Ryujin13

Little lost dragon and I

Fren was a bit suprized when Kara hugged her. But then again, Kara was never bothered by a few things that most creatures with a human form are. She lead Kara out gently holding her hand. Out side in the hall now Fren paused as Alina came running over happily and told her of the game. Alina's she had never heard of, hang man she had. She nodded and smiled before Varren slithered over.

"Halls on both sides seem to be clear. However no sign of the elevator" he said before noticing the held hands of Fren and Kara. The talk must of gone well for Fren to hold hands with anyone besides Alina. "Jak? Anything useful left in that holobook?" he asked

"Nothing." Jak said, flipping open the book again. "There's stuff about guardians, different rooms he's seen, observations about different things, but nothing about an exit, a control room or even an energy source. He mentions his confusion on the lack of them a couple of times, then gives a couple of ideas on why he can't find one, but they're all over the place. In one he says there might not be a control room, in another he thinks maybe it's all automated, oh and my favorite he thinks maybe the creators are just doing a big experiment and we're basically rats in a maze for their amusement. I can't even find a sentence on how to find the elevator. He mentions it once, saying that he found it, then a couple more times when he mentioned using it, but nothing bellyful at all." Jak sighed and shut the book again before shaking his head. "There's just not much help in here. It's more like a tour guide then anything, like this guy got to wander around without being bothered at all." He seemed to consider this for a moment then shook his head. What might have happened in the past didn't immediately help them, which mean there were better things to think on.

When Kara realized she was still holding Fren's she let to and looked at the rest of the group, then listened to Jak. He didn't seem to know what to do and even if he did act like an idiot sometimes he certainly knew what to look for in a book and if he said that something wasn't useful... Well it probably wasn't.

"What about keys or maps or something?" Kara asked, but Jak was already shaking his head.

"No I already looked." He said. "It doesn't mention anything at all. Like I said, I think the author got special treatment for some reason."

Kara opened her mouth to speak, but suddenly a whoosh of flames a little way down the corridor appeared and out from it stepped Nuria, this time wearing a long red evening gown with gold trim in the shape of flames.

"There you are Jak!" She said, slinking over and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Hello Nuria." Jak said a little stiffly. "Um, what are you doing here?"

"Now don't tell me you've forgotten about our little arrangement dear. I give you strength, stamina, speed and skill in the art of fighting so that you can impress these people, and win their affections, especially this little bird." Nuria said with a sneer "Goodness knows why you want her since I could give you any female you could think of, but in return for all that, you would do nine little tasks for me. Remember?" She asked sweetly, her fingers tracing Jak's whiskers.

"What do you want him to do?" Kara asked curiously, really interested in what was being said. This was the first real information she had on this issue since Jak had told them what he had done.

Instead of an answer all Kara got was a look of anger that turned into a smile after a mere moment.

"Cute little birdies don't need to know before my little champion, especially little birds who can't even control themselves." Nuria said, holding up a hand and causing fire to dance around her fingers in different shapes. "Of course there's always room for another deal to be made. I'm sure Jak here wouldn't mind your company, he pines after you so after all, and I can give you the control you so crave. Oh I know all about your accidents, far more then you've even told Fren here about. I can make that stop, give you total control, full use of your abilities without fear of hurting your little friends. You can go back to your clan, and they will take you in again."

Nuria smiled again letting this thought take root before turning to look at Jak and shaking her head. "Oh dear, it looks like my dear brother got his hands on you. A penance band, tsk tsk Jak, you've been naughty, now I have to be even more careful in what I tell you to do or you could die. Luckily this first one's easy." Nuria said, holding out a small bag with a smile. Inside were a number of small flames cut from a red metal. Beyond that they were unremarkable.

"When you next enter a room, any room, bathroom, bedroom, armory, whatever, place this bag in a prominent place, and put one of these on top."

Jak began to ask a question but Nuria placed a finger over his lips and turned to fast Kara.

"So little bird, what do you say? Control, maybe more in exchange for nine jobs? Real bargain."

Kara only managed to shake her head as she clamped her mouth shut, not trusting herself to answer with a no.

"That's to bad bird, but no that I'm always on call, so give me a ring if you change your mind. I'm always hiring.""

Varren nodded and was about to pick a direction when Medad's sister showed up. He looked at her now on his guard. He watched Nuria speak with Jak and blinked. So Jak is buying his skill and fame? This made him frown. Then she started to offer Kara a deal. Thankfully she was able to at least shake her head no.

