Lady_Lunevis

✫ lu's art ✫

I forgot to post this yesterday, but I did a fair bit of drawing! then passed out at the keyboard around like 2 am i'm weak

user posted image

From all of it, I really liked this one smile.gif Posting the rest as links as they were quick, messy sketches and I don't want to flood you guys with horrible pictures laughs

1 2

Sorry I didn't post sooner, but I love both of your new drawings!

The first is awesome, and the lines possess a boatload of your drawing style. The hair and eyes are really nice, but the parts around her neck are slightly messy. Also, the body is slightly misshapen and the arms are different widths.

The second is also great, but the photo made is sooooo bluuuuurrryyyyy. But like the other one, the lines and hair are really nice, and the eyes are quite good too. They're darkly drawn, and it kind of creeps me out, but as just the shape, it's really good. The shoulders are really odd though, and I can tell if the mouth is open or closed.

Overall, fantastic! Your friend's suggestion is interesting, and it's be really neat if you actually could produce ten pieces like this a day! Good luck on future art!

*pops in*

So I see you're sketching in guidelines for facial structure but are you doing the same with bodies? Because I noticed a lot of your inconsistencies/weird proportions are accompanied by perfectly fine or not-as-wonky heads. This is a thing I used to do when I started out as an artist (I think I've destroyed all the evidence now but oh man weird slanty skinny arms and awkwardly placed hands everywhere ha ahah hah) and frames really helped me. Just a few polygons and lines really give you a good idea of where everything is supposed to go and there are tons of tutorials for it online!! Down the road it'll help you vary your characters' body types too (I am currently making an enthusiastic foray into drawing cute plus-size people and it's really gratifying). And it's not just a "realistic art style" thing either, most artists study anatomy and then choose an internally consistent way to distort it as part of their style.

Edit: wowee check out what I found!! (Warning for a bit of nudity) Tons of good refs here. And tip for practicing: go outside your comfort zone. Draw different kinds of people. Experiment with more exaggerated styles. People don't magically improve by doing the same thing forever yo

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

Ohh, truetrue!

Yay! c:

Omg rollercoasters are the absolute best, have fun!! c:

Oh geeze school D: Flash games are really cool, good luck!

Ah yeah :c I hope so too! :c Haven't really had time lately, but I'll try my best! c:

^^

Although, I think my (older) sister may be more excited then anyone. o_o

For most people, they are. xd.png Thanks!

School is possibly the hardest. Anyways, thanks! Good luck with your drawings; Though, you don't really need it, seeing as your drawings are already amazing!

That's the spirit! ^^

I just came back from a sleepover and activies all day, and it's really nice to see all of your messages! Thank you so much <33

Since I was busy, I don't have any new updates, unfortunately D: But I'll resume the endless drawing tomorrow!

And now, to reply!

Sorry I didn't post sooner, but I love both of your new drawings!

The first is awesome, and the lines possess a boatload of your drawing style. The hair and eyes are really nice, but the parts around her neck are slightly messy. Also, the body is slightly misshapen and the arms are different widths.

The second is also great, but the photo made is sooooo bluuuuurrryyyyy. But like the other one, the lines and hair are really nice, and the eyes are quite good too. They're darkly drawn, and it kind of creeps me out, but as just the shape, it's really good. The shoulders are really odd though, and I can tell if the mouth is open or closed.

Overall, fantastic! Your friend's suggestion is interesting, and it's be really neat if you actually could produce ten pieces like this a day! Good luck on future art!

Ohh it's okay, thank you so much for replying now!!!

Ohh thank you <333 I'm so flattered!!

Ohh thank you so much biggrin.gifI didn't know I had a style, that's really good to know--I'm really still searching for it completely!

Ohh thank you hhh

Ahh yeah D: Honestly, I need to practise more body anatomy . . . Thank you for your words, I'll definitely try harder on that!

Stabs self in the eye like I'm so sorry My scanner is being a complete butt and broke a month ago and mom refuses to replace it since it's a 3-in-one--unless the printer and the copy machine works, I'm stuck with a crappy iPad camera for a long time. //sigh// Still, I'll try my best to take good pictures from now on!

Ohh aa thank you so much!!! Mouths are hard, yeah D: I'll be sure to practise with a few more to try to clean up my lines to make it easier to see!

Ohh thank you so much!! <33 Yes, it really is c: She and I are the same age; fourteen; but she has eleven years of drawing experience and her art is legendary and I just

Thank you so much <33 I'm going to go draw right after I finish answering these! biggrin.gif

*pops in*

So I see you're sketching in guidelines for facial structure but are you doing the same with bodies? Because I noticed a lot of your inconsistencies/weird proportions are accompanied by perfectly fine or not-as-wonky heads. This is a thing I used to do when I started out as an artist (I think I've destroyed all the evidence now but oh man weird slanty skinny arms and awkwardly placed hands everywhere ha ahah hah) and frames really helped me. Just a few polygons and lines really give you a good idea of where everything is supposed to go and there are tons of tutorials for it online!! Down the road it'll help you vary your characters' body types too (I am currently making an enthusiastic foray into drawing cute plus-size people and it's really gratifying). And it's not just a "realistic art style" thing either, most artists study anatomy and then choose an internally consistent way to distort it as part of their style.

Edit: wowee check out what I found!! (Warning for a bit of nudity) Tons of good refs here. And tip for practicing: go outside your comfort zone. Draw different kinds of people. Experiment with more exaggerated styles. People don't magically improve by doing the same thing forever yo

//waves//

Ah, yes I am! I've been practising with frames for a while now--admittedly, I'm not as good with them as I'd like to be, but I am using them! They do help sometimes biggrin.gif Though I have this really bad habit of either erasing the frame or not following through with it and I just : ^ |

Ohh yes!! Anatomy studies are really helpful; and actual realism really helps towards that as well!! I love anatomy and even if I'm not too good at it, I find that they are really interesting to look at!!

Ohh thank you so much!! I'm currently using this site for reference, and this will help a lot! don't worry i see naked people more often than not i'm completely comfortable

Oh, thank you!!! I see your point, but honestly right now I'm trying to improve on what I do know. My standards for myself are very high and while you do have a good philosphy, I want to establish my comfort zones and my own art style first before going onto things I don't know. If that means drawing heads until I don't have to redo the head frame five times or not follow the lines, then I want to carefully carve away at the snow until I get a solid pit I can plant a tree in, and then expand from there.

Still, thank you very much!! I'll be sure to expand and try new things once I establish a good baseline for myself!

and oh good lord I wish they did drawing improvement takes years upon years this'll take a while

I love your sketches. Great job!

Ohh thank you so much!! <33 Compliments always get me going! and feed my ego

^^

Although, I think my (older) sister may be more excited then anyone. o_o

For most people, they are. xd.png.png Thanks!

School is possibly the hardest. Anyways, thanks! Good luck with your drawings; Though, you don't really need it, seeing as your drawings are already amazing!

That's the spirit! ^^

Oh geeze LOl. At least it won't be boring with her around?

Oh, ikr? I went on so many today |D My backs hurts rip

Oh god yeah, that's true :c School is pretty hard, good luck!!

Ohhh thank you so much <3333 You flatter me way too much, I'm so happy! biggrin.gif

user posted imageuser posted image

Sketches for today! Not the best since I rushed them upon coming home and I am completely exhausted, but nonetheless I'm happy to say I have them done! now to sleep like five hours and get working on the 13th

The first is just some random anatomy work, second is completely random sketches and practise. Don't ask me what 6 is; I personally have no idea and I was just bored rip

bursts out of grave

Wow you've really improved over the course of now versus the Sumner jeez.

You're anatomy is showing definite improvement. The only critique I have for that is to just constantly practise. Like, all the time practise. But you're doing a great job as I can see.

Also another thing I thought I saw: don't just draw a bunch if sketchs. Draw one, and try to complete it. It gives a sense of accomplishment, and you never know. You might not like it noe, but when its done you might :y

Tl;Dr: Omg gud job

:3

woW my bad i have been neglecting this thread i am so sorry

currently working on something digital--will upload pictures once it's complete! c: I've been busy this week and will be during the weekend, and school is starting next week just kill me now so i might have to cut down on all the drawing if I want to fit in everything else D:

also i took a day to just speedread through tokyo ghoul i love it so much

bursts out of grave

Wow you've really improved over the course of now versus the Sumner jeez.

You're anatomy is showing definite improvement. The only critique I have for that is to just constantly practise. Like, all the time practise. But you're doing a great job as I can see.

Also another thing I thought I saw: don't just draw a bunch if sketchs. Draw one, and try to complete it. It gives a sense of accomplishment, and you never know. You might not like it noe, but when its done you might :y

Tl;Dr: Omg gud job

:3

ayyy welcome

Ohhh cries thanks a ton!!!<333 That's always good to hear huehue

Ohh criES A LOT THANK YOU!!! Yeah, I figured practise would really help c: So I'll continue doing what I do!

Oh, really? Hmm . . . Honestly, you're right, that is a problem of mine. I tend to prefer messy sketches to actually finishing a piece because the finished version never really looks as I imagined, but I think that's something I need to get used to and then improve on. Thank you for the advice, I'll definitely try to carry on with what I do!

Though, finished versions take longer than simple sketches, so that'll take me some time :'^D

crIES LOUDLY . . . Thank you!! Lovely to hear from you again, too c:

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

Woah, nice, Lunevis! Your anatomy is really improving! Number One really looks like it's running, if you added some shading, it would be even better. Maybe you could start colouring your work, too!

Could I request something else?

Also, what kind of drawing tablet do you use?

Protip: Boobs are generally more teardrop-shaped than spherical. Also it might help if you just draw the torso first before adding breasts on top, since they're just masses of fat that don't contribute to anatomy. As is, #2's torso is awkwardly wide around the armit area. Here is a small collection of tutorials (nudity, obviously, but just in case). Thank.

Woah, nice, Lunevis! Your anatomy is really improving! Number One really looks like it's running, if you added some shading, it would be even better. Maybe you could start colouring your work, too!

Could I request something else?

Also, what kind of drawing tablet do you use?

Ohh, thank you so much!! <33

Perhaps! I have considered it, since I do want to get better at drawing and finalizing works. c: Maybe I'll colour the picture I drew today!

Of course! c: Go wild friend have fun

Oh geeze I actually had to google this--I'm not too clear on tablet types, so I apologise if I'm wrong! :c Even so, I believe my model is the Wacom Bamboo Create Tablet, CTH670M. It looks like this, only my tablet pen is completely black. c:

And I'm not looking forward to going out to buy more pen nibs because I'm like 60% sure I might mess up and get the wrong type or something oops

Protip: Boobs are generally more teardrop-shaped than spherical. Also it might help if you just draw the torso first before adding breasts on top, since they're just masses of fat that don't contribute to anatomy. As is, #2's torso is awkwardly wide around the armit area. Here is a small collection of tutorials (nudity, obviously, but just in case). Thank.

Ohh, thank you very much! I don't know much about boob anatomy so these are a great help, thank you!

Ohh these tutorials are very helpful, thank you so much!! <33 I'm going to use them to practise sometime. biggrin.gif

And finally, onto posting some art! I took Shelybear's suggestion and pulled up a mangacap from Owari No Seraph and attempted to draw Shinoa Hiragi. This is actually my third attempt because I kept erasing so much--I need to remember to use softer lines--and the hair was just nope goodbye

Still, it was really fun!! I might do more of this in the future--though I do want to study anatomy and everything, I also want to see how hair grows and flows and I really do adore Yamato Yamamoto's art style. Also because Owari no Seraph has gorgeous people

user posted image

I might attempt to ink and colour this, but at the same time I'm also slightly nervous I might ruin it 8'D

Wow that drawing is pretty.

You could try pressing down really hard on the basic lines of that drawing so that a sheet underneath it might pick up some of what's there. Then you redraw the lines and go over it in pen and color. That way, if it's ruined, you still have the pencil version.

You could try pressing down really hard on the basic lines of that drawing so that a sheet underneath it might pick up some of what's there. Then you redraw the lines and go over it in pen and color. That way, if it's ruined, you still have the pencil version.

Or you could just scan it and print another copy, if you have a printer. Lazier and less professional method, but it works all the same. xd.png

But it's really nice! Excellent hair, eyes and clothing, and the shapes and lines are well-done as well. The nose is a bit light though, and part of the mouth is erased for some reason? Also, the fold on her clothing looks kind of like a single, huge boob. blink.gif Maybe make it less rounded? This is accentuated by the lines, which make it seem like the center of her sticks out the most, like her body is a triangle.

Great job, this is one of your best pieces!

As for the request, do you do animals?

Ohh thank you so much!! <33

Oh, perhaps! biggrin.gif Thank you for the suggestion, I'll keep that in mind!! <33

Or you could just scan it and print another copy, if you have a printer. Lazier and less professional method, but it works all the same. xd.png.png

But it's really nice! Excellent hair, eyes and clothing, and the shapes and lines are well-done as well. The nose is a bit light though, and part of the mouth is erased for some reason? Also, the fold on her clothing looks kind of like a single, huge boob. blink.gif Maybe make it less rounded? This is accentuated by the lines, which make it seem like the center of her sticks out the most, like her body is a triangle.

