TehUltimateMage

Get Up, Go to School, Save the World (OOC TOPIC)

I'm also stalking it but I take a really long time to type and I fell asleep last night. I fall asleep so easily~

I find myself going over it a lot and making sure everything is correct, then rewrite it a few times.xd.png I irritate myself sometimes

That's what I also do if no one anwsers. and my posts in the IC gets shorter and shorter everytime I post.

I also think we should slow down with posting so others can use the lunchtime before we are trough talking material.

Edited by loviebeest

Well, perhaps the necklace-fancier is near enough to Helena to see her play with it?

Or someone could just throw a few NPCs at her table. Not literally.... though that could also be interesting.

How about one of the less popular boys being told to leave the Team Captain's girl alone? Whether that was true or just an excuse......

I edited my post, would you be willing to look arlt it again? Thanks smile.gif

Very short simple question but... what did you edit. I can see that you changed a bit in the normal appearance department but further I see no changes. Oops... I sound like I'm the one who decides, sorry if i sound naggy.

Edit: nevermind I read it just before it changed to the wolf necklace.

Edited by loviebeest

Hmm... a bit better in terms of the whole pet wolf thing. Still... shapeshifting into ANYTHING seems a bit too broad still. Considering her trinket, maybe she can shapeshift into wolves/dogs? That would be interesting, considering we have a cat girl and a fox girl.

Hmm... a bit better in terms of the whole pet wolf thing. Still... shapeshifting into ANYTHING seems a bit too broad still. Considering her trinket, maybe she can shapeshift into wolves/dogs? That would be interesting, considering we have a cat girl and a fox girl.

Better idea. Thanks biggrin.gif There, edited again.

Edited by polaristar

Also I'm going to play as Lydia around when the bell rings. For now she is talking with alva.

I will play more with Josephine, for now as NPC. I'm going to turn the sheet in for her soon, she will be an antagonist but will find her trinket later. (spoiler: her trinket will be a ring since no one has that yet so far I read.)

Are we going to have classes when lunch ends? Because the divide there will be very great and there won't be that much interaction between characters allowed without getting in trouble.

We can always timeskip but that is no fun so early. Or we have all a joined gymclass or something because of the many absentees.

Are you sure, the infamous dodgeball? blink.gif

And here is the form for Josephine.

Username: loviebeest

Name: Josephine Flores

Trinket: A silver ring with a blue small orb. Inside the orb you can see something like a blue galaxy and a small purple rose. The band of the ring is split in two trough the length and at the connecting point with the orb is a design of swirls being blown away.

Appearance:

----- Regular: She is tall, athletic and fashionable. She has long wavy brown hair reaching over her shoulders. Her eyes are green and have a sharp look to it. Her small face and puckered mouth add something to her character as cheerleader. Accessories are very important and she will always have enough for ten people. But she will lower the count if it doesn't fit her outfit. And never forget the smartphone, charge it every evening.

----- Transformed: I will start from top to bottom. Her hair becomes straighter but wilder, also lighter in colour. Her hair grows so long it reaches her butt. Her eyes change to a rounder shape and become aqua blue. In her hair is a beige lacy ribbon with short ends and a dark purple rose on top. Attached to it are two small indigo ropes almost as long as her hair. The ropes have tassels at the end. Around her neck she has an open dark purple choker with beige edges. The choker is hold together with two small black treads, at two beige-coloured metal connection points. Her sleeves are triangle formed with the point down, just barely covering the shoulders and making a connection with the choker and the top.

The top is also dark purple and is heart-shaped but it widens out in a open-front dress that reaches halfway her sheens. At the middle of the topside of the top is a beautification triangle pointing down. It is beige colour and has many swirls, like the ring. At the front on the left side of the top is an aqua blue line flowing down. Following the widening of the top. It stops around the hips. Over the line are two dark blue leather straps, making the illusion that you can take the top off. At her hips on the widening part of the top are two big circles, also in beige. These circles are connected to two smaller circles that lay on the inner-top and skirt. The bottom of the top has some inletts. The two front points are covered in beige metal with an arrow shaped heart hanging from it. The inside is covered with a beige layer that looks like feathers, this reaches to under her butt, the rest of the inside looks like a galaxy. The inner-top is aqua blue and is only visible at the connection point with the skirt. The connection is a mash of swirls that even go over the skirt. The skirt is a straight cut. It's beige and is a bit shorter than the inside feather-like layer of the widened top.

She has fingerless gloves that end just under her armpits. The edges of the gloves are beige. At her right elbow she has an aqua blue ribbon that flares outside and it also has beige edges, it's kept on her elbow with a beige band in the middle. At her left upperarm are more of the dark blue leather straps. Her left and right hand both have a metal protection gear, the left one is bigger, with beautiful swirling designs. This is hold on by dark blue leather straps.

