Lothuialel

Douhle Forest

"No, usually I just rip them apart with my vines, but I'm really bored today, so I decided to mess with you." she paused for a while." So what brings you to this part of the forest?"

Lucina

"Sounds fair enough to me. As long as you don't meddle with my books." Lucina said, taking her book back and putting it in its right place. Keeping the rest of the spellbooks was okay in her eyes, she just didn't want anyone messing with what was hers. The sorceress put her right hand over her mouth and yawned. Her eyelids began to feel heavy and begged her to close her eyes. Concentrating on anything was difficult now. Sleepiness was kicking in. "You didn't answer me if there was a bedroom in this place." Lucina stated. She groaned and looked over her shoulder as her back ached again. At least it would keep her awake for a while.

Alielel blinked. "Not in this building. There is a building not far from this one that is in good shape. It has lots of beds to choose from." she said to Lucina. Alielel yawned. She was getting tired too. Must be late.

((Thank you for the fast approval, Lothuialel. ^^ ))

Encouraged by the thought of finding some backup, a source of food that didn't involve running from an angry mob or even just someone else to talk to, Ashur wandered off back into the woodlands. The day was young, the sun was out, and he felt good under it's rays. No more hiding, no more shadows...

=========================================

Meanwhile, nearby in a clearing among the thick trees, a Magi dragon was tracking a very familiar set of claw prints. Short, but sharp, three distinctively different prints all leading in the same direction, and one that had left traces of toxicity in its wake. The grass where those toxins touched had withered and died, forming a trail so easy to follow, it would make most hunters laugh.

Varaug the Magi, one of many faces and skins, eternally terrified of his own nightmares had wandered in, and was looking for an old friend. He'd followed the trail, and spotted the cave where Ashur had walked in. It'd been decades since they'd spoken, and nothing was certain, so it seemed best to the magi that he kept his head low about it. He waited for Ashur to exit the cave, and sure enough, he did so soon enough.

Varaug merely watched as the grey walked off nonchalantly towards the forest's edge, following quietly, still un-sure how to approach his old friend and explain the cacophony of his own existence. Ten seconds... Twenty... thirty... one minute..., wait.. where did he do? Oh censorkip.gif. Varaug hissed and looked around frantically, almost knowing what was about to happen.

He took a step back...

...then another...

...one more...

*snap*

He swung around, hearing Ashur step on a branch to his side, but it was too late. In less then a second, Varaug was pinned down under Ashur's weight.

Why are you following me?! Answer! -the grey snarled viciously, pushing down harder on Varaug's neck, almost enough to start choking him.

Get.. ghk, it's me you fool! Va-ghk-arghkr.

Sure you are! -the grey hissed and bared its teeth, loosened its grip on the magi's throat so it could talk more clearly, but pressed one of his infected claws against it's throat, knowing full well what a cut from one of those would cause there.

You were born and raised in the grounds, you met Aster before you had your wings but she had hers at the time, you helped defend against Midsummer's eve without the guardian's permission, you killed the Pale One thrice, that's what ruined your claw, you had one offspring, you lost your mate in the demon invasion that destroyed the grounds, moved to Scotia with us, then went rogue, and I last saw you at the battle of the Weeping Falls! -Varaug blurted out, feeling Ashur's grip loosen as he went on, before he was finally released.

How did you know all this? -the grey asked after it'd backed away.

I told you, I'm Varaug. I was your best friend and your best man when you and Aster married. -the magi explained, after shakily getting up.

You're dead... I saw it, you died, you were gutted, I still remember it vividly. -the grey continued with disbelief- You don't even look like him, you're an entirely different magi...

It's me. I just... changed skins, I suppose. -but all that response earned Varaug was a raised eyebrow and a scoff.

I don't... ...believe it, I know. For all it's worth, it's good to see you again. ...no offense, but you look like censorkip.gif.

I feel like censorkip.gif, too. No food, no water... so how did you survive, anyway? I want to know.

With an exasperated sigh, Varaug nudged the grey and lead on, saying I'll explain on the way, let's go find some food for you before you fall apart.

((So good having both of them here, they were inseparable back in new Beginnings. xd.png ))

Edited by Ælex

Lucina

"Another building, huh." Lucina muttered as she went over to a window and looked through it, to see if this good building was visible from there. Her back pain stung. She stretched her body, hoping it would relieve her back... But it did the exact opposite and it worsened. The sorceress grumbled in an annoyed tone. "Great... When it isn't a coughing fit, it's my damn back. I wish a boulder would fall and crush me dead under it." she thought. Lucina snapped back from her thoughts and chronic aches to what was going on. "Where is it? Can we see it from here?" she asked, putting her head outside.

Navir shrugged and started to float in circles again "Well lots of reasons brought me here. One because there is a lake here, two because there is no where else for me to go, and three, because I heard there are quite a bit of dragons here" Navir said as he started to move to get out of the water and put on his robes as he didn't like people, dragon or others, to notice the scars he had "But what brings you to the lake, from the looks of you I would say you are more of the type to reside in a thick jungle"

((New Beginnings is where about 1200 of my posts went a long time ago.))

The two headed off into the woods while Varaug explained in detail about his 'predicament'.

With the tale growing more and more unbelievable for Ashur with each passing word, all he could do was listen in rapt attention as they eventually neared the edge of the forest, towards what looked like a ruined human settlement. T'was the same one Ashur had spotted some time ago.

And well, that's pretty much it. -Varaug concluded his tale and fell silent.

I warned you. I warned you about messing with that kind of magic! -Ashur broke the silence, annoyed at his friend for not heeding his words.

What's done is done. There's no turning back now! -Varaug snapped back, irritated to no end.

I guess so, huh? pfsh...

'Do you remember how to change forms? -the Magi asked, before beginning to draw the traditional circle in the dirt beneath them, a preparation for a long-term shape-changing spell.

Ashur didn't answer, he simply closed his eyes, took a deep breath and released control over his own structure, mentally re-shaping himself until after a second-long transition, covered by a flash of light, where a dragon once stood was now a regular man, with one scarred white as snow eye, dressed in a raggy attire with his right arm exposed, and his left covered in bandages. His working eye was the only thing that betrayed his true nature, a vertically dilated crystal clear blue iris, easily distinguishable from a regular human's eye.

Glad time hasn't beaten that out of you. -Varaug jested. Using one talon, he made a small scratch into his palm, drawing blood. Closing his eyes, he focused hard and muttered some words. A dense crimson red fog covered him for a brief few seconds, obscuring the true nature of his metamorphosis, before fading away, revealing his disguise as a human man of average height, with two diagonally dilated red eyes, adorned with well tailored, if a bit weathered outfit. Unlike Ashur's raggy clothes, it fit perfectly and had an easily distinguishable light brown color. His head was bald, though covered by a cloth hood of the same coloring as the rest of his outfit.

Looks like he was posing as a desert merchant. -the Magi commented about his body's previous owner.

No kidding... I guess we're going into town then? Just like old times.

Except, this time we don't make it explode. I have some rations hidden there. C'mon, follow me. -Varaug explained, before leading the two towards the abandoned human village. It would not be long before they arrived.

((Is Lucina there, and if so, with Alielel, right? Also, mind if we interact?))

Edited by Ælex

((Yeah, deserted town's where they're at. They're inside a library. Sure, sounds fun. biggrin.gif))

Lucina

Still gazing out the window, