Zeditha

Lost Dragon Village

((We're rat-sized. Or so. Makes taking out a rabbit fun xd.png We'll grow fast though, I guess ~))

Zeditha thought about these comments. "We need more Watchers," she said finally. "Siren, you be a Watcher. You and Tenebris will have to fly to the top of the rock first." she glared at Tenebris for a few seconds, hopefully he would take that as 'go now'. "I'll gather everyone together later, I don't know what rank you'll be yet, but I'll know later. When we have enough Watchers." she glanced towards the top of the rock, then turned to Zia. "Would you look after the little one, please? Just for now, at least."

The white hatchling had stayed still at the first sign of words from the hatchlings around him, still trembling slightly. The light didn't seem to hurt him anymore, though he kept his eyes closed and clawed hands covering his face. He understood what was being said, however, the words making some sort of sense though they weren't explaining anything about what happened to his traitorous dark place.

After listening to what one of them, the one who introduced themselves as 'Zeditha', talk of Hunters, Warriors, Watchers, and Runts, he finally lifted his hands away from his face and squinted open his eyes. The dragons eyesight was a little blurry and wobbly, but he could now identify that Zeditha was a black creature with wings. Blinking a few times, he raised his head up, belly still against the ground and tail curled around his legs, wings shivering and tucked to his back. Turning his head, the hatchling looked at all the other hatchlings and blinked at the four dragons who were closest to him. The blue one, who had a small black one on their head, and the other two, a larger dragon and one who said something that earned them a slap from the blue one, were talking to each other and Zeditha.

Looking them over, he opened his mouth and spoke haltingly, his voice fluctuating with a stammer and a both feminine and masculine tone.

"Wha-what h-happened to m-my, m-my pl-lace? My-my dark pl-place?"

((Oh okay. I thought we were about the size of like a bulldog or so. Well then she's hamster sized tongue.gif and I guess since Karik is big anyways he'd be the size of two rats then? Maybe you should add that to the other section as well smile.gif ))

