Ryujin13

Little lost dragon and I

Fren nodded and hugged Alina close "Once we find the means we'll find a way." she assured the hatchling before raised his hand for silence. Right away Fren nodded and looked around. Though could hear a quiet sound. It sounded a ways off, most likely why they did not hear it till now. What ever it was, it was getting closer.

Varren got his weapon ready "Sounds similar to...... a vtol craft of some sort." he murmured. Fren got her own weapon ready on her spare hand and triggered her armor to cover her again as it morphed out from around her waist. Covering Alina as well to protect her and allow Fren use of both her arms.

The sound continued to approach before it paused as well before slowly getting closer. "Only return fire. We don't know if its hostile." Varren ordered not wanting to make enemy's if it can be avoided.

The craft rounded a far corner and stopped right away seeing the group. Its wing span about half way across the open space. Its engines moving to keep it stable. The black nose most likely a sensor array facing them. The weapons deployed at first but when no fire came its way the weapons where folded again and it began to approach. Varren slithered forward motioning for the group to stay where they where. "Friend or foe?" he asked. The craft paused and gave a curiuse beep. But did not deploy its weapons. Varren thought for a moment "Friend bob once, foe bob twice." he said. The Craft bobbed once with a few confused beeps. It was not using binary to communicate Varren knew that much, the zoid organoid had given him the ability to understand that.

"Alright, the craft seems to be safe." he called to everyone. And almost in response the craft bobbed once again. For such a heavy looking craft, it maintained control right down to its idle position. It looked at everyone in the group. Fren had her eye's narrowed at it and it beeped confused but turned around and moved forward. Beeping like it was trying to tell them something. But to everyone else its was just a bunch of beeps. Some high tones and lows and more.

Jak's sword was out of its sheath and into a ready position within a second of the drone appearing.

It was obvious that Nuria had held up her end of the bargain, because Jak now possessed skills that hadn't existed before. His position was perfect, his stance spot on.

He watched the robot communicate by bobs to Varren, but didn't lower his sword when Varren told everyone it was alright.

"Hold on, I thought we determined that everything was considered a threat after Nuria and Medad." He said, his sword unwavering as he spoke. "This thing putters around a corner and bobs a few times for us and we're willing to trust it? Medad showed us kindness and we don't trust him. Plus look at the weapons on it. This thing is meant for killing, no matter what tricks it can do."

Kara too was watching the new thing, but had relaxed when Varren had given the all clear, that being said...

"Actually Jak has a point." She commented. "It is armed for war and we did just meet it. Maybe we should be a bit more cautious."

Varren looked at the others then back to the drone "I've dealt with mechanical things before. They are very to the point unlike flesh and blood they rarely ever not display intentions. If it wanted to kill us it would have tried already. Medad showed kindness yes however we can't go shooting at everything that rounds a corner either. There is a time and place for everything Jak. Being able to tell that is a skill that is learned." he explained "I don't expect anyone to trust it and nor do I, saying its safe is one thing. Trusting it is another. It has yet to earn our trust. But like Fren, Kara, you, you'd all be dead if we fired first then asked questions." he finished off saying.

The craft had paused and was now watching the group with its sensor looking right at them. Its vtol engines swivelling under its wings. It seemed to open weapons then close them then bobbed towards the group then closed its weapons again. With a few more beeps it repeated this again.

Fren looked at it "Varren has a point. However until it proves its self an ally, I don't want it behind any of us. I want it in our sight at all times." she said keeping her weapon aimed.

The Drone seemed to give up at this note before turning around and flying a little ways ahead of the group before pausing and looking at the group before bobbing as it beeped away now using its weapon racks in a attempt to communicate as well. The weapons not opening them selfs though.

Varren looked at it "For a war creation, it certainly is trying to say something. With no other leads, we can follow it, it may know where to go it may not." he said before looking at the group weapon still in hand "Your votes?"

Jak didn't like the whole thing at all, it seemed to easy to have found a random ally that could lead them somewhere helpful. The one thing that the robot had going for it was that it didn't resemble any of the other mechanical beings that he had seen in the castle to date. For one they were all unarmed, for another they were designed more like clocks, with lots of gears visible and always a glowing spot in the center.

"Fine, we follow it." He said finally, sheathing his sword and stepping forward. "As long as it stops opening it's weapons like that. I don't want any of those pointed at me."

Kara watched the drone thing as well, trying to decide what to do. The easiest, and probably smartest thing to do would be to walk the other way and destroy it if it continued to follow.

That being said she couldn't deny the logic that they needed someplace to start looking and this was as good a place as any. She nodded to Varren, her eyes following the drones movements.

Alina seemed fascinated by the whole thing, and her tail was flicking back and forth like a cats as her bright yellow eyes watched the device.

"It's funny mommy, can I go play with it please?" She asked Fren. "It just wants a friend. Come here little guy." She cooed, her paws gesturing for the device to come closer. "I'll be your friend little guy, don't worry."

Varren nodded then looked at the drone and it folded its weapon racks and kept them that way. The Drone though seemed to look right at Alina as she spoke. Fren remained tense unsure to determine how to explain to Alina that they don't know what the drone could do. Or what its programming was. Yes it had yet to attack them. But it might lead them to a ambush. But looked like she'd have to join the group. She was the only one against the vote.

"Maybe later Alina, once we know its trust worthy then maybe you can make friends with it." Varren said and Fren nodded "We need to let some time pass Alina, we just met it. Remember what I said about Medad and trust. For your safety I don't trust it that close to you. Not right now." Fren explained "But if it is a good robot, then maybe later." she said with a nod.

Varren froze again this time a expression that showed he knew this threat. "Find a door, one that opens. Fast!" he ordered going to the nearest one him self "Those chirps, mechanical crab like bots, there shell is impenetrable. Need to hit there under sides, however they come in packs." he said quickly. The Drone seemed confused and it kept moving its weapon racks.

Fren nodded and tried a few other doors finding them all locked. "There coming from 2 directions." she said "What is there weapon?" Varren hissed finding another locked door "A stinger, penetrates and paralyzes the victim. Too much and it will kill." he said "And since there in packs, one leads to too many quickly. There packs... range in the 50's"

((Note one, Tash can explain the drone behaver once they find him. Note two, you might reconize the foe there going to meet up with))

Edited by little lost dragon

( Sorry for the lack of posts and the shortness of them, I've been really busy for the while, still am... sad.gif Shall I assume that by stonger you mean stinger?)

Lynn eyed the floating thing suspiciously. It was not a living thing and yet it was capable of controlled movement and seemed to be sentient. She was about to voice her dislike of the thing when Varren started to panic. As ordered she began trying doors but all were locked. Meanwhile she gritted her teeth in response to the chirping which was growing steadily louder.

(Yeah that's what he means, and no problem about the lack of posts, we understand.)

Alina sighed at being told she couldn't play but remained quiet all the same. Mommy and Varren were always there for her, so if they said no then she listened.

Suddenly Varren was yelling about robot things though, which scared and confused Alina who didn't like these sorts of things. She liked it when everything was quiet and the group could talk, not when there were scary things attacking them.

Jak and Kara leapt into action when they were told to check doors, with Jak drawing his sword again and sprinting down the hall away from the noise, checking every door he came across. The sword itself had begun to glow as Jak's adrenaline started pumping, and phantom flames began to appear along its length, not giving off heat, but definitely something you didn't want to touch.

"Got one!" He yelled, holding the door for everybody.

As soon as Jak opened the door however in the entrance way stood one of the beings that looked to be of rotting flesh and black rune like lines dances across the rotting skin. It growled angerly like Jak just disrupted its resting. Varren whirled at the growl "Jak! Shut that door!" he ordered franticly.

The chirping and sound of metal feet on stone grew closer from both ends of the corridor. "Jak beside me Fren watch my back Kara between Fren and I and stay on stand by Alina with Kara and Drone above us!" he ordered clearly getting the group into a defensive formation for both fronts "Lynn if you see any crabs on us get them off asap!" he said getting his weapon ready "Remember, get at there undersides and don't both with there top shells." he said. With all the doors locked or blocked. And foes coming from both sides he needed the group ready.

Fren gave Alina a hug before handing the hatchling to Kara and giving Kara a nod. She then readied her weapon. This sounded easy since her weapon fired acid slugs. Not the fastest fire rate but it was an explosive cloud of acid. From under something that was a lot of metal dissolving acid.

