Zeditha

Lost Dragon Village

((Hatch. You're buried, so just crack your egg open and get out of the earth. Simple as.))

Zeditha sat back, smugly. "I'm leader." Looking around, she noticed Musa, and she heard more scratching from the place Tenebris had come up. She decided to try to dig the newcomer out, too.

((Sorry I saw your dragons were fighting and I got RPs mixed up in my head lol))

Zia pushed her slender arms and sharp tipped claws as hard as she could against the barrier that was holding her in such a cramped position.

She tried to move her head- discovering her horns as a small sliver of light made itself known.

A bit more thrashing about and she also made friends with her shield-like tail and a little more sunlight from the much larger series of cracks it made.

"Why is it so hard to get out of here?" She wondered impatiently, smashing her ram-like horns against the top of her prison once more.

She could hear others above her, but she couldn't make out what they were doing or saying.

Tenebris released a low growling grumble as he got up when Zeditha got off of him. One day he'd beat her. He wouldn't do it to be leader, just for practice or something, but he was determined to beat her one day. Until then though, he'd have to practice. And try to remember to keep away from her tail. It was painful. That would be difficult for him though, since the darn thing was long and thin, kind of like... like rope, or string. Tenebris wasn't really sure what those were but he felt that the description fit. That aside, it looked like something that would be fun to play with to him.

"What is Zeditha doing?" Tenebris asked, his head tilted in puzzlement as she began to just walk off.

((I just realized that Tenebris is like a big, red, scaly cat xd.png ))

Edited by Narath

Musa had watched the whole fight with interest. She cleared her throst again and repeated herself. "I- I said... Who are you?" she spoke angrily, stomping a hoof. She was impatient, that was sure. She flapped her wings in anger, waiting for a reply.

But then she noticed a slight rumble in the ground below. The dirt began to shudder. I wonder if it another dragon? she thought before racing over. She began to scoop out the dirt with her hooves.

There was more tromping around above her head, but this time it sounded closer.

Like, a lot closer.

Directly above her head in fact. She could hear the dirt shifting about around outside and thrashed at her eggshell with a new zeal.

Finally, enough of the egg gave way that should Zia could poke her head out, her royal blue and the deep silver swirls in her scales glimmering in the light of the sky.

Imagine her surprise when she came face to face with another... dragon? horse? She didn't know what those were exactly but somehow... it's like she had already known them too.

"Um. Hi." She spoke aloud, jumping slightly at hearing her own voice for the first time.

A sudden and angry sounding stomp caused Tenebris' gaze to snap quickly away from Zeditha, to find that the purple dragon from earlier was speaking up. He was about to answer when she suddenly rushed over to the spot that Zeditha had originally been heading.

"I am Tenebris." He stated, walking up to sit next to the purple hatchling as she dug. "What are you doing?"

His question soon answered itself as a deep blue colored head popped up from beneath the earth, startling him for a moment. Crouching down, Tenebris extended his neck and sniffed at the newcomer. For some reason, it just seemed best to familiarize himself with everyone's scents. The reason would probably present itself later, so Teneris just trusted his instincts.

"I am Tenebris." He repeated to the blue hatchling after memorizing her scent. "Who are you?"

((Dang it, I've been sniped. Hold on a sec please.

Edit: There we go, all better.))

Edited by Narath

"My name?" She asked, pondering for a bit.

She tried to remember things that had happened to her inside the oval that she was still mostly inside of. She looked pretty funny, what with just being a head sticking out of an old eggshell.

She was still thinking as she broke open the egg a little bit more a clawed her way out-

soft earth meeting soft silver talons for the very first time.

A memory came back to her... It sounded like a deep voice. Then there was a lighter voice, more high pitched.

"We need to name her before we bury her Calimvir." The lighter voice stated.

"I know Valara... Let's call her Ziamliana, after my mother."

"That's much too long!" The higher voice cried, a teasing tone to her voice as she added; "Let's just call her Zia..."

"My name... My name is Zia." She finally concluded with a smile. Her heavy tail was still stuck inside her egg but she didn't care. She was much too pleased with having figured out her own name to notice.

"Who are you all?"

((Sorry for taking so long to reply I had to go to dinner))

""Who are you all?"

"I'm... Musa?" She spoke in a confused and yet straight point. She backed off from where she was digging. "Uh.. May-maybe there are more of us under?" Musa suggested with a slight shrug of her shoulders. And wondered around, scraping at the earth aimlessly.

"Zia." Tenebris parroted. "That is a nice name.

"The black one there is Zeditha. She's nice, but tough. She's the leader.

"Also, I suggest staying away from her tail. It's fun to play with, but it sometimes has pointy things on it that hurt."

Tenebris rubbed his muzzle as he recalled the part of the fight where he bit Zeditha's tail. His tongue and gums still stung from when she extended the barbs.

"I have a thing on my tail too! I couldn't see it when it was dark though. Is it spiky too?" She asked, yanking with all her newly found muscles until her tail popped out and she tumbled a short distance from the sudden lack of resistance.

She held the metallic silver shield up in the light.

"What's it for? It doesn't look like very much fun to play with. And it's really heavy too!" She exclaimed and let it plop to the dirt.

She looked at the other dragons.

"So, now what do we do?" She asked.

Tenebris looked at the strangely shaped thing on the end of Kia's tail in curiousity, circling around her to look at it from different angles. After she just let it flop onto the ground, Tenebris approached it and reached out tentetively with his paw to touch it. As his paw met it's surface, Tenebris could tell that it was harder, denser, and smoother than normal scales. Pulling his paw across it's surface, his small claws scraped over it, but they did nothing to damage to object.

"It is definitely strange." He commented. "Maybe it's for protection?"

Zia peered at it again.

"Maybe. But it feels too heavy to be of any use. Maybe it's for sliding! Or carrying things!" The young halfbreed exclaimed, not realizing that it was her very genes that made the tail seem so heavy.

She had her father's physical appearance- the scales and body, that is- but she had inherited her mother's royal blue coloring with silver patterns that had somehow not been darkened or dulled by the spell cast over she and the other eggs.

The average Guardian dragon hatchling could us their tail as if it were nothing, and weighed as light as a feather-

But halfbreed dragons like Zia were often found to lack some of the muscle mass of the tank-like Guardians and therefore had more difficulty with the armor.

"Let's find out!" She exclaimed once more, running over to a tiny mound of dirt not far from the other hatchlings and trying to slide down while sitting on her tail.

"WEEEEEE!!!!!" Her laughter filled the air as she came down the small hill and did another tumble roll, her tail almost automatically moving to protect her fragile wings.

"Hey, maybe this thing is fun to play with after all!" She said between bouts of giggles, one silvery paw covering her snout to try and stifle them slightly.

Edited by makenziec123

Zeditha grinned, then stood up. "Eat," she said suddenly. "Everyone. Follow me." she walked back into her cave, and indicated the corpse. "Eat," she said again, demonstrating.

Curious, Zia hopped up off of her tail shield and dragged it over to where Zeditha was.

She sniffed it, then scratched at it lightly with her semi-soft claws.

"What is it?" She asked, looking up at the apparent leader of their group.

"I don't know," admitted Zeditha, shrugging, "But it's edible." she took another bite, to show them, then wandered over to a hole in one corner. "I hatched here," she said, fishing around. She emerged holding a piece of eggshell; it was black, but patterned with delicate swirls and speckles of dark purple, blue, and maroon. From close up, her scales had the sane patterns.

"How come you weren't buried with the rest of us? Wouldn't it have been safer if your parents had buried you there?" She asked.

((Sorry for short post I gotta go to school. Also- can all dragons fly if they have wings, breathe fire, etc? Once they grow up a bit more, anyways.))

Edited by makenziec123

((Sure. If you want your character to fly, they can. But higher ranks always develop abilities, including flight, first.))