Fren placed her self in front of Kara so she cut her off from Nuria "I don't think you'll be causing more trouble with this group after Jak's done your nine jobs. You are not welcomed nor do we want your help with strings." she hissed making Varren a little worried with Fren's hostility towards Nuria "Not only have you just wrecked any future chance Jak might of had of impressing anyone, but you still require him to do the nine tasks." she was about to say more but Varren got her attention and shook his head. She looked back at Nuria her eye's hostile. This god like being was trying to take advantage of those under her. And more and more the group was becoming her family. Thus Nuria was trying to take advantage of her family. For any female Shatong this would provoke a defensive mother instinct.

Nurias's eyes grew angry for a few seconds at Fren standing up to her, but the look was gone as quick as it came and was replaced with her smile again.

"I don't know why you're so angry with me, it's not like I forced my champion here to do anything. He willingly came to me and told me what he wanted. I think maybe you are having your views influenced by my brother correct? He probably told you that I was manipulative and only looking for my own gains and that I interfered with mortals more then he did. Some of that is true to a degree, but so are some of the things he told you about himself. For instance, You drank that water right? Saw the dog and the bird, the scales? That was my dear brother. He is the afterlife, he is judge, jury, and executioner. He can see everything you have been, are and could be. You've been asleep for over two weeks after you drank that water, and the judgment is only the part you remember. So don't look at him like he's some sort of saint, oh no, he's as manipulative as I could ever be. Jak here put on the ring thinking it would just help him go straight, but no, it will kill him if he-" She stopped suddenly, her mouth forming words but no sound coming out. After a few seconds she stamped her foot angrily and vanished in another burst of flame while the brand on Jak burned hot for a few moments.

"That was strange." Kara said, giving Jak an appraising look. This new information was interesting to say the least, especially with the deal that Jak had made with Nuria, especially since he had turned down the offer of any other female he could think of. That thought was both strange but also sweet in a creepy sort of way.

"What do we do now?" Jak finally asked, his mood sullen after Nuria's little visit. As he listened he picked Alina up who was shivering from what had just happened, and handed her to Fren.

Alina didn't quite understand what all had been said, at least in context, but she now understood that fuzzy had made a deal with the lady that said bad things about Medad. The thought of Medad brought tears to her eyes, and she quietly began to cry, upset that Medad was such scary things and not the nice fat man she had met. Why did the mean lady have to come? Why couldn't she just leave the group alone?

Fren looked at Nuria as she spoke eye's hostile still but she was taking in what was being said. Then suddenly Nurias seemed to lose her voice. With a few actions she was gone just like that. Fren nodded as Kara mentioned that strange. What was the real deal with that ring? She took Alina as the hatchling was handed to her and gently her gently against her cest stroking the young one with her other hand. She looked at Varren who looked a bit grime.

"We resume our goals. However it appears our situation is.... far more dire then we thought. Kara and I are the only ones I feel safe saying are not tied to..... what ever those to have going. Fren I know your tied to Jak in some way as no one.... changes like that after everything that built up. And Alina wears a bracelet given to her by Medad as well. None the less those two seems to be trying to get us to side with either. We are the wold cards, what for neither of them seem willing to say. However I could not help Nurias was silenced before she could finish her line. That alone says something." he explained and looked at Jak. He did not mention it but he hoped Jak will not charge in head first. Who knows what kind of trouble the group was in in for now. "Untill further notice, both Medad and Nurias are not to be trusted. Not until we know exactly whats going on and have a way to verfy who's saying the truth." he stated feeling sorry for Alina, this was hard on her.

Fren nodded and used the tip of her tail and placed it on Jak's shoulder. "Lets start moving. We can continue the discussion as we go." she said and Varren nodded. She looked at Kara and nodded. she did not mention it as Kara seemed to not want her issues known to the whole group. But she gave a small smile and nod letting Kara know she was proud of the girl for not accepting the deal that was made to her by Nurias.

Jak looked at Alina, wondering what kind of hold over her Medad had. It didn't seem like anything particular since Alina could remove her bracelet at will. She had also said that the bracelet would help her find Medad again. Maybe she was bait? That didn't seem like something Medad would do, but then again Nuria was much more open about her manipulation a and she had still managed to snare himself, so who knew what Medad was capable of.