Her shoes reach just above her knees and widens a bit further. Here the edges are again beige. The front of the edge has an inlet that only goes trough the beige. At her knee is an aqua blue ribbon with beige edges wrapped around. From under the ribbon you can see more beige swirls come out. The toes and heels are beige and the sheens of the shoes has more beautification swirls on them.

Personality: She is a hypocrite and someone who needs attention. She is a cheerleader, so she doesn't have to worry about the attention. But to gain more popularity she will befriend losers by being nice to them. Even if they become real friends, she will never sit with them in public. But she doesn't like it when they get friends because they won't need her anymore. And losing friends is bad for her image. She sees being social as more important than being friends. Her future is surely more important than that of someone else. (In general a bit like the stereotypical cheerleader.)

Magical Abilities: Her abilities come from her outfit.

Sword-She can summon a sword wich she is very experienced with in her transformation. (not that she can summon it in her normal form.) The sword has a dark purple handle and the blade always reflects a galaxy. The swirls wich also appear on her outfit are beautifully decorating the handle and blade connection. The dull edge of the has swirls sticking backwards. So if you get hit than it will inflict more damage when pulled away. With her sword she can also flick attacks away if she is fast enough. It is connected to her hand gear, destroy it and you destroy the sword.

Space dust-she can gather dust from the galaxy in her cloak to blow it over everyone. You don't want to mess with the dust because it causes severe illusions to the point you will even injure your ally, an innocent or just go the wrong way.

Rope-she can enlarge the rope in her hair and use it as whip. At the moment she uses the whip she controls it. So it can go in a completely different diraction than you expected. It also has sharp edges, making it painfull to the touch. she can use the sword an whip at the same time.

The rose-she can use it to move from one place to another by blowing petals away and growing a new flower there. She will be disappear and walk out of the flower. The petals grow back, but the flower ornament doesn't.

Agility-her jumps and leaps are higher because of her cheerleading.

Background: Her parents were a model and a businessman. Being the offspring of something so perfect brought some expectations with it. She fulfilled them with being

popular and having a succesfull schoolcareer.

Misc.: She may seem overpowered but she finds her trinket much later when all of them have already experience. She will be on the evil side. and sorry I have to work out the background part a bit more. But I really wanted to post this already.

Edited by loviebeest

There will likely be a time skip to the late afternoon/evening, unless anyone has any after-school club ideas or hilarious in-class antics.

@Polari: Better, but Cassie is still Pending because the signup still needs work. Normally, magical girl outfits are incredibly flashy, but if you really want to keep her like Hawkeye... ...

With her bow, which would be mentioned in the abilities section, I thought she could have been a huntress-like magical girl.

For her shape-shifting, I'd say just limit to just her silver wolf form, or else make her entire character centred around shape-shifting and using animal forms (minus dinosaurs) to fight, like Beast Boy. As for Tyrant, I find it extremely weird to picture a german shepherd running alongside of a wolf, magic or not -- and if they encounter any shadow creatures, the dog would not be able to even touch them. The most aggressive of dogs would tuck its tail between its legs and run.

But, what if the dog is the trinket itself? Adopted from a shelter or something in the recent two weeks (because that's around the time the trinkets have started appearing), she will be able to fuse with Tyrant and gain his canine traits when she is transformed (although, that would mean a complete rewriting of her transformed appearance).

Fun fact: Originally, Tammy's trinket was going to be her cat (I'm tempted to change it back now, because everyone is using necklaces and bracelets). Although impractical and possibly traumatizing to that poor, poor kitty, it would be pretty cool.

EDIT: @Lovie: Didn't see that signup there. I think you said english was your second language, right? I'm having trouble reading the sheet because of grammar and spelling, sorry. sad.gif Though I like her idea, we can discuss her once we're further into the RP.

Edited by TehUltimateMage

I edited it. I hope it's more readable now. I'm just ashamed of myself, making so many mistakes. I also don't use a typing program with spellcheck (word doesn't work). And that program acts difficult when you are copy and pasting.

Just checking something, had we decided which magic characters are going to appear first? You said something about only introducing some characters at the start. Should we let the people who signed up first or have a random generator do it?

There will likely be a time skip to the late afternoon/evening, unless anyone has any after-school club ideas or hilarious in-class antics.

@Polari: Better, but Cassie is still Pending because the signup still needs work. Normally, magical girl outfits are incredibly flashy, but if you really want to keep her like Hawkeye... ...

With her bow, which would be mentioned in the abilities section, I thought she could have been a huntress-like magical girl.

