Ryujin13

Little lost dragon and I

(Sorry, I was away for longer than I thought I would be.)

Lynn had been keeping up with the group by using an odd hopping flapping motion, but this had proven to be exhausting, so she settled for walking and when she needed to catch up she would fly. She was the last one in the group at the moment.

She had been confused by everything she saw up until this point but she was even more surprised when she looked at the first pool. Lynn saw herself as she looked like when she was little. She was playing hide and seek with her mother. Lynn watched the almost alien behavior of the two figures. "How long has it been since I laughed like that?" Lynn wondered. She turned away from the pool. "Not since that day" she thought.

As she passed the second pool she glanced at it and froze. The pool was showing her the nightmare she had every night. Staring back at her were all of her people, she watched as the faces disappeared one by one. The her in the pool flew away and the scene shifted. She was now little again and was flying to her village to show her mother the flowers she found when she detected an odd smell that made her uneasy. She began to fly more stealthily without knowing why. She went straight to her home and what she found there she would never forget. On the branch her house was attached to was a large snake many times Lynn's size, coiled around the life less form of her mother. The snake looked up from it's newly acquired meal and stared right at Lynn, it's glare rooting Lynn in place just as she was in the pool.

She heard the voices of her companions which snapped her out of the trance. She was a bit behind them now and was glad to have a reason to hurry away from the pools.

Kara looked around the clearing, trying to ignore the fact that she wanted badly to break down and cry. Even though she hadn't looked directly at the pools, she had glimpsed their images and knew their contents. Everything that had been shown was like a mockery of her, and she finally gave up and walked off to sit against a tree, pulling her knees up to her chest much as she had done when she had first cried in the corner of the bedroom where the group had first met her.

"The pools are the most powerful things a mortal can face. They always show terrible things, but one will always be better for knowing the truth, then believing the lies." A soft voice said from behind Kara, causing her to jump and look around. From the edge of the clearing an old man appeared and advanced a few feet in, but not enough to cause the group panic.

"Medad!" Alina yelled happily, bounding over to him.

Just as Alina had described him, the man was obviously quite old, with a well groomed, grey beard, a blue robe, as well as a bracelet that matched Alina's. In his hands he carried the ornate pitcher that Alina had also mentioned, and inside of it was water that glowed like the pools they had passed.

Medad carefully put down the pitcher and scooped up Alina for a hug, nodding and smiling as the hatchling chattered on.

"... And that's Varren, he's really nice, and that's Fuzzy, he's funny, and that's mommy, and that's Kara, she seems nice too."

"It's very good to meet you all." Medad said, setting Alina down and picking up his pitcher again. "Alina has told me so much about you all, except for you of course." He said to Kara with a smile. "Will you all joint me for a drink? I have freshly squeezed juice, as well as warm bread." He said while walking off to the table with Alina in tow.

He carefully set the pitcher down, then helped Alina onto the table before sitting down and gesturing for the others to sit. After that he offered them all drink and bread, but carefully kept the water away from the group.

When everyone was served, he carefully sipped his drink, while Alina mimicked him, holding her small glass in both paws and lifting it to her mouth before sipping it.

Medad didn't say anything, instead watching the group, his kind eyes going over each person in turn.

"Who are you?" Jak asked suddenly, impatient at the lack of information.

"I am many people. Everyone knows me differently, but what you see is a form known on earth as Medad." He said calmly. "I know that this form isn't one that you enjoy seeing Fren. I know of your hatred for humans, and I know why you hate them." He continued quietly, suddenly changing to a tall, male Shatong, much bigger then Fren and deep blue. He was still very old by Shatong standards, but he still sat there with the kind look on his face. To everyone but Fren it would seem as though nothing had changed. Medad still appeared as the old human and all was the same.

"I hope this is better for you Fren." He said calmly, causing Jak to look back and forth in confusion.

"Now then, how are you all today?" He asked, as though randomly appearing on an island after being trapped in a homicidal castle for days on end was a perfectly normal experience.

Edited by Ryujin13

Fren whirled around at the sound of a voice behind her. Why was everything appearing late on her radar? Seemed only to happen here as well. She frowned seeing another human but her eye's not as hard due to him looking like what Alina had said about him. And how he as treating the hatchling as well. Varren looked almost glad. Though he was, they located Medad.

When they where invited to take a seat he nodded to those that waited for his approval before sitting at the other end on his coils. Fren looked at the seats a little confused. She pulled her seat out a bit more before she was able to get on it with out banging her knees on the tables edge. she looked at the juise and bread but was unsure about it. She looked at Medad as he commented that she did not like his form, but knew why as well. Right before he was suddenly the tallest male of her race she's ever seen. She blinked and gave a small nod when he asked if that was better.