Zeditha shrugged again, and bent her head to lick the inside of her shell. "I don't know much more about this than you," she said, between licks. "But I ate when I hatched, and I think you should all eat too."

"Okay." She replied simply, returning her attention to the thing on the ground before her that was apparently food.

Almost timidly, she pulled a small scrap of meat away from the carcass. It tasted strange and easily got stuck between her tiny fangs, but she liked the coppery taste it had.

"Huh. Are there more of these thingies around here?" She asked, turning her nose to the ground like a tracking dog without waiting for a response.

She followed a sweet smell over to a nearby patch of brush by the mouth of the hole they had dug themselves out of. It had hundreds of long, leafy tendrils and strange little powdery yellow spots on the bottom.

"This smells good! I'll call it a... fern? Yeah, that sounds like a good name for it." The little hatchling smiled and took a bite of the plant, stripping away the leaves from the stalk of the plant rather than biting through it like a horse would do, thereby leaving the plant to grow back more quickly.

"Wow! Here, try some!" She exclaimed, gripping the base of a few especially leafy stalks and running back over to Zeditha.

"Try it! Try it!" She implored, offering the purple dragon a leafy pawful of the plant.

((I hope no one mind, but I'm doing to do at the beginning a subplot for my characters.))

1 month Ago

"Serra! We need to go. Now." A male Voice was heard from the distances. Roar of creatures was heard, faintly. "Sorry, Marc. I'm digging as fast as I can go, but it hard when you have huge rocks in the way." Serra had a snap in her voice. She made the hole big enough to hold three eggs in. She whispered the name of each of her children, and place the carefully in the hole. On the last egg, she whispered "Azera. Protect your sisters from harm, and protect the village," and place the different of the three eggs in the triangle patter. She push dirt over the eggs and went to help the other dragon buy time for their leader to cast her spell. "Marc. And I named the oldest Azera, from your father." Serra yelled to Marc as they fought to hold off whatever was attacking the Village of dragons. "Thank you, and I love you Serra, and I will see you in the afterlife." Marc said as they both charge into the fight.

Now

Azera open his eyes to the darkness of his shell. He could hear the heartbeat of his sisters next to his shell. The safety of the egg have become smaller, and have start to cause him pain and lack of room to move. He press his paw against the hard shell that protect him, as it started to crack against the presser. He press harder against the Egg and than loosely pack dirt started to flow into his egg from the small hole he made. Azera pushed as far back as he could, and ram into the wall of the hard egg and it shatter, letting the dirt to spill into the egg. For a moment he started to panic, until he saw the some light from the cave he sat in. He press his feet against the small amount of dirt that have build up in his egg, and used it as leverage. He pushed with all his might against the top of the egg and it broke apart from the rest of the egg, sending the top of the egg down a small hill, following a small trail left by someone. He took his small, soft, claws and dug into the ground, as he started to pull himself out. The cool air felt good against his hot body and he flatten himself against the ground to caught his breath. He look back at the hole that he came out of and saw two eggs that did not look like his own, yet some how know, that they were going to hatch here soon, revealing his sisters. Azera went to close to the edge of the hill, as the dirt push away from the ground below him. He fell down the slope, and that was soon followed by his sisters eggs coming pluming down towards him. When he turn to see the eggs come at him, he gasp, as one egg hit him, shattering the egg, and trowing Talia out of her egg. Her eyes snap open when that happen as she slide a bit across the cold ground. She saw the other egg going right to the group of hatchlings not far from her and she jump to her feet and ran full force, in front of the egg, trying to stop it. It hit her with a impact like her egg did against Azera, and it too shatter as if it was ready to break. Both her and the newly release Agrea tumbled together, just feet from the group, both getting covered in dirt. Azera manage to Shake himself a bit and kind of stagger a bit, before regaining his strength. He look at Agrea and Talia, and kind of smiled. The two night-time drakes look at the group and kind of scattered behind Azera, as if they hope he would protect them. Azera look at the group leader, hard, not approaching the group, nor backing down. He stood there, as if he was a wall.

