Zeditha

Lost Dragon Village

((Well, some sort of close family. I didn't exactly have my mind dead set on sister. After all, that's the fun in RPing right? You never know for sure what will happen.))

"Not coming out!" Soven chittered. "Ge-Geo mean! Scary too! Everyone's scary!"

The white hatchling snuggled up closer to Dianora's side, finding comfort in the warmth and pressure of someone familiar.

"C-can we walk there?" He asked Dianora. "I don't want to come out."

((Hey, Zeditha, you mind adding that he's stubborn as a mule? I didn't really see him as that until now really. First time playing a very child like character.))

Edited by Narath

Sighco had listened quietly to the interactions between the white hatchling, Soven, and the other hatchlings, including the new Dianora. He didn't speak up or make his presence known, only watching with a small curved frown on his face. Maybe he was feeling a little smidgen of jealousy, with the fact that Soven was getting more attention than him and was definitely more involved with the others.

(Am I just being ignored?)

Sighco wasn't trying to talk to the others or be friendly with them, which was probably why he was not being talked to. The white hatchling lifted his head and made a low sniffing sound, his small wings shuffling on his back. They caught his attention and Sighco stretched them open, searching them for a hint of a feather, for a hint of something that looked as pretty as the things on Soven's wings. They were bare, however, and Sighco thought for a moment that they were rather ugly.

(Maybe it's because Soven looks better than me. He has better wings, after all.)

Blinking his gray eyes slowly, Sighco angled his head around to stare at the other white hatchling, who was up close to Dianora's side. Maybe he could go talk to him, ask him why his wings looked better? It seemed like a good plan, but Sighco had seen how Soven reacted when Geo bounded over. It probably wouldn't be a good idea to just barge over to him; Sighco was certain he wouldn't want somebody to do the same to him.

So Sighco continued to stay seated, watching the other white hatchling and waiting for an opportunity to talk to him.

Karik turned and looked over his shoulder at the little congregation.

"Guys, come on. We don't have all day, and we still need to figure out what we're going to do from here. So come closer and listen to Zeditha." The dusky purple hatchling snorted, but more out of impatience than annoyance.

He just wasn't a fan of all the high-pitched squeaking coming from that general direction.

Zia sighed and nodded, standing back up and dusting off her silvery belly, then looked around the area briefly.

She heard a sniffing noise, almost like someone was crying, and turned to the original white hatchling- Sighco.

"Sighco? Are you okay?" The motherly dragon asked, walking over and sitting down next to the lighter-scaled hatchling.

Dianora smiled, and began to walk over to Zeditha's rock, wing open. She made sure to keep her pace slow and steady, so Soven could keep up.

((Dianora is a late-hatching Hunter. Almost a Runt, but not quite. That's why she's acting a little more grown-up than the other Runts.

Anyone can make a late-hatching nearly-runt, or a nearly-Warrior xd.png

Narath, I'll go add that now.))

Sighco blinked up at Zia, flicking his tail against the ground. The white hatchling gave an answer quickly, his speaking becoming less filled with stuttering and more smooth.

"I'm fine, it's alright."

He stood up, wings shifting on his back, and glanced over to where Zeditha was. Looking back to Zia, Sighco gestured with one of his clawed hands to the darker colored hatchling before speaking again.

"I was j-just going to go hear what Zeditha has to s-say."

Azera came over and sat down quietly near Zia and Sighco. "You think you can get those two over there to stop messing around for like 10 minutes. They are going to burn-"Azera nod over to his sister and than notices one of them was on a rock the other could not get up. "You know what never mind."

Soven stuck as close to Dianora's side as she began to move, still very shy and weary of the other dragons as they moved. Though he had calmed down a bit from the little terror, he was still a bit jumpy from all the attention.

Dianora sat down in front of the rock. "Mind if I swap wings?" she asked the little hatchling. Without waiting for an answer, she furled her aching wing and moved to the hatchling's other side, covering him with the other wing. She looked expectantly up at Zeditha.

Zeditha is waiting for everyone else to come...

Zia looked down at the other hatchlings, winding her tail somewhat protectively in a loose crescent shape around the little hatchling. Then she turned to where Azera had gestured.

"We should probably get them anyways. Zeditha still needs to speak with all of us." She replied, but Geo bounced about on top of her head.

"I'll tell them!" The little dragon announced, sliding down Zia's armor plated back like a bumpy roller coaster ride and then somehow landing on her talons with relative ease.

The energetic hatchling bounded over to the other hatchlings once more, but contained herself enough to know that this time she shouldn't push dragon people.