"I'll do my best but I'll warn you, my species isn't known for its stamina," Lynn replied briskly, ears laid back, tail twitching. "Is there anything else you can tell us? How big are they? Can they jump? Do they use a specific attack pattern?" She asked.

Meanwhile she rummaged though her bag taking a brief inventory while quickly forming several possible strategies. Lynn decided to go with her all purpose plan and pulled out several small black seeds which she dropped around her. At this point she began to make an odd complex series of sounds using notes of varying pitches and lengths. (It sounds in between a whistle and a hum and is arranged in a song rather than a random pattern.)

(Hmm, I think I know what we're talking about but I don't recognize the zombie thing and usually I remember my monsters. Refresher?)

Jak reacted the moment the thing in front of him came into view, his sword flashing down before he slammed the door shut. His blade now dripped black gore and he shook it slightly before taking his position as Varren instructed.

He didn't like the sound of whatever was coming, and Varren's tips only made things worse. What were these things? How big were they, how many were there?

He was nervous now, and although he was still holding his ground he was itching under his hat like he did when he was nervous.

"What are they?" He asked Varren. "Are they guardians, or just something else that got stuck here?"

Kara took Alina as instructed, although the hatchling protested loudly as this happened, obviously upset by the panic that everyone was showing as well as being separated from Fren in an emergency like this. Still she huddled against Kara, shaking as the sounds got louder, occasionally peeking over Kara's arm to see what was happening.

"Shh, it's ok Alina." Kara said quietly, rocking the hatchling a little as she held Alina close. "Everything will be fine."

(There the first 'monster' ya made back in the first RP of the castle ya made. Black rune like lines on the flesh that was rotting, suprizingly strange and tough ect)

Varren shook his head "Ran into them shortly after arriving here my self. They came out of hidden ports in the walls and floor they could be a kind of guardien they might not. I haven't found much to-" he paused seeing them come into sight. He aimed and began to fire in bursts of 2. One shot to knock one over and another to hit its under belly. "To determin what though. They attacked right away." he said as he fired.

Fren began to fire as well her shots hitting the floor with predator accuracy and after a few moments those close to the blast began to show signs of damage as the acid ate away at the undersides. But they where just pouring in from both fronts. The drone opened its weapon racks and flew over the flack Varren was shooting and began to fire as well swiveling somewhat. Though its shots having no effect on the top shells. though it did have a small knock back effect on them so decided to slow them down at least.

(I don't remember them at all lol. If you've got a pic that'd be great, but if not then whatever I can work with it.)

A mob if the creatures suddenly came around the corner and launched themselves at the group, attempting to overrun them with numbers. Each one that fell to a bullet or acid was replaced by another, and when they closed Jak was one of the few reasons that they weren't instantly overrun. Fren and Varren were doing the most damage overall, but Jak was holding the creatures back with his sword which didn't seem to care about their armor at all. Indeed the sword had begun to glow red as it was used, the ghostly flames surrounding its blade once more.

Still, no matter how many he killed there were still more, and they were very tough to kill even if Jak could penetrate their armor.

Kara could see all this happening, and continued to hold Alina tight as the hatchling cried in her arms.

The creatures meanwhile, continued to come at the group, some still spilling out from the other corridors.

"Alina, I need you to stay right here." Kara said to the hatchling who was already shaking her head begging to not be left. "I know it's scary but I need you to be brave so I can save your mother.

Alina lookedup through tear filled eyes as Kara gently set her down and turned, her hands and hair already smoldering.

As she pushed past Jak she caught completely on fire and advanced before seeming to explode. Fire gushed down the hall away from the group, engulfing the creatures who screamed in pain as their bodies practically disintegrated and turned to ash. The hallway instantly turned unbearably hot before the fire suddenly went out and Kara collapsed to the ground as though dead.

Jak couldn't run to her though because she had only cleared one end of the hallway, so he turned and went to Varren's side where he began to do what he had done for Fren, slicing and stabbing at eyes and slashing at heads.

The drone did what it could helping Varren's end out. The side was slowly failing though as Varren could only fire so often and the drone did not have weapons that had heavy hitting. It clearly was met to pelt its foes to death rather then one shot it. Though that might be fixed later.

Varren felt a blast of heat when Kara did her move and hoped now one was turned to a crisp when she did that. Though the sound of all the crab like creatures screeching met she killed them. Then Jak was on his flank as well chopping away. Now if Varren did not know Jak had been given his skill he might of been impressed. But since he knew there was awe or anything. But at least right now, that skill was coming in handy.

Fren paused in her firing and after Kara did her move she shot forward turned around scooped Kara up in her tail before joining Varrens side kicking a few away. "Lynn, keep Alina safe!" she ordered as she resumed firing.

Suddenly the crabs turned tail and ran though one turned around seemed to wind up, though hidden by the sheer numbers climbing over it, and then it fired its stinger before it dropped dead. The stinger flew in a blink of an eye and struck Varren in his helmet making him grunt. His helmet sparked a little before he slowly slumped to the side. "Don't chase..... they took enough loossssses....... censorkip.gifcensorkip.gifcensorkip.gifcensorkip.gif*......." he slurred before he just seemed to pass out.

Fren was grabbing his helmet in a instant. "Jak, sword!" she ordered when it refused to open. she did not say it, she was sure the stinger penetrated and hit him in the head. And until they remove the helmet, the stinger would remain there.

Jak was at Varren's side in an instant. The sword flashed twice, leaving the helmet sheared into two parts then stood back as Fren examined Varren.

It was only when he heard Alina crying behind him that he turned and remembered Kara.

Alina was trying to get Kara to wake up as Jak went and knelt at the young woman's side.

He quickly checked Kara's pulse, then felt her forehead.

"She's gone cold..." He said to Fren who was working on Varren. "...and she's barely breathing."

He was already pulling his backpack off and digging through it before pulling a blanket from within and putting it over Kara, who was shivering now.

Alina was quick to curl up under the blanket pressed against Kara's side, trying to warm her up, while Jak unloaded any other pieces of fabric that he could and lay them over the top of Kara.

In truth he knew that Varren's injury was probably more life threatening, but he hadn't ever tried to hide his feelings about Kara, and now they were even more obvious as he fought to warm her up and revive her.

"How's Varren?" Jak asked over his shoulder as he rubbed Ada's hands between his own. That he could tell there was no difference between her temperature before and after he had begun his efforts, indeed it seemed like she was getting colder and her breathing less and less often.

Since she was kind of holding Kara in her tail she could feel the girls temperature dropping as well. Dropped what only could be the remains of a stinger to the floor "Not good. The poisons where delivered right into his skull right where his brain is. His brain got a full dose of the stuff." she explained "He's not just paralyzed, his entire body is shutting down. We need to find a medical facility some sort right away. The device I made can't replace brain functions. I can remove the poison's still floating around and in his blood however." she said taking the live worm thing and gently squeezing its tail to get some white stuff before putting it away again and putting the white stuff on Varren's head where the hole was. "But with out his heart working, I can only do so much. As for Kara, I can feel her temperature dropping. But given time she should be alright, she just exhausted her self and now needs a little rest with a little help staying warm." she explained.

The Drone came over bobbing before taking off before pausing further down the cooked hall and bobbing like it wanted them to follow. Fren picked Varren's torso up with a grunt. "Jak, got some of his coils?" she asked starting to feel a bit like a packing creature hauling 2 maybe 3 other creatures.

Jak carefully wrapped Kara in the blankets so that they would stay put through the journey with Alina inside as well. The hatchling was still crying, but seemed content to stay and try to warm up Kara.

With a grunt he grabbed as much of Varren as he could and hoisted it up onto his shoulders. There was still some parts dragging, after all Varren was heavy and he was very long, but at least the group could move him.

With many curses and grunts Jak followed behind Fren and the drone, holding as much of Varren's bulk up as he could.

The trip seemed to take forever but eventually they reached a door with a weird symbol on it which opened with a touch.

Inside was a large white room full of strange equipment and a couple different sized beds. The largest one was just big enough to fit Varren's body as well as his coils curled carefully at the foot of it.

"Now what?" Jak panted, looking around at the equipment. "Kara has a bottle of Phoenix tears, we could try that."

Fren watched Jak grab some blankets though where he got them from was beyond her. She did not recal anyone carrying blankets before. Must be Medad's sisters work or something. She held Kara with Alina in her tail as she and Jak hoisted Varren with them. His long thick coils a issue for her as well. then again she had half the group either wrapped in her tail or Varren on her shoulders.

When they finally reached the odd room she stopped knowing Jak was getting tired, but she did not want to put Varren into a trap when observing could have prevented it. "Quiet Jak." she said tensely "We do not want to rush." she said scanning the room with her eye's before nodding "Ok lets Get Varren to that large bed, I'll place Kara on one beside him afterwards." she directed.

((By strange equipment, how so?))

(Just a huge amount of different machines, a few they might recognize like a heart monitor or things from their world, but there's a whole bunch of stuff designed for different species as well.)

Jak helped pile Varren onto the bed before looking around at the room. The whole place was full if different instruments, some he could tell were from earth, but others so strange looking that they were off the board. Not that any of it mattered though since Jak wasn't a doctor so all of this might have well been magic instead of technology. He wouldn't even know where to begin, and even if he did know something about human anatomy, Varren wasn't human which meant treating him would be next to impossible under normal circumstances.

"Uh... Ok, ok, we need to um, we need to do something." Jak said, beginning to panic. "We need to do something, um, what do they do on tv? They make that uh... Anti-venom that's right, so how do you make anti-venom?"

He slumped at this, obviously at a loss before looking at Fren as though she might know.

"Book!" He suddenly shouted, opening his hands and causing the book to materialize whereupon he began to flick through it.

"Most impressive facilities... Unknown equipment... Fix even the tiniest scrape... Come on how do we work it?" He snarled, flipping to the next page and continuing on.

Fren tucked Kara into a smaller bed next to Varren's and Alina beside Kara after hugging the hatchling. She then went over to Jak and placed a hand on his shoulder "Calm Jak, rushed panic won't help anything. You'll only cause more issues in the panic. Take a few deep breaths then start looking in that book. I'll see if I can find something I know how to use as you do that." she explained wondering if she might locate storage or vats where her kinds equipment might be stored. Some of the tools she reconized but did not know how to use due to them being other speices tools or humans. "Pheonix tears might need the host of the tears to be active before they work, or they might not.... we can give them a shot I suppose while we look into how to use this stuff." she said gently searching Kara for the container with the tears from before.

The Drone flew in before facing the door to almost guard it.

To his credit Jak did calm down and focus on the book, but only after a few seconds of forcing himself to breath. It still took him a good amount of time to find anything though, and by that point Fren had the Phoenix tears out. They were noticeably darker then when Kara had first collected them, but Jak didn't have time to consider that given that he was across the room grabbing a tool and running back to Varren's bed.

"Um let's see, put it in here." He said, pushing the device, which looked more like a disk than anything else, into a slot on Varren's bed.

A hologram of Varren was suddenly above them, showing him exactly as he was.

"Um, poison?" Jak asked, looking up from the book at the hologram which had already begun to change, now showing Varren's circulatory system. All of the veins were there, as well as a mass that showed Varren's heart, all floating without a body above the group. Then at the top where Varren's head would be the beings started turning purple and began to work its way through his veins.

Jak was furiously reading now, his eyes darting back and forth across the pages, occasionally glancing back at the hologram.

"Add the tears." He said suddenly, watching The hologram. The effect was obvious as the purple lessened and red reappeared, but the tears didn't seem to get rid of all the poison, or even most of it. Indeed it just seemed to have slowed the effects for the moments.

"****!" Jak swore, already reading again. "Options!" He yelled suddenly as though expecting something to happen, but with no apparent effect. "Come on you're supposed to start working." He said angrily, his eyes back on the book once again.

Edited by Ryujin13

Fren had trouble looking at the hologram as always but from how Jak was behaving the tears did not work. She looked around before she grabbed a tool that looked similar "Jak, look up a list of tools to help with poison, not how to cure Varren, but tools for dealing with poisons." she suggested. They needed to deal with the poison to cure Varren anyway. thankfully he was out so the spread was much slower then otherwise. But what had her worried the most was his brain being in the poisoned fluids for so long.

She started to press buttons to see what the tools would do. One caused a bunch of tubing to be lowered from the ceiling. She narrowed her eye's. Depending on that tubing purpose those may help. Another tool made her blink. It had too ports and a screen. When the launguage on the screen changed to her's it read "No brain matter." she brought it closer to Varren and it detected and said "Missing data device." she got her data scale device and plugged it in and told it not to hack the device. "If this does what I think it does, I'm going to download and back up Varren's mind. Who knows he might live in another body." she said

(I'm going to start this off back at the fight.)

