Hair. I just draw lines and stare at it. And pretend they just have hair that doesn't shine.) A tip for the legs: It may or may not be easier to have them at a odd number for width so that you can have a line or something. I don't know, basically just find whatever you find best to do.

...Sorry if that makes no sense. ^^'

ayy it's okay---omg squeals thank you so much!!! i'm glad you like it

omg cries thank you!! yeah that's true oh good lord sprites are confusing bye

oh geeze, really? i use paint.net for my sprites so i don't really work with gridlines or anything like that, just a crapton of layers and colours oops. still, thank you for your advice!! if i switch programs anytime i will definitely keep that in mind!!!

Your anatomy is already improving a lot! For the shoes, try using som light shading to show their shape.

The sprite is very nice! It looks better if you don't expand it when showing us though, it ruins the shading. Also, the pants is just a big tube.

ohh thank you so much!!!

ohh aaa i haven't thought of using shading as a way to show their shape! OO: thank you for your words, i'll use that in the future for reference. <33

ohh thank you!!

aa true true--i'll keep any future sprites at their normal size! c:

oh god yeah that's true puts face in hands oops. i need to figure out how to shade things correctly--something else to learn in the future!!

thank you both for your lovely replies. <33

user posted image

Enderkid's request is done!!! haha wow that is a huge file i am so sorry

i had fun!! it's refreshing to draw something other than a human. though i feel like it looks more human than pokemon frick me oops

i hope you enjoy!!

gonna do a few more casual doodles, as well as my last request from a friend.

The face is really good, and the expression is perfect! The shoulders bother me a bit, though. They're so wide, it feels really wrong and out of place.

The face is really good, and the expression is perfect! The shoulders bother me a bit, though. They're so wide, it feels really wrong and out of place.

ohh thank you so much!! <33

aaa thank you--yeah, those bother me slightly as well. :c i'm not sure if i should move them up a bit? espurr's neck is a shorter than that and its body shape is a thinner; i'll see if i can make some adjustments!!

user posted image

A sketch I'm working on! Decided to try out digital again--I really want to be able to draw digitally as well. Something I quickly drew up--tomorrow I'll try to fix it up!

I've been lazy lately, not drawing as much rip

...While staring at that, I just realized that I probably will never be able to do digital art properly, because now all I can see are pixels. xd.pngIt's the curse of the... Pixel Maker?

That's pretty, though. c: Also, at least you're drawing. I've been procrastinating on everything... Everything. Answering messages, drawing... Even getting off my bed. x_x

Still though, you did a good job! (You also somehow inspired me to draw something.)

Long time no see<3

I'll say your digital painting looks better... But I always love those pictures drew by hands.

Have you ever tried to copy the arts you like? I personally think that's a easier way to learn.

I have to agree that digital art is much smoother than what you do with pencils, which makes it look nicer.

Really good job, though! It's slightly slanted, but the shapes are still really good. The eyes and head shape are particularly outstanding!

...While staring at that, I just realized that I probably will never be able to do digital art properly, because now all I can see are pixels. xd.png.png It's the curse of the... Pixel Maker?

That's pretty, though. c: Also, at least you're drawing. I've been procrastinating on everything... Everything. Answering messages, drawing... Even getting off my bed. x_x

Still though, you did a good job! (You also somehow inspired me to draw something.)

OmgLOl. Yeah, I zoomed up a little too closely when taking the screenshot and was too lazy to make another one rip

You never know, maybe you will!! c:

ha omg it probably is

Ohh thank you so much!! <33

omgLOL. Same tbh I literally can't roll out of bed these days rip

Ohh thank you!! <33 Ahhh I'm really happy to hear that--I can't wait to see what you've drawn! ^^

Long time no see<3

I'll say your digital painting looks better... But I always love those pictures drew by hands.

Have you ever tried to copy the arts you like? I personally think that's a easier way to learn.

Yes indeed!! Hello again <33

Ohh thank you so much!! I'm glad to hear there's improvement. c:

I like drawing traditionally too! It has a more authentic feel to it for me, personally.

Hmm... copy as in what kind of copy? You do make a good point though--thank you!! Yes, I've looked at the art styles of artists I admire, but I haven't thought of attempting to draw like them bc..... wow they're really talented holy crap

Still though, thank you for the tip! I'll try something like that in the future. c:

I have to agree that digital art is much smoother than what you do with pencils, which makes it look nicer.

