Zeditha

Lost Dragon Village

Zeditha smiled as the hatchling said its name. She was about to reply, but bit it back as he spoke again... He wanted his mother. She didn't know how she knew, but she knew that their parents wouldn't be here. "None of our mamas are here," she said. "I'll take care of you, don't worry. I'm Zeditha."

((Meh, adding a new char. Look on first page for the form.))

Dianora tapped on the inside of her small place. It was getting cramped. Tap, tap, tap... Something made a sharper sound, and she squeaked. There was something on the shell now. Clawing at it, she tapped it again, and a tiny piece broke off. Pushing it away, a dim light shone through briefly, followed by a small amount of dirt. Pushing it away, Dianora forced her thin tail out through the crack, and managed to enlarge the hole as her tail became thicker nearer its base. Pulling her tail back, she poked her head out and was greeted with another shower of dirt. With another squeak, she retreated back into her egg.

"Y-you... Ze-Zedrth... Zedtha... Zeditha c-care for... Me?" Soven asked, his head no longer hiding under his wing. "Zeditha... Mama? Mama! Zeditha mama!"

Soven began to crawl out from his egg, but tripped and rolled head over heels into her. He quickly rolled back onto his feet before shaking off the dirt he had rolled in.

"Mama!" He repeated, rubbing affectionately against Zeditha.

Edited by Narath

Zeditha smiled at the cute hatchling, but shook her head sadly. "No," she said. "I'm not your mama. Your mama... has gone away. You have to find her, but she won't let you find her until you're grown up. Then she'll be proud!"

"But... But..." Soven said looking up at Zeditha with pleading eyes.

His mama was not here? She left? But why? How could she do that to him? He needed her! He needed his mama! She had to be here!

"No!" He replied stubbornly, burying his head into her side. "Mama. You are mama! You are mama!"

Edited by Narath

Sighco had grumbled to himself at Zeditha's words, digging his clawed hands into the dry dirt. He hadn't liked the answer that said he was not up to par with the other, larger hatchlings and the white hatchling turned his gaze to the ground, eyes slitted in a frown.

The distraction of another egg being found was not welcome, but, while not letting go of the previous conversation, Sighco cautiously watched this new 'Soven' attach himself to Zeditha. Flapping his small wings for a second, Sighco moved hesitantly closer to the two hatchlings, tail dragging in the dirt and gaze flicking from Zeditha to Soven.

He tilted his head, gray eyes surveying the other white dragon. He had better looking wings than Sighco and was more...feathery looking. Sighco wondered if he was going to become a 'Watcher' and felt a little irritated at the thought. He hoped this other hatchling wasn't going to be better than him or get more attention.

Zeditha smiled and shook her head. "Alright," she sighed, "But I have lots of things to do. I can't always look after you."

Hearing a tapping noise, she turned back to the egg-hole, where Dianora was emerging from her shell. "Another one," she noted. "How many of us are there going to be?" she trotted over and removed the dirt from the top of the egg. "You can come out, little one." Dianora squeaked again and cautiously poked her head out. Encountering a lack of dirt, she squirmed free of the cramped shell and clambered out of the hole. "W-Where- Where am I?" she asked, spitting out the words. She fanned her wings. They were larger than most runts', but not as big as most of the other dragons'. She turned back to Zeditha. "Wh-Who are you?"

"I'm Zeditha. What's your name?" Zeditha asked in a soothing voice.

Dianora tilted her head to one side. "D-i-a-no-ra. Dia-nora. Dianora!" she sat down, looking pleased.

Soven released a squeak of surprise as Zeditha began to walk off. Now that his 'leaning post' was gone, the little hatchling clumsily fell face first into the dirt. When he got up and saw that she had gone and dug up a round object, he chirped and ran off after her, only to hide behind her when a new hatchling popped out.

Edited by Narath

Azera simple shook his head. He turn on his small paws and started to walk away from where all the hatchlings have gather. He look over to his sister to see them trying to fly, but failing to. They simple look at each other and started to play tag, until Talia took off running, shooting dust up around her as she ran from Agrea. Azera was a little bit shocked by how fastest Talia took off from a stand point and was halfway across the cave by the time Agrea know what happen.

Zeditha turned around briefly as Soven crept up behind her. "It's OK," she said. "This is Dianora. Dianora, this is Soven. Now, Soven, stop hiding." her voice was still gentle. "Lean on Dianora for a bit." She smiled playfully, and flew off to the rock again. "Everyone, come back here. We need to be ordered, or we won't manage anything. We need to find shelter before the sun sets." she pointed to the sun: it was about halfway down the sky.

Zia smiled as the two new hatchlings emerged.

"Geo, why don't you go say hi and ask the other hatchlings if they want to come sit with us? I'll stay here and wait for you all." She said to the younger dragon, but Geo knew it was more than just a suggestion.

"Okay!" She replied and leapt off of Zia's tall head with surprising grace for a creature that was so tiny.

The small Geode dragon bounded over and finally stopped just in front of the other hatchlings.

"You guys should come and meet Zia. She's really nice, and she wants to meet you guys too! That's her over there." Geo babbled, pointing in the direction of said blue dragon.

"Do we have any idea which way to start looking?" Karik asked, towering over Zia as he came and sat down next to her.

"Come on, let's go!" She added impatiently, running behind the new white hatchling and pushing him towards Zia with her head.