Jak sighed and looked down at the bag before reaching in and pulling out the metal flames. They were flat, perfectly smooth flames crafted from metal. Absolutely nothing special about them just that the metal was colored to resemble a flame and that they were each about two inches tall. Shaking his head he put the plate back inside the leather bag and shoved it into his pack before looking at the others.

"I think it's safe to assume that neither are telling the truth." Kara said, unsettled by Nuria's words. "Although I'm still inclined to believe Medad over her. He always said that he couldn't interfere to much, that Nuria could do more. He mentioned that he was an aspect given form but wouldn't say what, he also said that-"

"Doesn't matter." Jak said suddenly, looking up at. Kara. "The point is that we are in the middle of what seems to be if not a fight then a contest between the two. Medad didn't tell us the truth, at least not the parts that mattered, and who knows what else he has going on behind what he said. Some of the things that Nuria said were just..." He paused and scratched an ear ten shook his head. "I don't know, I'm just sure that they were the truth. The par about the dog and the bird, the scales, everything she said was true. I know for a fact that Nuria's not to be trusted, and now... Well I guess we can't trust Medad either." He said, causing Alina to turn and look at him, obviously angry.

She had tears on her cheeks, but her back stiffened like an angry cat's would have, and she shook from her emotions, already starting to phase in and out a little.

"Don't say that fuzzy! Medad is the nicest person ever, he doesn't lie, and you shouldn't lie about him!" She yelled angrily, although the effect was somewhat lost because her voice was so small.

"Alina, he lied to us." Jak began, but Alina was already shaking her head.

"No he didn't! Medad doesn't lie, and you're just not a nice person saying things like that!" Alina cried with a hiccup that shot black energy to scorch the floor. Jak's face got a stunned look on it at this point as his last friend told him that she didn't like him anymore. Without another word he turned and walked off always and sat against the wall.

Kara stepped in at this point and began to try and explain, but Alina had already put her paws to her years and was shaking her head and saying no repeatedly so she couldn't hear the bad things everyone was saying.

Fren looked at Varren who echoed her expression. This was getting out of hand and fast. "ENOUGH!" Varren suddenly shouted to silence every one. "Where caught in the middle of something. For better or worse we'll have to work our way through it. No one is to speak unless its something that you know will help the group. Until I say so nothing else is to be spoken about." he said using his squad leadership voice. He was not getting after anyone in particular. But someone had to stop the train before it hit a cliff. "Fren keep your eye's open. Kara your to help her with Alina. Alina, your to listen to them. Jak, your with me, I want you going through that holobook for any more info you might of missed." he ordered "Lets move." he finished off saying.

If he had the affect he had ordered the group moved on in silence. maybe a suggestion here or there about which path at junctions but not much else. He allowed Jak to hitch a ride on his coils for ease of reading as they moved. Fren had her eye's closed and focused on her chemical radar for signs of movement and changes down the halls as she kept with the group holding Alina. After a bit Varren sighed and paused to look at the group. "You all may speak now. But I don't want to hear more arguing." he said and Fren nodded before resuming.

Lynn listened to her surroundings as best she could but her mind was elsewhere. She wasn't able to do anything at any of the groups disagreements. "You're a horrible arbiter aren't you", she mocked herself.

Lynn decided to speak up about something that was bugging her. "If we manage to escape what do you think would happen to us? Would we be split up and be returned to where each of us came from or do you think we'll just be dumped out in some random place?, she asked.

Alina went silent almost instantly, her eyes wide and fearful as they watched Varren. She had never been yelled at before, not for anything, and especially not to be told to shut up. As ordered she didn't say another word, but continued to hiccup now and then, shooting small bolts of darkness to hit the ground and walls every time she did.

Jak took up his seat as ordered and opened the book, starting on chapter one again and beginning to read as the group moved. It was slow going, and already three chapters in he still hadn't found anything. Finally he took the cube which projected the book itself out and began to look at it. He knew what most of the controls did, but he figured it didn't hurt to check.

So he sat and he pushed buttons, and different things happened to the book, from the language changing, to the letters turning red, but nothing important like new pages showing up or a map or anything useful.

So Jak went back into the section which mentioned Medad and re-read it, watching for hints or clues about what was happening, hoping to see something, anything that might help.

And so it went for an hour, then two, then three, and still nothing of interest from the book.

Jak did manage to complete Nuria's request when they passed through a large, empty, room where he deposited the bag on a random table.

