HomeForFlowers

Pokemon OOC

20mia08, have you been accepted by MasterWeavile898 or shadow_claw? I can accept you if you haven't been, but if you just went ahead and posted without getting accepted, then please do not do so next time. Could you change Raikou's text color? It is very hard to see.

Yeah, sorry about that Pi. I wasn't sure if I should wait for Suicune or not. I have a bunch of other places to post so I'll get a Darkrai post when I can.

Uh, I'd ask Shadow about Primal Diagla. We already have a good bit of plot going around and Primal Diagla right now would be bad. She's in control of what goes and I think she may have the best answer.

QUICK ANNOUNCEMENT: This is probably already obvious, but you may not spam attacks. After what happened with Xerneas, Shadow wants it make it clear that you cannot do that. You will receive a warning if you spam thirty of the same attack. That is all.

EDIT: Also, I found those shiny sprites.

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Doctortear

I messaged Shadow_Claw before, and thanks for the sprites. (And do you mean you want me to change Raikou's text color?)

Oh, okay. Then I apologize then. My bad. happy.gif

Ah! Goodness, I deleted change, didn't I? Yes, please do so. I can only read it through highlighting it. In case you don't know, there's this lovely little page full of text colors. You may already know about it, but I just thought I should throw it out there for not only you but those that don't know about it.

Edited by Doctortear

No problem! If you don't mind, could you tell me the moves and abilities of each of your characters? We have a spreadsheet with all the characters with their moves and abilities on the first page of the OOC. It'd be a pleasure to add your characters as well.

Swampert:

Muddy Water

Earthquake

Protect

Hammer Arm

Houndoom:

Foul Play

Inferno

Flamethrower

Thunder Fang

Raikou:

Thunder

Extrasensory

Crunch

Spark

(If his aren't already on there)

Could you give me the abilities too if you can?

Edited by Doctortear

Raikou:

Volt Absorb

Swampert:

Damp

(Swift Swim when Mega, but that probably won't happen until Sapphire and Ruby come out)

Houndoom:

Early Bird

(Solar Power when Mega)

Edited by 20mia08

I started a new job today. I'll get a post in sometime soon. Likely around Sunday since I also have my friend's wedding to partake in.

I plan to use it after the Celebi egg plot. Or where there aren't so any things going on.

Hey guys! I'm back! I sorta regained interest in RPing. I want to join again. It's been quite a while, so could I have a recap of everything that's happened so far?

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=8232844

This was the point where I last stopped at, I'd appreciate it if someone could give me a recap. Also, could I have Virizion?

Edited by Melomancer

Oh, and I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow, and returning Monday morning.

Ohoh, and wait, what about Castform? Isn't he/she sometimes considered legendary? (I know he/she can breed, but I haven't found anything that doesn't say he/she's legendary or not)

Edited by 20mia08

Oh wow, a lot to write.

@Soulking

Again, I'd take that up with Shadow. In PMD2, Diagla went Primal because the time gears were messed up. I have no idea if there are even any time gears in this story. You're probably going to have to PM Shadow about that since I have no idea if that's okay or not.

@Melomancer

Welcome back! It's been a while, but I'm glad to see you're back. As for that recap, I'll try to only list the major events that happened along with the few small conversations I can remember. If anyone would like to throw anything else in, be my guest. I don't have great memory after all. >.<

After Suicune and his brothers left Ilex forest, Ho-Oh came down and began to burn it down. Kyurem, Mewtwo, Lucario, and a Mega Absol named Gabrielle attempted to stop the attack. Diagla later joined them in their fight. Meanwhile, Celebi and Shaymin went back in time to try and help the forest dwellers escape. While they did so, Celebi picked up an egg, a Diancie egg to be exact, from the future that she had hidden deep in the forest. Shaymin bumped into her past self and had to be separated using Mew's power to transform. After being frightened, Shaymin began to have heart failure and Mew revived her as Celebi watched on. Currently, Diagla has left to see Giratina, Ho-Oh has left and landed somewhere in the Orange Islands, and Mewtwo and Lucario are preparing to see Jirachi.

Suicune made his way to Sinnoh to poison the lakes there. Groudon arrived as well and watched as Heatran and Keldeo fought again. Suicune stopped the fight, asked for the lake's locations, poisoned Keldeo, and then moved on. He was stopped by Cresselia to only be intercepted by Giratina, Groudon, and Yveltal. He soon fled from the four only to bump into Darkrai. After some manipulation, he and his new partner poisoned Azelf's lake and took both Uxie and Mesprit, poisoning Mesprit in the process. They began to travel to Uxie's lake, leaving Azelf in agony and a Mega Scizor in confusion. Once they poisoned the lake, Cresselia appeared and they began to fight. She managed to poison both herself and Darkrai by attacking the lake. Whether or not Suicune got poisoned is unknown.

After seeing that Ilex was on fire, Zapdos went to awake Lugia and inform him of the matter. Once awake, Lugia headed towards Ilex and began to get rid of the forest fire. Meanwhile, Articuno arrived at the Orange Islands and began to converse with her sibling. They decided that they needed to look for one of the legendary beasts to see if they supported Ho-Oh's decision in burning down the forest. They both began to head towards Kanto where both Latios and Latias are looking for a Soul Dew. More specifically, the eon duo are in Victory Road.

Victini and Jirachi decide to head to a forest in Kanto and, when they arrive, meet up with a Banette. They decide to go get candy and head for a city.

Meloetta and Registeel had left Twist Mountain and have begun to pluck flowers. Meloetta asked Registeel to pick up some twigs to which a small argument erupted from, mainly consisting of Registeel not understanding the command.

Mistaking Reshiram for Yveltal, Xerneas calls to the white beast to play with him. Flying down with curt response, Reshiram soon finds herself being attacked by Xerneas. The two begin to fight, Xerneas loses, and falls over from exhaustion.

Two Charizards find an egg washed ashore which hatches into a Manaphy. The one named X becomes the mother of the child and tries to take care of it while his buddy, Y, laughs at him. After the baby falls asleep, X suggests that they should ask the legendaries about what Manaphy is.

Palkia and Deoxys were talking.

Unimportant stuff with Kyogre getting attacked by a Mega Gardevoir, who's name is Michelle. She spoke to a Mega Ampharos about not attacking others while he's sneezing.

Regice is wandering around and so is Moltres and Genesect.

Yveltal met up with Zekrom and told him about Suicune's doings.

Raikou encountered a Swampert and a Mega Houndoom and began fighting them.

A Mega Pinsir by the name of Alvara got into an argument with a Sceptile named Kira and was intercepted by a Zoroark named Illusion.

A Mega Blaziken, named Elliot, is traveling with Groudon back to Hoenn.

Phew, I think that's it. If I missed someone, please tell me.

EDIT: Castform is not a legendary by any means.

Oh and if you're going to take Virizion, Melomancer, could you list what moves and ability you want it to have? We have a spreadsheet with all the moves and abilities on the front page now.

Edited by Doctortear

Muddy Water is a water-type move, by the way, not a ground-type.

---------------------------------------------------------

Another minor thing is that Latios and Latias are poking around Victory Road, looking for the Soul Dew that they lost.

Muddy Water is a water-type move, by the way, not a ground-type.

---------------------------------------------------------

Another minor thing is that Latios and Latias are poking around Victory Road, looking for the Soul Dew that they lost.

I'll change my post, I believe I was thinking of Swampert being Ground/Water, and mistakened Muddy Water for being Ground/Water also.

Well, since virizion only has one ability, justified, that'll be her ability, and as for her attacks:

Leaf blade, Sacred sword, magical leaf and close combat.

May I suggest Giga Drain instead of Magical Leaf? Giga Drain recovers health, and has a higher base power. Energy Ball has an even higher base power, but it doesn't recover health.

I would also replace Close Combat with a coverage move or a stat-boosting move, unless Virizon's personality is more offensive than defensive. An offensive Virizon would like the extra power, but Stone Edge would give you really good coverage, though it isn't very accurate. Alternately, Swords Dance could power up Sacred Sword and Leaf Blade.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be rude or anything. I think I spend too much time reading Smogon pages.

Thanks for the advice, Backup. I don't really play Pokemon competitively, so I don't know how to pick good moves. xd.png I just picked 3 random moves that seemed cool, and Sacred sword, since it was her signature move. Well, I would like to switch the moves to:

Sacred sword, Giga drain, Stone Edge, and Swords dance.

I'm thinking he wants defensive if so maybe this. Berry would be Sitrus Berry. Nature would be Timid. Feel free to edit

~ Reflect

~ Light Screen

~ Giga Drain

~ Helping Hand / Protect

EVs could be

252 HP / 28 Def / 228 Spe

This set takes advantage of Virizion's vast support movepool. Reflect and Light Screen help lessen the damage that Virizion and its teammate might take. Virizion's Speed enables it to get these screens up before many strong slower attackers get a chance to move. Giga Drain stops Virizion from becoming Taunt bait, and also enables it to recover HP as it attacks, while Helping Hand can aid its partner in getting OHKOs it might not have been able to score without the boost, which makes Virizion a powerful ally. However, if Helping Hand isn't needed, Protect is a valuable tool to help keep Virizion safe from harm.

For offensive set maybe use this with some edits.

Nature should be Jolly.

Offensive Moveset

~ Leaf Blade

~ Sacred Sword / Close Combat

~ Stone Edge / X-Scissor

~ Protect

EVs

4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Leaf Blade is Virizion's only physical Grass-type attack, and allows it to take down many common members of rain teams, such as Politoed, Jellicent, and Gastrodon, as well as other Water-types, such as Slowbro, Suicune, and Starmie. Leaf Blade also hits many Pokemon commonly found on sand teams, such as Hippowdon, Krookodile, Tyranitar, and Rhyperior, very hard. Sacred Sword and Close Combat provide Virizion with a strong Fighting-type STAB. Close Combat hits much harder and can gain KOs that Sacred Sword would miss out on, but the Defense and Special Defense drops leave Virizion extremely vulnerable to most attacks. Thanks to its Fighting-type coverage, Virizion is able to hit Excadrill and Heatran for super effective damage, and also dent other common Pokemon, such as Metagross. Although its accuracy is shaky at best, Stone Edge provides coverage against Flying-type Pokemon, such as Togekiss, Tornadus, Thundurus, and Zapdos. If Stone Edge doesn't cut it for you, X-Scissor is another option that allows Virizion to hit Grass- and Psychic-types, such as Ludicolo, Latios, Latias, and Cresselia, for super effective damage. Protect is a vital move in pokemon that enables Virizion to avoid a turn of damage while its partner takes out an imminent threat.

Except, once again, move choices have more to do with characterization than competitive viability. Cresselia still has Slash, people, and like no STAB moves at all since she mostly has to fight Darkrai.

Also held items probably aren't going to be a thing unless it's a single item with some special significance to the Pokemon, like the Soul Dew? I mean, this is logistics-based rather than turn-based (as we could clearly see from the thirty Moonblasts Xerneas spammed) so it's not like you can just instantly ingest a berry and get healed by it. "Taunt bait" and other competitive stuff i'nt even things in this universe.

^ Yeah, basically what he said, So I'm just sticking with my second moveset.

Anyway, so is Anyone open for interaction now? Where can I drop Virizion in?

Edited by Melomancer

I'm open to interaction, I just have Houndoom and Swampert fighting Raikou, you can go ahead to fight him too, or defend him, whichever. But I won't be able to respond (maybe, if I can get internet at where I'm staying, I may be able to respond), since I'm going on vacation.

He's just entered Sinnoh and is on the way to meet his brother and help him out. He's just outside of Jublife City.

Indeed, characterization is a thing. Thus, EV spreads and natures aren't really something you get to list (I randomly approximate EVs for my calculations, based on their personality and moveset) I also have my Gengar about, as soon as I recall which gender it was gonna be...