When Zeditha left to the rock, Soven was very nervous. Now he was alone with a new creature.

I-it should be alright... He thought. Mama said that it's okay. I need to listen to her. Mama knows best.

"H...hello." Soven chittered, still slightly nervous. "How a..."

Soven was unable to finish his sentence however, because all of a sudden, a new hatchling appeared out of nowhere and started babbling about someone. He quickly reacted to the new creature's appearance by hiding behind his wings with a surprised squeal, but that didn't work. The hatchling had begun to just push him in the direction of other, much bigger creatures! Soven released a terrified screech, and began backpedaling as fast as his little leggs could, and though it slowed his advance, it did not halt it. Chittering in fright, he slapped the thing pushing him with his feathered tail to throw it off balance, turned, and ran straight to the hatchling Zeditha introduced him to and dove right past her and into her egg's shell.

((Hint: scaring the crap out of Soven is not really a good way to become his friend.))

Edited by Narath

((It looks really easy to scare him, too.))

Dianora watched everything curiously. As Soven dashed into her shell, she chased after. Nudging the shell, she said, "Hey. That's my shell, come out." and she poked it, so that it rocked gently.

((He's just very, very shy.))

"Bu-bu-bu-but the mean creatures..." Soven said when Dianora told him to get out.

He was going to say more, but then she began to rock the egg. The young hatchling chittered angrily at her for doing so, and stayed stubbornly where he was.

Dianora rolled her eyes. "They're not mean," she said. "No more mean than me, at least." and she wormed her tail into the egg and tickled Soven.

((I just figured it would lead to a funny reaction to do that because Geo is a very... "energetic" character and Soven seemed really shy smile.gif ))

Geo toppled over with into an unceremonious heap of tiny talons and rocky little wings, a confused expression on her face as the other hatchling turned tail and ran back into another hatchling's egg.

"Uh... Zia? Maybe you should try and ask him to come over here." Geo stated, rolling back onto her feet and trotting back towards her much larger friend.

Zia stood up and walked over to where the younger hatchlings were now gathered (Geo had somehow managed to get back on top of her head) and then laid herself flat to the ground, trying to make herself seem as small and non-threatening to the young hatchlings as possible.

With a soft smile and a kind voice, she said gently; "I'm sorry if Geo scared you guys. Would you like to come and sit with us so that you can hear what Zeditha has to say?"

Chittering with glee, Soren rolled around in the egg in a fit of giggles as Dianora tickled him with her tail. Deciding that two could play at that game, he reached out at her with his feathered tail and tickled back. As soon as he heard the new voice however, his tail quickly retracted once more and he began to chitter nervously again.

"G-g-g-go away!" Soven demended, chittering all the while. "Leave us alone!"

Dianora stopped tickling, listening to what Zia said. "Zeditha wants you to come over with Zia," she said. "Don't worry, Zia won't hurt you. She wants to take you over to Zeditha."

"Don't want to go with... Zia." Soven chittered stubbornly, though he managed to summon up enough courage to poke his head out of the egg. "You take me? Dianora take me?"

"Aw, that's not fair. I just wanted to be friends. What's your name?" Zia asked the scared little white hatchling.

She could already tell that this other hatchling would listen and come sit with the rest of the group either way. She seemed to be pretty grown up for being the youngest dragon of the bunch.

"If you like, I'll ask Siren to carry you up to Zeditha." She told him.

"Wh-who Siren?" Soven asked, still nervous. "Is that the mean one with you?"

If it was, there was no way he was trusting it. Soven thought that it scared him so bad that he molted a few of his feathers... His poor, beautiful feathers...

Dianora sniffed curiously at the fallen feathers. She picked one up in her mouth, and attempted to stick it back onto Soven. After three failed tries, she dropped it. "It won't stack back on," she complained. "So pretty..." and she collected the two feathers in her tail. "I'll take you to Zeditha. She can help."

Dianora taking him to Zeditha? That was much better than the others doing so. Leaping out of the eggshell, Soven bolted to Dianora's side and pushed himself under the protective cover of her wing. Mama was right. This one was good.

((I'm thinking that Soven will probably see Dianora as a big sister in the future.))

((Dianora is actually Zeditha's sister, although I'm not going to let them learn it xd.png So she should be more of an 'auntie' if anything xd.png))

Dianora kept her wing carefully over the little hatchling, and took a few steps towards Zeditha's rock. Stopping, she looked at Soven and asked, "Do you want to ride on my back?"

"No, this is Geo. She's not mean, she was just a little too excited to meet you. Siren is up there, next to Zeditha, see?" Zia asked, moving aside so that the little hatchling had a better view.

She couldn't help but chuckle as Dianora tried to stick Soven's feathers back on him. It was absolutely adorable!

"If Geo says she's sorry for scaring you, will you come out please?" The blue dragon asked patiently. Though she didn't really need to wait, as Soven crawled out under Dianora's wing.

"But Zia, I didn't do anything wr-" Geo started, but was gently hushed again by the blue dragon.

"What do you say? Will you come and join the rest of your family?" Zia asked at last, looking at both of the hatchlings this time.

They really were a big family, in the end. Just a bunch of baby dragons trying to look out for each other. A little band of orphans trying to figure out how to live their lives and see the next sunrise.

((I just had the "It's the hard enough life" song from Annie go through my head xd.png))