Zeditha

Lost Dragon Village

((But some dragons are only herbivores, its only fair that they can eat plants.))

((I'll let you eat plants, but I'm planning to base the survival style and rank system on Warrior Cats, so mainly meat please!))

Zeditha turned to look as more dragons began to dig their way out of the earth.

((Alright, I'm going to post with my new characters. I'm pretty sure they've been approved, so their sheets should be going up next time Zeditha gets on.))

Siren peeked his little head out from the hole he was hiding in, falling oddly quiet for a Howler Drake. His hightened vision and sight zoomed in on the scene before him, and while he thought no one else was looking he tried to sneak closer to the group.

~~~~~

"Come on! Let's dig the rest of the eggs out!" Zia yelled over her shoulder, already starting to dig. She almost immediately found an unusually large and heavy red and black egg, and dug enough of the dirt around it out that she could pushed it out of the pit with her ram-like horns.

~~~~~

Karik struggled inside of his shell, the huge dragon wriggling and shoving with all his strength in the cramped little compartment.

He heard someone outside of his little egg, and he heard other sets of claws scrabbling at his shell.

"Come on! Let's dig the rest of the eggs out!" He heard a female voice outside call, and then suddenly felt himself being pushed head-over-tail (even though in the egg, they were basically in the same place) and then finally stopping.

The Brute dragon kicked out one large leg as hard as he could and the eggshell gave way. Then he pushed out the other three with a few satisfying cracks.

Then he face another problem as he stood up.

The rest of the eggshell was still stuck to his body.

He made a few panicked yelps as he wobbled around the area, before finally smashing into something that finally made the rest of the shell shatter.

It wasn't a very hard object...

He opened his eyes to find that he had run right into another dragon.

~~~~~

Geo lay still in her egg. Perfectly at peace with being where she was, until she heard all of the commotion outside.

She wanted to break out of her egg like the others had and see what was going on, but she was just a runt. She was too little and weak to do much of anything involving strength, really.

She hadn't yet wrapped her mind around the concept of speaking yet so she just started making chirps and other baby dragon noises in the hopes that someone who hear her and dig her out.

Edited by makenziec123

As the others ran about in flurries of motion, Tenebris decided to instead walk around and investigate the area. There wasn't very much around, just ash and dust. Sometimes there was an odd shape of what may have been a structure or animal at some point, but nothing of interest. They'd probably have to go somewhere else to live. Somewhere with more things that could keep them alive, somewhere sheltered, but not too far. After all, they did just hatch. They wouldn't have enough strength to go very far.

As he walked, Tenebris noticed that his stomach was beginning to feel rather uncomfortable. Maybe he should have listened to Zeditha and eaten some of that thing back where they hatched.

As he walked, the young hatchling noticed something moving towards the rest of the group. And it looked as if it was trying to sneak on them. If it was trying to do so, it could be a threat to the others. That, he could not allow.

In a burst of speed, Tenebris bolted towards the new creature, and launched himself onto it's back. As he landed, the red hatchling latched onto it with his claws with a vice-like grip. He was not letting this thing go.

Siren let out an ear-piercing screech as something latched onto his back, the young Howler Drake used every sound frequency he could hit trying to knock whatever it was off, or at least call for help.

"Get off of me!" He screeched, bucking around under the heavy thing like a bull would try to buck off it's rider in a rodeo.

Tenebris recoiled from the thing as it let out horrid screeching sounds, his ears ringing in pain. The distraction the creature made was sufficient enough to release Tenebris' grip, making him fly off it's back as it bucked. As he hit the ground, Tenebris used his momentum to roll onto his feet to face whatever was sneaking on the group with a feral snarl. He would not back down. He had to ensure the safety of the others, and that meant taking care of any threat that approached. With that thought, he released a torrent of flame at it, recalling how he did so during his spar with Zeditha.

Siren screeched again and leapt to the side, the tip of his tail getting scorched slightly.

"What was that for?!" He exclaimed, growling and letting out another ear-splitting scream at the fire breathing thing. He couldn't use his own fire yet, but he remembered hearing his parents scream like this to hunt or to scare off predators.

At least, before they buried him that is.

He could hear extra ordinarily well for a Howler Drake, and even now he was louder than his parents had ever been.

His eyes roved for anyone that could help, and he saw a dark blue dragon with a strange thing on the end of her tail.

Since she seemed preoccupied with digging at that moment, he quickly scrambled over and hid beneath the heavy thing.

"Please help me! It's trying to kill me!" He begged when she noticed him.

~~~~~

Zia blinked in confusion as another dragon curled itself up beneath her tail.

"Who is?" She asked, looking up to see the burned ground behind Tenebris.

"Why is he trying to kill you?" She asked, shifting her tail to see the orange-black dragon hiding underneath.

"I don't know! I was just trying to listen in for a time when I could introduce myself! I hatched earlier, but no one noticed so I just snuck off a little ways to find some food." He admitted, still cowering under her tail.

"It was trying to sneak up on us!" Tenebris said grumpily after recovering from the second sound attack. "It could have been trying to figure out when to attack or something!"

Tenebris walked up to Zia, and then crouched down to glare at the thing hiding under her tail.

"I don't trust it." He said with a snort, releasing smoke from his nose.

Zia closed her tail down over the noisy little thing (which made several nervous chattering noises in response) and looked at Tenebris.

"Well, it did just run away from you. And it smell an awful lot like the rest of us. If it had wanted to attack someone, wouldn't it have fought with you? And since it smells similar to us, doesn't that mean it probably came from that hole too? She asked.

Suddenly, an idea struck her and she lifted her tail off of the nervous drake completely.

It yelped and put Zia between itself and Tenebris, giving a short sonic yip over Zia at Tenebris to try to make him back away slightly.

"Where's your eggshell?" She asked it, then turned to explain to Tenebris.

"If he was hatched with the rest of us then his eggshell would have to be around here somewhere!" She exclaimed happily.

~~~~~

Tail tucked, Siren crept over to where he had hatched.

His eggshell was still in the ground, and the dirt over it had caved in slightly, so he quickly dug it out and then nudged it over for inspection.

"Here." I said as he presented it, they hid under Zia's tail again- just in case.

~~~~~

Meanwhile, Karik (Car-eek) was trying to figure out how vision worked. And balance. And walking. And pretty much everything else.

He hadn't actually run into a dragon- but the charred and mangled log had looked a lot like one at first.

He turned- almost toppling over from the weight of his heavy horns- and turned to watch as a group of three dragons- one red, one mostly black, and one blue- squabbled and chattered at each other.

"What's going on here?" He thought to himself as he lumbered over towards the group.

"I hadn't had the chance to smell it yet." Tenebris retorted, flinching as it yipped at him to prove his point.

After it returned with it's eggshell, he sniffed at it to see if it did indeed smell like theirs. It did, but that did not prove that it belonged to the noisy creature. To make sure it did belong to it indeed, Tenebris moved to poke his head inter Zia's tail to sniff at the creature.

Siren batted at the mean dragon's nose with a pair of still soft claws and a hiss.

"Hey, you two be nice!" Zia exclaimed, pulling her tail up and bopping the little dragon on the head, then doing the same to Tenebris.

"Look, whether you believe him or not we can't just kick him out. I don't know how safe we even are if whatever took our parents away comes back." She snorted.

"By the way, what's your name?" Zia asked the Howler Drake.

"S-Siren... Look, if you guys are going to eat me at least let it be the pretty one and not the mean one!" He squawked like a panicked parrot.

Tenebris was in the middle of snarling at the cowering dragon, when Zia smacked him over the head with her tail.

"I was just trying to get his scent." he grumbled angrily. "And if you don't want to be eaten, try not to act suspicious. Or smack the 'mean one' on the nose."

Zia sighed.

"Okay. I think you two got off on the wrong foot. Let's try this again." She started and turn to look at Siren.

"Hi, I'm Zia. This is Tenebris." She said, placing a paw on her chest and then turning it to Tenebris in turn.

"Now, you two shake hands. Then I'll introduce you to everyone else." She stated firmly.

"But-" Siren started.

"Shake. Now." Zia snorted. If she had her fire breath yet, there definitely would have been a puff of smoke or two.

((I thought that Tenebris and Siren were the watchers xd.png ))

Tenebris reluctantly held out his paw to the smaller hatchling at Zia's prodding to do so.

"I only do what I do for the protection of the others." He said. "If I see a threat, I'll stop it from being a threat."

((They are. Zia's just a little bossy tongue.gif Plus, they actually haven't been given their ranks yet.))

Siren, too, reluctantly stuck out his paw and shook the other hatchling's.

"I'm no threat to you. In fact, if I hear or see one, I'll let you know. I have really good hearing and sight." Siren babbled, feeling a bit more comfortable now.

"So, what do we do now?"

"Now I'll introduce you to everyone else." Zia smiled.

"Or we could try and find some food for you. Most of that other thing we were all munching on before is gone now." Zia said, peeking over and seeing that a very large dark purple and red hatchling with horns similar to her own in shape was very busily helping himself to the meat.

"I'd like to eat, but will you tell me everyone else's names first, beautiful?" He asked.

Zia didn't really know how to react and just blinked in response, then turned and pointed each dragon as she spoke their names; "That's Zeditha. Then there's Musa, and I haven't yet met the others." She finished.

"Oh! 'm name's... Karik!" The dark purple hatchling called over between thick bites of the carcass from inside the cave.

"Not to mention a really nasty voice." Tenebris grumbled aside.

"I'm feeling hungry myself." He said, this time louder. "If you excuse me, I think I'll join... Karik over there."

With that said, Tenebris padded over to the mound of flesh and began to peel away strips of meet and swallow them down.

Edited by Narath

"Hey!" Siren cried, but the other hatchling was already walking away.

He let out a frustrated growl, but it quickly stopped when he heard something coming from the hole that they had crawled out of. It sounded like a faint chirping noise.

"I think there's still someone else in the hole." He stated rather randomly and then scurried off towards the sound, zigzagging back and forth as if he couldn't quite pinpoint the noise.

Finally, he seemed to figure out where it was and dove into the ground like this:

and searched in the darkness and dampness for the egg he knew was there.

~~~~~

"Hi. What's your name?" Karik asked the other dragon who was now helping him finish off the meat.

((Well i did not see it in the intro, or it a bit confusing in some places. Maybe add a timeline would clear things up a bit.))

Azera look at the group with his sisters hiding behind him. He look at them and nod his head to his sisters. "Stay here." Azera said as he kind of stagger to the group. Of course his sisters did not listen and followed him anyways. Azera reach Zia first and look at her for a bit. "H-hello." Azera said in a low pitch voice. 'Wow what a great way to make yourself look weak.' Azera thought to himself right after he said hello. So he try again "Hello, My name is Azera, and these two are my sisters, Talia and Agrea. mind me asking but who are you and where are we?" Azera asked this time without stuttering. His sisters poke their head out from behind him and look at Zia. They did not say a word, but their bellies did rumble a bit at the sight of meat. Azera look at his sisters and back to Zia. "They are hunger, do you have food to spare for them?" Azera asked.

Edited by draco8967

Zia looked down as a smaller dragon's squeak greeted her ears.

He looked nervous, and she could so two other equally nervous looking dragons behind him.

"Um. Hello. I'm Zia. It's nice to meet you all." She smiled warmly.

"There is meat, but I'm not the one in charge of this place. Zeditha is-" She said, raising one silver talon to point at said dragoness. "I haven't really talked to her very much, but she seems nice, so you should ask her where we are and if you guys can have food." She explained.

"Come on, I'll introduce you to her!" She finished happily, picking up her heavy tail and trotting over to Zeditha like a dog without waiting to see if the other hatchlings would follow.

((Let me be more specific. What does studding mean, and what language is it from?))

((censorkip.gif It put teh wrong word too.... I hate Spell check a lot. Ment Stuttering))

Edited by draco8967

Zeditha had been scraping at the ground where she hatched, and was emerging once again from her cave when Zia rushed over. Zeditha had heard enough to get an idea of what had happened, so she said, "Hello. I'm Zeditha, and I'm leader here." she said the last part proudly, and flared her fully-formed wings. "There's meat in here," she added, and began to run back towards the cave. As she did so, she flapped her wings, and found herself rising. She squeaked, and dropped the inch or so back to the ground. She bounced, but wasn't hurt. Slowly, she opened her wings again, and flapped them, strongly, getting faster. Slowly, she rose from the ground. Too surprised to say anything, she tried moving her wings and tail differently, and managed to move forwards in the air. She was flying! Finding her voice again, she let out a crow of triumph. "I'm flying!" she announced, landing slightly clumsily. "Try it!"

((Cue for Watchers to learn to fly. Watchers only, although anyone can flap a bit.))

Siren had just nudged the other egg out of the hole in the ground when he heard someone cry out: "I'm flying!" the voice said, and told the rest of them to try it.

As he looked around he noticed a few other dragons flapping their wings too, but he remembered seeing a flock of birds when he hatched and so he tried to copy their movements.

"Wh-whoa!" He said, steadily rising higher into the sky.

When he deemed himself high enough that he could see the entire group of dragons, he shakily attempted to steer and move from one direction to the other- quickly getting the hang of it.

He saw Tenebris near the ground, and suddenly a wickedly funny idea struck his mind.

He stealthily wheeled around so that he was at an angle where the younger dragon couldn't see him, then he went into a steep dive -almost like a falcon chasing prey- laughing and spiraling down all the while, then pulling up at the last second to breeze by Tenebris's head.

"Haha! Can't catch me now, can you meanie?" He taunted.

~~~~~

Zia gaped at the other dragons that were flying, utterly dumbstruck. Her wings still seemed too small for her to be able to fly.

Karik had a similar issue. When the two tried to take off like the others had, they were simply met with disappointment instead of the freedom of the wind flowing across their scales.

Finally, a bit sad and more than a little tired, both gave up and just laid down where they stood and panted like dogs.

When Karik finally caught his breath, he looked over at Zeditha;

"How come I can't fly?" He asked slowly, as if he had to think of which word he was going to use next.