Mysfytt

Sleep - How do you do it?

How do you sleep?

On my stomach, with an arm under the pillow :3 Can't sleep on my back unless I'm really really tired.

What are your interesting habits?

I need perfect temperature. Not too hot, and not too cold.

Are you a living dead or a rock'n'roller?

Living dead. Sometimes I fall asleep with my phone in my hand, and when I wake up I'm still holding it the same way. The only times I move are when I fall asleep on my back. Then I always wake up on either my stomach or curled up on the side.

Do you take unscheduled walks?

No, thankfully.. Then I would have to start sleeping with clothes on.. xd.png And I hate that.

Are your dreams b&w or color?

Color.

Are you even in your dreams?

Usually yes. But I always see myself from a distance, like third-person or something, so I'm not always sure it's me.

Need a pillow on the head or some other odd item?

My phone. I need it beside me, otherwise I can't relax. Not sure why.

I usually sleep on my left side because that's best for not having stomach issues. Sleeping on my right side is actually more comfortable but that doesn't often work out for me because I'll get heartburn. To actually fall asleep, I'll listen to The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, then when its over if I haven't fallen asleep, I'll just recite song lyrics in my head to avoid thinking about anything I don't want to until I fall asleep. It also helps to have my dog and cat there and a pillow over my head unless it's too hot. I don't think I move too while I'm sleeping. Sometimes I'll wake up and turn over, but the only time I wake up in a strange position is when there's an animal on me and they pushed me onto my back. :lol: Definitely not a sleep walker, nor do I get anything like sleep paralysis and I rarely have scary nightmares anymore, although I do sometimes have stress dreams or annoying dreams about something I spent the whole day doing. (Like one time I spent a really long time doing math homework, and then I couldn't stop dreaming about math that night.) Sometimes I'm in my dreams, but sometimes my dreams are more like watching a movie, and most of the time, I am the main character of the dream, but the main character isn't "Aqub," it's someone else. A lot of the time I'm a male in my dreams.

How do you sleep?

Usually on my side, sometimes on my back (if really tired).

I make literally no noise. None. During more than one slumber party, other girls would wake me up to make sure I wasn't dead. In addition, I need no noise to be able to fall asleep quickly. I usually sleep with my hands over my ears.

Both, depending on how tired I am and how overactive my poor, sensitive nervous system is. So, jetlagged = zombie. Too much caffeine = Eddie Van Halen.

Only once or twice, when I was a kid. Just to the bathroom, nothing weird. (Even the one time I had to take Ambien, I just fell asleep and woke up, without trying to drive a car into a sandwich shop while muttering about the bird-men stealing my laundry, or anything regrettable.) I'm a very boring sleeper.

Vivid, living color.

I'm usually other people. I've always loved acting, so it makes sense.

Just both hands shoving pillow and blanket fabric into my ears, as mentioned above.

How do you sleep?

Depends on how exhausted I am.  I've had a month of straight sleep paralysis a year and a half ago, accompanied by some insane microsleeps.  I've gotten better since then, but sometimes I'll feel completely exhausted and I'll sleep the wrong way on the bed, just because I'm so exhausted.  Usually, I toss and turn and make up stories about my counterpart in some alternate reality until I fall asleep, which can be in a number of strange positions.

I will sometimes cocoon myself in my blankets because that's how I like it.  That, and the storytelling.  

I'm notquite sure because it really depends on the night.  Sometimes I sleep like a log, but I've also taken all my clothes off in my sleep before.  When I was younger, I was definitely a rock'n'roller though, because my mom always put a chair beside the bed so I wouldn't roll right off.

Nope

Vivid, psychedelic, wild colours.  I don't think I've had many black and white dreams, certainly none that I can recall.

Generally yes, in some form or another.  I've become quite lucid in my dreams, so I am generally aware of what I am, but not necessarily what I'm doing.  Sometimes I switch between myself and my counterpart.  I have been a dragon in a couple of my dreams/sleep paralysis incidents.  I've been a cat once.  I used to dream as myself all the time when I was younger, but being someone else can be a lot funner, especially when that someone can perform magic.

I used to need a quilt, but I grew out of it at some point.  I also used to require some music throughout the night.  I still like a nightlight, but it has to be very dim, or I can't sleep.

How do you sleep?