Really good job, though! It's slightly slanted, but the shapes are still really good. The eyes and head shape are particularly outstanding!

Ohh thank you so much!! <33 Yeah the one thing I like about drawing digitally is that it's much easier to clean up your drawings and make them look pretty. c:

Ohh thank you!! I'm very happy to hear that. c: I'll keep trying my best!

Uwwaa all these responses I'm so touched thank you guys <333

user posted image

I tried spriting!!

This one's done using a different style; rather than using paint to do everything, I sketched it out with a brush and then used binary to go over it again and again rip

I think this itself took me... three hours, give or take. I kept switching things and having to redraw them rip

Going to upload this before I possibly ruin it with colouring h a

THAT HAIR

HOW IN THE WORLD

I MEAN

HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE WITH PIXELS

...I think I'm just too lazy for detailed art. ^^'

Three hours? Hmm. That's... A moderate amount of time. Okay, for that detailed, that's actually fairly quick.

The sprite is nice, though. c:

The eyes are perfect! The give such a smug impression that I don't care if the eyebrows are technically on the hair. Heck, I don't care her eyes are bigger than her hands!

Like all your other work, the clothing really stands out over everything else (except for the eyes/expression. Nothing beats that.) it's very detailed, and the regal attire fits which the prideful face.

A glaring issue is that the lines aren't one pixel thick everywhere, though, like it should be. And there are some places with light gray for some reason. Still, nice to see a well-done chibi sprite!

THAT HAIR

HOW IN THE WORLD

I MEAN

HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE WITH PIXELS

...I think I'm just too lazy for detailed art. ^^'

Three hours? Hmm. That's... A moderate amount of time. Okay, for that detailed, that's actually fairly quick.

The sprite is nice, though. c:

//sparkles with magic// No, I'm kidding. A heckton of the binary tool, yes c:

Pats omg sam e. Shh it's okay your art is really good!!

Ahh yeah! i got lazy I tend to rush my arts sometimes so I'm going to take my time with this, yes. c:

Ohh thank you <33

The eyes are perfect! The give such a smug impression that I don't care if the eyebrows are technically on the hair. Heck, I don't care her eyes are bigger than her hands!

Like all your other work, the clothing really stands out over everything else (except for the eyes/expression. Nothing beats that.) it's very detailed, and the regal attire fits which the prideful face.

A glaring issue is that the lines aren't one pixel thick everywhere, though, like it should be. And there are some places with light gray for some reason. Still, nice to see a well-done chibi sprite!

Ohhh thank you so much!! <333

Oh geeze I should fix that eyebrow--I'll see how it looks on the final sprite and make adjustments. c:

Ohh thank you so much!! <33 Clothes are really fun to draw!

Ohh thank you so much!! The light grey comes from failed attempts to erase while I was sketching and the lines are where I pressed too hard--I'm going around fixing them now, painstakingly one at a time rip

Thank you so much for your words!! <33

If you have leftover gray from the sketches, paint bucket everything except for the lines some unused color (like bright purple) and color in all the unwanted pixels.

Yes indeed!! Hello again <33

Ohh thank you so much!! I'm glad to hear there's improvement. c:

I like drawing traditionally too! It has a more authentic feel to it for me, personally.

Hmm... copy as in what kind of copy? You do make a good point though--thank you!! Yes, I've looked at the art styles of artists I admire, but I haven't thought of attempting to draw like them bc..... wow they're really talented holy crap

Still though, thank you for the tip! I'll try something like that in the future. c:

Sorry for didn't make myself clear. What I meant by "copy" is。..uhm, for example, find an art you like or looks like easy to sketch, Pokemon in this case, and try to draw a similar (or exactly the same) one.

English is not my native language so I failed to find the exact word for this kind of...action(?). Hope you now know what I was talking about anyway. And please tell the right word in English for this <3

Anyway, the latest one looks much better! I'm looking forward to see it be coloured.

If you have leftover gray from the sketches, paint bucket everything except for the lines some unused color (like bright purple) and color in all the unwanted pixels.

Ohh thank you so much for the tip!! <33 What I did was actually zoom up and erase everything one at a time, and that took way too long and killed my eyes 8')) Thank you, I'll be trying this method in the future for sure!

