Zeditha

Lost Dragon Village

There was an island, and on the island a forest, and in the forest a village, a village burnt and torn...

Kalicetha woke, and madly checked her eggs. They were safe, but that helped her fears little. She knew her dream would soon be true. She buried one egg at the back of the nursery, in the hope that it may survive. She never told anyone of her dream.

A moon later, silent invaders slipped into the village while the dragons slept. They stole hatchlings and some eggs, slaughtered everyone who could fight and smashed any remaining eggs. They left the village as dead bodies inside burning buildings.

But there was still hope for the village. The dragons had buried eggs in a deep hole, and their leader had cast a spell every new moon which kept them under the earth. It also strengthened the hatchlings inside, so that they would not need care to survive. As a side effect, it darkened their scales.

One egg was buried separately, deep in the leader's den. This egg would be the new leader of the village.

The dragons made sure the eggs would hatch, and were strong enough to survive. But from there, there's nothing they can do.

Could you survive, and discover what happened?

rules ~ no being nasty ~ if you have a Watcher, have a Runt too (see below for ranks) ~ only one Watcher per person, and 5 in total ~ obey what your superiors say ~ don't be over-powerful ~

Ranks~

Leader (one only) {max 5 powers} ~ The leader of the village.

Watchers (5 max) {max 3 powers} ~ The Watchers help organise the other dragons, like deputies.

Warriors/Hunters (No limit) {max 1 power} The main force of the village, the Warriors are strong, and fight and defend the village, and the Hunters are swift and gather food. All will fight if the camp is attacked.

Runts (No limit) {no powers} These dragons are smaller, and haven't grown as strong from the magic. They will be cared for by a Warrior.

Higher ranks hatch first, and are a darker colour. Ranks are finally determined by the leader.

Setting

You hatch buried in the middle of a sandy-floored clearing. A large rock looms over you, with a cave in its side. Many piles of ash and charred branches are all that remain of the dragons' homes, with the roasted dragons buried inside. This will be all you have to eat until you learn to hunt in the surrounding forest. There are a few ferns uncurling from the ground nearer the forest, but very little. Certainly no room for vegetarians.

The forest shouldn't need much explaining: it's a forest. There is a small clearing in the forest, where many flowers grow, but the island will remain largely unexplored until the hatchlings are a bit older. I will describe as we go: my character will lead all explorations.

Form~

Name: 
Powers: (see ranks section)
Other: 

Have fun! PM character forms.

Accepted forms...

Zeditha

Name: Zeditha

Appearance: She is almost pure black in colour, with a splash of dark purple over her nose that may have originally been white. Her tail is long and whiplike, and she has scaly ears rather than any horns. She will hatch with soft claws, but they will harden quickly. Her tail has tiny barbs at the end, filled with poison. The poison's potency will increase as she grows and as she eats more poisonous things, such as nettles. The barbs can be hidden, allowing normal tail use without stinging someone every time she pokes them.

Powers: Speed and agility, can work the egg-magic (probably won't be used xd.png), ability to sense what rank a dragon should be, can shadow-teleport, can use something similar to mild telepathy to keep her subjects loyal. (Isn't too powerful though, it's still possible to break away from it, espescially when she's a hatchling and inexperienced.)

Other: she's playful, but strict. I'll RP out the rest of personality.

Name: Dianora

Appearance: Her scales are a deep blue, layered with startling red and white triangles. She is a younger sister of Zeditha, and so has similar shape, and also has the tail-barbs, but they're far weaker than her sister's.

Powers: A tiny amount of telepathy. She'll only be able to connect with dragons she knows very well, and she'll be able to speak to her sister fairly easily.

Other: She's a bit more timid than Zeditha. I won't let them know they're sisters, although they'll be friends. She's a bit less powerful than most Warriors and Hunters, but slightly stronger than a Runt. She's quite small, so may be mistaken for a Runt at first.

Narath

Name: Tenebris

Appearance: Tenebris's scales are a deep red, only growing lighter on his less armored underside and wings. He has two horns sprouting from the back of his head, whisch are also red, but are darker than his scales. The dragon also has two horns that go along the center of his muzzle, and spines that lead all the way to the and of his spear tipped tail, all the same dark red as the horns. Spiked protrusions of the same color also extend from his elbows, and his knees.

Powers: Fire breath, immune to fire, accelerated healing.

Other: very protective, kind, sometimes stern, unterstanding, just, can be quick tempered at times.

Name: Soven

Appearance: same as a white DC dragon but has feathers on his head crest and at the end of his tail instead of just on his wings.

Powers: (see ranks section)

Other: shy, kind, curious, timid. Also stubborn as a mule at times.

Tiga

Name: Musa

Appearance: user posted image

Her scales are a deep shade of purple. Musa is a harden horse dragon, tough and fast, she only wants to do her job and rank. She hatched earlier than her sister by a lot of time, and is a higher rank than her. Musa is seen rejecting her sister, often acting like Suni isn't related to her.

Powers: Extra stamina. Musa can run in a steady pace for just over an hour.

Other: She is sister to Suni.

Name: Suni

Suni is a weak sunset runt of the group. Sister to the Watcher Musa, she is often seen trying to cling to her. She wants to be noticed by her sister, but Musa simply ignores her. Suni is often glum, and due to that she will snap out.

Powers: Nothing

Other: She is sister to Musa.

makenziec123

Name: Ziamliana (Zia)

Appearance: She is half Royal Blue and half Guardian Dragon, so she has Royal Blue colors/patterning and Guardian physical appearance. Ex: Instead of light blue her scales are royal blue and were made even darker by the spell.

Powers: She heals extremely quickly

Other: She is quiet, kind, and smart, but if you attack her or her friends/family you won't live to see the next day.

Name: Karik

Appearance: He is an especially darkly colored Brute Dragon, thanks to the spell that was cast over all of them.

Powers: He can camouflage himself completely with ease- like a chameleon.

Other: He looks to Zeditha as the overall leader, but since Zia hatched before him he considers her something like a "superior officer". He is extremely loyal and rule abiding, like a little soldier.

Name: Siren

Appearance: He is a Howler Dragon with glittering black scales, burnt orange wingtips and crimson red spots like false eyes on his wings.

Powers: He heals quickly, can see and hear from great distances very well, and can emit super sonic sounds along with the usual Howler noises

Other: He is very talkitive and somewhat flirtations right out of the egg. Because of his great hearing, he was able to hear everything going on outside of his eggshell the entire time, so he knows a few more details of what was going on as they were all buried and then again while they were hatching.

Name: Geo

Appearance: female geode dragon, but instead of purple gems inside her wings she has dark rubies, and the spell made her rocky scales almost black. She is also much smaller than most other Geodes and other dragons in general.

Powers: none

Other: none

draco8967

Name: Azera

Powers: Harden Scales-These scales are Harden to with stand some more punishment, than normal hatchling scales.

Other: is the older brother of Talia and Agrea

Name: Talia

Appearance: user posted image she is darker than most night time drake, so she can be hidden in the shadow.

Powers:

Ghost Vanish- This power let her turn invisible for a brief amount of time, covering both her smell and body.

Other: is the second old in the trio, and is sister with Azera and Agrea

incredible speed- This a quicken pace run for her to caught prey and out withe her enemy as well. (Not a power, letting people know she a quick little hatchling)

Name: Agrea

Appearance: user posted image She have a odd glimmer to her scales which can seem to be reflective.

Powers:

Nightly Wind- This power let heal anyone near her and herself, perfectly, when night fall happens, Useless in daytime.

Other: is sister with Azera and Talia

Heighten scenes- This affect all her scenes to make them incredibly sharp, very useful in a hunter. (Not really a power, just want to let people know she have heighten scenes.)

GreatDragon

Username: GreatDragon

Name: Sighco

Appearance: Sighco is a long, slender dragon. While small in height, his body structure is lengthy, starting at the tip of his sharp snout to his tapered tail. He has a bird-like face and dark grey cat-like eyes. Soft white scales cover his body, though his belly, neck, and throat scales are of a creamier color. He has tiny wings that hold flexible feathers. These fall out frequently and, if all the feathers are gone, Sighco's wings look like a naked chickens wings. He has five pale clawed fingers, with one being a thumb, and his feet have four clawed toes, with one being a thumb. His head has two pairs of small horns, sharp and straight. His ears are basically holes in the sides of his head and are located slightly behind his horns. Sighco has a long, flexible neck and most of his teeth fit together nicely when his mouth is closed. His two top front fangs, however, poke out under his lips, as they are a little larger than the others and do not fit in his mouth fully. Sighco has a long tongue, pale pink in color, and it ends in a rounded tip.

Powers: Absolutely none!

Other: Personality to be RP’d.

-Sighco is ambidextrous, able to use both his hands with equal strength, and has prehensile feet (meaning that he can use both his hands and feet).

-Sighco has a light voice, balancing with a masculine and feminine tone.

j2001

Message Forwarded From j2001

Name: Nova

Appearance: user posted image Nova is a quite small, but fast and muscular nebula dragon. Her body entire body is dark navy excluding her constantly glowing blue wings, glowing star-like patterns, and her tail. Nova has fiery blue eyes which seem to glow dimly at night too. Her tails are brush-like as there is a clump of fur at the end of her tail. Her ears are very pointy, but they are furry and soft. Nova's entire body is a covered in mixture of soft fur and scales.

Powers: Nova can manipulate light and water vapors to make complex illusions for a short amount of time. She can also breath harmful poisons, and lastly, she have perfect night vision which makes her eyesight at night as good as at day.

Other: Nova treats everyone as equals. Even though she is a watcher herself, she feels that having more power and being born early doesn't make anyone more special. She despises dragons who look down to others because of so-called ranks. Nova still obeys Zeditha, but quite reluctantly. But she is not unhappy with Zeditha as long as she keeps her orders within the "boundary line".

Name: Alpha

Appearance: user posted imageAlpha is a bulky and brusque male hell-fire wyvern. Instead of red markings on reddish brown skin, he has deep purple markings on bloody brown skin. His skins are very rough and hot, which can cause some damages to young and weak runts just by touching them, but not to higher ranked dragons. Alpha's tails are extremely thick and powerful and his claws are sharp as daggers.

Powers: Extremly thick pelts that can be penetrated by almost nothing

Other: Alpha is a impulsive and ambitious young male. He dreams to be the leader of all dragons one day, or at least a strong and trusted leader in the warriors/hunter group. But Alpha is very attracted to Zeditha because of her amazing powers. He pities runts for not having any kind of special powers. Alpha also hates the old dragon leader for not making him the leader or at least a watcher, but he tries to be seem like a modest and calm dragon to get good reputations. For some weird reason, he likes his claws sharp, so he hone them every morning. He can also breathe fire since he is a hell-fire dragon.

Name: Shine

Appearance: user posted imageShine is a small grey dragon. Her entire body is generally grey with black horns, fins, hands, and tip of the tail. Shine's fin run down her spine from neck to end of the tail. There is a black pointy spade-shaped tip at the end of the tail. Her black claws are semi-long, but her hands are quite small. Shine's wings are biggest part in her body. Shine has a pair of giant wings on her back, which makes her feel little better

Powers: None

Other: Shine's giant wings make her fly very well, but not super fast like some other dragons with powers. She can maneuver in the air much better than normal and non-special dragons. When Shine was first hatched, she never knew anything about powers and ranks. She named herself "Shine" because she wanted to shine and stand out in the crowd. But when she figured out she was only a runt without any powers, she became very timid and reserved dragon.

Edited by Zeditha

okay!

well, the ranks are determined by different things, so I'll start with what they are.

Leader is obvious: that's me, but I hatch first and I'm the most powerful. The leader has been buried longest.

Watchers are kinda like deputies, but I wanted more than one.

Warriors and Hunters are the main body of dragons. Warriors are strong and they fight and defend the others. Hunters are swift and agile, and gather food.

Runts are the smallest dragons. They haven't been buried for as long, and their colours haven't changed. They're weaker and will be protected by a Warrior, much in the manner of an apprentice.

Ranks are determined by different things.

1) When you hatch: higher ranks hatch first.

2) Your colour: This won't tell a warrior from a hunter, but higher ranks are darker because they've been buried longer.

3) When we're hatched, My character will call everyone together and tell each hatchling individually what rank they are. This is the ultimate decider.

I hope that clears it up, and that the RP can be approved soon so we can RP!

okay!

well, the ranks are determined by different things, so I'll start with what they are.

Leader is obvious: that's me, but I hatch first and I'm the most powerful. The leader has been buried longest.

Watchers are kinda like deputies, but I wanted more than one.

Warriors and Hunters are the main body of dragons. Warriors are strong and they fight and defend the others. Hunters are swift and agile, and gather food.

Runts are the smallest dragons. They haven't been buried for as long, and their colours haven't changed. They're weaker and will be protected by a Warrior, much in the manner of an apprentice.

Ranks are determined by different things.

1) When you hatch: higher ranks hatch first.

2) Your colour: This won't tell a warrior from a hunter, but higher ranks are darker because they've been buried longer.

3) When we're hatched, My character will call everyone together and tell each hatchling individually what rank they are. This is the ultimate decider.

I hope that clears it up, and that the RP can be approved soon so we can RP!

You should add that to the OP.

No, your RP is not accepted if it's still in the unapproved section. You will know it's approved once it is in the Other Section or in the Dragon RP section.

Speaking of which, I have a question.

Why was the village attacked? Who attacked? What made the village a target? What did the mother mentioned at the beginning of the plot dream about? You need to explain these.

Edited by Doctortear

The point is that it's a mystery.

Who could know what the attackers were like if nobody who saw them survived? How could anyone know their motives?

It's obvious that the dragon dreamed of the attack on the village, I thought that was fairly obvious, as she knew her dream would come true and she was terrified of it.

But still, the story has in it exactly what I intend to be known.

I'm sorry I haven't exactly answered your questions, but I hope that makes the underlying dark tone of this RP more obvious.

Maybe you didn't understand the point if my question. By asking what the mother dreamed of, I'm telling you to elaborate on it. Describe the mother's dream to us. Explain why she had the dream. Was she the leader of the village? Perhaps a seer? Why did she believe her dream and not just shrug it off? What made the rest of the village so eager to believe her dream as well? You need to explain this. While you can hide some things, you can't just expect us to believe a series of coincidences.

With that said, you also need to add that village was attacked for unknown reasons. If you're not going to bother to explain why it was attacked, then you need to, at the very least, let us know that it is suppose to be a mystery and not something you forgot to mention.

Edited by Doctortear

Okay. Now I'm faced with a choice: Drop this RP, or edit it so that it loses its intelligent significance. What would you suggest?

Well first off, I am rather offended by that comment. I am trying to help you get accepted and you are being quite rude. If you're going to be rude to someone who is just trying to help, then you should drop the RP because no one will want to join this if you're just going to be crude.

You need to explain the mother's dream. Who is she, why did she have the dream, why did the entire village believe her so easily?

You don't need to explain why they were attacked, but you do need to inform us that we're suppose to find out. With what you have so far, I honestly cannot tell what the plot is. What are we suppose to do when we hatch? You need to give us something to do. The hatchlings can't just mindlessly wander around.

I am not telling you to chance a lot. I'm merely asking you to explain everything that needs an explanation. This is coming from someone who has gotten four RPs approved. I've been through this process many times and have helped others get accepted. If you want this to get accepted then you'll have to add a few things. A few more sentences isn't going to hurt you.

I've also noticed that you haven't given a clear setting. I know the eggs hatch in a village, but what is the structure of the village? What terrain is it on? Are there any forests nearby? Is there a source of water? Is the village in the forest? On a mountain? In a meadow? You need to give us something to go off of. A map is not required. You just need a short description of what the setting is. That's all.

You're also lacking a lot of rules. You have nothing against overpowered characters, for instance. If, say, Billy makes a hatchling named John and he gives John the power to blow up the world, you can't tell him he can't do that because you have no rule against it.

I would suggest looking at this page for more helpful hints. I'm sure this RP will get moving along as soon as you make a few edits.

Edited by Doctortear

Sorry about being rude. It's just been a bad day, I have a headache, and I hate it when anyone criticises anything I do. Normally, I keep that well-hidden, but...

Anyway, I'll take your advice on board.

I did think that the idea is that the hatchlings DO wander round aimlessly, because if this actually happened then the hatchling wouldn't know anything significant. They have a leader, and ranks, set from birth, and their first task is survival. The mystery of discovering the cause and nature of the attackers is to keep the RP for longer.

The mother didn't tell anyone about the dream. That wasn't obvious: I'll add it as soon as the rest is confirmed.

And the rules, I should have added that, but surely if anyone was annoying like that it would be against DC rules?

The village is meant to be set in a forest, but that's just my mental picture. It could be anywhere, the RP would still work.

The other point on the mother is more interesting, and I hadn't considered it. Who is she? I had sort of thought that all dragons had nightmares sometimes, and some of them might feel particularly real. It could be coincidence that this particular dream came true, or maybe we could have a 'StarClan' who sent a prophecy. But then why her? I hadn't considered any of this and would appreciate help in deciding what to do smile.gif I can never decide stuff like this.

I hope this is enough, and I apologise again for my earlier rude comment.

It's fine, sweetie, I understand.

Yes, you'll need to add all of that onto the first page. You'll need to add a section for the setting as well. I would also add the whole thing about survival as it's own section as well. People like to know exactly what they're suppose to be doing, even if it is rather vague. Do realize I'm not trying to be rude to you myself. I'm giving you helpful criticism as that is what the unapproved section is for. You don't have to take it well, but you should be aware that you will have people commenting on your work here. That's what happens when you post something on the internet.

I really hate it when I mess up, and then I get rebuked for it, and then I can't blame anyone else so I'm angry at myself.

Something else I hate is being called sweetie. >.< no offence.

I will add everything now, but the last question is still at large. I'm too tired to answer it now: It's past midnight where I am, and I'm only 13 xd.png so bye for now!

Everything confirmed has been added to the first post. How's my RP looking now? Any approvers available to take a peek?

I am no approver, but I'm a little bit confused about something.

If the mother dragon never told anyone of her dream, then how did the other dragons know to hide the eggs an strengthen them? And her dream was one moon before everything was destroyed, but the leader had cast magic on the buried eggs for far longer than that if I got it right. Once again, why did they do that?

And lastly, was the egg the mother dragon buried different from the ones hidden by the other dragons?

It sounds like two different stories to me, one of the mother dragon with the dream who buried one of her eggs to survive but didn't tell the other dragons about it, and the other about the dragons who had buried some eggs and strengthened them with magic.

I really hope this makes sense and you see my point.

And about the plot...it's about surviving and finding out what happened, right? But what's next? Waht's the goal in this? Revenge of some sort?

The eggs were buried previously as a precaution. It seems a sensible course of action to me.

Kalicetha's egg is assumed to be destroyed in the raid, but I guess if someone wanted to be that hatchling then they could be.

Kalicetha herself, as I would RP in my very first post, died in the attack. The hatchlings have little to eat when they first hatch, being little bigger than rats, and they would probably eat the meat of the adults who died in the raid. Nasty, but survival is the most important thing.

Actually, I kinda added Kalicetha burying her egg as an afterthought. It isn't meant to mean anything. xd.png

Finding out what happened will be the next task after survival, and after that I'm sure we'll find things to do. We might then have to negotiate treacherous landscapes to find the attackers, or we might find their acidic blood scorching the ground. I don't know, I'm counting on the imagination of the characters.

Hope this makes it ready for, or at least closer to, approval.

Would it be easier to simply move this RP to freeform RP? Since either a) I'm being ignored, b ) The approvers etc. are never on, or c) My RP isn't ready for approving.

If a), please don't ignore me sad.gif

If b ), poke them >.<

If c), please ask me any questions and help me make my RP better. smile.gif

I'm surprised I've waited this long: I'm normally very impatient. If no reply within a week, I'll copy/paste the start post into freeform section.

Edited by Zeditha

You're going to have to be very patient. The approvers have to look at every RP in the unapproved section in however long they have on the forums. They don't come on every day and they don't always look at every RP waiting to be approved. If you cannot wait for this to be accepted, then I would suggest moving this to the Freeforms. You did say you didn't like critique, yes? Well you don't need critique for the Freeforms. If you'd prefer to stay role playing now and not have to wait for anyone to approve this, then the Freeforms is your best bet.

Would it be easier to simply move this RP to freeform RP? Since either a) I'm being ignored, b ) The approvers etc. are never on, or c) My RP isn't ready for approving.

If a), please don't ignore me sad.gif

If b ), poke them >.<

If c), please ask me any questions and help me make my RP better. smile.gif

I'm surprised I've waited this long: I'm normally very impatient. If no reply within a week, I'll copy/paste the start post into freeform section.

Sorry, I'm an approver but haven't been too active lately. >.<

Doctor is right, though I'll add to what she said.

Yes, it would be simpler to move this to freeforms (it almost always is). But if you want to create a more solid RP, going through the approval process can do that. if you're impatient, it's probably better just to move this to freeforms, since the RP is quite far from approval.

Edited by KoalaNoob

It's only been 4 days since that post xd.png I'll wait until the end of the week I said I would wait.

I think that I'm very interested in this RP.

I'd like to make a warrior. Are these dragons all DC dragons by the way?

No, these dragons are whatever kind of dragon you like. This is mainly because my ideal dragon doesn't fit any of the DC breeds. xd.png

Cool! Time to whip out my pencil and paper!

Also, if it was already a black dragon naturally, wouldn't it not be able to get darker? I just want to ask because I'd like my dragon to be black. Maybe with some red in there.