When the question was asked Varren spoke before anyone could "It has been a interesting day. We found another to take into our group." he said nodding to Lynn. "Solved a few more tests and found a useful room where Fren and Kara and Lynn made some things to help the group along." he said "Its been.... trying over all, not a day goes by in this place with out it being trying." he concluded

Fren looked at her glass in thought "I've..... I've had far worse. For me this feels like a normal day for me, risks, tests, just with many more then just my self. But where surviving." she said with a nod before looking at Alina and a small showed up on her face. She did not know how to word it, but she liked having a daughter.

Edited by little lost dragon

Medad took a sip of his juice, Alina automatically mimicking him, and nodded quietly as the group spoke.

"That's good. Look at the benefits of the experience instead of bad." Medad said with another nod as he and Alina drank again.

He was silent again, causing Jak to get impatient again and finally speak up.

"What are you?" He asked finally. "You look like a human, so where do you come from? Which colony?"

Medad raised an eyebrow and smiled again at Jak before turning to Varren.

"Well Varren, leader of this group and the last, what do you think? I have known many of those who journeyed through the secret places of the universes, and I have given all a single drink of water. What do you think I am?" He asked kindly.

Jak was already thinking on the question, his mind working through the possibilities.

"A god." He said suddenly, shrugging as the others looked at him.

"I have been called that by many, but no, I am not a god." He said. "Now hush Jak, let Varren speak."

Varren blinked and got a thoughtful look. "On my limited knowledge on you, this place, and what I've heard. I can only come up with a few options. Now a god is not one of them as such a being would have met more even the lowest of species can feel the presents of such however you don't even give off the aura of such. You do have power but..... not that kind of power. I think the best one would to say..... a guide. Or..... one who aids in the time of need. Which is not always the same way every time. The book we got from the library describes you or one like you helping him, Alina speaks of you like she might of a old relative." he said though still looked confused in his thought "Over all, the best I can come up with is a guide. You might very well be one of the beings who built this place even. But like I said, nothing can be for sure right now. I do not know you well enough to make such a judgement." he admitted.

Fren looked at Varren then at Medad then at Jak. "Sometimes silence says more then words." she stated. She figured Medad would reveal what needed to be shown in time. Powerful beings rarely bent to others wishes when it was out of impatience or for the wrong reasons. Her own race did something similar when it came to her kinds tech. They never handed it out to others largely to avoid others suffering what they had gone through. One of the reasons the humans disliked the SHatong, the Shatong refused to give data on there tech.

Lynn watched the others interact with the being known as Medad. She stayed quiet despite all the questions she had. She looked at her cup, still untouched even though it smelled delicious. "What exactly is this persons connection with water?" she thought pondering the riddle of who he was.

She looked up at the tree, still unsettled by the pools, she thought of home. "By now they would know I'm gone. They'll be frantically trying to find me, She thought. Lynn frowned. "But not for the fear of my safety, but theirs," Lynn thought bitterly and then scolded herself, emotions caught between loyalty and disdain.

(Hey robin, I know it's hard for you to get on so don't worry about what's been said earlier, just have your characters ask questions and make comments, it's no problem.)

"An interesting theory to be sure Varren." Medad said. "A guide, hmm..." He lapsed into a thoughtful silence, then shrugged and smiled around. "I suppose you could say that's part of my purpose, but there is so much more."

"Like what?" Jak asked, causing Kara to punch him in the arm.

"Shut up Jak." She hissed angrily.

"Now Kara, you can't fault the boy for wondering. I know for a fact that you were once a lot like Jak here. You spoke what was on your mind, you took action, and I also know why you don't do that anymore."

Kara's face had gone pale as she looked away from Medad. How did he know? How could he know? Even if he saw the pools she hadn't looked in, so how could he have seen?

"Now, while these are interesting ideas, you will find the matter much more com-"

"You really do love to hear yourself talk." A smooth voice said as a woman rounded the tree and gracefully sat down at the table, perfectly opposite Medad.

"Everyone, my sister Nuria." Medad said stiffly, gesturing for the woman to sit and drink with them.

"So, playing your game again brother? What have you told them?"

"Only what they need to know sister."

Nuria laughed loud and sweet at this, before looking around at Jak who was closest.

"You haven't told this sweet little thing or any of these others a thing. He probably showed you those pools of his though didn't he?" She asked Jak obviously flirting as she spoke.