Edited by draco8967

Musa followed the leader to the body. She wrinked her little snout as she sniffed it. "Hey... it looks like a dragon?" she inquired in a hushed tone as a hatchling ate it. She wouldn't eat it until she knew what it was. After all, she could be eating a hatchling the same age as her!

The little horse left the body in search of some new food. She could only see rocks and ruins, but eventually she found the dead body of a rabbit. How did that get there? she thought as she bit down on the rodent's leg. She began to drag it towards the group.

"Found this," she announced, before taking a step over the body, indicated it was hers, and she wasn't going to share. Musa examined the damaged body to see a large footprint against its neck. Someone or thing has squashed the life out of the creature. At least its better than the strange thingy before, she added as she took a bite from the side. She watched the other hatchling with the leaves as she chewed.

The taste was fine, foresty and good, although it did have an aftertaste of something sour. However she was feeling hungry after the first few events of her life before digging in again.

((By the way, the village was burned. Any ferns won't last long. Also, draco, sorry but all the eggs were buried long before the fight, and espescially any Watchers will have been buried years before the fight that happened about a month ago. I did think that was somewhat clear: the leader's spell was cast once a month and it caused the hatchlings to stay in their eggs. Also, only one egg (or maybe two) per clutch will have been buried. They can still be siblings, but from different clutches. Also everyone, dragons are meant to be carnivorous, or at least mainly carnivorous.))

Zeditha thoughtfully took a small amount of the green stuff between her teeth. It had a strange smell. Crunching it between her sharp, meat-stripping teeth, it released an even strager taste. Swallowing it, she decided she wouldn't eat it unless she had to. "I don't like it," she said simply, and went back to licking her shell. When it was clean, she walked over to the meat and grabbed a large mouthful before heading back out, where more dragons were emerging

((Any warriors or hunters can hatch now. By the way, the body in the cave would be far too large to be a hatchling, and too charred to recognise.))

((Sorry about that. I can edit it if you want? I can be a bit dense XP

Also, did you see my PM Zeditha?))

Zia just shrugged and dropped the sweet plant near a pile of what once might have been another plant, but was now charred and mostly brown instead of green like the leafy little fern had been.

"Are there any others buried? How did we get here? Why is everything black and grey? Where are our parents?" Zia asked, suddenly feeling a bout of childish curiosity. Once she realized she had spoken her questions aloud though, she snapped her little jaws shut to make sure no more sounds came out.

She heard more scratching and small chirping noises coming from the hole where she had hatched.

"Guys, I think I can hear someone!" The little warrior exclaimed.

((I'll edit this once my other charries get approved so that they have an opening to join the story smile.gif ))

((It's ok, everyone makes mistakes. Just keep in mind the setting: one month of new growth, nothing more. But we still wouldn't know about their parents. We don't know about anything before we hatched, except that we were in eggs and that it was a long time.))

Zeditha smiled at Zia's questions. "I think there are more of us buried," she answered, "And we got here because, it seems, we hatched here. I think we must have been buried a long time ago... It seems a long time I was in that egg..." she sat in thought for a moment, then shook her head. "The sky isn't black," she pointed out, "And neither are those tall plants over there." she indicated the trees of the surrounding forest, untouched by the flames because of a gap between the village and the forest. She lifted her nose, ignoring the sounds. There were more things to eat there, and they smelled different somehow than the thing she had eaten before. It seemed like it had been in fire, while the things she could smell seemed like they were alive still.

((Wait ~ only Watchers have meant to have hatched yet. I'll going to add your new characters as soon as they're approved, but I'll swap the ranks around if that's OK.))

((I could add a part of my post and be sneaky :3 I could make the Watcher have already hatched without the others noticing and he's just hiding somewhere?))

((That would be fine - in fact, when I tried this RP on a different site, one character's egg had rolled partway into the forest before it hatched. So of course, that's fine, hatch prety much wherever you like.))