TehUltimateMage

Get Up, Go to School, Save the World (OOC TOPIC)

Read the first post man. All the juniors try to sneak into the senior caf during lunch, and no one can really stop them.

I'm not really good in arguments -.-' That's why my post is probably so short.

Haha, I'm stuck. Can't do anything!

Sorry for holding things up, been busy with school. Essays and presentations and labs and quizzes and saidjnkflmaijoafenr. I just replied now.

Also someone should totally make a magical warrior that wields the power of cheese.

Edited by greenglassesgal

I wrote a post and now it's gone and I don't know where it went. This is what I get for not saving things. *facepalms* I'm cranking out a new one as soon as possible.

asdfgjl; why did i make this right at the start of exam period

Hopefully, I will stop holding up everything once exams are over and the pace of the RP will increase as summer break rolls along.

Last edit, I decided that the clock doesn't fit.

Username: Kitty137

Name: Martina (Tina) Simmons

Trinket: A coin-like iron pendant she wears like a necklace. On one side there's a crescent moon, and on other is a star.

Appearance: Her skin is very pale since she dislikes going out on sunshine. Her eyes are deep and black, just like her hair. Her hair is usually tied in a loose ponytail or a braid.

----- Regular: She mostly wears black clothes (black shirt and long black skirt, though she prefers trousers when she's being casual) with a few shiny details (mostly fake gem necklaces and rings). She doesn't really wear makeup since none fits her.

----- Transformed: When she's transformed, her appearance doesn't change much. Her hair gets braided if it wasn't like that before, and instead of her usual clothes, she gets a nice purple dress that reaches below her knees... Meh, looks like this, ignoring the background. She still has the coin necklace, but the crescent and the star are on her palms now (like tattos) crescent on the left and star on the right, and they completely disappear off the coin. Pointing the crescent at someone causes illusions, star stops them.

Personality: She is very self-confident and manipulative. She is smart enough to know exactly what to say to make someone do what she wants. She doesn't care too much about other people or their feelings, though she isn't cruel to them either. She is not a type of a person that would hurt someone without no reason, but she is ready to do whatever it takes to get what she wants. She is also not a type that would go and save someone, and mostly claims that she's 'an innocent bystander that has no reason or wish to get involved in the conflict'. Or she simply runs away. Her weak spot is her 12-years-old brother Patrick, for whom she's ready to do anything except spoiling him.

She is well aware of the fact that she is not a good person, but she doesn't really mind it. She likes herself the way she is, and has no intent in changing.

Magical Abilities:

Fear/Nightmare seeing/protection - When she's transformed, she is able to find out people's fears and worst nightmares just by looking at them. This comes in handy when she wants to make a good illusion. She can protect people from their nightmares too, but it doesn't work for fear.

Illusions - Her ability to create illusions has its borders. She can make people think that fake things are completely real, and make them think that their worst nightmares are coming true, and sometimes even hurt them with the illusions. (The only way she wouldn't use it is driving a person all-crazy, because it would endanger both random people AND herself.) However, if the person's brain is not convinced that the illusion is reality, the illusion will be harmless disappear a few moments later. She can make group hallucinations, but her maximum is 5 people at the time. If she does more than that, she will almost certainly loose concentration, and the illusion will disappear.

Invisibility - Thanks to her powers of illusion, she is able to convince people that she isn't there, and walk around unnoticed. She is able to do that in her regular form by simply being very quiet and staying in one corner of the room. People simply forget she's there.

Tarot cards - If she gets very angry, or if her illusions fail, she throws tarot cards at whatever attacks/annoys her. The cards she throws at people are as dangerous as knives. However she CAN'T 'read future' or blah blah, and finds the actual use of the cards annoying and stupid. Not that she tells it to anyone.

Background: She was born and raised in another city, and moved here just a week ago.

In her old city, when she was ~ten years old, she was being bullied at school by some of her classmates. When she said that to her parents, they decided to give her another chance to get rid of them by herself before they intervene. Since then she learned to get herself out of trouble by using nice words and manipulating people to leave her alone. By twelve, she decided that she really liked manipulating people, and was able to make every adult do exactly what she says, and mostly used that in school to make the teacher ask that question someone else, or move the test to next week. When she was around 14, she decided that she will act like a witch and tell people their fortune from cards or 'communicate with your dead parrot, yes I can totally do that', which turned her into some kind of a school celebrity. Since then she was wearing only black.

Even though she was a fraud, it never really bothered her, and pretending to be real was soon her usual thing. Soon she didn't even have to go around telling everyone that she's a witch, everyone believed her because she was so good at it.