I usually sleep on my back when I am on my comfortable fluffy bed but I can sleep anytime, anywhere, any position. XD

Especially cars, I fall asleep when I am in the car no matter how long the journey is. That makes me concern of my future of driving as I am also a total idiot in directions. 

I would say I have quality sleep too, just that sometimes I can hear other people talking in the midnight.(not ghost stories XD) 

Well, I don't think I have it anymore but based on my family they say I used to sleep like a cooked prawn. Also, I can sleep in any condition except hot, I can sleep in fire crackers booming everywhere but I can't sleep when it is hot. There were once I woke up as soon as blackout happened as I suddenly can't feel the fan. 

That usually depends on my dream, my pillows or soft toys go everywhere when I have a busy dream. Everything stay in same position if I have a peaceful dream. 

No. But turned off all my alarms in sleep-yes 

Colourful~

I think yes, the dreams I can remember are all in 1st perspective being a human. I never experience being chased. (I guess) but most of my dreams now are so busy, sometimes I even solve problems in my dreams. There was once just recently I was facing a problem which I think it is about the schedule and I was so busy in that dream. My sister wake me up for dinner and I just sleep back wanting to solve that problem first (I alr forgot that I was dreaming) and surprisingly I got back to that dream and solve it. Like WOW, hope that happens in my real life duh. 

Nope, I don't usually sleep in pillow on the head but I like to have something above my chest or stomach. Odd items? Nah I just sleep in any conditions. 

I used to have little to no problems going to sleep but nowadays a lot has shifted differently. I’m a very VERY light sleeper and I wake up periodically throughout the night. I ALWAYS wake up at 4am on the dot, then 7am, and so on. It’s so annoying especially if you have a tough time trying to fall asleep. I move so much in my sleep but i’ve never sleep walked, I have frequent sleep paralysis and terrors. If you have tremors like me it’s even harder to fall asleep esp if they act up more frequently at sleep time. My dreams are always in color, and I’m in 85% of my dreams sometimes i’ll see from the perspective of other people or characters im dreaming about but dreaming is so complex for me I have linear dreams I don’t really have random ones, mine are like... a progressive story but that’s a whole other lecture to rant on about another time. 

How do you sleep?

I sleep exclusively on the living room couch for various reasons, I think it originally started because I have extreme heartburn issues and no amount of 'propping up with pillows' would work when laying on a mattress. Propping up on the armrest of the couch does help most of the time, laying on my side, although lately I often spend at least part of the night sleeping more-or-less sitting up because the heartburn acts up in the middle of the night. 

I dunno about 'habit', but something weird I've noticed lately is that I only have nightmares when laying on the right-hand armrest. Seriously. Sometimes in the middle of the night I *have* to change positions because my arms have a tendency to fall sleep after awhile, but any position that includes laying on the right-hand armrest gives like a 90% chance of some nightmare. And I never ever have nightmares laying on the opposite side. 

Dreams:

I have really realistic dreams, in fact it's actually been an issue for me because I have such vivid dreams that they don't *feel* like dreams and when I wake up sometimes it takes awhile to realize that the dream didn't actually happen in real life. Scarily, over the years I've realized that a few *memories* I have of specific events actually didn't happen at all and were most likely just vivid dreams. 

My nightmares almost always involve my mom's health issues, or something health-related about my grandpa or dad (both died years ago). 

I'm almost never able to sleep without my stuffed animal Ginger. Not just having her there, but I need to be holding her. My normal position is laying on my side, head on armrest, Ginger cuddled against my chest with one of her paws in each hand. I take her on the rare occasions we travel (well, used to travel), and when I was in the hospital in 2017 I had to have her there.

How do you sleep?

On my side, normally, if i take melatonin.

I have to take melatonin otherwize i take like 80 years to sleep. My parents said i slept talk last night - a full sentence - something about bricks and the ceiling?? And i made gestures to things?? While i was asleep??

Once i woke up with my head at the foot of the bed and all my random stuff i have on my bed (including plushies) all chucked on the floor

nope.

colour? Although sometimes, they are anime or minecraft or both in some weird style mash up

When i take melatonin i normally don't remeber my dreams.

I'd say more or less? Often in 3rd person like i'm a spectator of some sorts, but i'm still there.

