Ryujin13

Little lost dragon and I

Fren gave Alina a 'behave' look but did nothing further.

Varren smiled a bit and nodded "True, since we met your siblings the groups on high alert, honestly your lucky we did not shoot on sight when we first saw you, yet at the same time, we know we can't shoot at just anyone around the corner either. Thin line to tread in such situations." he admitted. He watched as Kara and Jak returned and it seemed to have gone well, Jak was in a slight daze like state and Kara seemed to have enjoyed her self. He nodded and gave Kara a smile as she wished them good night.

Fren watched Bor give Jak a small drink. When he reached for more she was about to tell him no more but Bor was there to stop him. "I don't normally approve of under age drinking, but tonight was a different night, but don't push it alright?" she said looking at Jak. She then looked at Bor "We know the kind of deals your sister gives, from what Jak's said and done, her deals seem to always include some kind of pleasure or power in exchange you helping her get far more. Or she gives pointless tasks.... most likely to make sure those under know she's on top, notice the burn mark on Jak when he said no." she said "If you had the opportunity, what kinds of deals would you make? What would you offer and what would you want in return if it was accepted?" she asked her eye's somewhat narrowed in a questioning manner.

Varren nodded and looked thoughtful as he waited for Bor's responce.

Bor rubbed his temple a couple of times as questions were asked, then took a drink before sighing and nodding.

"Whatcha have to understand is that my siblings and I are bound by ancient pacts, but you know that of course. These pacts are designed to keep the game even and fair. It keeps say me from pouring power into a mortal being and using him or her as a new piece of the game. They also keep us from losing so much power that we are ineffective. An example would be these deals. Nuria has given Jak power, she has literally taken the tiniest bit of herself and put it into Jak, giving him the skills and abilities requested. She is now less powerful then she was. Now she makes Jak do these tasks, thereby reestablishing her power base as well as netting herself a new game piece. Nothing can be freely given by us, not information, power, or favors. The things that Nuria is getting from Jak might seem pointless to her, but I'm sure that in some way she is playing te game just as any of us are. Now I exploited a loophole to get you all this far, and I'm getting very close to crossing the line as it is. So, what could I do for you? Anything my siblings can, although it is limited to my many incarnations. General things like power or skills are easy, it's when you get to specific requests that things get hazier. And before you ask, no I cannot bring the dead to life, take you home or anything like that. If we were to make a deal, it would first include a mark much like Nuria and Medad led on you Jak. Then we would have to reach an agreement on price. I do have a few things that need to be done, probably a lot like what Nuria's having you do now Jak, but I can at least promise that it won't bring anyone or anything to harm, so there is that. Now I'm not asking for volunteers, let's get that out of the way now. I don't want you all to think that I'm pressuring you. Fact is I would prefer that nobody get there talons in yeh, but that's very hard to manage. So that's where we sit. It's a barter system where favors are the currency."

Fren listened her eye's not leaving Bor for a second as he spoke. When he finished she tilted her head "If nothing can be freely given, then where is the catch for all this? You've given us shelter and food and information, for which we are grateful however now that you mentioned that last thing we need is for you to show up with a..... price to pay back." she said before Varren quickly spoke up "One could argue he is costing us time, time we could be using right now to progress to our goals. However like a dehydrated being finding a well, the being needs to take the time to drink the water to survive the journy, we where nearly ready to shoot anything that moved, we needed time to unwind at the cost of that time to unwind, which Bor provided." he explained.

"Aye, Fren is right, what do I gain by telling you everything? By giving food, shelter, information and the like. A couple of things, first I get entertainment in the form of new friends. Being immortal can get boring after awhile so meeting new people is always nice. Second and more importantly is the help I get from you lot. You already opposed Nuria because of the things she's done, but now that you know the truth you can help me stop her and any who would try and access the red cage. That is what I have gained. Even if I don't have you out fighting her directly I still have the pieces who the others are trying to use aware of the plans and ideas my siblings are hatching. Because you know what is going on I now have an advantage when it comes to stopping my siblings from completing the game." Bor explained.

"You're using us." Jak said, his face going dark as his hand inched towards the sword.

"Yes and no. I need you all to help keep the game ending it is true. But I also need people I can trust to jogger mixed up with the others. I like you all a great deal, I think you have spirit, and I hi I you all can help me a great deal. But if you truly don't like what I'm saying then tell me. I'll leave yeh to it. Look at the whole thing this way, I'm asking you to deal with me. I need help, you lot can begin deciding on what price it's worth."

Varren looked at Bor and signalled Jak to not go for his sword. Even if Bor gave a reason to hate him, Bor was well aware of them, plus fighting a immortal being that can control many more things then just a few weapons or where a weapon aim and fires renders to them at a sever disadvantage, not to mention half a dozen other things.

"So rather then bind us and force us you'd rather we help willingly and you already know how we dislike the idea of the others winning this game, thus the payment was there before you had even met us." Fren said "All in all, sounds like all we need to do is continue on course like we had been before, not be peices for the others to use thus forwarding Bor's ideal of delaying the game because that puts him and his siblings into a stale mate again making the whole thing longer." she said and Varren nodded "Should everything be as you say Bor with out any hidden between those words, our goals then work together with out any direct ties. In which case, we'll gladly resume course when everyone here feels they are recharged enough." he said with a nod and a small smile.

"Correct Fren, but not completely. Let's say our debt is squared, I have given you all rest, food, water and information in exchange for a bit of company and some help in the form of new people being aware of the game at all. So you leave and oppose Nuria for instance on my information. Well what then? It seems to me that I'm in debt to you lot after all. Maybe not this second but in the future for sure. So, what would you all like in return? Sounds like you've got a lot to think about, especially since I owe you all so much."

"I want to meet my real mommy and daddy!" Alina said suddenly, running to the table edge where Bor sat. "I want you to bring them here and I want to meet them." She said, sitting herself down firmly like she did when being extremely stubborn. "Can we do that? Mommy I want to so that." She said, looking at Fren now."

Fren nodded thinking but her eye's flew open as Alina stated what she wanted. "Alina we can't do that, you'd be dragging them into a situation that might end up getting them killed. If you wait till we've at least found a exit to this place and have left it then you will have much more time to visit with them and tell them your story's and hear there's. Dragging them here, only puts them at risk and drags them into a situation they won't like either. I know you want to meet them and I understand that." she explained "It would be best to wait Alina, I know you want to see them, but dragging them here would be unkind not thoughtful for them."

Alina seemed to deflate at Fren's words, saddened that she couldn't meet her parents. "I just want to meet them." She said quietly. "I bet they'd like you mommy, and they'd help everyone go home because they're big and strong and brave and my real mommy is really pretty like Kara."

Bor looked down at the hatchling as the little one spoke, pity whelling up at the knowledge that Alina would likely never get to meet her birth parents.

"It might not be possible to meet them at all Alina." He said quietly, already aware that Fren was giving him a look that could melt ice. "They might not be alive anymore."

"No, that can't be dead because all the shadow dragons are on a trip, Kara said so." Alina said confidently. "So they're just happy somewhere together."

Bor looked at Fren at this, his eyebrows raised in question. "Vacation?" He asked. "Why wouldn't they be looking for you?"

This stopped Alina short, and she seemed to consider the matter for a good while before shrugging. "Maybe they left me with someone, or the castle left a fake egg, or maybe I was on vacation with them and I've only been gone a few minutes to them but times gone by quicker for me just like with Medad."

Fren smiled and gave Alina a gentle kiss on the top of her head then looked at Bor as he spoke up. She indeed was giving him a look that would melt ice should it have emitted heat. "Thing is we don't know either way for sure, until then Alina lets not jump to conclusions alright?" she said gently before looking at Bor "We don't want to get our hopes up or down until we know more of when and where you came from." she explained her voice gentle but her eye's having a look of do not dare challenge what she just said.

Varren nodded "For what we'd ask in return we'll have to take some time to think of the payment, and also the time so that way you don't end up paying and find out things did not go according to plan, as much as we dislike your siblings, the possibility remains." he said "However, you've been answering a lot of questions, do you have any for us?" he asked leaning back looking curiuse

Bor chose not to contridict Fren when the Shatong spoke up about Alina's parents, but to the others it was obvious he wasn't to keen on the idea. He watched as Alina went back over to Fren's side of the table and laid down, obviously getting tired now as she yawned.

"Questions for you? The thing about being an ideal is I already know a lot about your societies, religions especially. Very hard to miss things when you get all new information whenever someone reimagines you. That being said, I do like to hear about others lives, what they've done and how's they've lived. Knowing all about a race is nice but it means you miss everything important like its people. So, tell me about your lives if you're willing to." He said, glancing at the group.

Maybe it was the alcohol, but Jak started talking first, the story of his early life to his current one, of his time in prison and then his new family adopting him.

"It sounds like they care for ya a lot Jak." Bor said quietly as Jak spoke about his family. "And it sounds like you care for them a lot as well."

Jak nodded quietly, his eyes watering at the thought of his parents before he suddenly grabbed at his belt and pulled out his cell phone.

This he turned on (still at full power oddly enough) and began to thumb through his pictures until he found one.

It showed Jak with an older human couple in their mid 50's or so. They were standing in front of a huge sign although the words couldn't be made out. They were smiling as was Jak, but he wasn't the same person in the photo as the one sharing. In the photo he seemed more worn, more on edge, and certainly a lot younger.

"That was about a year or so after they adopted me." He explained, showing Bor, then Fren. "We took a family road trip all over the world. I was... I wasn't fun to be around then, they were still trying to bring me out of my shell. I was still afraid that they were just going to abandon me like the others in my life so I was still saying and doing terrible things. But they just took it and listened and spoke softly. Mom said this was the first time I really smiled since we became a family. She said I had smiled before but it was always just for show or a shadow of a true smile, but this one was real. I guess we were at a museum or something, and I was really into flight simulators at the time, and I beat an actual pilot at it. I got a plaque and everything. I guess he hadn't been beaten in a long time, it's stupid but at the time it was the greatest thing that had happened in a long time, and I started turning around at that point. I still have the plaque too, it's still on my wall by my bed." He said, shrugging finally and leaning back.

"They sound like good people Jak." Bor said, gripping Jak's shoulder and squeezing. "They must be proud of you."

Varren nodded and listened as Jak spoke about his family and such. After Jak finished his story he spoke up as Fren glanced at him. "Not much really to say about my life, was hatched in a war zone, my mother died protecting her eggs from the bombings and some how my egg was the only one to survive, I lived and trained in combat and eventually made my way to squad commander, a while afterwards though I was leading my team into a enemy base with many others to take it down before the foe's launched a radiation bomb. This castle brought me here when a short range artillery shell landed right by me, I saw the flames, felt the shock wave then I was here. I should be dead." he said "Since then I've..... spent more time then I can remember, I was once with a group, found a mate in the first one, a mythical being, she had the ability to control nature." he said looking at Bor "However she.... vanished and I haven't seen her since, the others of the group either vanished or died..... or where taken by the.... abominations of this castle. I dread the day I see one again though, she was..... ripped in half when they took her, a innocent shy being, last I saw her though she was one of them....." he shook his head "Fast forward till now and I plan to see this group to the end." he said with a nod.

Fren looked at the table and narrowed her eye's knowing it was her turn now. She sighed "Things did not start out bad.... I was young and like the others I was..... happy, not a care in the world. The way all children of that age should be, but then energy bombs fell from the sky, I was caught in ones shock wave and thrown away by it, as a result, I threw me out of the area that was being hit and I was one of the few survivors, all my friends, family, home..... everything I knew, was there one moment, then it was reduced to flames and ash the next. I was nursed by to health, by then all out war had been declared as the hu.... foes bombed 2 other planets before my people pushed them out and took the fight to them. I devoted my life to training special forces. With the war in full gear, they needed people to get information, I showed a skill for such so they took me in. I was trained more or less to be an assassin, for most of the time, my only goal was to kill those that destroid my home. As already said, vengence unchecked can harm....." she said looking at the table "It did not hit me till I...... took a childs life on accident, I was aboard a colony ship and got into a bit of a fire fight with its security, a child was..... too curiuse for his own good, came out of a vent as I fire, he was caught in the cloud and with no protection.... I vowed to never harm a innocent again after that. I knew I needed help.... but I was far too deep in enemy territory to get it." she explained quietly "Shortly afterwards.... I was brought here, I put my vow to work. And well..... I think you all know the rest after that." she said quickly

Bor listened quietly to the stories that were told, his gaze distant as he reflected on what was said.

When all was said and the sorties ended though he looked around again.

"My thanks for sharing." He said quietly. "I'm just sorry to hear that such things have happened to the lot of ya'." He turned to look at Varren specifically when he heard about Varren's old friends and group, his eyes sad as well. "I can't promise you anything Varren, you know how much the castle likes to break promises, but I will do everything in my power to get you and your group out of here alive. I don't want to see any of you lot hurt in this stupid game." He sighed and leaned back, taking a long drink as he did so.

Jak meanwhile had listened quietly to Fren with the utmost intensity. He might have been mildly drunk but he would remember what she said for a long time afterward. She had literally given everyone a look into her mind, which was in of itself a rare thing, but not only that she had spoken about her past, something neither Jak nor any of the others knew anything about.

"I'm going to go to bed." Jak mumbled, standing and wandering off as Bor bid him goodnight.

"I think Jak and Kara have the right ideas, the night is coming on and rest is needed. You can of course stay tomorrow as promised if you wish, but I would start thinking about my next move if I were you. I hear that planetarium Jak mentioned is very interesting." Bor said slyly before slipping off into the night and disappearing.

Varren nodded "Thank you, having allies is never something to have too many of." he said with a nod. After Fren had said her story he watched her refuse to look anyone in the eye, which was odd as she normally always did. She just looked at the table like she regretted something, be it saying her story or her mistake. Or something else entirely.

He nodded as Jak got up and announced he was going to bed. He looked at Bor next when he spoke up and tilted his head to the side. Jak mentioned a planetarium? He could have sworn Kara found that out in the room where they found Alina after she went missing. However by the time Varren could reply Bor was already gone. He then looked to Fren who gently scooped up Alina in her arms and gave Varren a curt nod before heading to the beds and tucking Alina in. Afterwards she went to bed her self with out a word.

He sighed and instead of slithering towards the beds, he went to the large tree where Jak and Kara had a bit of a date, he coiled up and rested his head on his arms on his coils and sat there gazing into the the waters reflection. Thoughts of his long lost mate running through his head. Karen, some kind of goddess, he never did figure that part of her out, after a bit he won her trust, and Shesha....... her body may never get to rest again, forced and corrupted to serve the castle as its horrifying guard of some sort, he saw her once, and was able tot get away, and that Allioka alien, she was similar to Fren, very much in a way of thinking, took near death to crack her ways, and another girl...... she had a zoid, though her, her partner and her zoid had just..... went missing. And the organoid, delayed a...... would that demon like dragon creature still be alive after all this time?

He shivered at the thought, they'd be all killed in no time should that creature find them, as fast as lightning, as cruel as shark gone mad, and his insanity knowing no bounds. If he recalled correctly, the drakes name was....

Crusher.

Vita paused by a wall section, his drones signel the strongest here. He looked at it and scanned it. "Appearance, stone, molecular structure suggested ruse. Unknown." he said as he analyzed it.

((He's standing right where the entrance was or is))

Edited by little lost dragon

As the group went to bed Bor's attention shifted elsewhere in the universes, checking on the many different ploys and moves that he had made in the great game . Se had been countered of course, others stalemated, but a few had gotten through and advanced his cause one step further.

He was always tied to what the group was perceiving as a forest clearing however, and when he felt something messing with the outer boundary he immediately turned his full attention to that spot.

The stones were completely silent as Bor rose from the floor behind the metal thing that was so interested in his portal. Bor's huge axe was held at the ready as he cleared his throat loudly.

"Interesting that you can detect my area of influence at all, now what is your designation and who do you serve?" He demanded, taking a step forward to show he meant business.

(Back in the clearing)

Kara lay awake as the others went to sleep, her golden eyes reflecting the starlight as she watched them advance across the sky. She couldn't sleep, not with what had happened rolling through her head. She actually liked Jak and didn't regret the kiss on its own, she just regretted its consequences. What if Jak died? She stopped at that and frowned. Jak was going to die at some point and she would see it unless things didn't work out. But what if they were transported from the castle and they didn't stay together?

No matter how she thought about it nothing came to her, nor could she drift off to sleep with her head buzzing like it was, so, for lack of a better option she decided to go flying.

After tiptoeing off a ways she quickly undressed and burst into flame, quickly becoming a Phoenix.

With a flap of her wings she was off, soaring high over the hill and lake, the cool night air giving her a feeling of freedom she had missed for awhile.

She soared high above the hill and looked at the ruins, noting their pattern as odd before finally closing her eyes and just allowing herself to drift in the wind. After a few minutes she looked down again at where she had kissed Jak and saw a familiar shape coiled at the trees base.

Curiosity blooming she swooped down and alighted on a branch over Varren and trilled loudly, making sure he was aware of her presence.

She could see he was troubled and made a cooing sound that ended in a higher note, trying to convey her questioning what was wrong.

Shaking her head Kara took off and went back to her clothes where she quickly turned human, got dressed, then walked back down to Varren, her golden eyes shining in the dark as she approached.

"Sorry, I um, I don't like people to see me... You know." She said, her face flushing. "Anyway, what's wrong? Why're you down here instead of in bed?"

Vita turned around his metal slit in his head that glowed green that was between 2 small shield like plates. "I am the ARM commander, you have one of my many creations beyond this..... portal." his voice metallic "I know there is life that has allowed it to stay with them, I am programmed to keep life going, provided it does not threaten my goals. CORE has relentlessly killed any living thing they come across, and or captured it for study to enhance there AI that was developed out of there own people. They beleive it made them immortal." he said before looking back at the portal "My construction matirx is damaged on my arrival here." he admitted "Thus I ordered the only unit that came with me to find a group of survivors and stay with them."

Varren looked up at the trill and saw Kara in her true form. He nodded and when the questioning cooing sound came he was about to respond but she shook her head and took off before returning in human form, her eye's glowing in the dark. He nodded as she spoke "Its alright..... as for whats wrong.... nothing wrong persay just troubling memory's. And we'll be resuming course, and when we do, we may never get the chance to recharge like we can now. The castle is bound to be frustrated with us now, I worry about what kinds of tests and challenges it will throw to make us pay for this." he said with a sigh "There's..... another problem I haven't spoke of yet, I do not know if he still lives, if he does I'm not suprized. He killed one of my last group before he took off. Fast as lightning, too cruel for words, and insane. He was covered in a bone plating as well that at the time, my own weapons could only blow off a small chunk of his armor. I hope to heaven he perished because if he has not, he could be watching in the darkness." he said with a visible shiver "Aside from him..... thoughts of my mate weight heavy on me as well. She vanished..... I did not see her die..... sometimes I hope that one day, I'll find her again."

Bor frowned at this, searching his memory for anything like this but couldn't come up with anything. Eventually he lowered the axe but continued to watch the being for a little bit.

"Fine you can come in." He said finally. "Let's be clear though, if you even look at the others funny I'll have your head turned into a flower pot. Now, the others are asleep so you wait until morning to talk to them. You can wait near the entrance." Bor said, waving a hand at the wall where a door appeared. Bor opened it and let Vita in, then closed it and turned to face the robot.

"I'm sure the others will tell you about everything that has transpired assuming they accept you, but now you wait here. I have to go but don't think for a second you aren't being watched." Bor finished threateningly before turning and vanishing into midair.

"I'm sorry." Kara said, sitting beside Varren. "This place does seem to love to destroy good things." She said, talking about Varren and his mate. "What was she like? What was her name?" She asked, suddenly going pale and quickly shaking her head. "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't pry, it's not my business. Um, let's discuss Crusher some more. He seems like a nasty business, maybe we got lucky and the castle killed him for us." She said, trying to take Varren's mind away from her stupid questions.

Vita looked at Bor then at Bor's axe then back to Bor. Hard to miss he just sized the being up before he entered the entrance way. "They already accept the drone, the drone follows my every command, once they understand that, they'll know I don't intent to kill." he said before he seemed to go still "Power saving mode on, motion sensors active though."

Varren sighed and nodded as Kara mentioned how the place loved to destroy good things. He seemed to stare into space as Kara asked a few questions about his lost mate. He looked at her though when she seemed to go pale in the moon light and change the subject. He looked back to the water slowly and seemed to just gaze past it "Her name was Karen.... she was a troubled being, some kind of goddess..... she could never fully explain it to me, she was..... she kept those in line, helped everyone remember there place, yet she was not disliked or anything. When dealing with me she..... she was an equal, and I think she liked that too, she was slow to trust at first, her past had..... damaged her ability to trust other males, I was suprized when she..... offered me a chance honestly. After that we nearly spent every waking moment at least in each others sight, till one day..... I woke up with her place among my coils empty, not like she climbed out or anything...... just.... gone, like she had never existed in the first place..." he said quietly before he looked back to Kara his reptilian eye's looking right into her's and his face darkened "As for Crusher, he showed up before Karen vanished, and on the first day, killed one of my closest friends, a Organoid, bio like robot, last I saw the drake, he was holding my friend tail like a trouphy. the Drake possessed speed and skill, and for his size, very agile as well, he seemed to be able to cloak as well making him very hard to track, more so because of his speed and agility, never had I seen a creature move like that, and I've seen many drakes in my time." he said "He had some kind of natural bone platting making many attacks have a reduced effect on him. Should he still live, who knows what he's become, more of a monster? one of the castle guards? Something else entirely? i don't know." he admitted now looking at the sky "What about you Kara? What troubles your mind?" he asked looking knowingly at her, she would not be here if she could sleep.

"I hope Crusher's dead if he's as bad as you say. He sounds like an opponent that this group wouldn't want to fight." She commented. "As for me, I'm just... Worried I guess. I'm wondering if I did the right thing letting Jak into my life. It's not because I don't like him or even because I'm immortal, I'm just worried that when this is over we won't be given an option on where to go. So what then? He goes to his universe, I go to mine and we try to forget? I don't know, I'm just worried it might come down to that. I'm not even worried about him dying, I've seen plenty of it, although never a loved one, and if I die I'll be reborn a few days later so that's not a big deal, it's just..." She shrugged and sighed, looking up at the moon above. "I could undo my decision I know, but I don't know if I really want to. He's a good person when he's not being stupid, he didn't even try to make any moves beyond the kiss tonight." She shrugged again and smiled. "Many hearths, one fire." She said. "That's what my parents would have told me if they weren't ashamed of me. It means that in get as many lives as there are years until the end of the universe, and that I should do what I started doing, there's always the next life to try again." She shrugged and finally laid back, watching a few fireflies to by. "I like this place, it's calm, peaceful even. I wish we could stay longer, but I think if we want to go home we should start searching for that observatory tomorrow. The longer we stay here the longer Nuria has to find an end game and get the red cage."

Varren nodded listened as Kara spoke and thought on it. "When Karen and I got together we.... also had to think about such things. thing was, we only had one life. And this is part of that one chance. And for all we knew we would die here in this castle as well. Neither of us wanted to die alone...." he said quietly before he sighed "For you though.... some ways your the one that has it the best here, should you die, you get another chance, Jak though... he's young, maybe too young in his maturity age. I must to be careful with him, make sure he's thinking of the future. There was a saying on the world I come from, first love can be rose coloured glasses." he explained "Such things can be.... fatal in situations like this, Karen was not my first love, she was my second, but when I met my first love I..... made some mistakes of my own. Before I was a commander thankfully but the fact remains." he said before stretching a little and looking at the sky "And agreed, tomorrow we'll resume our course. We know our goal, and from the sounds of it, Bor is willing to aid our group in that goal." he said with a smile and slowly uncoiled and he looked at Kara "We should try to rest up, we have a few hours still before its time to wake." he said starting to slither to the beds but paused "And Kara, for what its worth, and things turn out for the better, I wish you and Jak luck. I'll try to help where I can."

Kara nodded quietly to all that Varren said before standing as well and walking along beside him.

"Did you know I'm basically the same age as Jak?" She asked suddenly. "I mean yes I'm 150 but in Phoenix years that's about 15 or so. We age a lot slower then other species, just like Alina will." She lapsed into silence again for a few moments before looking back at Varren again. "Do you think Crusher is alive?" She asked quietly, almost scared of the answer. "Could he have survived this long?"

(Writers block, go ahead and time skip to breafast if you want.)

Varren seemed to think on what Kara mentioned then shook his head "Physicle age has its place however your maturity and experience far surpasses that of a 15 year old." he pointed out "My kind we...... we age slower then humans, and provided nothing terrible happens in ones life, they can end up living just about forever if they manage being extremely frail." he said before he paused "Crusher has spent less time here then I have, he has his chances though.... I can not say for sure." he admitted before resuming. "For now, get the rest you can alright? Where going back into the fire tomorrow. We'll need you at your best." he said as they resumed.

He slithered with her to her bed and as she climbed in a flash back happened, the girl, from the reinnhabatation camp. But just like that, it was gone. He blinked a few times then tucked Kara in a little. His hand clearly not used to doing such but she had been frightened by the thought of Crusher. he had to make it up some how "Rest now Kara." he said gently before he slithered over to his own bed that was very large compared to the others to fit his coils in all the way.

The next morning Fren was the first to wake this time. She yawned and got up and went over to the body of water and stepped in till it was up to her waist. then she just seemed to stand there in the water, her tail making gentle s like ripples. With the others asleep, and the want to just.... swim being there, she indulged her self this time. Just this once. She liked the feeling of the water flowing around her. Felt like a cold but snug like hug. Of course she'd never admit that to anyone if they did see.

Kara smiled up at Varren as he tucked her in before leaning up and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks Varren." She said quietly before rolling onto her side and falling asleep.

Kara didn't wake up until breakfast time the next day which was around nine in the morning, but Jak did. He was up about an hour before hand and out a ways throwing up the alcohol left in his system. No matter what Bor had said Jak was a lightweight and that much in one sitting meant that he had a horrific hangover.

After emptying his stomach Jak went back to the table and drank coffee, his head and arm laying on the table and his whiskers drooping. In all he was a pathetic sight to behold, and he looked as miserable as he felt.

Jak didn't even notice that Fren was missing, and barely even reacted when the others began to move, instead continuing to drink coffee until finally after a half hour or so his stomach once more gave out and he ran off to throw up some more.

"What's wrong with fuzzy?" Alina asked curiously as she sat on the table and watched Jak run off. "Why doesn't he look good?"

Varren got up after a bit and joined the others at the table and smiled a little as Jak took off to go throw up some more. "Jak's what many would call a light weight." he said to Alina's question "Your both too young to be drunk or having hang overs, which is what Jak is having as we speak." he said before noticing Fren not around "Though...... anyone seen Fren? Its unlike her to be late for anything." he said looking puzzled. Then some thuds could be heard. He frowned then looked around then spotted the source. A large robot like being was making its way over to them. Though the drone flew around him almost happily.

Vita approached the table now that they all seemed to be up and such. He paused a ways off "Greetings life forms. I come in peace. I thank you for not trying to destroy my drone which let me find you."

Edited by little lost dragon

Alina looked around as well, realizing for the first time that mommy wasn't there. She had been watching fuzzy so closely that she hadn't even realized that Fren had gone.

She was about to run off to search but was interrupted by the big metal man who came forward. Alina's eyes grew large at this, already remembering the different things in the castle that had tried to hurt them. That being said this thing talked and said that it knew the flying thing that had been with the group for awhile, so there was that.

Finally Alina decided to investigate and edged closer to the giant metal person before stretching as far as she could and sniffing it, then touching it with a claw before running back to Varren with a nervous giggle.

"Varren, I'm going to find mommy." She said after she got back to the table. "I want her to meet the metal man!" She said before tearing off down the hill, her wings and body barely in a state of control as she ran. Sometimes she would stumble and fall, rolling a ways down before getting back up, seemingly unhurt. It took her a few minutes but she finally spotted Fren in the lake and ran out, jumping in after.

For hardly ever been near water before Alina was a good swimmer. Indeed it seemed instinctive for her to know how to move her body to go forward and how to use her wings as balancing aids. That being said she didn't go far from the shore and stayed near the six foot mark where she could still see the bottom.

"Mommy! Mommy you left!" She called as she swam to the edge and looked out. "Fuzzy's sick and there's a big metal person who says that the funny flying thing is his!" She said, treading water as she waited patiently for Fren to come back to shore.

Jak meanwhile had emptied his stomach again and managed to stagger upright long enough to spot the large and obviously heavily armed robot that was facing his friends. Without giving much thought he moved as fast as he could to his bed, grabbed his still sheathed sword and staggered in front of the group, drawing his sword and holding it in a ready position as best he could.

"You're not going to hurt anyone." He said, wiping his mouth on one hand. "Not unless you go through me first."

Behind him Kara rolled her eyes and walked up, gently pushing his hands down before taking the sword and sheathing it again.

"It's ok Jak, Bor wouldn't let it in here unless he was sure it was safe, let's go get you cleaned up alright?" She said, carefully leading Jak off towards the hot spring down the hill. There she helped him get in, then stayed with him until he was at least clean.

"Come on, you need to rest for awhile until your hangover gets better. How about that oak?" She asked, letting Jak shuffle beside her until they reached the oak and sat down.

"I hate Bor." Jak said, holding his head in both hands. "He promised that there wouldn't be any side effects."

Kara smiled at this but didn't comment. Instead she just held his hand, playing with the fur on his paw.

Jak groaned again as another wave of pain passed through his skull, finally making Kara shake her head and pull Jak down so that his head was in her lap. "Close your eyes." She commanded as she placed her fingers on each side of his head. Once there she began to touch his temples and forehead with her fingers, sometimes barely touching sometimes pressing with a bit more force.

There they sat for awhile afterwards, all while the events on the hill unfolded.

Vita watched the hatchling come over and give him a sniff and a touch before taking off. The slit on his 'face' glowing a soft constant green. He watched her then take off before shortly afterwards another being showed up. This one somewhat stumbled between him and group then held a sword somewhat unsteadily. A quick scan showed the new being to be of very little threat. The amount of damage would disarm the being showed he try to attack.

He then looked at Kara when she got Jak to stand down and nodded before looking at Varren, the one one still here now. "From what my drone got, quite the event happening." he said. Varren gave a slow nod and asked a few of his own questions. Soon Varren was filling in Vita on the details.

Fren looked up from her floating on the water surface 4 5th's submerged her breasts barely visible and part of her thighs sticking out of the water along with her head. Her tail slowly swimming her around. She saw Alina and sighed. Seemed her relax time was already over. She sighed and swam over and flipped back onto her feet extending her legs to reach the sand a long ways below her till she was on the shore the water running off in many tiny rivers off her scales. "Alright Alina, I'll go investigate." she said suppressing a sigh.

(guah writers block)