Great job, this is one of your best pieces!

As for the request, do you do animals?

Oh, maybe! Truetrue, all good. c: I think I might clean up the lines on it and photocopy--that way, it'll be easier to do stuff, since my scanner broke a while ago and while it does work sometimes, it's extremely temperamental and I don't feel like fighting with it again :c

Ohh thank you very much!! <33 Aaa I'm honoured!

this is what happens when you're too lazy to draw shoulders frick Thank you for everything!! I'll keep that in mind and see what I can do towards fixing it up. c:

No problem! It's really good!

And oh geez scanners that don't like you are terrible. ;_; Once, I got so annoyed after a few hours that I whacked it with a few papers and it started working! xd.png

Well, since you didn't specify, I'll assume that you do do animal requests? Could you do a running tiger?

No problem! It's really good!

And oh geez scanners that don't like you are terrible. ;_; Once, I got so annoyed after a few hours that I whacked it with a few papers and it started working! xd.png

Well, since you didn't specify, I'll assume that you do do animal requests? Could you do a running tiger?

Ohh thank you <33

Ikr? They're the worst ;;

Oh geeze xd.png Maybe I should try that for mine, it's so stubborn! Technology, just work with me here D:

Ohh I'm so sorry!! I meant to reply but then somehow I completely forgot and I'm so sorry |D But yes, I'll try my best! c: I'm not too good at animals currently, but I'll see what I can do! c:

Just, uh, so you know, this is a pretty handy breakdown of animal anatomy. Here's another for big cats. Cats in general have very narrow chests, which is pretty much the opposite of people. Good luck with your art! b ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)b

Just, uh, so you know, this is a pretty handy breakdown of animal anatomy. Here's another for big cats. Cats in general have very narrow chests, which is pretty much the opposite of people. Good luck with your art! b ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)b

Ohh, thank you so much!! <33 This is very helpful and interesting--I'll be sure to read up and practise! c:

Also, just out of curiosity, is your profile picture from Ava's Demon? It looks familiar, but it's been a while since I've read that comic ^^"

It's my pleasure! I was completely clueless about basic animal anatomy till I was, like, 14, and it held me back a lot.

E: yes. It is. My forum-buddy Doctortear has Gil as her avatar. We're a little bit obsessed.

It's my pleasure! I was completely clueless about basic animal anatomy till I was, like, 14, and it held me back a lot.

E: yes. It is. My forum-buddy Doctortear has Gil as her avatar. We're a little bit obsessed.

Oh gosh, I can imagine! Anatomy is really important so I'm trying to study as much about it as I can ^^ The support I'm getting from everyone and advise really helps! <3

Omg Gil is such a cutie patoot I love him

I can imagine! It really is a nice series. c:

And I finally coloured the picture from earlier! Sure iPad camera just butcher everything I've done why not

I think it looks okay--not too proud of it but not embarrassed, either. It was still fun; I think I'll do more mangacap redraws in the future!

user posted image

Camera ruined it, but the eyes are green.

Yay, colours! The mild shading is quite nice (Especially at the hair!) and I love the little white bright spots you edit at the eyes. They erase part of the lines, which I'm sure took a bit of planning. Congratulations!

The mouth still looks a bit odd, and the body's lines make it seem kinda strangely shaped, though, still. Great colour scheme, though! And ugh, cameras do ruin everything.

If I may ask, what did you colour it with? It looks like either crayon or colour pencils, but the consistency is kind if confusing me. Guess I'm not experienced with different brands.

Love the piece, hope you do more colouring in the future! Some more extensive shading and texturing would be cool!

user posted imageuser posted image

Sketches for today! Not the best since I rushed them upon coming home and I am completely exhausted, but nonetheless I'm happy to say I have them done! now to sleep like five hours and get working on the 13th

The first is just some random anatomy work, second is completely random sketches and practise. Don't ask me what 6 is; I personally have no idea and I was just bored rip

Ooo~ nice sketches o3o Not sure about 6, a fantasy-like bird? xd.png I also like the girl you did a bit up there ^^^ (different post) ^^^ the hair is nice~ and I like the colours~! <3

those toes are great x3x lmbo

Edited by Kira-san