I found these really floofy pillows at targer that are really thick and are made of memory foam, so i use those. If i don't have them, two pillows stacked ontop of eachother. I always either sleep tangle myself like a burrito if it's really cold (by really cold i mean like 12 C it doesn't really get cold here) or, more commonly, yeet all my stuff onto the ground.

Sorry if this makes no sense - i am, ironically, writing this while half asleep

How do you sleep?

On one side, usually the left.

I like a cold pillow.

Living dead. (I am told you have to look closely at me to make sure I am not dead dead.)

Not that I know of...

Both, depending.

I am usually a participant

Bottle of water. I occasionally wake up VERY dry and need water.

How do you sleep?

Chronic sleep problems since before adolescence. I sleep on my side, legs usually drawn up, arm around pillow

I clench my jaw in my sleep and have as far back as I can remember. I tuck my chin down too tight and that causes problems. In the past, I've had temporary Restless Leg Syndrome symptoms when feeling stressed. I used to sleep as a tween with my feet braced against the wall, because of it.

I don't think I move much in my sleep anymore. I wake up and roll over. 

Only to the bathroom or if the noises get suspicious, like certain kinds of animal noises.

Both. They said you can't read in your dreams, but I can. I've read pages of books in my dream, but sadly, the words fade from memory very fast when I awaken.Both. They said you can't read in your dreams, but I can. I see the text on the page. These are happy dreams where what I'm reading is wonderful, brilliant, wise. I've read pages of books in my dream, but sadly, the words fade from memory very fast when I awaken. I'm not allowed to bring it to waking,life.

Sometimes no, sometimes, yes. Often an observer. I often have dreams where other people are suddenly angry and accussing over something I did that was neutral or beneficial. I've gotten to where often I'm lucid enough to recognize it happening and tell the dream 'No. Stop. We're not doing this again.' 

I often dream of big rooms and big places with many rooms, often with usual architecture. Houses almost like castles where you can just keep going and exploring. 

Sometimes I've waken up with the sense that I need to go check on/tend to a family member in another room ...but I live alone and there's a bit of sadness when I realize neither the people or their bedrooms are real.

Generally need a comforter across my shoulders, upper back even when it is hot. Sometimes over my head. Smetimes I do sleep with a pillow on my head with a heating pad in it if my TMJ is painful, but in general, I prefer my head uncovered.

I'd like to try a weighted blanket, but they're expensive.

White noise from a fan or AC is good.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

Anybody who talks to me long enough knows I suffer from chronic sleep problems. I won't go into too much detail because it would be really easy for someone I know to identify me. Let's just say that being a very light sleeper most of the time, having trouble making your brain "turn off" no matter how tired you are, and dealing with pain of one kind of another whenever you try to sleep or nap really isn't fun.

This is one reason why I'm on DC at odd, random hours, and why I sometimes take a while to respond to my messages. It's not a good idea to try writing something when your brain is mush.

How do you sleep?

In every way possible, I think. I tend to not sleep on my back much though ... I'm scared of being strangled. And to not fall asleep on my left side, since I have too many nightmares if I do.

I sleep talk a lot. And I truthfully have problems with my jaws because I'm usually biting things in my sleep (or while I'm awake and am too concentrated). I used to walk in my sleep as well, though I probably don't do it anymore.

I hate and cannot stay in one position all night long. If I do my body hurst so bad afterwards, haha.

Not that I know of ... I tend to wake up at certain points throughout the night. Like 02:21 and 04:51 is my most common ones.

Both, it really depends on what I am dreaming. My worst nightmares are always in black and white.

Most of the times yes, but most of the times I am someone else. So I may have a first person perspective, though it may not be my own self. But many times I can go from being in first person to third person and see everything from an outside view, like looking at myself as if I'm a camera filming a movie or something. And I must say, I do believe that I most of the time see things from a third person perspective. 

Nah not really, but when I'm at my parents place I cannot sleep unless I have a night lamp ... I have too many things that comes with the dark for me to dare sleep in the dark.

The funny thing is that I don't need a night lamp while I sleep at my farm in the countryside where it's pitch black during the nights. It's such a peaceful place and I know that the only ghost I have there is the one I allow being there since he helps me with looking after my farm while I'm not there. I had one dark spirit there once, but it left when I moved in.

And hmm .. I do have a Velociraptor named Mynta that usually jumps on my face during the nights. :rolleyes: