TJ09

2014-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

The gardening event is three days, right? I'm getting totally impatient with my flowers... xd.png

Incubation does not protect from sickness due to over viewing. (but that's really a Help topic discussion that we can continue in PMs if you wish)

But I am just glad you were able to catch more of them.

Oh, k, thought it was worth noting. But anyway, thank you for informing me of no lock on eggs dying by sickness, that was new to me anyway.

These eggs look just gorgeous like all Valentines Day Dragons. Just beautiful.

The gardening event is three days, right? I'm getting totally impatient with my flowers...  xd.png

The garden event is a whole week. Calendar And it may take that long for some of these silly flowers to grow! laugh.gif

Edited by purplehaze

I'm soooo enjoying watching my little flowers grow. And I've got a mushroom growing! xd.png That's so awesome! I love mushrooms!

Oh good. A whole week.

Phew. I'm relieved.

I don't want to drain my phone constantly checking on my flowers, as I'd've to have done if the event lasted only today.

Edited by Kanaye

The garden event is a whole week. And it may take that long for some of these silly flowers to grow! laugh.gif

LOL

What gets me is I have some non-grown ones between my grown ones and all of them were planted last night in the first hour or so of the event.

Oh, thought I was locked then went & grabbed another, so I guess that explains it, they all died of sickness for some oddball reason. So, I'm not locked at all? Cool.

Still why they are all dying of sickness so rapidly, valentines day has never done that before. Why this year is beyond me.

Yours did have very high Views, and some dragons are more delicate than others...

*sends hugs and sympathy*

Mine are usually OK in Silvi's on the first day, Valley Sherwood when closer to the 6th day - but I tend to Fog mine while I'm sleeping or if I'm going to be off the puter for very long.

And unusually, a couple of my Val eggs did get Sick - even their description says they're fragile...

If you put them in a higher-View fansite, the numbers may explode with people adding into fansites and, hopefully, giving at least some Views back, so, personally, I stick to sites like Daily Dragon Fix, Silvi's and Valley Sherwood for the first day, then Dragondump and Draghatch into the 5th day, and AOND when into their 4th - but I watch mine and Fog when I can't.

On Holidays/New Releases, you'll see a lot of warnings about increased Views being likely and possibly being dangerous.

There may be new people not yet understanding the rules or game, who may think your new eggs are in trouble because of having no/low Views and try to help by adding other people's eggs to more fansites, not realizing that hey may sicken or kill them.

You also sometimes get pathetic little jerks who like to ruin the fun of others by trying to kill other people's dragons.

So New Releases of any kind are always times to be extra-careful, as you now, unfortunately, know all too well... sad.gif

LOL

What gets me is I have some non-grown ones between my grown ones and all of them were planted last night in the first hour or so of the event.

Same here, which is why I said that. laugh.gif

Obviously some of them are slower growers than others.

I left some seeds unplanted and while I slept, they disappeared... is that supposed to happen?

Not only are the click sites running really hot this holiday, but I've noticed some of my eggs getting view bombed, an obscenely abnormal amount of views and UVs for just the click sites I use. I've learned to fog all eggs until I'm ready to put them in the click sites (because they're being view bombed before I even add them) and I've also learned not to add any egg to a click site until it has 5 days left to hatch. An hour give or take won't make much difference, but anything more than that is asking for trouble. I've had silver tinsels and even a winter get sick on me just a few hours after adding them to click sites when they had about 5 days and several hours left. I've also had my Valentines getting sick, but I believe they were being view bombed, a few of them anyway.

I'm able to get away with using 4 click sites, but not Dragon Dump. That one seems to run the hottest - especially during this holiday.

When I planted my 7th seed, it vanished. Even refreshing didn't help it. Perhaps the garden could use some debugging.

Yours did have very high Views, and some dragons are more delicate than others...

*sends hugs and sympathy*

Mine are usually OK in Silvi's on the first day, Valley Sherwood when closer to the 6th day - but I tend to Fog mine while I'm sleeping or if I'm going to be off the puter for very long.

And unusually, a couple of my Val eggs did get Sick - even their description says they're fragile...

If you put them in a higher-View fansite, the numbers may explode with people adding into fansites and, hopefully, giving at least some Views back, so, personally, I stick to sites like Daily Dragon Fix, Silvi's and Valley Sherwood for the first day, then Dragondump and Draghatch into the 5th day, and AOND when into their 4th - but I watch mine and Fog when I can't.

On Holidays/New Releases, you'll see a lot of warnings about increased Views being likely and possibly being dangerous.

There may be new people not yet understanding the rules or game, who may think your new eggs are in trouble because of having no/low Views and try to help by adding other people's eggs to more fansites, not realizing that hey may sicken or kill them.

You also sometimes get pathetic little jerks who like to ruin the fun of others by trying to kill other people's dragons.

So New Releases of any kind are always times to be extra-careful, as you now, unfortunately, know all too well... sad.gif

I'll do like I do every year, should have done it in the first place, but it was 2 am when i caught the eggs and was tired and forgot to do it and learned my lesson, but thanks for explaining the egg thing. For sure thought they were safe after I unhid them today and I was wrong, lol.

Now only if we could have 4 of these males, they look so wicked cool and beautiful, best egg I've seen IMO.

But meh, lets make the best of the day and move on now, shall we. I live by a motto that sure fits anything.

"Expect the worst but hope for the Best" wink.gif

When I planted my 7th seed, it vanished. Even refreshing didn't help it. Perhaps the garden could use some debugging.

I believe it is hidden in the grass on the far right (my 7th also looked like it wasn't there but when I looked closer I saw it and it has now grown and is easier to see).

Does anyone know if there's a record of all the possible flowers? I've not yet seen any adult flowers (I planted mine last night, but they're not growing) and I'm interested in seeing what I'm planting. c:

Yes, that is exactly what happened, Rubyshoes... I thought the same thing when I planted my 7th seed. Now I have 30 and the only real way to see the seventh on the end of some rows is if it has some color to it, like a mushroom.

Not only are the click sites running really hot this holiday, but I've noticed some of my eggs getting view bombed, an obscenely abnormal amount of views and UVs for just the click sites I use. I've learned to fog all eggs until I'm ready to put them in the click sites (because they're being view bombed before I even add them) and I've also learned not to add any egg to a click site until it has 5 days left to hatch. An hour give or take won't make much difference, but anything more than that is asking for trouble. I've had silver tinsels and even a winter get sick on me just a few hours after adding them to click sites when they had about 5 days and several hours left. I've also had my Valentines getting sick, but I believe they were being view bombed, a few of them anyway.

I'm able to get away with using 4 click sites, but not Dragon Dump. That one seems to run the hottest - especially during this holiday.

Even Valley Sherwood is on the hot side at this point.

I'd let the eggs age about 20-24 hours, put them in a site while you're online, and pull them from site when you leave. They'll hatch within a very few minutes when they hits 4 days, no matter which ER you put them in.

-image removed, some artists have requested that their art not be posted-

Edited by rubyshoes

The garden event is a whole week. Calendar And it may take that long for some of these silly flowers to grow! laugh.gif

Oh, yay! Thanks! Yes, I will need all the time I can get at this rate! biggrin.gif

I've just sent my first flowers, hope the random dragon owners like them ;P If anyone wants to sent me some, I'll be sending back as soon as i can if you're not sending on anon!

Oh people((( I don`t translate the word `inappropriate`and cliked on the “⃠” symbol a few times((((( What I must to do now? unsure.gif

Thank you for the new event and these absolutely stunning new dragons. I just got my first flower biggrin.gif I cant wait to start sending