For her shape-shifting, I'd say just limit to just her silver wolf form, or else make her entire character centred around shape-shifting and using animal forms (minus dinosaurs) to fight, like Beast Boy. As for Tyrant, I find it extremely weird to picture a german shepherd running alongside of a wolf, magic or not -- and if they encounter any shadow creatures, the dog would not be able to even touch them. The most aggressive of dogs would tuck its tail between its legs and run.

But, what if the dog is the trinket itself? Adopted from a shelter or something in the recent two weeks (because that's around the time the trinkets have started appearing), she will be able to fuse with Tyrant and gain his canine traits when she is transformed (although, that would mean a complete rewriting of her transformed appearance).

Fun fact: Originally, Tammy's trinket was going to be her cat (I'm tempted to change it back now, because everyone is using necklaces and bracelets). Although impractical and possibly traumatizing to that poor, poor kitty, it would be pretty cool.

EDIT: @Lovie: Didn't see that signup there. I think you said english was your second language, right? I'm having trouble reading the sheet because of grammar and spelling, sorry. sad.gif Though I like her idea, we can discuss her once we're further into the RP.

I like your idea, but I want her trinket to still be a neclace I'll edit it (again) tomorrow, probably using some of your ideas. Thanks biggrin.gif I'm still kinda new at RPing, so just bear with me. But I do want to keep her outfit like Haekeye's, because she is shy and does not like attention, so it fits her character.

Edited by polaristar

Trisha doesn't like attention either, but she's got a badass fractal dress. The point is that this is the magical girl genre. Everyone gets flashy transformations and costumes, no matter their personality (not to mention you have to write up a super flashy transformation to keep Mage happy anyway).

(not to mention you have to write up a super flashy transformation to keep Mage happy anyway)

You're diggity darn right you do. I have the right to make you re-write that scene as many times as I see fit, until it shines with the light of a thousand hopeful souls and sparkles with tears shed from sheer emotion.

@Lovie: Don't worry about it. That's why we can edit. :P

@Ground: I don't really get what you mean, but there will be a major event when nighttime comes where pretty much everyone will discover their powers if they haven't already -- they just need to be in the wrong place at the wrong time right place at the right time. My comment was just to say that we should limit the amount of magical girls initially, so there is room to grow.

So it's fine if our characters know about their powers, correct? I wasn't exactly sure about that.

Username: psyshock

Name: Raymond (Ray) Fenn

Trinket: A small flashlight with a black strap to wear around your neck. The button to turn it on is black, the rest of it is composed of semi-transparent plastic that has sparkles mixed in with it.

Appearance:

----- Regular: Raymond’s hair is black and kept short. His eyes are a bright emerald green. His attire is usually composed of t-shirts and shorts, occasionally an unzipped hoodie and jeans on colder days. He typically has his flashlight around his neck under his shirt or in his pocket. His height is average for his age and his build gives off the appearance of an active individual. He also has a volleyball jersey that he wears on occasion but for the most part it is reserved for games.

----- Transformed: When Raymond transforms his hair grows to be longer, to the point where it covered his ears and his bangs can hang down over his eyes. His hair colour changes to What looks like platinum blond most of the time, except when it catches light at certain angles the light is refracted into its different colours. The sclera of his eyes become black and his irises become white, which always seem to glow. His clothing in his magical form comprise of a dress shirt that appears to be composed of sparkles paired with a black waistcoat on top of that. The left side of his pants is black above the knees and sparkles below the knee while the right side of his pants are the opposite. His left shoe finishes the pattern on that side while his right shoe finishes it on the other; they appear to be modelled after a pair of dress shoes with a slight heel. He wears his flashlight around his neck. He also sports a black top hat with a white ribbon around the top. It is typically tilted to the right and will not come off unless he himself takes it off.

Personality: Ray is not your typical jock character. He is one of the more popular kids due to his success on the volleyball team but he wouldn’t exactly call many of the other popular kids friends, so much as people he sat with. The volleyball team itself is a group of close friends, as over the years many of the same people had made the team. It is hard to find one member without another member nearby. Around his fiends he takes on their joking attitude. He does display a calm that some of his friends lack and is more observant than given credit for. When he is in his magical form he keeps his typical morals but in fights he may act like a magician on stage performing. This would include things like declaring his first move in a fight as the first trick, or his final move as his finale.

Magical Abilities: His powers are based on light because of this, hiding in the dark isn’t exactly something he is always capable of.

Luminescence- He can glow to a varying degree, the brighter he is the harder it is to sustain. This is the most basic of his magical capabilities.

Flash- This is a bright flash of light much like the flash on a camera. Its only purpose would be for an attempt to momentarily blind. It takes a sudden burst of energy, so there is a bit of a cool down time between each flash.

Suspension- He can make orbs of light that hang in the air. Creating the lanterns can be challenging at first; as he gets better he will be able to have numerous lanterns hanging around. If he keeps the ball in his hand rather than releasing it, it can be “carried” by him. He can put them out remotely, or they may go out on their own if they have been hanging for too long.

