Clown_of_God

Ascension - A Race Against Time

Roxy was moved to her room by the Sprytes, cursing the whole way. She groaned as on of the little servants began to stitch up her leg. Since she was finally away from those God Slayers she was back to her demi-god self. That didn't mean much but it did mean that she wasn't going to die of blood loss. One of the servants touched the bloody spot on her shoulder and she panicked. All she could see was that little demon girl standing over her. She let out a primal scream and flung the little helper across the room with a burst of anti-gravity. She saw more closing in on her, trying to hold her down. She sat up, flinging the one working on her leg off of her. Gravity reversed and all of the Sprytes hit the ceiling. She brought her knees to her chest and hugged them against her chest with her arm. All the Sprytes fell from the ceiling at once. There was a sharp pain in the side of her neck that caused her to jump in surprise. A Spryte holding a empty syringe. Roxy knew exactly what just happened as her vision began to blur. She relaxed and fell unconscious.

Roxous was back on Phang. Twenty one years old and dressed in a beautiful gown. There was a crowd of chanting people standing before her. Flanked on both side were the highest members of the Consilium. Men on one side, women on the other. Everyone was dressed in the shimmering robes that all of the religious heads wear during all the important gatherings.

This one was different. Not only was this the day of Roxous's initiation as a official member of the Consilium, It was also the day of Desectious. The day that the major criminals of the comet are brought to the Consilium to be judged by the great star Mirach. Already the dark sky was beginning to tint pink as the comet drew closer and closer to the sun. Soon the entire world would be bathed in light. Usually, Roxous loved this time of year. The only difference now was that she was the one that was suppose to do the cerimony.

"This is it Roxous, your big day", Pristess Voltous said from Roxous's walk in closet. The old woman reappeared and laid the robe on her bed carefully. She frowned when she noticed the sour look on Roxous's face, "Come now Priestess you have been preparing for this day since your mother left you at the Consilium all those years ago".

Roxous only looked at the woman, her expression not softening.

She pursed her lips and motioned to the robe on the bed.

Roxous rolled her eyes and snatched the garment up from where Voltous left it. She walked behind the screen in the corner of the room to change.

"You remember what you are suppose to do, right?", Voltous asked

Roxous remained silent.

With a frustrated sigh, Voltous recapped, "When Mirach reaches into the sky and the Desectious begins, I will introduce you and the Infamousa will be brought forward. All you have to do if fling the criminals into the star and we will announce you the Grand Priestess", she finished and Roxous stood behind the screen motionless. She knew that the Infamousa were punished on the Desectious but this was new. Her fist clenched against the robe she put on. Suddenly the cloth felt very heavy on her shoulders. This wasn't a normal Desectious, it was....different.

She stepped out from behind the screen and forced a smile at the priestess. The woman clapped her hands together and rested her fingers under her nose, "Oh you look just like me when I was your age".

Roxous's smile vanished and her scowl returned.

Back on the stage, Roxous's mind was racing as the sky grew lighter and lighter. This whole thing was a power display. To show the people of Phang not to cross the Consilium becasue they had a super weapon. Her. She hung her head as Voltous introduced her as "The new light of Phang"

Roxous gave Voltous a half hearted kiss on her dusty, evil cheek before she walked to the front of the stage. She paused, looking at all the hopeful faces of Phang. The Infamousa were brought onto the stage. EAch one of the men and women, about thirty in all, looked around with fearful or teary eyes. All fell onto her as the crowd went silent. Roxous's hair shifted to a bright gold, showing the entire comet that she was scared. All of the criminals were displaying their fear to her, all but one. There was a younge woman standing in the middle of the line. Her hair was a calm blue. She looked Roxous dead in the eye and everything seemed to freeze.

Roxous got it now, she was the light of Phang. A new Phang. One not controlled by fear. She turned to look at the members of the Consilium, especially Voltous. She smiled and turned back to the crowd, "People of Phang!", she yelled, "You have been lied too by these so called profits". A murmur ripped through the crowed, "I am not divine, or a leader, or a member of this corrupt church!", she noticed that some of the Consilium's muscle was moving in closer, taking orders from the witch behind her no doubt. She had to work fast. She snapped and the prisoner's were gone. She wasn't sure where on Phang she sent them but it was way better than where they were. Next, she collapsed the space between herself and Voltous and grabbed her by the robe, "Your coming with me", she hissed, "I know you killed my family to punish me".

The old woman's eyes widened, knowing that she would not live to see Mirach rise

Roxous finally had the upper hand. Dragging the woman to the front of the stage and forcing her to her knees, "This is your criminal! She has committed countless crimes against all of you. Stealing away your children in the night. Starving the poor. Everything that they told you was for the good of the people was a LIE!".

"Hurry up and shoot her you fools!!!", the old woman screamed at the guards.

Roxy reversed gravity and brought Voltous up in front of her. There was a flash of red light and a blast of heat. All that remained was a charred skeleton floating in front of her. Roxous backed up with horror in her eyes. Those were not the normal heartbreakers the guards usually carried. No, those only paralyzed a person. They were using Dracon beams. Deadly plasma weapons that burned anything they touched. They were prepared to kill her if she didn't listen. She saw a guard level her gun at her face and Roxous was gone before she could pull the trigger.

She shot upwards, smashing through the decorative ceiling and screaming towards the upper atmosphere. She had never been this high. Since Phang was constantly moving through space, the atmosphere was extremely unstable. Constantly swirling and being bombarded with cosmic radiation. She had always gotten her skin burned off when she got too high. Not this time though, she was going to grit her teeth and break orbit.

She began to wrap air around herself. Withouht nitrogen she would parish in the vacuum of space. She needed a bubble to protect her. as she reached the point of no return, her robe began to burn away from her body, then her skin. She screamed in agony

Roxy shot awake, breathing hard and soaked in cold sweat. All of the Sprytes were gone and her light was off. She threw off her blankets and tried to stand. Her weight fell on empty air and she toppled to the floor. She looked at the place that her arm had been. Now wrapped up tight with clean bandages. The pain was gone too. Those Sprytes knew what they were doing, she gave them that. Pulling herself off the floor, she left her room to take care of her cottonmouth.

Ansgar smirked.

"Uncomfortable? Nervous? Woman do you even have a clue who I am!?" he laughed heartily, holding both of his arms out. "I'm the most oblivious yet awkward man in the universe! In fact, the Seer herself said.."

He suddenly realized she had been right. It all made sense now. She really did need a person who was full of optimism and life. Because optimism was one of the greatest weapons against a foe like this.

Ansgar turned to Tyler and sighed.

"Don't hate me for this." he said. "Passer."

That's all he whispered before turning back to Mina, hands in front of himself.

"Just tell me when it's me versus you. On our planet, rape was actually deemed acceptable because it was the strong versus the weak. I also can't feel affections for anyone. To be honest, I was trained to be the perfect torturing machine for those of weak-wills. I want to see you survive, Mina. I want to see what you can do. You've gotten me interested."

He held out both of his hands, grabbing a sharp pair of tongs and his sword.

"Torture... is an ancient art, you know." he whispered, licking the tongs. "It's all based on the endurance of a body to handle extreme punishment and duress. Sooner or later, in order to survive, if only weakly, you give the information the torturer seeks. Your life is in their hands. That's the first fear."

He stepped closer, then stopped just short of her.

"But the second fear is not knowing how long they will torture you for. The third is not knowing where you are. Here, that is not a fear. We both know where we are."

For those who were confused, it was apparent this was not the Ansgar everyone knew. His voice seemed less emotional. The energy that always flew through his body seemed darker. The truth was that, in his righteous anger and fury, he had delved into his memories and inner pain.

The pain he was about to inflict on this girl.

"However, that's all dependent on when you're ready to face me, Mina." he said, smiling. "Because I know for sure my body is ready to face you."

Matt walked out of the alleyway and onto what seemed to be the busiest street in this city. He didn't quite know where he was or what he should be looking for but he walked down the road after taking a left onto it. He felt as if he was being watched but everytime he looked back the people that were around would be basically ignoring everything. Being that he anted to keep up a little of the exorsizing that he used to do he started to jog through the town. His powers wee mostly scouting or diversions, this being so he trained his body to be quick and strong so it would be his offense. He hummed as he jogged unable to find a place where he would think more information about the god planet would be. He started looking for another library or maybe a bookstore.

A myriad of emotions ran through Tyler when Asngar brought up his homeworld. But chief among them was a keen sense of hollowness that gnawed on his soul. The world lost vibrance, as though someone or something was slurping the color out of life. Indeed, it would look like such a thing to the untrained eye. However, if you were someone whos mind was as fast as Ansgar's, then you could notice all the ambient photons in the room being drawn to Tyler's body. It was all quite intimidating, when you consider the fact that there was also lightning arcing around the room at incredible speeds.

And then a very loud boom could be heard. A blinding light consumed the world about the trio.

When it had gone, you could notice something distinctly different about Tyler. His beard was gone, for one. It was a nice beard, sad to see it go. His hair was white as snow, slicked back behind his head and ears. His mouth was affixed downwards in a frown. His shirt and pants were now dazzling, and it seemed like a light show was being performed within his body. Most of all, however, was the fact that he shone like diamonds in the sunlight. His eyes burned with a fiery vengeance, as though he was ready to destroy a world to prove a point.

He walked through the counter. Indeed, he was now a being of energy alike with his brother, Ansgar.

"This conversation has gone on for long enough, Mina." He turned to the woman, eyes blazing like a wildfire in their sockets.

"Now, you die."

Mina smiled coyly and interlaced her fingers behind her back. For a moment, she just seemed like an innocent young girl. That all changed rather quickly. When her eyes snapped open, they flashed to a radioactive green color and a sinister grin spread across her lips. One moment, she had been standing in a crouching pose and the next she was sitting on Ansgar's bum with her feet propped on Tyler's back. Cracks spread out from where their heads lay and shortly after the air began to move in the enclosed space.

"I knew you two were thick headed, but isn't this a little overkill? Now the janitor won't have a mess to clean up."

Again, Mina's eyes flashed that sickening green color and shortly after, Tyler and Ansgar would find themselves slammed into the wall on the opposite side of the room. Once more, the air began to shift shortly after everything began to settle and Mina exaggerated a yawn.

"You're really lucky I don't have Thresh's strength, otherwise your heads probably would have exploded by now. Still, it's a little disappointing to see energy users being tossed about the room like this. Did y'all just wake up or something? Are you two newborns? Such a pity and for a second there, I thought I was gonna have an actual challenge."

Back in her original seat, Mina had her feet propped up on the table and was sipping on a glass.

"Okay, since this is a little boring, I'll give you a little tip on what's going on. I bet you two were wondering: how's she so fast? We're supposed to be the fastest, blah, blah, blah! HAH! Anyway, I'll keep it short and simple. If my opponent is fast, I move faster. If my opponent is strong, I am stronger. See, short and sweet. Now, where were we? Ah yes."

This time, when Mina's eyes flashed green, the two energy users would find themselves impaled to the wall by one of the halves of the tongs Ansgar had grabbed. Ansgar was impaled through his right shoulder while Tyler had been impaled through his left. Smiling, Mina admired her work for a moment and let out another sigh.

"Barely made it to the concrete, so you're not completely grounded. Oh well, it'd be too easy if you were mortal."

((Alright, so Mina has a total of four abilities and the base ability, two of her abilities you already know. Here's the list, but not all of them will be shown:

- Blue: Able to hit/cut anything.

- Yellow: Able to adjust her body's output capabilities. This is what allows her to be faster/stronger than her opponent.

- Red: Base Ability, allows her to nullify a God's abilities.

- Orange:

- Purple:

When her eyes were green, it was just the result of combining abilities. These colors and their traits carry over to the other God Slayers as well. Red is the base nullifying ability. Any questions/concerns, PM me.))

Matt grew tired and started to walk back to the ship. He walked onto the ship and hit an area of no gravity and he cursed under his breath before showing up in a shadow by roxy who he could tell was in a fight recently and he sat beside her "roxy..what happened, why did you get in a fight already? Are you ok?"

Roxy Made it to the kitchen without much problem. She only had a spell of dizziness the hallway when she remembered what the little demon girl did to her. Roxy filled a glass from the cupboard with water from one of the tanks they had on board the ship. She opened the freezer to grab some ice to cool her water with. She found herself looking at her own severed arm. She slammed the freezer and leaned against the fridge. Why did she keep it anyway? She didn't even remember grabbing it. Well, she didn't remember much of the trip back to the ship. All that was coming to her was foggy glimpses of Nikki practically dragging her through the city streets. Roxy opened the freezer back up and downsized her arm to the length of a popsicle. Roxy wrapped the doll sized arm in a dishrag and stashed it way in the back of the freezer. Roxy shut the door back and reached for her glass of water. She strangely failed. Her hair turned blue and she put her hand over the bandaged portion of her shoulder. She was shirtless but she was covered by the white bandages that the Sprytes bound her with. She grabbed her water with her left hand and and walked into the common room. She took a seat and propped her feet up. Nikki had said not to do anything rash before she ran off. She sure hoped that they would all get back soon so they could leave this hell hole.

She jumped in surprise when Matt showed up next her without warning. She jumped up and hugged Matt with her good arm, "Oh god I thought those censorkip.gif***s got to you", she said, her hair turning ginger with relief. She stepped back and punched him hard in the arm, "Don't use your powers, stupid", she said, her demeanor changing, "Nikki mentioned something about the God Slayers showing up when a god uses their powers near by." Since he jumped in here they could be on their way. She was trying her best to keep a cap on her powers. She wasn't sure if passive abilities counted though. She looked at Matt with seriousness, "Were you followed?"

She sat down heavily in the chair behind her and Matt sat down next to her. This was all wrong. Nikki was beat all to hell and could be dead for all she knew. She had been gone for a while now. She thinks. Roxy really wasn't sure how long she was out after the Sprytes knocked her out. She bit her lip and her hair changed into a thoughtful green. What if they were in trouble. They could need their help. She wasn't much right now but she could still lend a hand in a fight. She shuddered at the thought. She was not eager to jump back into another brawl with the little demon girl and the behemoth that smeared Nikki around the alley. she would if it meant that they could walk of this planet. She would give them till sundown. After that, given that the God Slayers hadn't shown up and killed Matt and herself, she was jumping them both into space to get away from there.

Edited by padfoot

((This whole... "It ain't my turn" thing is kinda getting irritating. Plus, Thael's prolonged absences, as of late, is also starting to get old. Two more days, that's my limit before I start taking action.))

[Thael's got writer's block recently, I'm gonna poke him into posting tomorrow. Rest assured, I'm not going to let this one die.]

((I'm sorry, but one of you two needs to come up with something. Else, I'll be taking a step so the story can continue.))

Ansgar frowned just as he was slammed into the ground. She was right. No normal person would be able to perceive her speed.

But he did. Just like with Vanguard, he felt himself be grabbed from the back and slammed into the floor like nothing but a sand bag. Then he was hoisted by his collar and thrown into the wall.

The tongs weren't impaled into him - considering he wasn't currently corporeal for them to be in his flesh - but the metal conducted and hurt regardless. He grabbed the handle and yanked it from his shoulder.

"Well, we already know a few of your abilities. But I don't feel nervous - yet. Do you have any idea what it's like to fight Death herself? You're nothing but an overzealous, cocky censorkip.gif*, madame, compared to her." he grinned, flipping the tongs between his hands like a toy. "Once you face the end of existence in hand to hand combat, being slammed against a wall doesn't feel like anything."

He rushed forward, raking the tongs across her body with three, quick slashes in order to inflict pain - but not enough damage to kill. His electricity surged through the metal of the tongs with every cut, cauterizing them and shocking her.

"You may be able to move faster and you may be stronger, and I feel weaker just being near you, but I have a will, you know." he said. "And I didn't write it in order to prepare for my death either. I mean a conscious will, one telling me to keep going even when odds are against me all at once."

He placed a hand firmly around her arm, preparing to unleash another charge.

"Bring all of the god slayers. Bring the end of the world. We'll continue to insist we don't want to do anything wrong. But I will fight if it is brought to me." he said. "And it's so sad, too. You're such a beautiful, young woman. To think that you're weaved into this insanity hurts me deeply. Truly, I wish you would reconsider, but I doubt that's an option."

He leaped backward, preparing himself for teleporting away if the need arose.

"It doesn't matter to me either way if Nikki or Tyler is in danger. I will raise my fist in their defense. And my blade."

He held up his sword, splitting it into two. The twin swords crackled with energy.

"Well, Miss Night... as in, bringer of an apparent darkness.." Ansgar said, without knowing that he was calling Mina by a name she had in another universe. "Shall we proceed? Or are you going to lay down your weapons?"

--

Vikare sat aboard the ship, napping. He hadn't left since the godlings had gone out. The Seer had asked him to monitor them and report back if they got in danger, since she would be too busy with the Creator and other nonsense to observe them.

Ah well. They'd be fine. He was sure of it.

He rolled over, trying hard to go back to the world of dreams. For some reason, something had woken him up from his slumber. Something was itching him in the back of his mind. Some sort of danger that he should be aware of.

Ah well..

Mina smiled, raising her arms and displaying as her wounds began to fade away as if nothing had happened. For her, it had been a rather pleasant experience. Sharp pain followed by the flow of electricity to remind her that she was indeed alive. It was glorious. Sticking her tongue out, she then interlaced her fingers behind her back once again and leaned forward.

"So, this time lord is a she, huh? Also, I think you're exaggerating just a bit. You say you fought against the end of existence in hand-to-hand combat, yet here you are standing before me. Either, this time lord isn't as capable as we thought she was, or she was severely restraining herself to prevent herself from erasing your existence."

Taking a step forward, her eyes began to glow that sickly green once more and her lips spread into a wicked grin.

"You see yourself as some hero, don't you? Like from one of those television shows, who thinks that sheer determination and willpower is enough to overcome the obstacle before them. Well, I hate to break it to you, but..."

Mina vanished only for her hand to grasp the underside of Ansgar's jaw and for her head to press against his. From one perspective, it would appear as if she was embracing him from behind, whispering sweet sensations into his ear and supporting him. Unfortunately, this was far from the case, as from another angle a strange looking pole had skewered straight through Ansgar. One of the ends had extended into the ground, while the other end was piercing into the roof.

"This is a tragic film, where you heroes die and us villains win. It was a shame you made me pull out my lance like this, but that sword of yours got me all excited and I just... I just reacted. Also, look who came to visit you. I guess opposites do attract."

As if on cue, the main entrance exploded and Nikki appeared. However, her face appeared strained and she seemed to be struggling, when the dust settled the reasoning became clear. Thresh had her strangled in his hand while Gilma leaned against the wall.

"This one was running from the docks. I guess she was looking for the rest of her friends. I guess it isn't too much of a surprise to see you were the one keeping them occupied."

Sticking her tongue out and rubbing the back of her head, Mina giggled slightly and looked back at Ansgar. Watching what kind of reaction he was making.

"I guess it's kind of disheartening to see each other like this, isn't it? Also, I would encourage you to refrain from any attempts on escaping from your current position. You'll just do more damage to yourself and more than likely, you'll die from your attempt."

Matt looked worried when roxy jumped afraid. He never saw her so jumpy. He looked her over then looked down. Sighing he looked around "no one followed me as Tara's I can tell and it's just habbit I guess if I'm in a shadow and think of a place I wind up there. It can be annoying at times like when you were in the public bath and I thought about you guys and well I had to quickly think about my bedroom to say the least, I'm sorry about that." He looked around and took out his knife twirling it as he leaned beside roxy "I couldn't find any information about the planet but I found out that the "god slayers" are not machines per say or don't look like machines at least."

Ansgar grinned, shaking slightly. His hands released his blades. They clattered to the ground. For some reason, he felt blood leaking from him - but he was sure it had to be some mistake. After all, he wasn't alive right now... was he? But... he could feel it. He was.

His mind couldn't fathom the intense pain he was feeling. All he could think about was this small victory. He had forced her to raise her weapon. Whatever she called it, he would call it having made her pull her lance out in order to quell him. He would be the voice in the darkness that men were forced to raise a gun against in order to silence his words that could motivate the weak to strength. He would be the paragon, the harbinger. He would show that these beings were mad, and weak, and desperate. They wished to claim power by killing gods - the only way they could show that they had SOME skill or reason to exist.

"You're so depressing you're beginning to make me cry a little." Ansgar said, turning slightly. The lance buried itself deeper into him and he winced.

He still smiled as he laid a weak hand upon her chest. A glow began to well up within her, showing the trick he had made only moments before.

"That's a dual-purpose light, madame. I've ...cursed you." he said. "No power could remove ...that from you. It's.... a fragment of my emotion, ..my hatred and sadness for you. It's a spark, one that I just created... The ninth. One that breaks the octet and creates imbalance... It is a piece of my feelings and I have bound it to you. They will know where you are. They will know what you do. If you attempt to remove it, it will only grow stronger. Did you think that the electricity that I..."

He coughed a moment, all of his breath being forced into this. But he wouldn't stop now.

"Those tongs... I sent it along those tongs. In that moment of righteous vengeance, I sent it skittering along it into your chest. It's on your heart. If you attempt to remove it, it will only grow. It will feed off the power you use to kill it. The more it grows, the more it will feed. It will sap your energy... but... it's the last thing I can do. I call it Guilt. It will represent the light of hope to them..."

He grabbed the top of the lance, turning to Nikki and Tyler, smiling. Blood trailed from both sides of his mouth.

"But she's right. Hope can't save my life here. Electricity can't shoot me off this lance. It's draining my power. In a few minutes... I'll be gone. But I won't let them have you too."

He held out his hand. With the eight sparks extended, he transformed Nikki and Tyler into pure energy and sent them away, as far away as he could, using the metal walls of the bar to conduct them and spread them out. He didn't want them to die here with him. His story would end. He would die a martyr. But not theirs.

Not Tyler. Not the man who had been a brother to him - who had taught him family. Not the man who had spent his days playing and talking with him, showing him that he wasn't an outcast and that not everyone was a bigot. The one who had worked with him to Ascend and showed him strength.

Not Nikki. Not the woman who had been so dear to him, who had taught him affections. Though they may not have been shared, he finally had felt something that the Grand Priests would have frowned upon so greatly - especially the Great Priest. He had won a small inner conflict thanks to her. But she meant more to him than that, for some reason.

He then turned back to Mina, grinning. His eyes were filled with spite and malice. The once bright eyes of the boy were replaced with eyes of anger. For the first time, his fury truly showed.

"You like games? Play.. hide and seek.." he spat, and then his eyes closed.

Blackness covered his mind.

In the echoes of the abyss, he saw it, the Great Priest, smiling.

"You finally die, abomination." the old man whispered. "And what did you even accomplish?"

"More than... you." Ansgar whispered.

Tyler watched it unfold. He felt utterly powerless there, as his is wont. He was a creator, having no place amongst the destroyers. Mina, Thresh, Perses, all of them. He wasn't strong enough to save his friends. He wasn't strong enough to save his planet, his family. Ansgar had created a ninth Spark. Sent his whole body spiraling. The boy was stupid, unknowing of what he had done. And then he was somewhere else, somewhere alone in the universe as he was. He had done it, sent them away as he thought he was about to die.

Not today, kiddo.

In the final moments of his existence on planet Earth, Tyler sprung to action. He stole away Ansgar's energy, storing it inside his own light. It was foreign there, like a parasite feeding on its host. A soulless husk was left on the lance, its own life stolen away by the God of Light. And then he was gone. Taken away from the Earth, taken away from his place there.

Tyler was in an unfamiliar space. He looked to the sky, which was a sort of greenish color. The ground was like mud, indicating that it must have rained recently. He examined the surrounding landscape, seeing no signs of life. Then, the man looked inward. The presence was still there, as it should have been.

"I got you, Ansgar." He laughed to himself, even though there was nobody around to hear him. He dropped to his knees, polluting his knees with muck. ...No matter.

He pulled the boy out of him. That kid had gotten a look at Tyler's inner storm, a place that no man should witness. It was convoluted, a place of darkness where Blind resided. He guessed that Ansgar had something similar within himself.

Tyler wrought together his greatest Animation yet. He'd practiced quite a bit pre-Ascension, but with his new-found control, everything had been much easier. Tyler replicated Ansgar's body, to the best of his ability. Which was pretty good, of course. Except for the bits of it he hadn't seen, the parts he had no care for.

It stood there, still as a statue. It was created for a purpose, that being the hosting of a life. Ansgar, to be specific. Tyler put Ansgar's light into the creation, standing and sighing.

It was up to the lightning god, now.

Edited by Astrodeath311

Mina merely began to laugh hysterically, her lance retracting until it was just a tad shorter than the length of her forearm. So, this boy thought he had gotten the best of her with this little trick? Sure, maybe if it had been Gilma or Thresh, this little back alley trick would have been successful. Unfortunately, Deston hadn't selected Mina because of her insanity and unsatiable thirst for blood, but a unique line of abilities that allowed her to be so free. Spinning the hilt of her lance around, she pressed one end against her chest and looked at Gilma, her eyes beginning to glow purple.

"Well, you know what they say, you play with your food too long some of it my spill and stain your clothes. Am I right? I'll be sure to tell Deston to prep you a new body. In the mean time, would you be so kind to destroy this one?"

Before a verbal answer could be confirmed, Mina extended the lance and it pierced straight through her. This wasn't the end of her, however, as Gilma's body began to convulse on the ground and her appearance began to change. Skin grew paler and her hair began to brighten into a shade of brown over charcoal black. All the tribal markings began to vanish and the same purple hue began to brighten. When the convulsions ended, a slightly taller and slightly darker skinned version of Mina stood and brushed herself off.

Opposite of where she now stood, Mina watched as her old body became a lighter variant of Gilma's and she clutched at the lance that protruded through her body. Blood trickled from the corner of her lip, but despite the situation, Gilma was rather calm and awaited any further instruction.

"Antimatter here will destroy that body. Meanwhile, Thresh and I will begin our search for that light bender and the metal girl. Guess I should have just used Vigr to chop his head off."

"Why didn't you just nullify him from the beginning? Then, you... whoa... Whoa... WHOA!"

Before the boy could even finish his statement, Mina had gotten within an inch from his face and a small knife was pressing against his chest.

"It's no fun when they're human. You can't enjoy the confusion and the overwhelming sensation as you watch them try to contemplate what had just occurred. Still, my poor lance didn't seem to get enough to eat."

(( Honestly did not see that coming.

Still pretty ****ed up. ))

Ansgar felt something. Wait, how did he feel anything?

It felt weird to be dead. He was seeing images of his life flash before him. He remembered that dead mortals went to heaven or something

Where did dead gods go? He considered this for a moment.

He floated in the darkness, concerned for his own existence. Was he still alive? He shrugged. Wait, he could shrug. How?

He held out his hands.

"I'm... alive? Where the hell am I?" he asked, turning.

As his eyes accustomed to the new surroundings, his body beginning to activate, he looked down at the man before him.

Tears reached his eyes.

"Tyler? How the hell?.." he began, confused but happy. "Did you die too? I'm sorry. I thought I saved you both."

"No, Ansgar. We're still alive, albeit I haven't a clue as to where we actually are. Nikki's gone, she didn't teleport with me. Matt could probably find us easily enough, but Roxy is still on the ship as well as the Sprytes."[/size]Tyler sighed, looking down at his hands. He snatched Ansgar away from the Seer. Was it his place to? Could he just fix up all the wrongs that had been commit against them? What would happen?

"And don't ask how. Do you know how hard it is to steal away a soul and store it inside your own? How hard it is to not infect yourself with someone else's thoughts and feelings? It's rather personal."

He shook his head, then sighed again. Such things were up to beings greater than he. Tyler looked up at Ansgar, then yawned.

"We need to find the denizens of this planet, friend. After all, don't reach into another man's refrigerator without asking first."

Edited by Astrodeath311

Roxy rose from her seat again, her hair changing orange it anticipation. She could not sit still knowing her friends were out there with those...monsters. She wished that she could do something but Nikki without a way to contact her. Going out to look for her would be dangerous. Even if Roxy could just catch up with them later if they left in the ship. Matt would never let her go alone though and she wasn't sure if she could travel in the vacuum of space with two people. There were things to think about like internal pressure and life support. Especially becasue of her recent handicap and current exaustion. She was sick of feeling tired all the time. She always seemed to have something wrong with her. She couldn't even jump into space to take a radiation bath and recuperate.

She watched Matts reflection in the front window as he spoke. Confusion contorted her face and she turned around, "Public Bath? What are you talking about?" she asked just as the memory resurfaced, "Oh, that? That was almost a year ago. I have already forgotten about that." She found it strange that he would bring that back up now, during such a stressful time.

She frowned when he told her about the god slayers and that he couldn't find anything about the Throne of Gods. That meant that the whole trip to Earth was a waste. Tyler, Ansgar and Nikki could be dead for all she knew. Roxy's hair turned yellow at the thought of her friends mutilated and glass eyed in some dark alley way. Matt was the only able bodied one in the group if that was the case. She let out a frustrated breath and pinched the bridge of her nose, "I know what they look like. Nikki and I ran into two when we went out. There is a little girl with the mind of a demon and this huge guy that threw Nikki around like a rag doll." she said, catching Matt up with what happened, "The little girl mentioned a few more names. So I guess there are five or six in the area" she said.

Roxy fell silent. She really didn't have much else to say. They were pretty much hosed at this point. They were being hunted down.

Ansgar surveyed the surroundings and smirked.