Finally he closed the book, having finished it again and shook his head.

"Nothing." Jak said, watching the book disappear into thin air again. "Just the same stuff. No clues, no instructions, not even a 'hello this might be helpful' page. It's like the author just didn't finish it. Like I said the last paragraph ends mid-sentence, so there's either another book, he died, gave up, or went home. And no the last paragraph isn't any different, it's just talking about some room that's has a big planetarium. He's talking about how one of the planets has 13 different moons, like that helps."

Kara thought on this, then frowned. "Maybe there's a secret message or something?" She asked tentatively. "Like it only shows up under a certain light, or maybe a code or something?"

Jak shrugged and pulled out the cube. "If it's got a secret message then I have no idea how to access it, and frankly I doubt there is one. This guy doesn't seem the type from his writing, he seems more like a tourist or archeologist or something."

Varren paused and thought on Lynn's question. "To be honest, I do not know. I've never escaped this place yet and I have yet to meet anyone who has. We did stop by a few planets where it allowed sight seeing but none of them with environments the group could thrive in for any extended period of time." he explained "Should we escape.... I suppose we'll just have to pray its on a planet we all can at least thrive on. Unless we find a way to control where it goes but even then, that's assuming it will be using a method of navigation we can read." he said as they entered the large room. He paused the group and reminded Jak about placing the flames on top of the bag as per the instructions he was told then they resumed.

He listened as Jak explained there was nothing else he could find besides mentions of a large planetarium. Though had no idea what that was. But the planet with 13 moons was interesting. He nodded to Kara's question "Its not uncommon for the castle to leave hints for certain puzzles. However.... makes me wonder if that might of been the places origins. A place with 13 moons would have a lot of different laws of physics. Gravite would be very different." he mused "Or could be the castles first stop since picking you all up. It does make stops from time to time." he said.

Fren stroked Alina's back softly to calm the hatchling and as the others spoke she looked at the hatchling "Alina, Varren won't harm you unless you give him reason to. However he needed to discipline the group to prevent it from falling apart. A caring thing to do as our survival is greater in numbers. However I think you owe Jak an apology. Calling him not a nice person was not a mature thing to do. He was coming to conclusions based on what we know and past experence. He's older then you and happens to have lived life through trying times with trust. You remember his story when he was a child right? Now Medad might very well be a nice person, however there are too many factors in the unknown for us to completely trust him. Just because someone is nice, does not mean there intentions are good. It can take years before one finds out the others intent. With that in mind, those with experence in matters similar to this, Varren, Jak, Kara, and I the information we have with what we've been through says to not trust him. You might of had a good time with him. But sometimes...... that can be all a face to trick." she explained. Alina was a smart hatchling. Hopefully she understood what she was saying.

"Well then maybe it's not meant to be a hint but it left one." Kara said suddenly. "We already know there's a planetarium here, the book says as much, but what if the rest of this guys journal is there? Maybe another cube or something? If nothing else it would give us the chance to see if there's anything significant about the planet with 13 moons." She said, almost excitedly.

Though she didn't share it with most people Kara loved riddles and mysteries. The home that a small family of dwarves helped her create she had a large fireproof book shelf full of mystery novels and riddle books. One of her favorites had been the Da Vinci code, which had been very clever and well written.

Jak looked at Varren and shrugged, opening the book again and pointing to a paragraph.

"If we ever find the elevator again we can go check it out, the lever settings are here." He said. "Course I doubt we'll see the elevator for a long time, especially with how long the castle let us use it."

"Ok, I'll say sorry." Alina said quietly, ashamed that she had hurt fuzzy's feelings. "He was saying bad things though, and I..." She struggled, trying to put together the words. "Why do people pretend to be nice mommy?" She asked finally. "That person that helped fuzzy, um... Ceaser, why would he do a nice thing but be a bad person? Why not just be nice or bad all the time?"

Varren nodded "True.... and your right awa well Jak the castle let us use the elevator for a while. Its going to at least charge us for something, be it time, effort or worse." he said and looked at Kara and tilted his head and smiled a little "If the book ends off on that note, and chapters tend to end off with something related to the next chapter, you may very well be on to something there Kara. The next set of hints and help could be somewhere related to that area." he said before his face grew grim "However getting the first cube nearly killed us last time, and took a few of the last group I was with. The second part would be even more heavily guarded. I'd be suprized if it was not." he admitted.