As Lynn hummed she focused on the seeds, urging them to respond. Within seconds small sprouts emerged writhing as they grew until they were many times Lynn's height and several inches in diameter. The vines although unable to pierce, whacked any stray crabs back into the others range.

A few of the vines perished in the heat of Kara's blast. Lynn tucked the shivering Alina under her wing and turned to face the other side.

Relieved when the crabs turned tail, she let down her guard and in an instant Varren was down. From Fren's reaction Lynn knew what happened. She nudged Alina to go to the others and then set about collecting any undamaged stinger cases she could find.

Lynn shook her head. "Anti-venom is made by injecting small amouts of venom into a healthy host and increasing the quantity over time until the creature can withstand lethal dosages. The creatures blood becomes the anti-venom. This process can take weeks, weeks we don't have," Lynn explained.

(How to make anti-venom, Surely a culture with advanced technology would have made some machine to do this process artificially and quicker.)

Edited by Robin_Ryuu

Jak nodded an affirmative as Fren began her work, still reading as fast as he could.

Suddenly he snapped his fingers, turned, and ran to the opposite end of the lab where a machine sat. It came up to about waist height and had a number of different tools on it as well as a couple of different tubes.

Jak wheeled the whole thing over and attached a cable to Varren's bed, then flipped a switch.

Instantly the thing whirred to life, different lights appearing even as the hologram above Varren changed multiple times.

The machine beeped and it's grasping appendages came to life, each one taking ahold of a different tube and attaching it to a different point of Varren's body. When this was done the device seemed to scan Varren again before turning completely on. Blood began to flow through the tubes, and the hologram above flicked off above the bed.

"Ok, this should separate the poison from Varren's blood." Jak said with a sigh, sitting on an unused bed. "At least I think it should, the book says that it can evaluate problems and works to solve them, so I guess all we can do is wait." He said, turning and going to Kara who was still unconscious in her blankets.

"She's so cold." He said, touching her forehead gently. "And her heart is beating s slow."

"Kara saved us, she's tired." Alina said quietly, tears still trickling down her cheeks as she lay on Kara, straying to warm her up. "Is Varren going to be ok mommy?" She asked, concerned about her friend. "When's he going to wake up?"

Fren nodded "If all goes well then yes Alina he should be alright. He might have some mind damage though but with this I can restore right up till he passed out." she said showing the device.

The hologram seemed to show everything returning to normal then a warning showed up and many spots over Varren's body grew dark. So dark it turned black. Fren stood up and looked at Jak before at the device "Seems poisons was not all it removes." she said looking confused "Jak I can't read holograms but my own suit reads something rapidly spreading in his blood system. Some kind of..... bacteria....." she paused then whirled around "We need the old blood. Fast! Remember when we first found the forest area. He told us he had contracted a virus or something, and a friend had injected nano's into his blood stream to keep it at bay, I think this blood thing is filtering the nanos out." she said before looking at Varren. His scales turning darker all over the place.

She hissed looking around around the room. "I'm no doctor but if I could get a doctor from my kind we'd have this dealt with in moments!" she stated to her self. "Does that book say where the filters are?" she asked not liking the idea of a sickness getting the chance to run rampant in the group.

(The machine probably wouldn't take out things that are obviously beneficial unless it first removed the bacteria as well, but we can work with it.)

Jak began to thumb through the book again then shook his head as he went to the machine.

"All the book says is that the machine will heal you, not how it works." He said, touching a few controls. "It just says to plug it in and it will starts working."

Jak was panicking again as the machine continued to work, trying to figure out how to get the machine to stop.

"Ok, so the venom and the nanobots should be stored inside this machine because I doubt it has a way to dispose of them inside of it." He said, already looking around the machine until he found a compartment. Inside were a number of vials, two of which were filling, one with a purple liquid, the other with what looked like a silver liquid. The blood was going over these two vials and the components were being filtered into the vials.

"Ok I got the filter!" Jak said, pointing at the vial. "I still don't know how to make this thing stop taking the nano's out though. I mean I can read the screen but it doesn't make any sense to me, it's just gibberish."