"There's nobody here. I didn't just send you to a random location. Before we headed to the bar, I teleported to the closest information obelisk to find out things about Earth. Apparently there are a lot of planets outside of its solar system that were once mining locales."

He stood to his feet, smirking.

"I know I shouldn't have teleported. Nikki said not to. Now I kind of blame myself for getting you both in danger. It was probably me who tipped them off. In any case, this planet was once called Mercy, a small planet, almost classified as an asteroid. If you want the rate of its orbit and such, I have that stored in my mind as well. Data is just electric light. Once you learn how to manipulate it, you can turn it into a form and imprint it onto your brain, or whatever it is gods have. That's one reason I managed to keep my memories when your transferred me to this body - my electrical form contained all of my information and emotions, as well as my sparks. Probably wouldn't have worked as well on a human. I wasn't technically dead, either, if you're worried about that. My electric form still existed - but it was dwindling. Man, I was actually afraid for once."

He turned, gesturing to the rest of the planet.

"We just got lucky. All of the planets were lined up fairly well today, enough for me to send you guys sparking off each planet to end up here. Nikki should be on the nearby planet of Grace. It will be close enough for us to touch in mere moments. Like I said, these planets don't have a star to orbit around. They're orbiting each other in a crazy pattern based on their individual gravity. As such, they're likely to-"

He stopped suddenly as the entire planet began to shake. On the other side of the planet, the surface of Grace was rubbing hard against the surface of Mercy, cracking it and shattering it. Long ago, Mercy and Grace had been planets akin in size to Jupiter. Yet, years of crashing into each other and breaking had made them tiny but had forced them to create precious metals such as diamonds and Caldium, a rare mineral that had a very large effect on another universe - not that these gods would know about that.

Ansgar grabbed Tyler and teleported them both to the surface of Grace, just before it exited Mercy's atmosphere.

"If you're wondering how we're breathing, we're not. Have you noticed that we don't need air since we ascended?" Ansgar suddenly remarked, grinning. "We're immortals now. We don't have need for any form of mortal dependence. It's amazing. I've never felt so ALLIIIIIVE! But for some reason, I haven't really wanted to act out as much. A lot of stuff has happened."

He began to walk the surface of the planet until he came upon Nikki, who was lying unconscious on the ground. Hand marks were visible where the man had been gripping her throat tightly. Ansgar felt an intense urge to punch the hell out of that guy.

"Nikki!" Ansgar rushed to her side, concerned. "Hey. Wake up! Are you alright? Are you hurt?"

Matt looked down as he heard the distress in Roxy's voice. He listened to what she said and sighed. "He threw HER around like a ragdoll?" Matt felt all the shadows knowing almost on instinct and he shook his head. "I was just bringing that up to point out that it is almost instinctual." Matt took a seat across from roxy and rubbed the back of his head. "So basically these things are much stronger than we could imagine and we don't know how many are there. Could we possibly just transport them here and leave the planet? We already searched and found nothing about the throne of gods. We are in trouble now so searching this whole planet would prove impossible especially without our powers."

Nikki sat up groggily, rubbing the back of her head as if she had been struck there and heaved several heavy coughs. As her vision began to clear and she began to orient herself to her surroundings, everything began to flood back into her memories. One moment, she had been running down the streets and the next moment, she was being strangled and dangling in front of Ansgar.

Looking at him, her eyes grew full of tears and she wrapped her arms tightly around his waist as she recalled the last image she had seen of him. Skewered by so e sort of lance and his life force beginning to fade.

"I thought you were dead! Ansgar, these people... they aren't normal! I never imagined they were people. Everything I read was about a weapon that could turn a god mortal and slay him. None of the documents I read said anything about the God Slayers being human, but we encountered that behemoth of a man and that tribal woman and we were powerless. Ansgar, they're playing with us like a cat plays with a captured mouse. That girl you were fighting, you didn't even see the look in her face."

Nikki paused and pulled away from Ansgar, looking him square in the eyes as she hesitated on finishing her statement. It was the same look they all had. That behemoth, the tribal girl, and then that crazy girl who was fighting against Ansgar, they all had the same dull and relaxed expression. An expression she had only seen with one other being in this messed up multiverse and that was the Seer.

"Ansgar, she didn't even seem to be trying. None of them seemed to be serious. Oh, and Ansgar... they took Roxy's arm. Roxy! She's still on the ship! We've gotta get back and get her and Matt off the planet."