"On it, chief!" Siren said and jumped back up into the air, flying over and landing on the rock like he was told.

~~~~~

"Of course." Zia replied with a smile, her little dragon-hat still on her head.

She walked over and gent nudged Geo next to the white hatchling, curling up protectively around the two of them with the curve of her shield facing down- carefully angling it so that the harshness of the sunlight wouldn't bother them.

Zia heard the white hatchling stutter out a few questions as she got closer.

"You mean your egg? You broke it when you hatched. That's what's supposed to happen." Zia explained softly. The poor thing still seemed extremely scared about being in the world.

"I'm Zia. And this is Geo. Do you have a name?" The blue dragon crooned, trying to help the little creature relax.

((Ah, sniped. Hang on a sec.))

((I really like the angle I'm going with my characters so far, especially Zia. She's kind of like a motherly figure to be honest smile.gif ))

Edited by makenziec123

((Zia's a Warrior, so she can take care of a Runt. Only one, though, so choose wisely. You'll be mentor and mother to that Runt, until it grows enough to be useful on its own. Normally, of course, dragons are practically defenceless. We should be able to hunt due to the magic, but the Runts weren't in the hole for as long. Some Runts can be introduced later, as they might not be ready to hatch yet.))

Zeditha smiled kindly at all the small dragons about, then quietly flew up to the rock. "Anyone who wants to be a Watcher has to come up here," she called.

The hatchling shied away for a second from the blue dragon as they got closer, but didn't move as they and the smaller black one came up next to him. He blinked slowly at their words, processing the meaning of 'egg' and connecting it to his dark place that was now gone.

(It...it was supposed to happen? It was supposed to be taken away?)

He didn't know if he like that, or if it was a good thing for him. The hatchling had been comfortable there, he hadn't wanted to leave, at least until it had started to try to hurt him. He had been content staying inside, listening to the undistinguished words of those above him. But now he was out here, with the hatchlings around him, with this blue dragon who seemed so big to him talking to him and the small black one next to him.

(I...I can't go back to that, can I?)

The hatchling almost missed the next words from the other dragon but was able to catch their names. Zia was the blue one with the large tail and Geo was the smaller, darker one. He thought over Zia's words, thinking over what she had said and the meaning of a name. He spoke his thoughts out loud, tilting his head to the side as his stance relaxed and his trembling eased away.

"A n-name. Na-name. I-I have a na-name, ye-yes I do, a na-name."

After a few seconds, he turned his sharp face to Zia, tail loosening from his legs and twitching against the ground. Names were hard to come up with, seemingly just a bunch of sounds put half-haphazardly together, but he had a formed word in his head already. He didn't know that it was an old memory, of when there had been other dragons around his egg and before he was placed into the ground. All he remembered was the breathy sound of it, faded in the back of his mind, but he tried to say it out loud to the blue hatchling.

"It's...ah....sihi? Seeiha? Sice? Sicke?"

Getting a little frustrated and angry, the hatchling narrowed his eyes and tried to spit the word out with more force, fuming inside for not being able to get it right on his first try.

"Sic! Sico! Sighc! It's, it's, it's Sighco!"

He paused as the word left his mouth exactly like he thought it would, blinking slowly. Then he turned his head to Zia, a faint curved smile from his jaws, and spoke the name with more confidence and a flicker of arrogant pride.

"My name is Sighco!"

Zia smiled widely- overjoyed that the little hatchling had spoken for the first time, and Geo chirped excitedly, running around from where ever her tiny paws could fine purchase on the larger blue dragon's tail.

"We have another friend!" Geo sang.

"Everyone! The new little hatchling's name is Sighco!" Zia exclaimed excitedly, looking up from the protective dome she had made.

"Would you like to see the other dragons?" She asked Sighco softly when she looked back down.

Edited by makenziec123

Zeditha, watching from the top of the rock, decided it was time to call everyone together. "Everyone come in front of the rock! Now!" she called, as loudly as she could.

Zia put her head on the ground so that Geo could climb back on top, then she looked back down at Sighco.

"We have to go over to where Zeditha is. Would you like to ride on my back or would you rather walk by yourself?" Zia asked patiently.

Sighco was just formulating his answer to Zia's question when Zeditha announced that she wanted everyone to go to the front of the rock. He pushed himself up on slightly shaking legs, his body still new to the world, and looked up at Zia with an answer for the second question. Sighco's voice was tinged with a foreign emotion that he couldn't identify himself, but it was sharp and a little whiny.

"I'd rather wa-walk by myself! I can do it my-myself!"

Zia just smiled- careful not to look down so that she wouldn't dislodge Geo- and walked towards the rock that Zeditha was currently perched on.

She saw that Karik wasn't far behind her, but she did keep looking back, vaguely worried about the small white hatchling.

They still had no idea what predators lurked around here, after all...

((Sorry about my inactivity today. I'll be busy this weekend.))

Tenebris smiled at Zia as she tended to the smaller hatchlings. One day she'd probably make a great mother. Siren on the other hand... When the annoying Dragon made a rather rude comment to the small one, he snorted angrily, smoke trailing from his nose, but it quickly changed to a snort of amusement when Zia smacked him over the head.

When Zeditha.gave him her look though, he knew it was time for him to get moving. Though he'd brobably do better in his next spar with her now that he was a little more familiar with his abilities, something told him that it was best not to antagonize a female. And so, with a nod to let her know he understood, Tenebris ran over to the rock that she meantioned and climbed atop, staying on the opposite side as Siren.

((er... Predators... I didn't think about that at all... Normal ones I guess, foxes and the like.))

Zeditha perched between the two Watchers. "Whoever wants to be a Watcher, fly up here," she said. "First five to manage it are Watchers."

((Narath, you need a Runt ~ Can't believe I only just noticed that.))

Edited by Zeditha

((Do you mean I need Tenebris to take in a runt, or I need to make a runt character? I'm not always good at having multiple characters.))

((Would hawks and stuff be around this area? Or mountain lions? I'm just trying to think of what kind of climate this place is in, so I'm naming animals I see near where I live smile.gif

@Narath: that's not true and you know it tongue.gif You do just fine with two characters smile.gif ))

Edited by makenziec123

((You need to make a Runt, because you have a Watcher. Did you read the rules?

Yes, hawks and stuff too. Mountain lions, not so much... I think foxes, badgers, owls and hawks are enough. I'll say when they come in, and I'll keep them out of our hair for a while at least.))

Zeditha looked around. "Anyone? Why is everyone silent?"

"Well, I don't know about the others, but Karik and I at the very least can't fly yet. We tried to, but..." She trailed off, still looking slightly miffed that she couldn't see fly yet.

Karik just looked kind of embarrassed. He was the biggest dragon in the group, but still he couldn't fly yet... Even if he had hatched kind of late, shouldn't he be able to fly too? Or at least soon.

"Well, I'm apparently -too small- to be of any use. Isn't that right, Siren?" Geo glared at the larger dragon, then relinquished and added "But yeah, I can't fly either. Sorry Zeditha."

Zeditha shrugged. "Not everyone has to be a Watcher," she said. She looked expectantly at the rest of the small crowd.

((Sorry, the rule must have been added after I first applied. Will make one asap.))

Sighco had followed after Zia and Geo, though he did trip up a few times and had some trouble figuring out how his legs worked. His naked wings sometimes stretched open and flapped up and down whenever he lost his balance, though they were too small to do much. As the hatchling listened to what was being said between the other dragons, he tilted his head and wondered what it meant to be a 'Watcher'. From what was being talked about, anyone who could get to top of the rock was a 'Watcher', which seemed to be an important position.

(Zeditha seems to be in charge, right? Is a Watcher second in charge? If that's true, then I want to be a Watcher.)

Letting out a little 'hmming' noise in thought, Sighco scanned the rock that Zeditha and two others were perched on. He turned his head to look at his wings, which flapped around uselessly at his look. They weren't going to do anything and, from how some of the other dragons, like Zia and Geo, weren't going up the rock, it looked like there was only a few who had working wings.

Staring up at Zeditha, his eyes narrowed and sharp mouth curved into a frown, Sighco let out a high-pitched whine with his words.

"Why d-don't I have good wings? C-can I just c-climb the rock?"

Zeditha smiled at the little Runt. "Climbing doesn't count, I'm afraid," she said. "You're too small to be a Watcher. Watchers will have to fight big scary things, and I don't want you to get hurt." I hope we don't have to fight anything, she thought.

Why is it so dark? the little white dragon wondered as he squirmed about his egg. Why am am I trapped in here? What is going on?

The unhatched Dragon began to thrash about in panic in his dark prison, chirping and squacking like a frightened bird. What was going on? He wanted out! But how? There was no way to escape! He was trapped, and getting more frightened by the second. The dragon's batting at the prison walls began to cease, and he began to curl up and whimper, tears streaking down his face. There was no way out. No escape.

Edited by Narath

Zeditha heard a terrified squeaking from the hatching-hole. Gliding down, she quickly identified the egg and rolled it out. Tapping on the egg, she realised that it was rather thick-shelled. "I'll get you out of there," she promised. "Just don't give up." rearing onto her hind legs, she brought as much force as she could muster down onto the egg. She hoped it would be enough to at least crack it.

The young dragon's terrified squeaks resumed, but with greater intensity as it felt itself begin to move. Now what was going on? Hearing a soft voice, he ceased his squeaking, and curled up into a tighter ball, chittering nervously as he did. Was this voice a friend? Or was it something terrible and horrifying? Would it eat him? Suddenly, the side of his prison shuddered and collapsed, the price falling on him. With a squawk of surprise, the small dragon pushed it away in reflex. He wished he hadn't. Doing so caused a torrent of blinding light to enter what remained of the prison he lived in, as well as revealing a big black faced monster with huge sharp teath. Squealing in fear, the hatchling backed into his chamber as far as he could, curling up once more and hiding his head under a wing. There he laid, shivering in fear as if he was freezing.

Zeditha reared back and dropped to her normal, quadroped position. "There we go," she said happily. "Free. Welcome to the world, little one. What's your name?"

The monster spoke. It actually spoke! But it did not sound like what he thought a monster should. It was the soft voice from earlier. And it was actually a little comforting to hear.

"Sssss... Sss... Sssooovv... Sooveen... Soven.. m-m-me, Soven." The hatchling replied nervously, peeking shyly from beneath his wing. "Mrrrrr... Mrra? Ma? Mama?"

Mama! What he needed was his mother. She'd protect him. She'd take care of him. He wouldn't be afraid if his mother was here.

Edited by Narath