Fren smiled a little at Alina's question "Everyone is complexe, a sentient being like you and I have many things we don't know about each other. I can't tell what kind of thoughts are going through your head besides the ones that influence your body behaver. You can't read my thoughts either. Some have learned to further hide there thoughts and intents and may seem good, but that's what they display for you. They might want to trick or fool one. Or in some cases the being is convinced there doing the right thing even though many things point against that." she explained "Ceaser helped Jak to use him. If someone is friendly towards you, helps you you'll be more convinced to take there word over others. You won't be as quick to see the damage they maybe doing to you and others around you. It may not make sense to you now, but in time, we all learn these lessons. Its a reason why trust is something that normally is earned. Because one may not know the other." she finished off saying.

Jak looked down at the cube again then shrugged and put it away. "Ok, so we're working under the assumption that there is another journal, that means we are trying to find it, the exit, and then the control room, all while dodging guardians that want to murder us, and two beings, both of whom are obviously very powerful and very dangerous, both of which have connections in this group. Wish I were home right now." Jak said wistfully.

"Unfortunately those are the stakes Jak." Kara said. "We have to work with what we have and this place isn't going to let us go without a fight. So, let's look at what we can do immediately and not worry about what could happen. Right now we need to worry about finding this planetarium, because I doubt we'll find the elevator, exit, or control room before them. So, any ideas where to start?" She asked, looking at Varren.

Edited by Ryujin13

Varren shrugged "We continue to roam around the place and if we find it we find it. That's the best we can do right now for searching. Perhaps the castle wants us to find figure something else out before it resume find the next cube or something." he said before resuming and motioning with his hand for everyone to come along as well. He sighed "And Jak? I know what you mean wanting to return home." he said as they went.

((Need Alina to respond to Fren, And thinking the castle may try to kill off Varren but end up only severly crippling him. It brought him to the group, and it say may think he's given enough help and time to try and remove him ect))

(Ok, but I'll leave the details to you, might be an interesting twist, although I'm not sure how the others are going to get him around afterwards.)

"I know everyone does, I'm just worried about mom and dad." He explained. "They've already called the police by now, and I'm sure they've already questioned Ceaser and his rival gangs. Day or two though they're going to call off the search. My dad told me that after three days the chance of finding someone is basically zero." He explained. "They probably think I'm dead by now."

Jak tried to conceal his emotions as he explained this, but it was obvious that he was upset at the prospect. That the people that had taken him in, given him a true family would begin to mourn, then eventually move on made Jak almost break down. He cared deeply for his surrogate mother and father, the ones who had given him everything, including a life that didn't include crime. And what if he got back? What do you tell the people you care most about when you've been gone for weeks, months, even years in a magic castle? Do you lie? Tell the truth? Jak didn't know, but he would rather find out then be in this place.

"Let's go." He said, trying to push the feelings aside. "We need to find the observatory."

Alina was silent for a few more minutes, considering what Fren had said, trying to come to grasp with them. "I spent a year with Medad though, and he was always nice." Alina said finally. "So I trust him. And you trust Varren even though you just met him a few days ago, just like Kara, so I don't understand what you mean? Why trust somebody quickly but not others?"

Fren got a thoughtful look "As I said Alina, its something that you learn in life. You spent a year with Medad, yes that is true, and he may of been kind towards you and around you. Thus you feel you can trust him. And yes I've only known the group for a few days. I don't trust them all for too much truth be told, I trust Kara some because she's displayed a head on her shoulders. I trust Varren because he's stuck his neck out for the group more then once already. Jak..... it'll take a bit more time, but I trust them not to back stab me and to aid me when need be, as they most likely the same with me. We only know Jak's story because he needed a ear to talk to, he took a risk telling us that information. Do I trust say Varren with private matters? No I don't, there has not been enough time. But I trust him enough to rely on him because he has not given us anything to question his motives about. Could he be faking this and leading us into traps? Perhaps. But so far he has yet to drop anything to question him about." she explained "While Medad, for the rest of us at least. He and his sister right away have no only involved us in a sibling conflict. Have placed binds on Jak and I, and possibly even you too Alina." she explained "Should Jak screw up badly, and his new ring take it as going against the agreement, it could kill him. and then I was tied in to it some how as well even though I was never given anything....." she explained then had a thought. Perhaps she would not get punished directly. But Alina carried a bracelet as well. "None of this though Jak or I knew until it was too late."

