Lady_Lunevis

✫ lu's art ✫

Omg I'm so sorry for the late responses--school has been eating up all my time! D: Good news is that I absolutely adore my art class and my teacher--she's so great and we see each other all the time as I'm also in most of the other classes and clubs she runs. It's great! biggrin.gif I've also managed to buy new supplies and sketchbooks and the like--while requests will be a little slow while I try to get everything done, I'll try to post some of my sketches from art class!

And now, to reply.

Yay, colours! The mild shading is quite nice (Especially at the hair!) and I love the little white bright spots you edit at the eyes. They erase part of the lines, which I'm sure took a bit of planning. Congratulations!

The mouth still looks a bit odd, and the body's lines make it seem kinda strangely shaped, though, still. Great colour scheme, though! And ugh, cameras do ruin everything.

If I may ask, what did you colour it with? It looks like either crayon or colour pencils, but the consistency is kind if confusing me. Guess I'm not experienced with different brands.

Love the piece, hope you do more colouring in the future! Some more extensive shading and texturing would be cool!

Yes, colours! biggrin.gif

Ohh thank you so much <333 I'm glad to hear that! ^^

Ohh thank you so much biggrin.gif Those aren't actually edited, though xd.png Still, good to know they look okay!

Oh god yeah D: I was trying a style and only after permanently going over it I realised that it wasn't going to work bye

Thank you for the feedback!! <33 it really does help; I'll keep such in mind! ^^

They do : ^ | I'm going to borrow mom's phone and use it for pictures from now on--the quality is much better!

Ah, it's Crayola coloured pencils! Not really the best choice, but the only thing I have right now ^^"" I'll see if I can get my hands on some better pencils soon!

Thank you so much!! <33 I'm actually learning about textures and shading in art class, so you'll definitely see some more pieces once I have more time! biggrin.gif

Ooo~ nice sketches o3o Not sure about 6, a fantasy-like bird? xd.png.png I also like the girl you did a bit up there ^^^ (different post) ^^^ the hair is nice~ and I like the colours~! <3

those toes are great x3x lmbo

Ohh thank you so much!! <33 though looking back at my old work is like wait oh god

A fantasy-like bird does sound good, yes! ^^

Ohhh thank you so much!! <333 You flatter me--it makes me so happy to hear such things!

Ohh thank you xd.png I'll keep practising, thank you so much for the reply! <3

Nice to see you're back, Lunevis!

Crayolas aren't that bad. They don't layer very well, and the colours don't come out quite as nicely as with the fancy ones, but I've been using them for the majority of my life and they've worked great- they're just a bit rough and basic in comparison to the professional pencils. Besides, I'm not spending 100 dollars just to colour- don't have that kind of money! I've tried out my parents' old prismacolours, and they're beautiful, though.

And ooh, you have art class? Cool! What did your teacher teach you about shading and texturing?

Good luck on future art!

Nice to see you're back, Lunevis!

Crayolas aren't that bad. They don't layer very well, and the colours don't come out quite as nicely as with the fancy ones, but I've been using them for the majority of my life and they've worked great- they're just a bit rough and basic in comparison to the professional pencils. Besides, I'm not spending 100 dollars just to colour- don't have that kind of money! I've tried out my parents' old prismacolours, and they're beautiful, though.

And ooh, you have art class? Cool! What did your teacher teach you about shading and texturing?

Good luck on future art!

Ohh, thank you so much!! <33 Glad to be back!

Ah, true! You're right though--they don't layer, and that's something I don't really like /: Even so, they are pretty good colouring pencils! I use them a lot too--you're right, art supplies are so expensive! I do have a set of Prismacolour I got from someone, but I'm saving those for when I'm ready to art super super well and so i can just go "omg what is this". xd.png

Yep! It was one of my electives for highschool. The teacher is lovely, she's so bright and cheerful!

She has a sort of learn-as-you-do teaching method, so other than explaining how values work and basic drawing tools, she's mainly set us on sketching a lot everyday and shading in what we think is correct, then fixing and blending with a kneaded eraser and blending tool. It's really cool to experience!

Thank you so much!! <33 Speaking of that . . .

user posted image

This was the sketch I finished today for class! I'm going to start on shading tomorrow. biggrin.gif

Woah dang SKULL

I like me some skulls.

Have fun shading it. They're... both very easy and very difficult at the same time haha

Woah. That skull. So good. So scary. Too scared to scroll up again and give proper comments.

But, I do remember that the lines were very clean and were pretty close to where they should be- great job!

And yeah, shading skulls is simultaneously terrifyingly hard and super easy. It's kind of weird. Really confusing at first, but once you get going, you don't stop until you've finished. Good luck!

Woah dang SKULL

I like me some skulls.

Have fun shading it. They're... both very easy and very difficult at the same time haha

YEEE

squeals omg thank <33 same tbh skulls are the best

Ohh thank you very much!!! <33 I did have fun, and I admit, it's pretty difficult but also extremely fun. biggrin.gif I'll definitely do more shading in the future--I'm just glad I had a reference picture for this piece!

Woah. That skull. So good. So scary. Too scared to scroll up again and give proper comments.

But, I do remember that the lines were very clean and were pretty close to where they should be- great job!

And yeah, shading skulls is simultaneously terrifyingly hard and super easy. It's kind of weird. Really confusing at first, but once you get going, you don't stop until you've finished. Good luck!

Ohhh cries thank you so much!!! <33 Don't worry about it, thank you for just coming and commenting! It makes me feel really happy c:

Ohh thank you so much!! I'm glad to hear that. c:

Oh geeze, true, true! That point has been proven by my attempt today. c:

I know what you mean! For all of art class I was just in a trance with my headphones and shading and shading until I finally got what I wanted xd.png Thank you so much!! <33

And here's the finished piece, yay! biggrin.gif The camera quality though bye ipad cameras are the absolute worst

Still, I'm pretty happy! c: The nose could use some work, but I don't think I could fix it up wtihout erasing the entire lower jaw to place it later--another day, another time. I'll keep drawing and redrawing! c:

user posted image

Remember when I used to comment here? Yeah me too.

Jeezus Christ, that shading is astronomical. It needs to be blended a bet better, but for sure its awesome. You get better every time I come to look like mal Gawd keep it up.

Really tho, good job!

also add me on BF you little nugget you said you would.

Ooh, nice! I like the textures, and the shading is pretty spot-on. Not perfect, but still really realistic! I'd suggest putting more darkness on the edge of the non-bright side. There isn't enough contrast.

And here's the finished piece, yay! biggrin.gif The camera quality though bye ipad cameras are the absolute worst

Still, I'm pretty happy! c: The nose could use some work, but I don't think I could fix it up wtihout erasing the entire lower jaw to place it later--another day, another time. I'll keep drawing and redrawing! c:

user posted image

omg DAT SKULL JUST ohmy.gif How do you do that!?!? As been said before, it does look as though the shading needs to be blended a bit more, but overall, it looks great!!!

Remember when I used to comment here? Yeah me too.

Jeezus Christ, that shading is astronomical. It needs to be blended a bet better, but for sure its awesome. You get better every time I come to look like mal Gawd keep it up.

Really tho, good job!

also add me on BF you little nugget you said you would.

Oh right back before Rome fell

Ohhh cries thank you so much!!! <333 That makes me so happy to hear. c: I will!! Thank you so much <33

Ohh thank strokes you

oh god right im so soRRY but i had to quit playing school game 2 strong

Ooh, nice! I like the textures, and the shading is pretty spot-on. Not perfect, but still really realistic! I'd suggest putting more darkness on the edge of the non-bright side. There isn't enough contrast.

Ohh thank you so much!! <33 I'm glad to hear that!

Ohh, thank you! biggrin.gif i'll try that. We're still learning about values and contrast, so every little bit helps!

omg DAT SKULL JUST  ohmy.gif How do you do that!?!? As been said before, it does look as though the shading needs to be blended a bit more, but overall, it looks great!!!

Ohh thank you so much!!! <333 It makes me so happy to hear that ahhh you're all feeding my ego too much //hugs all of you// <33

I'll try my best at shading and blending in the future! ^^ Once again, thank you all for the delightful and lovely replies! <3

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

user posted image

user posted image

The two drawings I did today biggrin.gif The first are some realism squares I did for art class and the second is just a sketch of a dog's mouth using a reference. ^^

Cool! The eye with glasses is really neat, almost like abstract art, and though the nose and mouth are quite good too, they're put to shame by the eye! Speaking of which, what's the dark spot on the second square?

The second one is adorable and has really cool perspective, but it looks off. The angle is odd, and without proper shading, it's hard to tell what's what. Also, it kind of looks like a cat, with different teeth- dogs have longer muzzles.

Also, your lines are so impressive now! Keep up the good work!

Not a bad job on that dog, especially with the teeth. Indeed, shading would help a lot in making clear what's what but I can make sense of it easily. Front-on perspectives are killed so I commend you for attempting one so soon. //me hangs her head in shame because I barely even attempt such perspectives

Koala, I believe the dark spot is meant to be a shadow cast by the nose? Also, dogs don't necessarily have longer muzzles that make a visible difference. Foreshortening plays tricks especially in unshaded images and for all I know that could be a bulldog, which has a shorter muzzle than usual anyway.

Bah I'm a butt I'm sorry I disappeared again rifp school

Cool! The eye with glasses is really neat, almost like abstract art, and though the nose and mouth are quite good too, they're put to shame by the eye! Speaking of which, what's the dark spot on the second square?

The second one is adorable and has really cool perspective, but it looks off. The angle is odd, and without proper shading, it's hard to tell what's what. Also, it kind of looks like a cat, with different teeth- dogs have longer muzzles.

Also, your lines are so impressive now! Keep up the good work!

Ohh thank you so much!! <33 Yeah, I really like how that one looks as well. c:

Ohh thank you so much! <3

Ah, that's supposed to be the shade of the nostril cast by the eye.

Ohh thank you very much! <33 Yeah--I've been really busy this week and I haven't had time to work on it much, but I expect to be able to shade it sometime soon so it'll be easier on the eyes c:

Ah, oops :c The reference I'm working off of doesn't prove much insight into the length of the muzzle, I'm sorry about that!

Ohh thank you so much <33 It makes me really happy to hear that!! I'm glad I'm improving, little by little. ^^

Not a bad job on that dog, especially with the teeth. Indeed, shading would help a lot in making clear what's what but I can make sense of it easily. Front-on perspectives are killed so I commend you for attempting one so soon. //me hangs her head in shame because I barely even attempt such perspectives

Koala, I believe the dark spot is meant to be a shadow cast by the nose? Also, dogs don't necessarily have longer muzzles that make a visible difference. Foreshortening plays tricks especially in unshaded images and for all I know that could be a bulldog, which has a shorter muzzle than usual anyway.

Ohh thank you so much!! <33 I'm going to try my best on the shading, yes. c: Hopefully it'll make the picture easier on the eyes--though, I'm still not too good at shading, but I'll try my best! c:

Ohhh thank you so much <33 I admit, this was really hard to draw--and it's giving me a headache already thinking of how to shade it. xd.png I'll try my best!

Yes, it is! Thank you so much, I'm glad someone was able to catch that LOL

Ah, really? that's actually really cool--noted, thank you! c: I suppose it does depend on the type of dog--though, in this case, I'm actually not sure what kind of dog I'm working off of. xd.png Admittedly, the structure does look like a bulldog or something related, but the fur in the original picture and ears makes it look a bit like a German Shepard--which slightly confuses me, as their muzzles are quite long. Maybe I just screwed up, oops D: Well, we'll see how it is when the shading is complete!!

Thank you both for the lovely replies. <33 I'll try to get something up soon!

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

No, you're not improving little by little. You're improving by leaps and bounds! Seriously, go back to the first page and look at your art there. Then look at your recent stuff. Be amazed.

By the way, how's the fox coming along?

No, you're not improving little by little. You're improving by leaps and bounds! Seriously, go back to the first page and look at your art there. Then look at your recent stuff. Be amazed.

By the way, how's the fox coming along?

Ohh thank you so much!! <33 I should do that, it's really enlightening and inspiring to see! ^^ I'm really happy to hear that my work shows improvement--I just want to keep moving onwards! biggrin.gif

Wait what what fox--

Ohh thank you so much!! <33 I should do that, it's really enlightening and inspiring to see! ^^ I'm really happy to hear that my work shows improvement--I just want to keep moving onwards! biggrin.gif

Wait what what fox--

I'm pretty sure I requested a fox a while ago. tongue.gif

I'm pretty sure I requested a fox a while ago. tongue.gif

Omg wait what--wasn't that a tiger? Though I would love to do both! <3

Well either way, I'm sorry to say but it may be a while before I can do such a thing D: Right now I'm still trying to get used to my pencils and other tools, and I'd like to take a break and try a couple practises on animal anatomy before finishing the request, but I'll try to get it done as soon as I can! ^^

Oh, and, a quick sketch to make up for this busy, busy weekend in which I was unable to do much.

It's October, so spoopy!!

user posted image

Charcoal is really fun to use! biggrin.gif Though my fingers--no, my hand--was black afterwards. xd.png

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

Oh, whoops, sorry! I definitely meant tiger. Yup. Definitely. And don't do both, unless you want to! I don't want to overload you or anything. D:

Cool, you got new tools? What are they?

I'm actually finding that a lot more cute than spooky. It's so adooorabbllllleeeee. Maybe you should try making it more wispy if you're going for something scary? It looks like a baby spirit right now, and while I don't want to hug and cuddle it, the skill was definitely creepier. The eyes with the tinges taking off and white eyelash is really cool though, and you handled the background really well. Great job!

Oh, whoops, sorry! I definitely meant tiger. Yup. Definitely. And don't do both, unless you want to! I don't want to overload you or anything. D:

Cool, you got new tools? What are they?

I'm actually finding that a lot more cute than spooky. It's so adooorabbllllleeeee. Maybe you should try making it more wispy if you're going for something scary? It looks like a baby spirit right now, and while I don't want to hug and cuddle it, the skill was definitely creepier. The eyes with the tinges taking off and white eyelash is really cool though, and you handled the background really well. Great job!

Ayyy its okay!! c: And don't worry, I would actually love to try a fox! They're very pretty. ^^ Maybe that'll be something I'll attempt in the future, who knows?

I got some charcoal pencils, a better blurring stick, and a white charcoal pencil. c: So I'm just testing them right now, along with trying to get better at using graphite!

Ohhh thank you so much!! <333 hehe, yeah, I was going for adorable. c; Spoopy!!!

Ohh thank you!! <33 I might add a few wisps, that would look very cool!! Sounds good <3

Ohh thank you screams I used the white charcoal pencil for the eyes and everything and I was like shemurr am I doing this right so it's good to hear it was okay! c:

Thank you so much for the feedback you're so nice <333

Sorry for having no updates recently, guys D: School is taking up all my time bye

Yeah, they are really pretty! And texturing them is a lot of fun, like most other furry mammals. owo

Aw, lucky! They sound so cool, the only times I've ever been able to use things other than standard HB school pencils and crayons was during my fancy art classes when I was younger and when I was in then class if a teacher that loved art back in elementary. They were so much fun, I'll miss them. Good luck with yours!

Spoopy is an excellent word. Kind of like a little toddler trying to say "spooky", so cute!

Yay, I noticed the right thing for once! The white charcoal pencil is really cool, you could do a lot of cool eyes with it!

Yeah, they are really pretty! And texturing them is a lot of fun, like most other furry mammals. owo

Aw, lucky! They sound so cool, the only times I've ever been able to use things other than standard HB school pencils and crayons was during my fancy art classes when I was younger and when I was in then class if a teacher that loved art back in elementary. They were so much fun, I'll miss them. Good luck with yours!

Spoopy is an excellent word. Kind of like a little toddler trying to say "spooky", so cute!

Yay, I noticed the right thing for once! The white charcoal pencil is really cool, you could do a lot of cool eyes with it!

They are! c:

Oh god texturing is hard for me D: I still have no idea how to draw fur correctly byE

I agree though, it is pretty fun! ^^

Ah, really? Well, go to an art store? I don't know where you live, but I get most of my supplies from HOFA and Michaels c: HOFA is a little more expensive so Michaels works just fine! c: Get some tools and try drawing!

Oh thank you so much <33

It really is! ^^ I love the word c:

Yes yes you did! c: //cheers// Ohh thank you so much <33 Yeah, I'm definitely going to try using it more! biggrin.gif

Oh, and, some quick art updates:

I finalized the skull!

user posted image

We also did portraits in class:

user posted image

The dog's rough sketch has been drawn, but as I mentioned I have no idea how to draw fur rifp

EDIT: wow those are big pictures i'm sorry

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

Usually, I just do strokes downwards or whatever direction the fur smooths in. Press hard, then soften so it goes from thick to thin. Don't use Crayola though, that doesn't work. ;_;

Just personally, I think a lot of your skull looks blurry now. I know it's finalized, but the different angles could b more defined, and a shaded-in background could work wonders in terms of contrast. Great job, though!

And great portrait! The hair almost made me faint, but I should've expected that. You always draw great hair, really smooth and detailed. I really like how she has a neat curtain down the side, it's a cool thing I've seen in a few real people. The edge is really oddly shiny though? I don't know what's up with that, probably the scanner or something. The little part of shading on top of the lip looks a bit big. A lot of people have that shape, but it's more subtle. Also, the lips seem to be a bit thick, and the shading at the neck doesn't seem to work so well. It stays dark for a bit too long, making the face oddly shaped, and it'd be better if you had another shade, instead of the slant, neck, and underside of the chin all being the same.

Great work, can't wait to see more!

Usually, I just do strokes downwards or whatever direction the fur smooths in. Press hard, then soften so it goes from thick to thin. Don't use Crayola though, that doesn't work. ;_;

Just personally, I think a lot of your skull looks blurry now. I know it's finalized, but the different angles could b more defined, and a shaded-in background could work wonders in terms of contrast. Great job, though!

And great portrait! The hair almost made me faint, but I should've expected that. You always draw great hair, really smooth and detailed. I really like how she has a neat curtain down the side, it's a cool thing I've seen in a few real people. The edge is really oddly shiny though? I don't know what's up with that, probably the scanner or something. The little part of shading on top of the lip looks a bit big. A lot of people have that shape, but it's more subtle. Also, the lips seem to be a bit thick, and the shading at the neck doesn't seem to work so well. It stays dark for a bit too long, making the face oddly shaped, and it'd be better if you had another shade, instead of the slant, neck, and underside of the chin all being the same.

Great work, can't wait to see more!

Ohh, really? That seems like a good idea--I'll try that out, thank you! c:

Ohh thank you!! I'll see if I can add more contrast to make it look better c: Though the blurriness could also be my camera, it's crappy as heck ;;

Ohh thank you so much!! <33

Ohh I'm crying that means so much thank you <333 I've always struggled with hair so it's really good to hear that c:

Oh, the shine is the camera reflecting off the shading |D I used a really dark pencil and the light caught on it D:

Ohh thank you very much! <33 I'll try to work on those things c:

Cries omg <33 Thank you so much for the advice and constant replies! c:

I have to say I realy envy your hands as well as your symmetry! I can never draw humans or faces with both eyes, my symmetry is horrendous....q.q.... You make me envious, you have so much skill!