"Zeditha needs to talk to everyone. You should come with me and sit by Zia and that other guy that looks kind of like you two, but with brighter colors." Geo explained, then turned tail and scurried back to her large blue friend and her small white one, laying down between Sighco and Zia's tail-shield with her tail curled around her claws.

((Bump. My characters are waiting on other people. I updated the first page, there's a new character xd.png))

((I could not find this for the life of me))

Agrea and Talia stop their playing around and ran back to the remaining group and sat behind Azera, even though they could not see over him, they felt safe there. Azera look at his sister than back to Geo. "Thank you, Geo." Azera said as he turn his attention back to the leader.

((If you hit the "subscribe to topic" button, it emails you when there's been a new post and gives you a link to the forum.))

(Sorry. I was going to post yesterday, but I accidentally deleted few hundred worth of writing and I got so mad sad.gif I'll try to post later today or tmw)

((We may be getting a new character soon, a friend from another forum has joined and I think she'll like this RP. We should get some activity in not too long.))

Zeditha sighed and drifted down off the rock. "What's the hold up?" she whined.

Dianora nuzzled the small hatchling gently, relaxing her wing so she didn't get tired. It was light, like a blanket. "You okay there?" she asked.

The white hatchling was starting to feel something that he could only call 'hunger', a word that he could just barely think of. His stomach, while not making any sounds yet, was starting to drag at his attention and Sighco felt uncomfortable just sitting around listening to the others get organized. After a moment of mulling over his options, the white hatchling moved around Zia's large tail and towards the rock and Zeditha. He tried not to draw the attention of the group of hatchlings, keeping his head low and steps quick until he was closer to the older winged black hatchling. Tilting his head to the side, Sighco cleared his throat before addressing Zeditha.

"C-can we hurry up? I-i think that I'm h-hungry."

Zeditha smiled kindly at the little hatchling. "Well, I was waiting for everyone to be ready... So follow me. Let's get you some food." She stretched out a wing, and took a few steps towards the cave entrance.

((Kinda waiting on everyone to sit down nicely. We haven't got to the proper start yet... >.< Narath! Where are you?!?!?!))

Sighco nodded his head, swishing his tail in the dirt before following after Zeditha. His eyes were drawn to the other hatchlings wings and, for just a second, narrowed in jealousy. He quickly averted his gaze however, turning his head to look over at the cave's entrance. After a moment of silence, the hatchling cleared his throat with a low mewing sound and glanced at Zeditha.

"W-what does the f-food look like? Is...is it good?"

"It's fine," smiled Zeditha. She hesitated briefly. She was, like all the others, only a few minutes old: yet she seemed much older. With a slight sigh, she headed towards the roasted meat in the cave and took a small bite. "Here it is," she said, gesturing for the smaller dragon to eat as well. She took only tiny bites: she had already eaten her fill.

The white hatchling tilted his head as he absentmindedly thought of what food was or how it would taste like; supposedly good, he concluded, as Zeditha did say that it was 'fine', but what color was it? What shape?

He didn't have long to mull over those thoughts, however, as the thing that the larger hatchling had lead him to inside the cave was emitting a rather interesting scent. Sighco took a deep breath of air, pondering over the smell and scanning the large thing with his dark eyes. He took a few steps forward until he was right in front of it, lips curling up as he decided that the blackened thing did not look very...appealing. However, the sight of Zeditha taking a bite of it made up his mind for him. Without hesitation, the white hatchling ducked his head down and dug his small teeth in before tugging a piece free.

What he had gotten was mostly charred hide, not particular tasty, but Sighco stubbornly tried to 'chew' it up; his teeth were not designed for chewing, however, and, after a second of opening and closing his mouth comically, he tilted his head up and tried to swallow it whole. It surprised him when that worked and, after licking his lips and scanning the blacked food again, he took a few more bites, using his hands to anchor larger pieces so that he could rip them up.

Sighco was a small dragon, so it didn't take long for him to fill (and possibly overfill) his belly. Once he felt that he was done, Sighco backed a few feet away from the food, licking his lips a few times to catch anything he missed. Glancing over at Zeditha, he gave her a small nod.

"T-that was...definitely good. W-why doesn't e-everyone else come eat?"

Zeditha shrugged. "Maybe they've already eaten? Either that or they aren't hungry, but I certainly was when I hatched. Come on, let's go back. The others will be waiting." She began to walk slowly back out of the cave, pausing at the entrance so the little dragon could catch up.