Varren paused and twisted his torso around so he could look at Jak and place a hand on the boys shoulder "When you do return Jak, they'll be happy to see you alive. Trust me." he said with a nod before resuming listening as Fren spoke. While a bit bluntly Fren was saying the truth. Then again she was not good at saying things not bluntly. Talking was not a strong suit for her. "Thing is Alina all matters have to be taken into consideration. the more experence one has the better they can decide who to trust and who to not. Its not something one can be taught over all. We can give you pointers and information but in the end its up to you who you trust and who you don't."

Alina lapsed into silence after this, struggling to understand what to make of the information that had been given to her. It seemed like nobody could trust anybody else, but you could if you knew certain things. That being said she trusted everyone in the group and she hadn't known them long.

In the end Alina finally decided to let Fren's judgment guide her, since she knew that mommy wouldn't ever hurt her. That raised another question that had been on Alina's mind for awhile though, and now she finally spoke up.

"Mommy? Why don't I look like you?" She asked, causing Kara to look around sharply.

Kara had been expecting this question for awhile, after all Alina was a smart child, and she had to ask it eventually.

Kara opened her mouth to explain, then stopped, thinking things over. Fren was Alina's mother for all intents and purposes and she should be the one to explain it to Alina.

Jak looked back as well, curious as to what would be said. He didn't know anything about Alina, which made him curious, but he also knew that Fren and Kara had spoken in depth about it, which made him even curiouser. So he sat and waited to find out the truth, wondering if maybe Fren would explain what exactly Alina was.

Fren nodded to Alina's question. That one was coming sooner or later and was going to need a answer eventually. But how to word it the right way...... she did not know. She had never adopted any children before. "You understand how Jak and I got here, like Kara and Varren we found our selfs here and where teleported or something. The same happened to you Alina before you even hatched. I am not the same species you are. However many living things when hatching or being birthed, when they open there eye's like you did when you hatched, the first female they see they latch on and assume that's there mother. You might have some memory's of me attempting to tell you this in your first hour of life out side the egg. I am not your biological mother. But with no one else at the time to take a mothers place, I stepped in to care for you." she explained wondering how Alina would take to this information. "I love you Alina, I care a lot about your well being. Being different species does not change that." she assured the hatchling.

"Then what happened to my real mommy?" Alina asked.

She didn't seem to mind the fact that she was different from Fren, after all it had always been that way and that didn't change the fact that Fren had always been there for her, even if they didn't look alike.

Kara looked at Fren again, wondering how best to put this. Alina was asking some hard questions, and how do you tell a child that her race was extinct? How do you tell a child that she could grow to be one of the most powerful beings in this or any universe? She sure didn't know, and she didn't know what Fren was going to say either. These were questions that Kara had hoped they could avoid for a few more years, at least until Alina was older, but now they had to either tell her everything or lie, and she was pretty sure Fren was going to tell the truth if Alina continued to ask the right questions.

Jak meanwhile had turned completely around and was watching everything quietly. He cared a lot about Alina, and he didn't want her to be hurt, but he was also curious about the hatchling. Why could she phase between the shadow place and here? Why did she breath black energy and not fire? Why was Fren so cautious about what was said and done around Alina? These were questions he had and ones he hoped would be answered.

Fren thought on the answer for a few moments. "That..... I honestly can't say Alina. With information given to me, and where and when this castle has picked beings..... I can't say with any certainty. She could be alive, she could be dead, nothings for sure." she explained "That I know of she was not brought here as well." she said truthfully. She was not sure telling Alina she was the last of her speices was a good idea. Not right now at least. For all they knew Alina might of been taken from a time where her species thrived before there civil war. "If and once we get to the world where you where layed as a egg we might know more then." she said "If we find your real mother, you'll be allowed to return to her if you desire, if she is around, I'm sure she's very worried about you."

Alina took awhile to process this information after it was given and went silent for awhile afterwards, obviously thinking hard. She didn't like not knowing this sort of thing, but Fren would never lie to her so maybe her real mommy was alive?

"I'd like to meet her mommy." Alina said finally. "I bet she's big and strong and pretty! She'd also be really nice like you, and both of you could be my mommies!" She said excitedly, getting caught up in the thought. "I sort of remember my really mommies voice saying my name, but I don't remember daddies voice. I wonder what he was like. Maybe he was like Varren, where he was strong and brave! I bet he could take on anything the castle threw at him! And together my mommy and daddy would beat this whole place and take everyone home, and then they would let me come visit you all! I can't wait to go find them when we get out!"

