TehUltimateMage

Get Up, Go to School, Save the World (OOC TOPIC)

I think a schoolday first is better because of your description TUM, it makes it flow better. Why not meet midway and start at the end of the school day.

edit: I don't know why but I said battle instead of shoolday

Edited by loviebeest

Username: Thaelasan

Name: Michael Miyamoto

Trinket: The trinket which actually controls his power is a gem around his neck in the shape of a sword. To actually unleash his abilities to their fullest, he has to first shove the gem into his father's legendary blade - a sword known as Ryuchi.

Appearance:

----- Regular:A silver-indigo haired, brown-eyed young man with a tattoo on his face of a curved samurai blade, the blade of his family. He normally appears quite cold or distant and his tall stature only serves to ward people away from him.

----- Transformed: He gains a silver/gold armor set which covers his body tightly, almost a perfect fit. A samurai mask of a fierce draconic nature rests upon his face. He gains two blades - his father's original as well as a spiritual sword made of spectral energy. His hair lengthens into a traditional top-knot, changing to the color of purple, the night sky. His eyes turn silver like the moon.

Personality: Much like his appearance says of him, Michael is not one for mindless chatter. He normally sits in the back of a class, sketching images of battles and weapons or drawing stories and legends. He is very faithful to those who attempt to befriend him, however.

Magical Abilities: Michael's abilities can be defined as the "Spirit Samurai", which is his nickname in this regard. In his normal state, he only gets a bit of the bladework which his magical form gives him, as well as two spiritual companions which only other magical people may see. This makes it a bit easier for people to know what he is. However, to truly see them as they are, the viewer must be half-transformed or fully transformed, since they are the link to the blade in Michael's hand.

He really doesn't care.

One of the companions - a small, wolf-eared girl named Megumi - is quite timid by normal nature and usually is found sitting on his shoulder if you can see her. His other one, a dragon horned boy known as Masaru is an arrogant and bold man who desires nothing more than battle.

Megumi, the wolf, represents his spiritual blade, the energy of the mind to be wise and just. Masaru represents his normal blade, a vicious and arrogant spirit born of war. The two can also assist in his battles but he normally tells them not to, as he is an honorable fighter. He desires to fight his opponents in single conflict upon a field of battle.

Background: Michael is the son of a Japanese father and American mother - though you can't tell just by looking at him. His Japanese heritage is less pronounced.

His entire life has been spent being told stories of a blade of his family that was forged for his ancient ancestor - a samurai named Masaru, the Ryu Samurai.

It was said the blade had been able to see the spirits of another world. As such, it had been closely guarded for centuries. However, the blade was incomplete. A lost artifact had been stolen from it.

Michael found a new artifact, a gem in the shape of a tear-like object. Unable to stop himself, he managed to sneak into his father's room and took the blade. Just as his father saw him, he shoved the gem into the hilt.

A blast of spectral and physical energy sent his father flying backward and almost knocked Michael into the ground. When he opened his eyes, the blade glowed like the moon, and two spirits appeared before him.

The wolf spirit, Megumi, and the dragon spirit of the original owner, Masaru. Though Masaru had been within the blade to keep it safe, Megumi was actually the true spirit of the blade. She had been the daughter of the blacksmith who had forged it and soon after her death she had merged with the blade. She didn't know why.

As such, the two of them deemed him the new owner. When he activates the blade, they shroud him like armor, Masaru creating the physical armor of his helm and body, and Megumi creating the spiritual armor around that.

Misc.: He loves the spirits like his own friends and brings the blade wherever he goes. He disguises it as a kendo sword when walking about the halls.

EDIT: ((Only a select few know this. Send me a PM saying how you would and if it's good I'll accept it. Please don't just act like you know. ))

Miyamoto Masaru was named due to his father's own glory as a samurai, Masaru meaning victory. His last name comes from his mother's lineage as a shrine maiden, Miyamoto meaning base of the shrine. His birth was a grand event, as he was the eldest son of a samurai of physical power and a shrine maiden of spiritual guidance. It was a great glory.

From the day he was born, he was trained to become a legendary soldier of renown. His father would not settle for less than perfection, and Masaru was willing to give every ounce of his energy and power to his father's teachings.

However, there was one thing which kept him from being as good as he wished - his albino genes. Such a thing was a rare, and frightening occurrence in feudal Japan. It horrified most who met him. In fact, they took to calling him the Spirit of the Shrine, a ghost in the body of a boy.

Ridiculed and feared, he took their negative emotions and when into solitude, leaning upon his father and mother for support. They accepted him, claiming that his appearance was a blessing to show his spiritual and physical fusion.

Then, when he reached the age of seven, his young sister was born. The two were inseparable and Masaru's parents were extremely proud. After all, now they had a son who would take his father's blade in honor, and a daughter who could continue to pray to the spirits.

For many years, Masaru climbed up the ladder of honor until a lord chose him to be his samurai, at the age of 17. His life had meaning, even though he had been feared. Now, he donned a mask, which shrouded his face from the eyesight of others. It was a mask blessed by his mother, in the shape of a dragon roaring at the enemy in pride and strength.

In order to cause fear among the enemy, he was one of the first to practice the art of scaring his foes with intimidation. He chose the foggiest and murkiest swamps from which to emerge to fight. He brought with him soldiers clad in broken armor - on purpose. They looked like the risen dead.

As such, he became the Dragon of Death, a warrior emerging from the spirit world to enact his vengeance upon those who fought him and his lord.

Then, finally, his luck ran out. After returning from a battle, he discovered that his clan had been attacked by a traitorous rival family in the dead of night. They had discovered he was away.

His father had been unable to protect the family. He almost lost the will to live when he found his mother and father in a pool of blood. Yet, his sister placed a hand upon his face. He found her, hungry and cold, hiding in the shrine altar. She had been the lone survivor of the attack.

Furious, he took it upon himself to defend her, the final shrine maiden of his clan. He went on a journey, then, to find a blacksmith known across Japan for his weapons. He spent months, walking with his sister and protecting her as she went on her own pilgrimage to pray at the various shrines. They garnered support, and then came the day of truth.

He reached the summit of the mountain, where the blacksmith appraised him. Sadly, he would not forge the blade for him because he was in mourning. HIs daughter had passed and no one would bless her and allow her to move on. The mountain was too treacherous.

But Masaru knew what could be done. He carried his sister upon his back and went back up the mountain to the blacksmith's home, taking all the weight upon himself. When she blessed the child's body, it was said the soul of the girl, rather than go into the afterlife, merged partially with the sword the blacksmith forged for Masaru.

It was a gleaming, glorious metal blade, but Masaru had one last piece for it. He grabbed his mother's gem from his old sword and placed it within this one. Then, he went off, to find the clan which had destroyed his own.

He left his sister behind to be cared for by the blacksmith as though she was his own daughter. They both knew he would most likely not return.

Masaru fought for many days against them, by himself, slaying every last one. WHen he finally shoved a blade into the chest of the leader of the clan and told him his own name, he realized he was dying.

Arrows, blades, and other weapons were stuck into him in every location. He laid next to the bodies of those he had slain and looked up to the sky.

His sister later when to the castle when she heard of what had happened and retrieved his body and the sword. She was the one who had had the children which led to Michael's birth. The sword passed down through the generations, til even the name Miyamoto was lost to the ages.

When Michael found it, it had been sealed by the death of its owner. The gem he discovered awakened the true nature of the blade.

----

Ironically, Megumi is Wakahisa Megumi, Wakahisa meaning "Forever young."

(( The twin blades are based on a wakizashi and a katana, the standard swords of a samurai. ))

Edited by Thaelasan

((Ahhhh, my form is almost done! Just gimme a couple more moments! Also, is there a character limit?))

Edited by Techno_Elf

2-3 is what I usually recommend, including major NPCS.

I'll be looking at the posted sheets once I get home. smile.gif

I'm probably going to make 3 at most. I already have 1.5 done.

@Techno: I don't know if I should be excited or afraid. Either way, I can't wait. Post them! x3

Anyway, on to judgement day.

Viola is Accepted! The only issue I have, though, is that magical girls and boys revert back to civilian when they pass out. I wouldn't mind if she's just stunned after getting booted out of a potted plant. To be honest, I thought her main method of attack was going to be going poltergeist on everything (including levitating and tossing fellow party members).

Calseth is Pending. I don't mind his abilities and I don't even mind his spirit gnomes, but he doesn't really fit the feel of this RP, you know? I understand that you might have started the form before I put that little information dump on magical warriors. He's just... how do you say... not normal enough.

Also, schools are already iffy about religious daggers. Forget bringing a sword (though at least with a blade people won't dare tease Calseth about his face tattoo...)

Let me think of some suggestions, and we can discuss it either here or over PM.

Announcement: Hm... I'll add up onto the opening that trinkets are to be "found" by the rightful owner only, and only in the year or so leading up to the RP. It just doesn't really fit with the plot I have in mind, otherwise. That means, Techno, that Sadibelle would have picked the pendant up somewhere herself, rather than it being left behind.

Also we still have yet to reach a consensus if we want it to be day or night (even if we start in the afternoon, it will still be day.)

(Just a forewarning. I like to make things pretty gritty. If your character stands out, they will probably get harassed by bullies. If your characters do something likely stupid that might attract the police, the cops will notice.)

Onwards, to the actual meat.

Both Dei and Sadibele are... Pending?

Huuuuhhghgh I'm really iffy on albinos for some reason. Maybe its because they're overused, or that people often disregard the fact that albinism also involves sight problems other than light sensitivity. Not to mention that elementary school kids are vicious little things that tear apart anyone who looks funny. (speaking of elementary school kids, I'm also iffy about the fact that she started to tinker with gears at age 8.)

(It makes sense for her to spend the majority of her time indoors, so I don't mind if she starts tinkering around age 12 and becoming almost prodigial at it by 15.)

There are some other things I can't put my finger on, but I'll tell you when I can name them. On to your second! -- looks like someone took the water girl idea.

I'm really shaky on orphanage stories and kids running around amok at young ages. Might be just me. I feel like an uncle or someone would taken her under his wing (or something). I also feel like she would be scared of the sea after it took her father, but maybe I've just watched too much Swimming Anime.

Assuming that she did end up in an orphanage but ran away, Belle (can I call her Belle?) would have a rough time on the streets, but would get pretty street-smart after a while, instead of book-smart (schools might not even accept a street-urchin, so you'll be missing out on school segments)

Third, she would need to find quite a bit of hair-dye to keep her hair blue!

Overall, Belle needs some work, but I quite like the concept for Dei. Feel free to argue with me.

Both Dei and Sadibele are... Pending?

Huuuuhhghgh I'm really iffy on albinos for some reason. Maybe its because they're overused, or that people often disregard the fact that albinism also involves sight problems other than light sensitivity. Not to mention that elementary school kids are vicious little things that tear apart anyone who looks funny. (speaking of elementary school kids, I'm also iffy about the fact that she started to tinker with gears at age 8.)

(It makes sense for her to spend the majority of her time indoors, so I don't mind if she starts tinkering around age 12 and becoming almost prodigial at it by 15.)

There are some other things I can't put my finger on, but I'll tell you when I can name them. On to your second! -- looks like someone took the water girl idea.

I'm really shaky on orphanage stories and kids running around amok at young ages. Might be just me. I feel like an uncle or someone would taken her under his wing (or something). I also feel like she would be scared of the sea after it took her father, but maybe I've just watched too much Swimming Anime.

Assuming that she did end up in an orphanage but ran away, Belle (can I call her Belle?) would have a rough time on the streets, but would get pretty street-smart after a while, instead of book-smart (schools might not even accept a street-urchin, so you'll be missing out on school segments)

Third, she would need to find quite a bit of hair-dye to keep her hair blue!

Overall, Belle needs some work, but I quite like the concept for Dei. Feel free to argue with me.

Another thing:

Albinism is divided into many types (4, to be exact). Of those types, the one with no pigmentation in the eyes is type 1. This is the one associated with red-eyes. Based off of the picture for Belle, she would be type 1. This means it would be impossible for her to have freckles since she would have no pigmentation in her skin. Type 1 albinos cannot get freckles or moles. Moreover, their hair doesn't have any pigment so holding any sort of dye is near impossible.

And, if she did get food from a shelter, they would immediately try to put her back in the orphanage. Moreover, if she was just 7, that would place her incoming 1st grade and make her practically illiterate based on 1st grade reading levels.

Second, albinism is about 1 in 20,000. The odds of two girls living in such close proximity who are not related to each other both having albinism is very, very low.

Sorry about that, I'm very particular about albinism since my cousin has it and it seems like her condition is turned into an over-used trope that isn't even accurate most of the time.

Sorry for the late response, but I'll cast my vote for night. Also I added a little something to my sheet, its just what happens to his hair post-transformation.

Okay, I changed the whole unconscious thing to being stunned instead. I also thought about the whole poltergeist thing, but then I figured that she wasn't experienced enough to do that AND the possession yet. Maybe she can gain those powers later?

Edited by greenglassesgal

I'm gonna go through my forms again and stuff. Hopefully they'll be good by tomorrow. :V Kinda tired.

@Lore -- Now you're just asking for someone to rip off his helmet and expose the fabulousness inside. tongue.gif

@GGG -- Perhaps. That skill would be absolutely ghastly.

@Techno -- Take your time. PM me if you have issues. Sleep! It's good for you! (look who's talking ahaha why am i even running this i already don't get enough sleep)

The vote seems to be tipping in favor for night, it seems. We won't start until Friday, and I will create a separate IC topic when the time comes.

Are there set powers all magical warriors have (e.g. enhanced strength, flight, stuff like that)? Because those are very useful but don't really fit into any sort of theme.

I'm making a magical girl with math powers because I'm a hopeless nerd

Math powers are beautiful. I feel like my calculus teacher is constantly exerting them. I love math, but not the part where you have to practice to get good at...

And yes, I will add to the opening that magical warriors do indeed all have increased strength, resilience, and agility. They also have an unnaturally high jump and fall slower than normal (slow falling is breaking laws of physics but shhhh).

I was thinking about the magical scene's. If we have to describe everytime the same transformation than wouldn't it be boring? I was thinking to bring little changes everytime while transforming this gives it a bit more live and variety. and it makes you think of more beautifull scenes.

That's true. But we could also just skip the transformation part after the first few times. But changing it slightly every time sounds pretty fun.

"I like math but only if I don't have to work hard"? Pssssh, amateur. wink.gif

Username: Fractional Pi Day (Pi, please! Other mathy nicknames will earn you +1000 favour)

Name: Trisha Sharrow

Trinket: A silver fractal necklace, in the rough shape of this.

Appearance:

----- Regular: Trisha has brown (auburn if you're feeling fancy), straight, neck-length hair. She has choppy bangs and two long strands hanging just in front of her ears that reach to chest level. Her eyes are brown, and her skin tone is peach with a few freckles, mostly around her shoulders. She dresses a bit more formally than most high-school students and has a particular fondness for sweatervests.

----- Transformed: Her two longer strands of hair grow to about waist-length. Her trinket transforms into a mass of tetrahedrons clustered around her neck, like some sort of polygonal scarf. She gains a dress with white detached sleeves, exposing her shoulders; the top itself is light blue and the skirt part is modelled after a Koch Snowflake and is coloured alternatingly dark blue, white, and light blue. Her shoes transform into knee-high boots. A monocle resembling a rifle sight appears over her left eye and an armour ring covers her right hand middle finger, tip extending past her fingernail.

Personality: Good phrases to describe Trisha with would be “overenthusiastic” and “kind of a nerd”. She’s really interested in science fiction and all the implications thereof, including how technology might develop in the future and the repercussions this might have on human society. Generally, she’s optimistic about all scientific advancements, but if you want to learn about her more specific views be prepared for a half-hour lecture.

When she’s not gushing about the mechanics of spaceships, she’s standoffish and doesn’t notice people much. She tends to be bluntly honest. If she disagrees with someone, then she disagrees with someone – she doesn’t see the point in sugarcoating anything.

Magical Abilities: Trisha’s abilities revolve around points in space, similar to a 3D Cartesian coordinate plane. To use most of them she has to first set up points by touching them with her armour ring. These points will stay in midair and glow as long as they’re active. They fade by themselves after a few minutes, but will also be destroyed if they’re attacked, used in one of her abilities, or if Trisha loses consciousness or transforms back.

