TehUltimateMage

Get Up, Go to School, Save the World (OOC TOPIC)

Both of them have their pros and cons, really. And to be honest, the transformation serves to mask one's identity, just like in superhero comics, so other than the relative age based on height, it will be hard to pinpoint who exactly's under that costume.

But it looks like we're starting with a little socialization. Thankfully, Jack is not alone.

Kevin, Jack, Viola and Tammy are in the same age group and likely have quite a few classes together (math, english and science come to mind first) due to junior high barely having any electives. Some of them might be in the same friend circles.

Helena, Trisha, Lydia, and Felix are chiefly in the senior wing of the school, although they've probably had ample contact with their underclassmen. English is the only course everyone needs, but it is most likely they will bump into each other in an elective they just happen to be in together.

Other than that, there are an infinite number of clubs running either at lunch or after school, which you could probably create without even asking me. Lunch hour is the same for the whole school -- although they have separate eating spaces for grades 6-8 and 9-12, there is still a lot of mingling going on.

Topic will go up soon. Keep an eye out for it.

Great can't wait ^^. also I forgot to say that I love Trisha already mainly because of (this is my own opinion.) that they are the same in opposite ways. Because they have opposite pesonalities and I place the triquetra and fractal symbol in the same category. just love it. xd.png

(( Oh no it's beginning? Ultimate mage what do I still need to do!?

I am a proud Otaku. This is my dreaaaam... ))

My tip of what I know from magical girl series is that you schouldn't use the sword as your weapon but as a conducter (do I say that right?) for your magical abilities. Maybe that will help, just think of a few attacks. That's what I think but that wasn't really the problem according to TUM. What could be the problem is that you are more a warrior spirit than something magical. Maybe that gives the feeling of something missing.

btw. I'm stalking this thread at the moment that's why I anwser so fast.

Should I make one more character? She's going to have plant powers.

Alrighty! The IC topic is up. Remember, no one actually knows who has powers, so several approaches are possible. One is to outright stalk, another is to subtly try to communicate to people that you have magic ("okay so i have like this 'friend' who can like control fire.......... weird, right? but what if..."), and another might be being a downright buffoon about it. NPCs will have a hard time believing in magic, anyway.

Speaking of NPCs, you might be wondering who the hell is this Harold kid. Well, here we go:

Harold Malson: A paranormal extraordinaire, and a after-hours conspiracy theorist. He derives a certain joy from unwrapping mysteries, because there is always another secret to be uncovered. (It helps that his dad is in the police force, as well.) Harold also has a little obsession with magical girls, as evidenced by the posters in his room, and seeks to know more about them once he finds them out. His curious mind makes him a little bit like a mad scientist. If only he would put as much energy into school than he does with collecting interesting information for his blog. But, he considers himself an optimist -- who just so happens to be the class clown.

Age 15, he sits (or rather, sleeps in) most of the same classes as Felix. They can be considered friends, somewhat. He actually stands only an inch or so taller than his friend, and has the build of a runner. His roots, judging by his tanned skin, dark curls and strong brows, are either east indian or hispanic -- though honestly, it is such a jumble he just considers himself 'American'.

@Techno and Thael: I am writing PMs to you at this moment. Personally, I find it hilarious that you are both trying to use the albino trope that I already mentioned I am iffy about.

Oh and by the way if you didn't notice in the first post, it is a very foggy, dreary day, and only about half the students showed up. That should make it slightly more likely to bump into PCs instead of going through a sea of NPCs.

Edited by TehUltimateMage

I made my post.

NPCs:

Basically Andrew tries to be the bad-boy due to his hormones, but copied his style from Grease more so then anywhere else. It doesn't help he doesn't act like one, only tries to pull off the look.

Brett is almost 'nerdish', and can be a bit abrasive. He easily holds grudges, but last only for about two weeks at the most. Despite his outward manners, he's a rather smart kid who often bails the group out when they need to copy homework.

Anthony is the son of a pastor, and is probably the more kind-hearted out of the four. He's also prone to making bad puns, if they can be called that. He tends to stay out of the group's more 'mean-spirited' jokes.

Edited by Lore_Master

Its been about eight years since I was a pre-teen in middle school, but I think that's how they talk and act.

I feel old now

But pudding, you have to remember. The greatest treasure was their son. :3

Please. Tammy and her posse are the embodiment of annoying middle school weaboos and Chuunibyou (it's a shame that there's no english equivalent to that word)

But pudding, we are required to have hilarious antics (and nearly get demolecularized) at his mansion. :3

Y'all got to be friends with him if you want to get into his mansion. Which isn't going to be that hard since he's really trying to do his best to make friends right now.

Yeah, someone else would have to write that. I'm all for it but I'd have a problem writing it myself. All of the bullying I know is really, really cliche.

I've gone to a private school for my last three years of high school, and it is indeed a pretty dramatic change (even though bullying was actually limited to verbal abuse at my middle school -- probably because most middle school boys I knew were kind of wimpy.) :P

Bullying at homeschool was rather limited. It just seems so strange and foreign to me. Like, why would someone ever want to give someone a swirlie? It makes no sense.

I've gone to six different public schools and I have had a completely pleasant time at all of them and have not experienced any bullying at all. I found movies involving high schools really weird until I realized that these were things that probably actually happened to other people.

I'm not even exaggerating. Although I was completely oblivious to social things and indeed the existence of most other people for most of my life, so that was probably a big part of it. Maybe they were all just really nice schools, I dunno.

Eh, I was picked on and off during elementary school and a bit in middle school, this was back when I didn't understand that I had a mental disorder, and why I had an adult follow me around all the time. The 'normal' kids didn't understand it either.

Long story short is that I was full of frustration as a kid, and after awhile I kinda... beat the crap out of my bullies. dry.gif I always got the raw end of the deal, since they liked to play the victim, and usually got away with it. Still, they kept their distance till high school, when amends and laugs were made. Looking back, that probably wasn't the smartest thing to do.

This was in a public school mind you, back before facebook was even a thing.

Edit: Whoops, typed something a little too personal.

Edited by Lore_Master

I never seemed to run fast enough to catch those darned bullies to give them a piece of my mind. >_>

EDIT: Looks like you fixed up your form, Thael! I've nagged you enough about this. also we'll just assume his rockin' purple hair isn't natural so you won't need to change it

Calseth Micheal is Approved!

heehee Sunnydale? As in Buffy-inspired Sunnydale?

I'm so tempted to make a Scooby-gang reference in my introductory post....... *must resist*

I guess Helena could also be a target for bullies in some ways - due to her relatively timid nature. Though then again, she does try to blend in with the crowd and not stand out too much...

Someone would probably have to start a conversation with her though - she's not likely to be the one to start chatting. [unless she already knew them of course]

Can someone tell me the grade system we are using or how it works because mine is prbably different.

this is how mine goes: Elementary school is grade 1-8 than we count again as we go to middleschool/highshool that goes from 1-6. you can take exams in 4, 5, 6 (exams for grade 4 is the lowest and 6 the highest). so at age 17 you can already take exams if you are in grade 5.

I don't know if this is the same at your place or in the RP. Because if not than it would be weird for Lydia to be already preparing for exams.

Oh poop! I forgot that some people don't work from the north american system! D: It was in your sig too, so I should have explained. I apologize.

Our school year starts in the autumn, meaning that the year is already well-underway. In these middle-high years, exams are typically at the end of every school year, around June. Typically, middle school doesn't need to worry about any exams.

The numbering starts at grade 1 (age 5-6) and ends at grade 12 (age 17-18) before going to post-secondary education (college/university) -- so Lydia can either be in her final year or her second-last year. (There's also two years of preschool/kindergarten before that, but it's not really relevant here.)

Elementary only typically goes to grades 5 or 6 (age 11, give or take a year), and then the students are usually transferred to a larger establishment for middle (also known as junior high) and high school, which are grades 6-8 and 9-12. (Or, in terms of ages, age 11-14 and 14-18)

At least that's how it is in Ontario. Feel free to share if it's different where you live. Amazing how you learn new things from all around the world, eh?

((Made a few adjustments, just to be sure))

Username:groundporkchops

Name: Alva Hjort

Trinket: A small fox shaped pendant in black in red on a golden fine-spun chain bracelet.

Appearance:Appearance:

----- Regular: ----- Regular:This normal slim and rather frail looking schoolgirl looks ,with white blond hair that reaches to her waist, blue-green eyes and pale skin, like she just came in from Snowland. Her pale colour scheme makes her self-conscious and shy around those she doesn't know. Alva dresses to fit in but her pale hair is always noticed. Her comfiest outfit is a soft sweater with red-brown fox heads and some skinny jeans in dark colours. She is from Sweden, so even in Winter she can be found in light clothing but even she isn't impervious to the cold. Her school uniform is always tidy but she often fusses over it. She is about 5'7, with a small nose and average European eyes. Her pendant always lies in her left wrist, as she is left handed and wants it always within reach. She is very slim, with a small chest and small hips.

----- Transformed:

----- Transformed: Once transformed, she gains orange fox ears in a headband-like form and a 2 orange fluffy tails form out the back of her dress. Her dress is a simple layered skirt dress, with a tube-top like bodice similar to a gothic style dress. The dress is in yellow-orange, white and blue. The shoulders are bare but white sleeves loop around the upper arms and connects to the main section. The main part of the dress is blue, with white edges and the main tube-top section being yellow-orange. She has white knee length socks and small black shoes. Her eyes become slightly slanted and sly looking, while she gains whiskers on her cheeks. Her hair grows longer and forms two long pigtails topped with white bows, as well as gaining some red and orange-y streaks. Her hands for claws and she has a few foxy traits. She seems to develop more but still retains her slim and lean physique.

Personality:Personality: Alva Hjort is a very strong and able girl, having taken care of her disabled mother since she was 7. She is very money-conscious, as well as quiet and shy among strangers. She never seemed to fit in a particular niche but hopes the move to this new town from Sweden will help her. She feels very self-conscious and was always quiet, inciting bullying against her. However, she is very cunning and sly, as well as being smart with both education and street smarts. She is a very giving and generous person but finds herself giving up too much to make others happy, maybe showing that she has a slight inferiority complex and lower self esteem. However, once she likes someone, her friendship is absolute! She loves her friends and would do anything for them. She is very quirky and kinda strange among friends, and loves cracking bad jokes.

Magical Abilities:

Magical Abilities: Fox step: Using fox-like flexibility and stealth, she can use this ability to jump and stalk an enemy while not giving away her position. She can also jump higher and land better using this ability.

Fox traits: She gains many fox-like traits, such as enhanced hearing, smell and night vision. She also cannot see the colour blue when transformed. She also gains fox like flexibility and agility.

Foxfire: Alva can summon small blue flames that look like will'o wisps that can be thrown or held in hand as a weapon. She can create up to 10 at a time and when they disperse she can create more. However, if she makes too many, colour begins to fade out of her trinket and her clothes, like she is running out of 'battery', if you will.

Shapeshift: Under dire circumstances, she can transform into a fox form to escape an enemy or to help others. However, if she is in the form too long, she cannot transform back (until the next new moon.)I'm changing this to when the sun rises, realised the problems associated with this.

Background: Alva Hjort was a normal child, until at age 13 her family was torn into shreds by her father. Her father attempted to murder his wife and thinking he had, left. He left her mother with reduced metal capabilities and Alva on her own. She received support until she was 14, when they cut funding to the disability department. Since then, Alva has worked odd jobs to keep everything running and using the savings her family had left plus what far away aunts and uncles could afford to send. The government still sent a worker every 3 days to check up on her though.

When she was 14, she found a small little antique store that just popped up in a single day. She explored the hidden niches of the shop and then found the shoplady, a small and homely looking grandma who sat making small carved figurines of foxes. As she looked around, she noticed everything had a fox shaped carving on it somewhere. The old lady had looked at her, sizing her up and then motioned towards a table with 4 pendants and told her choose one. She chose the fox pendant and when she later came back, the store had mysteriously disappeared and no one even remembered it.

She discovered her powers but doesn't know exactly why she has them. She guesses it's in relation to the murders though.

Misc.: Dogs are her greatest fear when she transformed, as well as water as it pains her fire-geared soul transformation. Also, she fears rejection for her choice of sexuality (bisexual/pansexual) so would only ever reveal something like that to someone she trusted absolutely.

Edited by groundporkchops

Of course you can join. It says this RP's still open, and probably will be until final act.

While I would have liked you to use the form with the coding to make the sheet look nicer, it's no big deal. Alva is Accepted! One of the rare cases I'll actually let white hair (well, platinum blonde) slide, due to her lineage. Tammy will be happy that there's another animal-based magical girl out there (how does Alva feel about cats?)

Other than the trend of pendants and shy recluses, it seems that we have the full spectrum of blondes now. tongue.gif And I'm not against jocks being magical girls or anything! Though I guess their active role in school sports would take a hit. Likewise, the popular girl might start losing traction once she starts leading a double life. It would be interesting to explore. (just throwing some ideas around don't mind me)

At one point we might even end up re-enacting Mean Girls. x3