The only person who figured her out was her brother, and she loved his idea, and later a serious try to blackmail her for candies. Since then she takes proper care of him (she mostly ignored his existence before) and teaches him all she knows, but never allows him to manipulate her. Thanks to this thing they share, they are less acting like a brother and sister, and more like good friends, or maybe a teacher and a student. There's no sibling rivalry, and they both either ignore each other when they're doing something, or talk about ways to manipulate people and a serious idea to break in a museum one day, just for fun.

She found the coin when she was going trough some old stuff in their old house's attic. She decided she liked it and kept it.

Since she got the pendant, she can't sleep enough because she dreams her brother's nightmares instead of him, which is her sub-conscious way of protecting him (instead of making all nightmares completely disappear, she dreams them instead of him). She is completely unaware that those dreams aren't hers, and she has no idea that there is a real magic that exists.

Misc.: Even though she would never admit it, she honestly dislikes wearing black clothes and does it just to keep her 'mysterious witch' image. Her favourite colour is purple. Her biggest dream is to break in a museum/bank/jewelry store one day, and get away unnoticed. Her favourite weather is rain.

The whole idea to become a witch was a simple question that one day appeared in her mind: 'If I pretended to be a witch or a psychic, how many people would blindly believe it?'

Her brother is both meaner and nicer than her. He is ready to do anything, and by that it means ANYTHING to get whatever he wants, and he often tries to make his sister do some things for him (example, to go buy him a chocolate in the shop, or wash the dishes instead of him), which she never does. However, he is also ready to protect those that are, for example being bullied, instead of simply walking away like his sister.

Edited by Kitty137

How about a Vampire/Vampire Bat based Magical Girl?

Username: pudding

Name: Anne Saxon

Trinket: A bat plush

Appearance:

----- Regular:

Anne has long, dark, curly hair. In an attempt to tame her unruly locks (Which refuse to be straightened and quickly return to their original form), she employs the use of a long braid. Her eyes are dark brown and she has a bit of a rounder face. She's slightly taller than average for her age and has small, petit hands and feet. She usually wears skirts with short sleeved button shirts or sweaters. She wears several types of accessories, usually being hairbands with bows on them to help tame her hair just a little more.

----- Transformed:

Anne's dark, curly hair is turned purple, though it maintains its wild curls. Anything holding her hair back is broken off, allowing her hair to freely fly around her. Her brown eyes turn yellow as well. Anything she is wearing is replaced by a blue shirt and matching skirt.

The shirt has medium-length sleeves that puff out near the ends and at the shoulders. Black gloves move from where her shirt and end in slight points like claws. The neck of her shirt has a white ruffle to it it and has two large openings in the back.

The skirt is slightly puffy with a white ruffle underneath. She has black tights under the skirt and a pair of blue shoes.

In addition to her the basic outfit, Anne gains several bat-like traits. The most notable are a pair of large wings that sprout from her shoulders. The wings have large, red claws that can act like a secondary pair of hands. She also gains are pair of large, bat-like ears and large fangs where her canine teeth should be. When her shoes are removed, her feet are revealed to have transformed into black, bat-like feet capable of cutting with red nails similar to those on her wings and able to hold her weight so she can hand upside-down from objects. When her wings are not in use, she uses her red claws to hold them in place around her, causing them to resemble a cape. Her ears can also flatten against her head, allowing them to not be seen very well and also protect them from louder sounds (To a limited extent). She carries several things with her in a small bag including a black blindfold for herself (She does not rely on her vision and often wears it to prevent herself form being injured by light-based attacks) and a muzzle (To prevent herself from accidentally biting people)

Personality:

Regular: Anne is rather confident and flirty. That being said, she is flirty with everyone and never actually expects a response. She's easily confused (By things like calculus and taxes) and isn't against asking others for help. Despite her playful flirting, it is just that; playful. She's very empathetic with people and also highly sarcastic.

Transformed:

While transformed, Anne rarely speaks. In fact, the noises she makes are usually just for determining where her surroundings are with echolocation. She's very quizzical but lacks empathy towards humans, instead only viewing them like cattle or irritating distractions. Oddly enough, other magical girls do register as people and she is still empathetic towards them. She's still easily confused and tends to have a one-track mind.

Magical Abilities:

-Vampire's Bite/Bloodlust: Anne can bite people and drink their blood. This acts as a power-up for her and can restore her strength, as well as heal smaller injuries. In addition, when drinking blood, she becomes overwhelmed by the urge to consume more of it. This only works with human targets.