"Yeah he did." Jak murmured, watching her fingers play with his fur.

"Sister, this is none of your concern." Medad said loudly as he stood, and faced her angrily.

"Oh but it is, it's all of our concerns. But, as you wish, I'll take my leave." Nuria said, standing and moving away. As she rose she quickly whispered something in Jak's ear, before squeezing his hand and walking away.

"Watch this one you lot, you can never tell." She said as she disappeared again behind the tree.

"I apologize." Medad said as he sat down, suddenly looking tired. "I didn't expect her to show up like that. It hasn't happened in so long that I hadn't even thought of the possibility."

Fren looked at Medad wondering why he was encouraging Jak now by getting after Kara for trying to get him to shut up. He needed to learn when and when not to speak his mind as there was a time and place for everything. Jak did not seem to understand such even still.

Then another being showed up and right away relations seemed to stiffen around the table. Medad seemed to dislike his sister. And his sister seemed to imply Medad was toying with them. A consept she did not like the idea of at all. They already had the castle doing that.

And she was almost flirting with Jak..... yet more favor towards him. She looked at Varren and he was watching the whole thing too his face neutral but she could tell he was taking note of this as well. She looked back at Nuria and remained silent for now. But Nuria seemed to utter a warning before leaving. She looked at Medad "One must expected the unexpected if they leave such possibility's open to happening. She seemed to be hinting at that your toying with us. Considering our situation, I think we can all agree some explaining needs to be done now." she said trying to say her words carefully.

Varren nodded though did not say anything. He just watched for now as he was watching to see how things turned out and how Medad would respond. Nuria seemed to disrupt him. Along with hints from her to not trust Medad. He took her warnings under advisement for now.

Medad took a drink before responding, obviously deciding what to say and reveal.

"What you must first understand is Nuria and my relationship. We are polar opposites if each other by design. We are... Competitive of each other, and always have been." He explained. "What she calls interfering in my part is helping to me, in a way that is."

He sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose, then looked around.

"Can you all accept that I can't tell you everything? Well to be honest it can't tell you much of anything. I can't interfere to that degree. However, I can tell you this; I am the embodiment of an ideal, a representation of certain thoughts and ideas. My sister is also one of these ideas. What ideas, thoughts and imaginings I cannot say. Alina here has already heard all this, but promised not to say anything to all of you until you met me."

Alina's wings drooped a bit at this and she looked at her cup instead of the group, obviously sad at having not having told the group everything. She had wanted to, she really had, but Medad made her promise.

Jak stood suddenly and moved away a bit, explaining that he had to use the restroom. Medad nodded quietly before Jak left, wandering off into the woods a ways until he couldn't be seen by the group, then glanced around and spoke a few words in a language he didn't know.

"I'm glad you came." Nuria said as stepped from behind a tree.

"I um, I wanted to talk to you about what you said." Jak mumbled as Nuria smiled and stepped forward until she was right in front of Jak.

"Of course you do. You're special Jak, the others just can't see it, but I can, I can see all your potential."

Jak swallowed and took a breath as Nuria played with his fur again.

"Do you want what I promised?" She whispered as Jak nodded. "Say it."

"I want what you promised."

Nuria smiled and nodded before kissing Jak hard.

She held it for a few seconds, then pulled him down for a session of love.

(If the group goes out to find Jak they just find him fully clothed and asleep.

Edited by Ryujin13

((Ooooh Fren won't be happy, nor would Kara either.))

Varren looked at Medad and sighed "When I say this I speak on behalf of all the beings this place brings and has brought. Including those that where part of my first group. We do not wish to be here and grow tired of being toyed with. Either by this place or who ever else. Places like these never last forever because they don't know when to stop or when to explain things." he said frustration in his voice. He's spent possibly years in this place. He wanted out. Only solid answers where from those he met up with. Otherwise it was just a life of potentially fatal tests and challenges with vague if at all hints. He closed his eye's and sighed "So, on that note, what can you say? Besides you can't say much." he said before nodding to Alina "I for one do not want a hatchling growing up with a place that wants to kill those in it."

Fren listened as Varren and Medad spoke but as time went on, she looked at Jak's seat. No way such a small creatures body could carry enough waste to warrent the time he was taking. On top of that her chemical radar was picking up something she did not quite get yet. "Excuse me, Jak should have returned by now. I won't disrupt him but I'll go check on him." she said nodding to everyone at the table.

She got up and began heading where she detected his scent on the ground. The strange scent now starting to show exited pheromones. She narrowed her eye's and continued. Silently she put her skills to use hardly makign a sound. When she found Jak while he looked innocently enough. The scent said it all as well as the residue chemical signatures. She had to with hold a hiss and turned around to return to the table. Such acts rarely went with out results.

When she entered the others view again she was clearly furiouse. She paused as Varren looked at her a questioning look on his face. "Medad, something tells me you already know what happened." she said before looking at Kara "His feelings for you Kara have clearly been a lie. He mearly only lusted you." she stated before raising a hand before anyone spoke "He is currently resting from his actions. I have not done anything to him." she assured them.

"I can't tell you how to escape the castle, I cannot interfere to that degree, but I can give you some of my thoughts on the subject, as well as a few ideas. Now, the castle is old, even I have no idea how old, but as old as the first civilization arose. I don't even think it was built, I think it might be like my sister and I, a projection of mortal thoughts. The entire castle is like a museum, built to hold the wonders of the civilizations that arise, including samples of the people there. I have no idea what happened or how, but something went wrong, and now it's malfunctioning. Fix it and you might be able to get home. The locked door in the entrance hall is the key I think." He stopped suddenly, and was obviously struggling to keep talking before he finally let out a breath and shook his head. "Unfortunately I cannot add anything further on my own as my bindings keep me from doing so. I might be able to answer small questions, but he phrasing is important. You have to understand, I am limited by old pacts on how I can interact with sentient beings. Not just in the castle, but everywhere. I would help in any way I can if I could, but I am unable to, so I do what I can."

When Fren came back he stopped and blinked, a confused look in his eyes.

Kara got a confused look as well when Fren came back, as angry as Kara had ever seen her.

She didn't understand what Fren was talking about, only that it was about Jak.

"I knew nothing of this." Medad said as he continued to sit. "If I had, I wouldn't have stopped him though. This doesn't mean his feelings for Kara are any less, just that he can't release them any other way. I don't see the problem with this." Medad said, taking another drink of his juice. "In this regard, I believe you are overreacting. He is doing what boys do and shouldn't be judged for it."

Kara seemed to have finally grasped what had happened and didn't seem to care either way. She had lived for a long time and was used to seeing humans do this sort of thing.

"Medad's right Fren. Let it go, he's already shown that he wouldn't make for a good relationship, this doesn't really add anything to that decision. Medad's right, every boy does it at one point or another, this doesn't matter."

(Fren can't tell that Jak was with Nuria he's just out there on his own.)

((Unless Nuria was 100% dry something would have been left behind on Jak plus his body would be no longer sending out the same pheromones as before.))

Fren looked at them and could not beleive they where excusing Jak for this. Such things could prove fatal even where she came from. Medad seemed to suddenly not know something even though he knew everything else about them. And Kara just seemed to not care he was just playing her. Never mind being told by 2 of them that its a 'boy' thing. She looked like she could not beleive what she was hearing and Varren spoke up.

"Fren is from a place where such things are visibly..... highly discouraged against along with from what I have gathered, her people have suffered to others speices hands who endorse such things. Jak's..... driven her up the wall from day one and to her credit she has not killed him yet, which is most likely due to her peoples high priority towards self control which I can understand." he explained "Now Fren I agree with you, such things should not be endorsed and he will not be rewarded for such. But he has gone the easy rought and clearly he does not want guidance from anyone unless its for his own wishes. As such getting after him for taking the easy road out us getting after him won't do much. He must learn for him self, life must teach him the lessons he refuses to learn." he said as Fren still looked very angry before she growled to her self and nodded "If he was going to learn he would not have his mechanical leg in the first place." she said and Varren nodded.

He looked at Medad "However this brings up another issue. First, how sever could you...... estimate the place will charge us? No I'm not asking how, just the severity. As well as the place has been favouring Jak quite a lot. ITs even allowed him pleasures from the sounds of it now. This place only gives the bare basics for free, and as things add on, the price Jak will have to pay only increases. Weather that be a test, or a objective to complete. The place has always made others pay for the extra's which is everything besides food and water." he said "Besides Fren he's treated normally in this group. And no amount of luck is related in this place its far too calculated. If you had to guess...... what would you say Jaks chances where at escaping alive? If we have even a rough estimate we'll be better prepared to help him through what ever the price he might be faced with." he explained

Fren had sit back down but did not look pleased in the slightest. Now Jak was a threat to her. Not because he might shoot her, or attack her. But if he does not clean properly and some of the result gets to her it could land her very sickly.

"I have no idea what the possible consequences are from this action, nor do I know what he received from my dear sister. You have to understand, this isn't entirely Jak's fault. Yes he took the easy way as you say, but he's also being played. My sister, due to her nature, can interfere to a higher degree then what I can. She has manipulated him, although to what end I have no idea. No matter what, he is going to have gained something, but she will probably have gotten more out of their agreement then he ever will. As I said, it's not entirely his fault, and he shouldn't be looked down upon because he was manipulated. Varren, if she had decided she had wanted you, I don't know if you could have resisted either. She has that affect on males of any species." Medad seemed to consider Varren's next question carefully before shaking his head quietly.

"I don't think it likely that he will survive." He said quietly. "He's being indulged by the castle and by my sister, which doesn't bode well. Every day he distances himself further from what he was, and always the castle catches him when he falls. Something is wrong, and he is one of the focal points. What that means I don't know, but none of you will hurt him until he proves a threat. That is one thing I will not condone. He is innocent until proven guilty. Try and help him if you can, but do not permanently harm him until he proves to be against the group."

Varren looked at Medad and shook his head "Unless she has mind control ability's, one can always say no Medad. I'm not unfamiliar with such situations. Jak has proven time and time again he does not think before he acts. A curse learned from the humans who like to call a blessing. He already suffered at this issue it is as Fren says, how he lost his leg." he explained

He sighed and nodded "My thoughts as well. He will be disciplined when needed but he won't be maimed or injured unless he has proven to be a threat." he said before looking at the table "However this worries me when you say focal points. Focal point of what nature?" he asked.

Fren looked at Medad "He emulates one of the humans that formed there society's that are responsible for the war my people are in with them. And he continues to get deeper and deeper into that. Accepts everything for him and rejects anything that does not allow him to do his way. He's becoming a weight to the group. I don't mind the fact he's a child or that he is displaying the makings of a threat being made. Its his refusal to learn or accept any guidance. At the same time this whole place is favouring him at almost every turn unless he throws him self into another's test. But even then like you said it catches him." she said before closing her eye's and taking a deep breath "I'm nearly my limit with the boy over all." she admitted "Maybe you could get him to see whats going on. Because I, Varren, even Kara and Alina have spoken to him. Yet he refuses to learn." she pointed out.

Varren looked at Medad "All in all she's reaching her limit. And I can see why as well. Jak is young but he's not proving willing to learn, if your willing, could you perhaps have a talk with him? Before that counts as helping him survive the castle, think of it as matters that do not involve the castle. Its relation matters, as I'm sure Alina does not want to see him keep going the way he is. He does n ot want our help, and I'm unsure if he will accept yours. But if your willing, we'd be glad." he said with a nod calmly.

(I hope you appreciate how long it takes me to write these long posts lol. I put a lot of effort into them.)

"The castle is acting strange lately, it's taking more then ever before and more live and die in its halls then ever have. It's like it's waking up and has been put into overdrive. It has never been indulgent before, so why Jak? I can only assume that he is important, and that his continued existence is wanted by some force, although inside or out I can't say." Medad explained. "My sister though, she can be very persuasive if she needs to be. Who knows what she said and did for him. It doesn't matter, what does matter is the present."

He turned and looked at Alina who was looking very confused at what was going on. She didn't understand what had happened, only that it involved Jak and that woman that had appeared then left.

"Alina, what do you think?" Medad asked gently. "What should we do about Jak?"

Alina got a deer-in-the-headlight sort of look, then looked at Fren as though expecting mommy to answer.

"Um, we should save Fuzzy." She said. "He's nice, he's just lost I think. Maybe he needs to be reminded or something."

Medad chuckled and scratched Alina's tummy causing the hatchling to giggle and squirm.

"Such a young thing and yet so wise. Your mother must be very proud." He said as Alina practically glowed with praise. "Alright, I'll go talk to him, just stay here all of you, and do not drink the water whatever you do." He said sternly before turning and disappearing into the trees.

Jak woke with a start when a hand touched his shoulder, causing him to jerk away. He calmed slightly when he saw it was only Medad, who extended a hand to help the boy up.

"Having fun?" Medad asked kindly. "I'd be careful with my sister if I were you, she rarely takes an interest unless it suits her needs."

Jak stammered for a second, trying to come up with an excuse before hanging his head a little.

"Are you going to yell at me too?" He asked sullenly. "All the others will if they've found out, which I assume they have. Why does it matter to them anyway? So what if I enjoy someone's company? It doesn't affect them, so they shouldn't get to make my decisions." Jak said angrily.

Medad just listened, his kind blue eyes watching Jak's movements, waiting for the boy to settle.

