TehUltimateMage

Get Up, Go to School, Save the World (OOC TOPIC)

I'm not sure how to get Trisha to interact with people.

Maybe she can head over to the junior wing? Since apparently there are fewer people there. I'm pretty sure she just dislikes cafeterias in general though

That, or she could intercept Felix in the halls. I'll put up a post once I deal with the one I have to write for you for pokemon. D:

Hey, actually really confused on how to write the transformation scenes.... Anyone got any tips for this?

For transformation scenes, you could always use

as inspiration.

(For Alva, I'd picture something like

, because she is animal-themed.)

In essence, there will be a lot of flashy lights and sparkles described. Maybe some twirls as ribbons of light envelop your character, creating their magical costume. You'll see once the time comes, and more often than not their transformation is related to their powers.

By the way, I'm looking at the sheets right now. I've thought about it for a while, and maybe I'll make a cap of one or two magical girls for now. We don't want a disproportionate amount of people with powers right away.

I was thinking of joining this for a while but I didn't have any idea of what powers I would like or what character I would want but now I have ideas! I am working on a character now.

I think a cap is a good idea, maybe allow 3 or 4 as a maximum. Then over a little while, add a few and let others become curious towards it maybe?

Also, what about antagonists? Can someone start out as good and eventually become a antagonist?

I was expecting some magical girls to be total jerks towards other magical warriors. So yes. There can be antagonists, and someone can become one for various personal reasons.

I sort of set up Jack as an minor antagonist due to the nature of his transformation.

Oh and btw GGG I passed along the yarn-bombing idea to a friend. I don't know if she'll use it, but it's hella cool. :3

@Ground: Ayla is Accepted! It seems to be fine. Maybe she will have some interesting combinations with Felix: the musician and the dancer. I wonder what culture that dress is from (I'm pretty sure you listed it, but I can't find it!).

@Polari: Cassandra is Pending, if not outright Rejected. There is unfortunately not enough information in the signup overall -- it doesn't seem to meet the requirements in the appearance, personality and history sections. The first issue I encountered are her eyes that shift colors in the sunlight, and are otherwise near-white. That has no place in her normal form. To put more in both appearance sections, take your character and own her, make her your own. Describe her build, and personalize Hawkeye's vest thing.

It is unlikely that she self-taught martial arts properly too (in fact, I should know. It's pretty gruelling work.) Being an orphan -- the backstory that makes me writhe in my sleep -- would have made her more cynical than simply "not smiling much". And, as Pudding mentioned, I will not accept very broad powers (because they are overpowered), nor wolves (who, on top of being illegal as heck, would be real hard to keep in the city mind you.)

Oh and btw GGG I passed along the yarn-bombing idea to a friend. I don't know if she'll use it, but it's hella cool. :3

@Ground: Ayla is Accepted! It seems to be fine. Maybe she will have some interesting combinations with Felix: the musician and the dancer. I wonder what culture that dress is from (I'm pretty sure you listed it, but I can't find it!).

@Polari: Cassandra is Pending, if not outright Rejected. There is unfortunately not enough information in the signup overall -- it doesn't seem to meet the requirements in the appearance, personality and history sections. The first issue I encountered are her eyes that shift colors in the sunlight, and are otherwise near-white. That has no place in her normal form. To put more in both appearance sections, take your character and own her, make her your own. Describe her build, and personalize Hawkeye's vest thing.

It is unlikely that she self-taught martial arts properly too (in fact, I should know. It's pretty gruelling work.) Being an orphan -- the backstory that makes me writhe in my sleep -- would have made her more cynical than simply "not smiling much". And, as Pudding mentioned, I will not accept very broad powers (because they are overpowered), nor wolves (who, on top of being illegal as heck, would be real hard to keep in the city mind you.)

The dress + culture are Turkish, the same place my half-sister is from xd.png It's a common bellydancing outfit really and if you look up belly dancing along with rhythm or rhythmic, you'll find the dance patterns i was thinking about using.

Also, if Felix is up to it wink.gif combination powers could work really well.

I sort of set up Jack as an minor antagonist due to the nature of his transformation.

We can antagonise one another. biggrin.gif

... I am so sorry.

Is it bad that I really enjoy corny jokes and liked both that and the knitting joke?

TehUltimateMage, when are you going to reply again? I don't want you to get lost in your own RP.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but if you are roleplaying two characters, do I post 2 separate posts or put both characters into different colours?

You use one post but you can separate them in many ways. Some people assign colors but others just add space.

Like this^

You can put them in the same post. I would prefer no colors (because I find they are sometimes annoying), so what I usually do is Bold the character name and put that as a title, or even separate with a series of squiggles. (of course, you don't need to do it if both characters are at the same place at the same time.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One thing I've done before too is have it in the following format:

Character Name (Full or just first) -- Character Location, Optional Time

So, it would end up something like:

Felix S. -- Senior Cafeteria, Noon

"blah bla blah blah well your face is dumb so shut up."

Tammy W. -- Junior halls, around 1:30

"ewwwwww boys are grosssssss how do you even deal"

Because there seems to be more and more people, I would recommend that everyone use that system to make sure you know who else is in the same place as you.

EDIT: Missed your reply, Pudding. D: Don't worry, I've read the posts but I haven't posted anything. I feel like an overseer in when in school mode. :P

Regardless, I'll have something up for both my characters tomorrow morning, although the RP will probably slow down in the next few weeks due to my exams (drat!)

Edited by TehUltimateMage

Ah, okay! Thanks very much!

Also, as for a cap on the characters at the start:

What if you made it that they form groups within groups. Say there is a main force dedicated to the destruction of the complications. Then you could assort the groups as to people who investigate and who are first response teams and main supports. People geared more towards healing or long ranged could then group together to actually make a logical group dynamic.

If this doesn't work, don't worry about it. It's not a big thing, just an interesting thought I had when thinking about the initial cap on MG/B

^This is assuming that these kids would stop arguing for about ten seconds to form a viable strategy. xd.png

Guessing that would be a no then xd.png

Well, I mean, Jack wouldn't do that. When he's transformed, he's basically going to charge and burn. If that doesn't work, he's out of luck because strategy is nonexistent for him.

And Lydia would be more like, "No I'm not going to do this" or "What the hell is going on." and mess up everything with mistakes. but it was a good idea anyway.

And I was thinking of making Josephine a magical girl later as antagonist. but she hasn't found her trinket yet so for now she is a NPC.

Edited by loviebeest

And Lydia would be more like, "No I'm not going to do this" or "What the hell is going on." and mess up everything with mistakes. but it was a good idea anyway.

And I was thinking of making Josephine a magical girl later as antagonist. but she hasn't found her trinket yet so for now she is a NPC.

Yeah, Alva would probably be like, "Nope, nuh uh, Not happening."

But anyway, I might use it as an idea if I ever decide to create a roleplay xd.png

Yeah, Alva would probably be like, "Nope, nuh uh, Not happening."

But anyway, I might use it as an idea if I ever decide to create a roleplay xd.png

This is even implying Kevin would want to join you guys, considering he'll probably do his own thing and rob an ATM or something.

This is even implying Kevin would want to join you guys, considering he'll probably do his own thing and rob an ATM or something.

Yes, there was that too...

Anyway! Idea revoked xd.png

Let all our characters be their teenaged selves, with many rash decisions (or only a few) and blind rushing in xd.png

EDIT: by the way, am I the only one religiously stalking the IC section of this RP?

Edited by groundporkchops

I'm also stalking it but I take a really long time to type and I fell asleep last night. I fall asleep so easily~