-"Bat/vampire Abilities": Anne gains the stereotypical power of a variety of bat species. This includes flight, echolocation and enhanced smell. However, this also limits her sight to darkened places and makes light a dangerous enemy to her vision. She can fly with almost complete silence and has no reflection or shadow.

-Hypnosis: Anne, if allowed eye contact, can momentarily hypnotize her targets. It only works on humans and those who look into her eyes have difficulty breaking contact if she has started the hypnotism already. At least five seconds are required in which neither of them move. Hypnotized people simply fall asleep and cannot be compelled to do any actions or anything against their will. She relies on attention and likes when people notice her. When left alone, she starts to gather doubts about herself.

-Transformation: Anne can transform completely into a bat. It is about the size of a small dog. It is the only transformation she can use and can transform only when first in her magical girl form (Aka, she cannot go right from her regular form to a bat or vice versa.)

Background: Anne used to call London her home until her parents followed work into the States when she was 14. Since then, she's been jumping from city to city as her father's business instructs their family to move different places. Finally, at the start of the school year, they settled in the current town. Anne quickly worked her way into a few friend circles and quickly made friends, partially due to most American's obsession with her accent.

She found the bat plush in an alleyway and, after a good washing, decided to keep it. She accidentally kept it in her back pack for a few months then continued to keep it with her at all times when she discovered it's hidden powers.

Misc.: Sound and light based attacks are ideal against her. Fire, being that it is a source of light, is also highly dangerous. Her nose is also highly sensitive so garlic and other foul-smelling things can be used briefly against her, but this only works for a brief time. It is difficult for her to function properly in the daylight. She is prone to fainting after transforming back and usually forgets some parts of what happens while she is transformed.

Edited by pudding

Hypnosis doesn't work that way in real life though??

I've been to a hypnotherapist, I have some firsthand experience with this. The swinging pendulum/clock thing isn't necessary, I did most of my sessions with eyes closed. And you can't actually force people to see/believe/do things unless they wanted to do them in the first place. People are actually in a heightened state of awareness when hypnotized. Maybe don't base your research on a crime drama.

If you want to base a magical girl around that then that's cool, but she shouldn't be able to hypnotize unwilling people out of costume.

For a moment, I thought you were talking about mine. Is the hypnotism there bad? Because that's a very common vampire power.

Oh, I didn't even see that on yours! No, I think that's cool. It's based on vampire powers and vampires aren't even real anyway so yeah

I've skimmed both of the signups on mobile, and will give them a more through review later tonight. Looks good so far, except for a few little things:

@Kitty: Like Pi said, hypnosis doesn't really work that way. She can keep the fake-mysitic vibe (I really like that), although perhaps tone down her manipulation when she was younger. And imo it would make more sense for hypnosis to be blocked by sunglasses (unless it is suggestion through words) and have illusions go through them (since they are mental).

@pudding: I really like how you deviated from the traditional notion of a magical girl! There is one minor thing I would like changed, though, and it's that Trinkets are found objects discovered within a year of the start of the RP, meaning the bat cannot be from her youth. Furthermore, they have to be found directly by the owner. (I'm on the fence about Tina's watch that was ordered online.

Phew! Finally had time to sit down and read them properly. Looks like the signups seem to be taking a darker turn. biggrin.gif

Anne is Accepted! I won't even mind if she eats people. Her concept fits well into the plans I have for this RP.

Tina is Pending, as mentioned above. (To be honest, I expected minor time powers rather than hypnosis, and a flashier more witch-like transformed appearance, but who am I to dictate what kind of character she is. tongue.gif)

What's going on with the seniors? I'd like to get Anne involved with them but I'm not sure.

Right now the seniors are more split up. In the cafeteria Chase is currently asking out Josephine for the umpteenth time at the cheerleaders table. Raymond and Jarrett are watching him from the volleyball team table, not really discussing anything, just waiting for Chase to finish up. Lydia and Alva are also watching, commenting on how they don't like what Josephine is doing. Helena is also in the cafeteria I believe.

In the senior halls Harold, Trisha and Ayla are about to barge in on Felix.

Edited by psyshock

Yep Helena is drinking some hot chocolate and fiddling with something round her neck (her pendant chain) at a table in the cafeteria.

I should probably get a move on and post, shouldn't I?

HAHAHA WHOOPS

Edited by Techno_Elf

btw Techno I'm not sure if I didn't make it clear enough but Sadibelle, being 16, would technically be in the Senior Cafeteria. Unless you meant to put her with the little kids.

(That first OOC post is in dire need of updating. I'll do it later. D: )