Sorry for didn't make myself clear. What I meant by "copy" is。..uhm, for example, find an art you like or looks like easy to sketch, Pokemon in this case, and try to draw a similar (or exactly the same) one.

English is not my native language so I failed to find the exact word for this kind of...action(?). Hope you now know what I was talking about anyway. And please tell the right word in English for this <3

Anyway, the latest one looks much better! I'm looking forward to see it be coloured.

Ah, nono, it's okay!! Thank you so much for explaining to me, I understand now. <33 That does sound like a good way, thank you so much!!

Hmm... I'm not too sure if there's actually an English term for that or it might just be that it's 3 am and my brain is dead, I believe it's just up to how the words are used in the sentence. Copy fits, but explanation is probably needed or a misunderstanding may occur.

Still, your English is really good for not being your native language! It's always amazing to meet non-English speakers who can talk so beautifully in two or more languages. biggrin.gif

Ohh thank you so much!! <33

Speaking of the coloured version, here's another WIP! I finished the bland colours and all there's left to do is add shading and detail, but since I've been working on this all day I pushed it aside to do some writing. I'll see if I can get it finished ( or almost done ) in two days or so, since tomorrow I have a party to go to!

Also tried to clean up some lines and make it as one-pixel as possible. gahhh stupid Gyazo for blurring the lines why this

user posted image

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

That's a really nice color scheme! The really light purple accentuates the darker purple, and the golden rim really grabs attention. Just a suggestion, though: Why not make the hair and shirt slightly different? It makes it look more interesting, and it's more realistic than the hair being exactly the same as the clothing.

Also, maybe darken her skin, or make it a bit more orange? With the purple everywhere, it almost looks a ghostly purple-gray, which is cool but really odd.

That's a really nice color scheme! The really light purple accentuates the darker purple, and the golden rim really grabs attention. Just a suggestion, though: Why not make the hair and shirt slightly different? It makes it look more interesting, and it's more realistic than the hair being exactly the same as the clothing.

Also, maybe darken her skin, or make it a bit more orange? With the purple everywhere, it almost looks a ghostly purple-gray, which is cool but really odd.

Ohh thank you!! <33

Unforunately, the colours do not belong to me, ahaha. I'm working off a reference; the character in question is Add's Mastermind job path from the game, Elsword!

Even so, thank you for your words! I'm going to fool around a bit with shading and the such and I might make some slight adjustments. biggrin.gif

The colour scheme made me think of this, the character Irisviel von Einzbern from anime Fate/Zero and this, the main character Lelouch Vi Britannia from CODE GEASS 叛逆的鲁路修 (Japanese:コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュ).<3 I don't know the English name for the second one.

Just out of curiosity, where are you from? Since I noticed that you use 'colour' rather than 'color'. Ignore this if you find it way tooo personal. x3

The colour scheme made me think of this, the character Irisviel von Einzbern from anime Fate/Zero and this, the main character Lelouch Vi Britannia from CODE GEASS 叛逆的鲁路修 (Japanese:コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュ).<3 I don't know the English name for the second one.

Just out of curiosity, where are you from? Since I noticed that you use 'colour' rather than 'color'. Ignore this if you find it way tooo personal. x3

Ohhhh my god!! I love Fate/Zero and Code Geass is one of my favourite animes ever! Lelouch gave me so many feels ahhh <33 And Irisviel is so pretty!

No, it's okay!! Thank you for the lovely question ^^ I'm Chinese, but I live in Canada! ^^ I tend to use British spellings rather than American because of this.

What. Hey, I live in Canada, too! : D

Back to the topic, though. Yeah, it does look a purple-grey color... ^^' Anyways, there are also parts that have lines of black pixels that just... Stop. Randomly. Is there a method to that? xd.png

Otherwise, it's looking good! c:

Wait. Whuuaat?

Then can you speak/read Chinese?! (I'm not intend to use Chinese on the forums since it's against the rule but...well, just ask.) I'm obviously a Chinese x3 See?

Aww okay let me turn back to topic... I'm not expert in drawing so I will wait until you finish colouring it. <3 Maybe add some light to the eyes, but I'm not sure, the eyes look...okay to me now.

Btw, both Code Geass and F/Z are years ago,I can't remember them clearly but some blur imagines/screens. They are not my favourites but still, I like them. biggrin.gif