"Would you mind if we walked?" Medad asked suddenly, turning and starting down the hill. "I'm old, and walking keeps my joints from freezing up."

Jak nodded after a second and followed the old man down the hill.

"Jak, I have told the others that I will talk to you about your actions." Medad explained. "They are worried about what will happen if you continue down your chosen path. I d-"

"Fren doesn't care!" Jak snapped angrily. "Fren cares only about her hatred for humans! She hates them because of their military attacking her species planet in her universe! I don't care one censorkip.gif what she thinks!"

"I agree." Medad said quietly, causing Jak to stop dead.

"You do?"

"Oh yes. She does not have your best interest at heart Jak, and we both know it. She doesn't like you, and I don't think that's likely to change anytime soon. She has lost a lot to the humans in her universe, and I think she sees you as personification of that race. She uses you as an outlet for her hate, a punching bag if you will, because she doesn't know how else to deal with it. You are correct in this regard, but that isnt the issue here. The issue is you." Medad said, already raising a hand as Jak began to open his mouth to protest.

"Sit with me?" Medad asked suddenly, gesturing.

Though Jak hadn't noticed, Medad had led the way down to the fifth pool, which swirled as the old man sat down with a sigh and dipped his feet in the water.

Jak frowned but sat and put his bare feet in the water as well. Instantly he felt calm and collected, unsisturbed by his fears, or doubts.

"Feels nice doesn't it?" Medad said with a smile as Jak nodded. "Jak I can't tell you what to do, or how to live your life. You are your own man, and you make your own destiny. Your father made his own choices, Caesar made his choices, and you are making your own choices." Medad explained, prodding the pond with a toe, causing the swirling to stop and a picture to resolve.

In it were a number of Jak's, each older, but all different. One was happy, laughing and free. One was haggard and worn, beaten down by the world. Another was dressed importantly and wore a no-nonsense sort of look. But the most prominent was a Jak near their feet, one with a cruel smile, eyes that took delight in others pain, and blood matted on his fur around his mouth.

"These are a couple of your possible futures Jak. Your actions have repercussions that no one can see. Even these are just guesses at best, but even then, this Jak here is becoming more and more likely. Varren, Kara and Alina see it, the way you keep stepping towards self destruction. You have already made a pact with my sister. What did she give you?"

"She taught me how to fight." Jak mumbled, running his hand over his wrist idly.

"She branded you didn't she?" Medad asked, taking Jak's hand and gently moving the fur so that a fresh brand could be seen in the shape of a flame. "Another step toward this, and another step away from what you once were Jak." He said quietly.

"It's not like it matters." Jak mumbled. "They hate me anyway, might as well make it more likely that I'll survive."

"That's extremely shortsighted of you Jak. They do care about you, at least Varren does. You know who else cares for you? Alina. She spoke of you almost every day she was with me. She cares for you more then you know. She loves you even. You and Fren found her, and even though Fren's her mother, you might as well be Alina's brother. You influence her more then you could ever know. Do you want her to be like that picture in the water? I don't think you want to be that either."

"It doesn't matter, I can't go back, I already made the deal." Jak said.

"Nothing is set in stone, nothing. You have made mistakes yes, but it's what you take from them that matters. Do you learn as the others want you to, or do you just plow ahead without thinking, and lose yourself but by bit. I cannot make this decision for you, nor do I want you to say something to please me. This is on you Jak. That sword you picked up has already reformed under the influence of my sisters power. If you truly wish to repent, then put this on." Medad said, holding up a ring made of blue stone. "This will set you on the right path, and help you to come back to your old self. You have to decide if that's what you want though. If it is, then put it on. A caution though. The process will be long and painful, both in body and soul. Make your decision wisely, because trying to go back will end in your death." Medad explained gravely, setting the ring on the grass beside Jak before standing and going to the path. "Make your decision wisely, but do it for yourself. Be your own man, make your own future. Nobody can decide for you, now or ever."

Without another word Medad turned and left, walking back up the path and back to the table where he sat and took a long drink of juice. "I did what I could, what he does now is up to him. I warn you though, whatever decision he makes will have lasting repercussions, and he will need help either way. I fully expect each of you to aid him if you can, for his salvation and your own."

Edited by Ryujin13

((Huh? Since when did that suddenly come up? I certainly enjoy them but last I time I voiced worries about how mine look compared to yours ya just said not to worry.......))

Varren was talking with Fren when Medad returned.