Explosion- This skill branches off of suspension. Instead of fading away or going out the lanterns can explode.

Lasers- This one is pretty self explanatory. He can bend light in a way that produces a laser. The lasers require some time to charge. Lower charging times result in smaller and weaker lasers.

Refraction- By bending the light around him he can cause things to appear differently than they are. He could make him appear closer or farther away or shifted to one side. He could theoretically bend the light around him to make it look like he wasn’t there but to make it look believable it would require a keen sense of his surroundings and a great deal of concentration; making himself appear invisible would be near impossible without giving signs that the light is being bent around him.

Background: Raymond’s childhood is pretty standard. He has an older sister, Catherine, by four years. He discovered volleyball in P.E. and came to love it. He tried out for the teams every year he could and made it in the team each year.

In the beginning of his teenage years he had come to realize that he was homosexual. He came out to his parents and sister when he was 14. His family accepted him and he came out to the volleyball team and his closest firmed afterwards. The team, although awkward about it at first, accepted him. Some of the other fiends he told began to distance themselves form him, although they do still share some friends. He hasn’t told anyone else but seeing as they are in high school word has a way of getting around.

He found his flashlight during this last summer when his family had gone on a camping trip. Someone walking in front of him and dropped the flashlight without noticing. He picked it up, meaning to return it to the lady who dropped it, something stopped him at the last second. The flashlight felt important for some inexplicable reason that led him to keep it. He has not yet discovered any of its powers but he does find it odd how he feels safest when it is in his possession.

Misc.: When he discovers his powers he will be able to glow in the dark when not in his magical form. He can only glow about as bright as a glow-stick which would serve no practical purpose other than giving himself away.

I do feel a bit iffy on whether some of the powers are okay. There is also the fact that he is on a sports team and I know practically nothing about sports, so anything he or the people he is with does or says may be completely off.

Edited by psyshock

Looks fine to me. Ray (of light) is Accepted! You can actually play around with each of the four characteristics of light (reflection, refraction, diffraction, interference). Physics! Though I guess other than being cool, there wouldn't be any applications for interference or diffraction patterns. I also expected rainbows, but I'm excited to see him in action.

(Another fun fact: In another magical girl RP I used to be in, someone signed up a kid who turned into an actual stage magician whose powers were based entirely off of parlour tricks. He was one of my favourite characters.)

@Pudding: You can choose if they have accidentally discovered their powers, yes.

Wow... you may find this hard to believe but at no time during my creation of him (Which actually took like 4 days seeing as I didn't know what I wanted and I can be extremely indecisive) I did not once think of the fact that he could be a Ray of light.

I was thinking that he could make his lights particular colours, but it would be more useful to see things with proper lighting. I may use different colours (And rainbows) for his lasers though.

An unrelated tangent: A Raymond sits beside me in band. A shy kid. The band director has taken to occasionally calling him his "Ray of Sunshine", and he gets terribly embarrassed every time.

Also, after wrapping up Jack's sideplot (which will take a while) and letting everyone else have a chance to interact, we should be able to move on to after-school hijinks. I'm saving the dodgeball idea for another downtime. tongue.gif

Edited by TehUltimateMage

Now that you mentioned band I feel obligated to ask what instrument you play and what band retreats you have been on. I have been in band up until I graduated last year and I played flute. As for band trips we have been on the notable ones would have been Victoria in grade 10, Cuba in grade 11 and Whistler was last year. I'm in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia, so that would explain most of the B.C. locations. My mom is from Ottawa though.

What I find interesting to note is in my school district (And several other districts in the Lower Mainland) Only have Elementary School (K-7) And High School (8-12). They used to have a middle school system (My high school used to be a junior high which caused many cramped hallways)but it to taken away. Some of the other districts still run with middle school. I also don't know how your schools did things but we had a term system, we took the same courses for the entire year rather than a semester system.

I also suppose that I should give a quick overview of my NPC's

Jarrett Gilly: Jarrett has brown hair with hazelnut eyes. He stands at nearly 5'9'' feet. He is generally a quiet guy, definitely not the loudest of the group. He will say something on occasion but for the most part he listens. He makes for a great person to talk to if you just need to vent. He is 17.

Chase Andrews: Chase has medium length sandy blond hair. He is taller than Ray by a few inches. Chase is the team captain. He makes it his business to know where all of his teammates are and what they are doing. He is often like a protective brother. He can be a bit too stubborn for his own good. He has had a crush on Josephine for a while, continuously trying to get her to be his girlfriend. Chase is 18.

I'll do a quick blurb on the others I mentioned when they actually appear.

Edited by psyshock