Zeditha

Lost Dragon Village

Only the leader is allowed to be properly black, because black wouldn't be a naturally occuring colour. The actual reason is that it makes it easier to identify the leader this way: I'm the only black dragon. But yes, you can be dark red, particularly if you're a Watcher. The higher your rank, the darker your scales. Or rather, vice versa, the darker the scales the higher the rank. The reason is quite simple: If you've been buried longer, the magic affects you more, and your scales are darker, and you're stronger. Therefore, the darkness of a hatchling's scales bears a direct correlation to their power.

Ah, ok. I was wanting to be more like a warrior though. Would it be possible for my character to be like the leaders lieutenant or something? Like the watcher that organizes the fighters in the best way to suit the needs of the group, or to the leader's specifications?

Edited by Narath

This isn't approved yet xd.png so yes, lots of time. PM a form to me and I'll accept forms until the RP is accepted. Then some. biggrin.gif

The Watchers could have different jobs, like organising the Warriors, organising the Hunters, organising Runt-care, organising patrols...

As I said already, not accepted yet xd.png PM me forms though. The Watchers' jobs won't be official, so put them in Other. The Watchers are a bit like Deputies, I just wanted more people to have a leader character. They'll split the Deputy jobs between themselves.

I know, I was just joking. Kinds hard to tell over text. Anyways, I just want to reserve a watcher spot since I can't make the form right now. I just want to finish my drawing of my character first. All it needs is color now.

Have you made your decision about where you want this to go? The sooner you decide the sooner you can start RPing.

Well, it would probably first be about building a new community for them to live in, and next maybe about defending from humans or something or rescuing captured dragons, or something to do with humans.

That's just my two cents. I'm not saying we should do that or that we have to. Just want to clarify.

Bump.

Really looking forwards to this. I don't want it to die.

It's my best RP idea ever. If this dies, I will never even try to make another RP here. I know another site where it's far easier.

The origional idea was simply for a survival story, how the dragons cope. No humans around, unless you think the attackers were humans, which is unlikely considering that a) they left, b ) they attacked with fire, and c) they took some alive.

I was thinking of a different race of dragon altogether, one that feeds on fear, that stalks through the night. Their capture of the others might have been as a food source, hurting and starving them to make them afraid, or to create more of their type of dragon, by some ceremonial imbuing of darkness. (I actually came up with that while I was typing it.)

But whatever the attackers are, our 'mission' is to find out, and our fear is that they may return.

If you could PM me a link to that site, it would be much appreciated.

Sounds like an interesting plot to me.

The site is called Petadoptables. I'll make you search it because the adoptables are cool, too xd.png

Still waiting for any more criticism on the RP!

Is anyone there? If there's something wrong with the RP that prevents its approval, please let me know so I can fix it.

I did mean the accepters, but it's cool that people are still interested in this RP.

I think they're just not active at the moment. Be patient. I waited two months to get my RP approved. It takes a while, but when it does get accepted, the feeling of satisfaction is great.

In the meantime, I'm adding another one xd.png

I'll edit with a link soon...

Here it is. A World in Oils

Edited by Zeditha

Bumping the RP! I have messaged an approver, and I will wait until the weekend to post anything, but after 12:00 midday on Sunday you will be allowed to RP here! I'll make the first post, though, so wait for me.

There was an island, and on the island a forest, and in the forest a village, burnt and torn...

Its too long and needs more breaks. Try:

There was an island with a thick forest. In the forest was a dragon village, torn and destoryed.

Kalicetha woke, and madly checked her eggs. They were safe, but that helped her fears little. She knew her dream would soon be true. She buried one egg at the back of the nursery, in the hope that it may survive. She never told anyone of her dream.

A moon later, silent invaders slipped into the village while the dragons slept.

A moon/month is too long, the egg would of hatched by now. And who are the invaders? Are they humans or other dragons?

But there was still hope for the village. The dragons had buried eggs in three holes, and their leader had cast a spell every new moon which kept them under the earth.

I thought the invaders killed all the dragons that could fight? How could the leader still be alive? What happens to the leader that has cast the spell? Where does s/he go?

The dragons made sure the hatchlings would hatch, and were strong enough to survive. But from there, there's nothing they can do.

Made sure that the hatchlings would hatch? I think you mean eggs. And why can't the dragons do anything? They cast spells on the eggs, surely they can help. This sentence also refers to the questions above, I thought all the dragons were dead?

Thats all I can see for now. I think you need more description, a plot and the idea. What will the hatchlings do once they have hatched?

The first sentence is intended to be long. Breaking it up would ruin the effect I was trying to achieve.

I think Kalicetha's egg, if it didn't hatch, was smashed during the raid. It isn't important to the story: in fact I may remove it altogether as the questions on it are annoying me.

The raiders are intended to be anonymous, but their setting fire to everything is intended to imply dark dragons.

The old leader isn't alive. A new leader will hatch (me) from one of the buried eggs. They were buried as a precaution, an old idea. The spells were worked every new moon, therefore it couldn't have worked in reaction to Kalicetha's dream.

You're right, I meant to put eggs. I'll change that now.

Tha dragons can't do anything because they are dead. The spells help the eggs to hatch, but can help little beyond that.

The RP is intended to be mysterious. The first idea in it is survival: it may progress to seeking out and destroying these dark invaders - or maybe they strike again, and the hatchlings must learn to fight? I'll decide some of these things as I go along, but I'm relying on the imagination of the players.

Please read previous critique before you post any: some of your questions had been answered already and I hate repeating myself.

((Kinda hate to doublepost, but I hate grouping different parts of what I'm saying together more xd.png))

Crack, crack, crack...

In a small underground hollow, a hidden egg tapped...

Zeditha broke put of her egg into an enclosed space just large enough for her to uncurl in. She instinctively began to scratch, weakly, at the earth above her: it soon gave way and she was free.

Licking the egg off herself, she began to look around. She was in a cave. There was an opening at one side, with a line of ash underneath it. There was ash covering the floor. Not that she recognised anything by name, of course. There was a heap of something curled in one corner of the cave, and it smelt edible. She began to tear with her small, needle-sharp teeth at the roasted body of her own mother, the old leader of the village.

Hunger satisfied, she padded out of the cave. She had eaten little: she was the size of a large rat. Keeping her black hide close to the blackened ground, she crept through the ash under the new moon. Hearing a muffled crack, she headed towards it and began to scratch, more strongly this time, at the earth.

((Higher ranks hatch first, but will be more towards the bottom of the hole.))

Edited by Zeditha

Well first you need a post to put the character sheets into. We don't even know what Zeditha looks like or what her personality is. You need to do that for others to get a sense of the character.

And you have to wait 24 hours to bump, and the topic was already at the top, so the bump was unneeded. I have a feeling that whoever have joined isn't roleplaying because they don't know who is in the roleplay. As I said before, you can make a section to put the approved characters. smile.gif

((I wasn't posting because I hadn't realized that we've started yet. Also, I have a case of writer's block right now.

Maybe a little because of the accepted characters thing too. It's been a while since I submitted my form so I've forgotten a few things about my character, and it's rather difficult to go digging around for it while I'm on a small handheld electronic device.))