"I tried to give him chances. tried being friendly with him. But after I told him not to try being a spy a joke he seemed to make it his life goal to try to see who he can mess up. He does not think before acting. He does not consider the possible results of his actions! That is my main issue with him and he continues to do this. We don't need someone running on impulse jumping head on into traps and tests before we've even gotten a decent look at what ever it is." she said with a hiss.

Varren shook his head "I get that Fren. But he's not responding to being helped nor is he responding to the results. Short of nearly killing him he won't see his path he's chosen, and even then he may still miss the point. All I'm saying is he's beyond our help when it comes to life lessons. Only life can teach him what he refuses to learn from us." he said before looking up at Medad as the being returned. He sighed and nodded "However if he continues down the path he entered here with, not even Alina could help him." he said before looking at Fren who was visibly restraining her self with how jerkily her tail was moving behind her. Otherwise she'd most likely be breaking something right now. "If Fren allows it..... do you think you could help her? She feels her attempts failed and where for nothing. Despite everything she has yet to harm Jak at all and is honestly a key part in why he's alive still. She's the one who grabbed him to save him from more then one monster, despite everything." he said a nod to Fren "However I know the signs when one is..... reaching there limit. And I need help helping her........ as I am honestly unsure how to approach the issue." he admitted

Fren sighed and looked at Varren "Its not often others tried to deal with I..... with hold." she admitted before looking at Medad "My only requirement from Jak is he uses his head before acting. A feat that should not hard for any sentient being. What ever that head maybe. He does that and many of his issues here would be dealt with."

Lynn knew she wouldn't be of any help diffusing the problem that arouse so she had stayed quiet and went unnoticed. She had gotten good at being ignored in plain sight over the passed few years, a skill that let her quietly slip away just as she was doing now. Lynn didn't particularly have a destination in mind so she just wandered aimlessly until she reached the base of the tree. Watching the water run down the trunk she wondered where the water was coming from. Eventually she choose a stream and followed it to the pool where it emptied. It led to the third pool, which she ignored and headed to the first pool.

((Where not ignoring you or your character just... your not giving us much to go on for having out own characters interact with yours. Right now she's the new one that's..... not doing much. Not contributing much or anything or getting involved with the group.

All in all..... need to have her interact with the group if she wants to be included in its discussions ect.))

(I know you're not, she's just distant and isn't used to being able to speak her mind without being scolded. There's quite a bit of her past that I haven't revealed yet.

I chose a difficult character, but of those I came up with she was my favorite.)

(Relax LLD, just kidding around.)

Medad listened quietly to the conversation as he sipped his drink again, quietly noting that Lynn was gone as well. When asked if he could help Fren, he took another drink, then looked at the Shatong, his blue eyes seeming to pierce her very soul.

"Fren, I can understand your requirements, and I agree that he needs to learn restraint, but he also won't respond if the one who requires these things of him obviously dislikes him. He can sense your dislike and he pushes back by acting contrary to what you say. He's acting like all teenagers do. If you want to reach him then you need to put down your hatred and start listening. Look at the things he's done, he's tried to impress you all, he's gone out of his way to prove himself, even if he doesn't realize that. The truth is he's still struggling with his past, and it's affecting his future. His father left him, and his surrogate father fed him to the wolves. He's probably afraid that he's going to be left alone as well. Hence, he tries to impress you all. He looks at Fren as one who thinks he's no good and unworthy of their time, so he tries to prove otherwise. He sees Kara and believes her to be the one. She rejects him, so he goes with the one woman who showed him attention. Even though he has adopted parents who love him, even though he loves them dearly and would do anything for them, he is still afraid that they will leave him. He's afraid everyone will leave him, so he tries to prove himself in the hopes that everyone will stay and accept him. If you want him to respond, you have to give him praise when he does well, and show him compassion when he fails. Don't yell and tell him he's useless or a danger to the group, that just makes him do stupider things to make him attempt to prove himself."

Fren looked at him "I have tried that. I've tried to be friendly with him. Heck even be there for him. Saved him even. Did any of that matter? No he met Kara and then lost his leg making a stupid move. And he knew he was trying to show off and tried to maintain that right up till Varren got after him. When it comes to women just because 'the one' rejects him does not clear him to sleeping around. On top of the fact that makes him a threat to me, I'm sure you already know why if you already know my past. He thinks having bad parents is bad? He thinks he got it bad? He's had it very minor. But he does not see me trying to use it as an excuse to make stupid moves." she explained "All in all he's continued to actively make sure I have no respect for him. Even when I try to make conversation or like I already said, be there for him. He's too focused on the fact I hate humans. And I do but, all I require from him is him to think before acting. He starts doing that half these issues he has with me, and I with him, would be done and over with." she before shaking her head before looking right at Medad "He might be young, but that only means he can learn easier. It does not excuse him from using his head. Which is all I require, him to use his head. He does that then he might earn some respect. There's a reason why I am proud to say Alina's my daughter and part of the group. She knows already how to use her head and does not allow her self to be driven by impulses." she said with a smile at Alina.