Kara looked at Fren at this point, her eyebrows raised as she waited for the Shatong to interject. This was getting out of hand, anyone could see that Alina's hopes and dreams were probably unrealistic for the future considering what information they knew. Both Alina's parents and any other relatives there might be were very likely dead, and it was doubtful that there were any other living shadow dragons elsewhere. So Kara looked at Fren, wondering if the Shatong would let Alina continue thinking happy thoughts or ground them in reality before her expectations got to high.

Fren smiled at Alina's hope but had to take her spare hand and gently press a fingure on Alina's nose to gently silence the hatchling "We don't know much though Alina, lets not get too carried away here alright? There's the possibility, but only a possibility. Its good to have hopes, but its bad to have high hopes with out any solid proof." she said gently "With things like this, as sad as it may sound. Its best to expect both the good and the bad. That way, if the bad does happen, you won't be... as saddened by it, and if the good happens then you'll be all the happier." she explained removing her fingure. He knew Kara seemed to want her to tell the hatchling. But she did not want to say such yet. Not when Alina had such high hopes. But she had an idea "For all of us, we could return and find our selfs the last of our kinds for all we know. Or before we where born, or right when it first took us. Anyway you look at it, its a possibility."

Alina stopped mid-sentence when Fren touched her nose and obediently listened before thinking again. Why would her real mommy be gone though? Alina asked herself. Why would she have left? Medad had explained death as best he could, so maybe her real mommy was dead? Why would she be though? Alina could faintly hear the voice from her deepest memories, the one she knew to be her real mother.

"I want to know more about her mommy." Alina said suddenly. "If she's... Not alive, then I want to know more about her."

Kara seemed to take this seriously at least, obviously considering the request.

"It could be done if we had a compendium of dragon family lines." Kara said slowly. "Obviously we don't have that, so we could attempt to reach her mothers spirit, try to open a window to look back in time, or any other number of ways. If we tried it though it would be extremely difficult to accomplish."

Fren nodded and this time..... she honestly could not answer. She had never met Alina's mother, thus it would be hard to say anything. She looked at Kara as she spoke, only having having half an idea of what Kara was saying. "If we had a way to communicate with Alina's mother then she would have a way to get to know her." she said before looking at Alina "Because I honestly.... I never met your mother Alina. I can't say anything about what she was like. You've so far grown in such different circumstances then she did. But if she spoke to you in your egg.... I'd imagine she was a very caring and loving mother. As mothers don't do that unless they want the best for there young." she said with a soft smile.

((Thinking of adding in another character with a 'pet' will do up a character sheet tomorrow.

Username: LLD

Character name: Tash

Species/appearance: Robotic

Abilities: With his builder damaged his main ability is locked. But he can fire a D-Gun shot once every 10 min with enough power to bring anything its struck so far to its knees.

Personality: will be RP'ed

History: Damaged and tired from the constant war against the enemy side, the CORE the commander found him self in the castle with a single Brawler unit however the 2 became seperated in the castle after being brought to it. And now the 2 wonder and try to survive as well.

Other: The commander has a damaged left arm, his building matrix is in said arm as a result he can't construct anything right now. But he can repair anything mechanical.

))

Edited by little lost dragon

(Sounds cool lets get him in.)

"It's possible, but very difficult to do." Kara said. "The problem is getting a being with enough magic to bring a portal like that into existence. Usually they are... Well they're usually either to full of themselves to want to help, to concerned to do something like that, or else to much an ass to care either way. An elfstone could do it but we don't have one of those lying around, so we would either need to find someone capable of doing the magic, or find a piece of technology." She explained. "I'm sorry Alina, but meeting your mother right now just isn't...Feasible. I'm sorry." She said quietly even as Alina's smile dropped and she shuffled quietly like she did when upset.

"It's ok." Alina murmured. "I just wanted to meet her."

"I know, and I hope you get to, but for now we can't. We'll keep looking though, and if we can we will try our best to help you meet your mother."

Jak nodded in the background, his face smiling at Alina.

"I promise I'll help if I can Alina." He said, causing Alina to smile too.

"Thanks fuzzy." She said. "I'm sorry I called you mean."

"It's ok Alina, you were just angry, it happens."