- Shift: Trisha can teleport to one of her points. If it’s in the air she can hover there for a few seconds before the point disappears. She’ll only be able to jump a few metres at first, but her range will increase with practice.

- Linear slash: Directs a pulse of energy through two specified points, damaging anything it hits.

- Polygolem: By dragging her armoured finger between three or more points, Trisha can create solid 2- or 3-dimensional shapes and control them remotely. This will fail if the shapes contain any curved edges or sides, and she will tire herself out quickly if she tries to control shapes with too much total surface area at once. She usually uses these as quick makeshift shields or triangular shuriken, and they will shatter after one or two blows.

Background: Trisha was the only child in a relatively well-off family. She’s quite ordinary, really, with the exception of her interest in engineering and mechanics which started to show when she was seven. Her parents were confused (her mother was in business and her father was a lawyer and they had no idea how she got a hold of the things she took apart in the first place) but supportive, and encouraged her to do whatever she wanted. She picked up a neat necklace in a tiny jewelry shop on a summer vacation trip last year with her parents and discovered her powers the night they returned. She’s still not sure how to deal with this development, especially since it meant she was definitely not living in a sci-fi world.

Misc.:

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

For the transformation scenes, it's really your choice. I was thinking describing the first one in full, and having the other ones simply be through flashes of light (because that's what's everyone else sees).

@Techno: It seems you have started editing, but haven't finished. I'll critique once you're done.

@Fractional 3.1415: Trisha is Accepted! Loveable nerd. I love her concept, and would expect an expansion in her powers related to functions or something. She probably would compete against Felix for top of the class in Calculus.

On a completely related note, we have a lot of blondes. I'm not expecting anyone to change anything, just making an observation. tongue.gif

Oh 𝛑, your name says so much about you happy.gif

Is there any particular place this is set in or is this just some unnamed city?

School surprisingly wins 3-2. Looks like I didn't see GGG's vote. D: Unless someone else would like to tip the balance, I will start preparing some timetables for everyone~!

TBH at first I was going to set it in New York, but then I realized I have no idea what it's like. Besides, I'm more familiar with small-sized cities like my hometown of Ottawa, Canada. So, this city (on the small side, population: 800,000) is as of unnamed and fictional. But I would like to make it an existing one.

(( If I end up getting accepted, I would like nighttime.

Also, it's unnecessary to make it real. However, should you wish to base it on a city, if you want it to be based on the animes (and I may end up drawing a manga-like comic based on this RP not even kidding) then Tokyo or something could work. Man, I'm unoriginal. I normally can just think of Japanese city names like THAT.

But if you want to make it American based, some suitable destinations could be Tampa, Florida; Montevallo, Alabama; Montgomery, Alabama; San Francisco, California; Washington DC, Virginia (which makes sense since then the government would REALLY get involved.), and other such places.

In any case, it's up to you.

Have you thought of anything which would make it where you'd accept Calseth? Also I'm probably going to make a female character as a girlfriend for Calseth just because that's how I am. tongue.gif ))

Voting for school too. NOW YOU NEED THREE PEOPLE TO TIP THE BALANCE MUAHAHAHA

No actually though I feel like it would be a better idea, especially since once the fight starts people can be like "oh is that the guy who sits next to me in math"

When's we starting?

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

I can't wait untill we start. Especially since I have so many funny things in my head and because Lydia is so skeptical about it. (I have got a lot of time for that.)

and PI it's exactly like you said and what I said earlier. It just flows better and gives a nicer intro than "oh it's that guy." ^^

That's slightly true but many of them are older and many schools are large. It's not like they've never been to school before and starting with the fight would give them a reason to go snooping in the upper classrooms. The odds of Jack knowing someone who is older than him is slim to none.

That's true but there is always lunchtime. And you can (as earlier said) choose a midway and start at the end of school or at a time where they are likely to meet in school. you can also keep the school part short just to get the feeling about how they think about their trinkets and how school is. Then you have time for all the action and you have a nice flow. This is how I think ^^ but it's up to TUM.