Lothuialel

Douhle Forest

Lucina

Lucina watched the various displays of magic, quite intrigued. Maybe she could learn something new in there or with those two. She carefully treaded into the room after Varaug and looked around, letting out a few coughs and wheezes which she covered with her hand. The sorceress groaned. Her throat began to feel scratchy again. It looked like the tea's effect was wearing off... She sighed. She must have gone to a peaceful sleep when the opportunity was there. Oh well. Not much to be done about it now. "It looks like you're a quite skilled spellcaster." Lucina commented, looking at Varaug.

The magi looked down at his desk for a few moments, then opened a drawer, took out a small key, and closed it back up, before looking at Lucina with a light smile on his face.

Anything can be easily accomplished, given the right amount of time and resources, if one simply puts their mind to it. Like I said, I've been haunting this deserted pile of miserable ruins for a while now. -he shrugged and got up, out of his chair, walking over towards the locked glass display case with lines of books alphabetically arranged within.

Wizards, warlocks, witches, hexers, voodoo doctors, priests, enchanters, brand it any name you want, they're all mages in their own rights. -he unlocked the glass doors and opened them with an audible creek. The thing's hinges must not have been oiled in decades.

And all mages are quite context sensitive. Don't assume things after just one glance. You never know, I might be a terrible fighter, and a terrible healer, and terrible at many other fields of magic. -he kept going while browsing his collection of literature- Buuuut I've made it my business to keep my belongings safe. If you want details as to why, I'm sure Ashur would love to tell you the stories. I, personally am trying my best to forget them.

You're not the only one, Var. But still, part of it was your fault... -the grey shrugged as it walked in, leaned against a wall and waited patiently.

The magi's eyes wandered down towards the lowest shelf of books.

Looks like I've not left anything personal on here. -he shrugged and gestured at the tomes- Feel free to take any one you like. Heck, take two if you want. -he backed away from the shelf and left the key on the desk, before leaning against it and crossing his arms.

But if I were you, I'd avoid the Occult shelf at the bottom. -he added, as serious and as stern-faced as anyone could possibly get.

Lucina

"Well, that was my first impression. I could be wrong, as I have before." Lucina shrugged as she wandered around the study and looking at its every detail. She then headed to the display case that was unlocked by Varaug. "I'd certainly love to listen to your stories-" the wizard was cut off her speech as she doubled over her stomach and began to cough and wheeze. Covering her mouth with her right hand, she'd curse were she not busy coughing. Fortunately for her, the cough attack was short-lived and stopped fairly quickly. Lucina slowly stood up, recovering. "...As I was saying, I'd love to hear you out." she said, her voice sounding quite raspy. Her throat was burning right now. The sorceress browsed through the books that were made available for her. "What's in the Occult shelf, if I may ask?" she asked. It sounded like something interesting, but she wasn't stupid enough to meddle with what she wasn't supposed to.

Alielel growled at herself. She had tried to get the shape-shifting down and only failed. She decided then that she could try it a different way. She closed her eyes and cleared her mind. She breathed slowly and began to feel a change come about. Her paws turned to hands, her horns disappeared, something blew in her face from the slight breeze (hair of course) and she felt...shorter.

Alielel opened her eyes and took a sharp gasp. She fell back with a yelp. She was surprised that she had done it....but how? She looked over at he thre others and saw herself in their eyes. She gasped and ran out.

Mostly the kinds of magic that involve dealings with other entities. Usually ones that we never want to have anything to do with. In my ignorance, I thought that I could defend against them by learning about them. In the end, it backfired. I'm still paying the price for that mistake.

You live and you learn, right? -Ashur shrugged.

Hey, you alright? -he glanced at Alielel. Whatever happened to her happened in a flash, but she'd managed to shapeshift that much was certain. Before Ashur could even utter another word she'd already left the room.

E-Hey! ...should we, go check on her? -Ashur raised both eyebrows and awkwardly pointed at the door, unsure of what to do and whether this was unusual for his new-found acquaintance.

Edited by Ælex

Alielel continued to run. She stumbled into a puddle and looked down. She had orange hair and gold eyes. She looked....human. Alielel skrieched. She ran into the forest. She wasn't use to being human and she was freaked! The dragons tripped over a root. She leaned against the trunk and breathed hard. She was human and now no one would be able to tell she is a dragon. She could be safe! Alielel sighed. She looked at her hands, her arms, and her legs. Human...she had done it.

It took her an hour, but she finally made it back to her friends. She sighed and stumbled on her way in, still unused to being human.

Lucina

Lucina responded to Varaug without even noticing Alielel's transformation, for she was busy still looking at the books. "We learn from our mistakes, don't we? Even if the consequences are harsh. I can say this from personal experience..." she replied with a sigh. Eventually, one of the books caught her attention. "Mind if I take this one for a read? Sounds interesting." she said, taking one of the tomes. She turned around to start reading it, and...

"Wait. Who are you? How did you get in here?" Lucina asked as she finally saw the human Alielel.

Edited by MetalDragon

Be my guest. -Varaug nodded, pulled up his chair and sat down. After rummaging through the drawers a bit, he pulled out a few old looking scrolls and unfolded them on the desk's surface, before starting to examine them. I'll be here if you need me. -he stated nonchalantly.

Ashur nodded at the two, still oblivious as to Ailelel's accomplishment, thinking this to be nothing out of the ordinary for her.

I'll go look around. See what I can dig up. -he excused himself, and walked off towards the downwards spiraling stairwell in the corner.

((Good Night everyone. I'm calling it a day.))

Edited by Ælex

Lucina

"Hm? Oh, yes. That's you." Lucina muttered. She felt a bit stupid for not just trying to sense the human girl. It would match with what she had sensed in Alielel. Her acquaintance darted off before she could say anything though. The sorceress shrugged and went back to the book taken from the display case. She was supposed to be asleep, but this new place sparked her interest. And sleeping would be difficult if not impossible, with the coughing fits coming back and all. Now, what sort of intriguing stuff could possibly be within this tome's pages? Lucina opened it up and started reading to find it out. "Where did you get those books? Do you collect them from your travels?" she asked looking up and paused, noticing Varaug was examining what appeared to be old scrolls. "Oh. Forgive me for disrupting you." she apologized, realizing she was probably interrupting the magi's work. Those rolls did look interesting, though.

They are salvage. -Varaug explained idly.

Salvaged from my previous home. The library was a wonder in it's own right. After the place was leveled with the ground, this was all that remained of that gigantic room stuffed with the knowledge of a millennium. -he added, audibly melancholic about it.

Don't worry about it, I'm just checking to see if the ink has smeared. -he said, rolled up the scroll and put it away, before unrolling another one on his desk.

========================================

Ashur stepped down the stairs in a brisk pace, following his nose for any traces of food. Once at the lower floor, he was in a square room, similar in size to the study above. An old rug covered the floor in the center of the room, to one corner an old bed with neatly tucked sheets and covers was situated. On the other end of the room a large desk covered in beakers and bottles and all sorts of alchemical equipment resided, though they were all empty. Next to the bed was a trap door, leading even further down somewhere. It had a padlock on it, though. A small fireplace with a makeshift grill attached stood between the bed and the alchemy lab. Lastly, a small double-door was situated across the room in the last unoccupied corner.

That's probably it... -he stated, knowing a pantry when he saw one. Opening the doors, he revealed exactly what he'd expected to find. A small storage room lined with shelves that contained little more then the occasional loaf of bread, some assorted nuts, a plethora of vegetables, all things Ashur was completely disinterested in. What caught his interest were the three large chunks of meat hanging by the ceiling suspended on makeshift hooks. Two legs, and some ribs. Other then that, there was a single metallic looking pillar in the middle of the pantry that seemed to have no purpose whatsoever.

Yes! -he exclaimed and crossed the doorway, already thinking about having a nice juicy steak, or two, or three... It immediately became clear to him what that pillar was for once he'd entered the pantry, the room was FREEZING COLD, particularly more so around the pillar.

And he said it's only a little... well, I guess it is, for a dragon, I mean.

Edited by Ælex

Alelel watched Ashur with fascination. She admitted it, she hadn't been around her own kind. "It looks... Rather large to me." she muttered. She looked at the ground and sighed.

Edited by Lothuialel

Ri looked at Columbine and sighed. "I suppose I'll have to get the fish...The cooked parts are disgusting, after all." He said as he got up. He stared at the soulpeace. He wanted to eat her badly. She had a disorder after all. This would've been a chance of a lifetime. "Now....let's see...." He said unhappily.

Not getting that out... -Ashur mumbled, eyeing up the tastiest looking morsels frozen solid in the pantry. He closed the door and looked at Alielel.

She seemed uneasy, somehow. Err, anything the matter? -he asked and scratched himself behind the neck.

Edited by Ælex

Lucina

"So they were salvaged... I understand." Lucina responded as she read the book. She looked up, taking her eyes off the words on the pages. "You had a library? Well, I guess that's one thing we have in common. Too bad last time I saw mine it was in flames." she raised an eyebrow, and went back to the tome. She could barely remember her old home... But she knew there were so many books thanks to her passion for them. She suspired, for her house's fate was to be burned down by a group of orcs that was pillaging the region. If only she dominated offensive magic as she did today... Maybe that day would have been different. Lucina coughed a little as she continued to read. "Anyway, if you need help with your scrolls, I'd be glad to assist." she added.

I didn't own it. No, no... -he shook his head- But it was my home in the castle. Or, well... it was before I met Fiyara, but that's another tale for another day. -he shrugged and folded the scroll, putting it aside.

No, thank you. I'm done, it was just these two. I've been meaning to ask, have you seen others around? As in, other dragons. -he asked, hoping to get a definitive answer. There's only so much one wandering magi can know about the territory it inhabited. Plus, he had a plan, of sorts.

Edited by Ælex

Columbine yelped. "You promised!" she shrieked. The hatchling jumped down and ran. She unfolded her wings and took to the skies. Tears in her eyes. There was no such thing as an honorable person.

Alielel shook her head. "I'm personated as a race that hates me. It's ironic. I don't think I can change back, and....I know nothing of being a human!" she said. Alielel leaned up against a wall and covered her face with her hands. "What if the humans find out? I'm more...volurnerable in this state!" she said the last part with fear.

Navir noticed the young dragon flying away got up with a puzzled look on his face then called out to her "DON'T YOU WANT FOOD? I EVEN GOT A DEER!!" He paused a bit then shouted again to her "WELL IT WAS NICE MEETING YOU! COME BACK ANY TIME!!" He shouted to her then waved, wondering if she will come back for the deer or come back at all, he sighs sadly and looked to the raw fish, cooked fish, deer and other small animals he 'Collected' while around the lake. "Now what am I gonna do with this.."

((Seriously though, why is she angry? Ri didn't mention eating her ever to her after they made a deal...))

( I would think so, they mainly talk to each other and other creatures with their minds.. I guess it would vary, depending on the dragon species))

((Then why couldn't Columbine read his mind to get to know of his past? After she mentioned about his past, he would *obviously* remember it, right?))

Edited by Jass