Medad rubbed the bridge of his nose gently, frustrated with Fren. She just didn't seem to get it, or was purposefully ignoring it she to her dislike.

"Fren. You're right, he has made bad decisions, that being said, looking at the reasons can help to understand him and better reach him." He thought for a second then snapped his fingers and pointed to Varren's helmet. "Let's look at this in a practical way. Varren's helmet is a marvel of technology, very advanced with intricate systems and devices built in. That helmet is like Jak. You wouldn't work on it without how it works right? Jak is the same way. If you want to help, or 'fix' him, then you need to understand him. The point is, how much he's gone through compared to you or anyone else is irrelevant. When you are trying to help him, you have to see the world through his eyes. How does he look at you? Does he see a friend, someone who cares about him and wants to help him? Or does he see someone who is angry with him, looks down and treats him like garbage? How does that make him feel based on his experiences? It's a matter of seeig, understanding, and acting. You can't just react, you have to think a few moves ahead."

Fren looked at him "Jak displays form very human ideals in his behavers. They visibly have taught him to follow his heart as it where even though that folosify is heavily flawed. He is not a human though so this make things somewhat hard to predict as he is not using logic with in the situations which has lead to some unforeseen unneeded mistakes." she pointed out getting frustrated her self. It sounded like Medad was like the castle now in reguards to the boy. Must treat him royal no matter what. "I suppose I treated him like garbage when I grabbed him otherwise he'd be killed twice. I treated him like garbage when I offered to be an ear for him. I treated him like garbage when I guided him in a puzzle I knew about and he did not. And I treated him like garbage when I tried to make conversation even. I rare spoke to him otherwise or did anything with him." she said looking annoyed "I've tried to be friendly with him, give him chances, 4 in fact so far. He's only focusing on when I say no or don't agree with him. But I have tried and heck saving his life does not carry any weight with him even. How is one suppost to even bother when multiple try's where made and more when he and maybe more can't take there eye's off one detail? That I hate humans. Even though Kara is in a human form and she's still very much alive." she demanded

Varren just watched waiting to see how this might go. It looked like they might be at this for a bit till Medad found a way to get through to Fren. Thankfully she did not seem against Medad yet. But somehow he doubted making Jak sound like he should be allowed off the hook would get anywhere with Fren. Though he had to nod when she mentioned Kara was alive and she looked human despite her hate towards humans.

Medad straightened finally and looked at Alina for a few moments, gently scratching between the hatchlings wings, which made Alina giggle happily. He could tell that all of this talk was upsetting the hatchling, and he regretted that a great deal.

"Just because you do things for someone doesn't mean your opinion of them changes." Medad said quietly as Alina nibbled on the cookie he gave her. "My sister for instance. She doesn't love him, know him, and she certainly doesn't care for him. He's a tool that she's using, even if she did give him something in return. Fren, in order to approach somebody, you have to be approachable. He doesn't see you that way, so he doesn't care what you say or do. Believe me, he's not perfect, he makes bad decisions without thinking, plus he's so stubborn he would rather be run over then back down from something he truly believes in. It's up to you, if you want to have him respect you, listen to you, and absorb what you're saying, then you need to sit him down and talk this out. Let him tell you what he thinks and feels, you tell him what you think and feel. Just work it out, leave the past behind and try to move forward. If you want me to I can even help you two to do this, but you have to make the decision to reach out. I know for a fact that he really did like it when you listened to his story about his childhood. He hasn't told very many people about that and he appreciated that someone would listen. He is open, you just need to be as well."

Fren sighed and was about to say something but decided against it seeing as Alina was here "My biggest concern right now is his impact on Alina." she admitted letting out a very restrained sigh "And alright.......... I'll give him yet another chance. Which I've been trying to do since I met him." she said "He needs to stop tying my hate for humans to everything about him to start with. I've kept my end of the bargin that he and I made I might add, and that was to not rag on him about how I hate humans. Its only come up once and that was when someone else brought up race troubles with other races." she said "If he's expecting me to just hand him respect however he's thoroughly thrown that way every time I give him some." she said pretty sure it would not go far "But since your offering to help you must think its still possible. Alright I'll give him another chance. But my patience is very low with him." she said getting up.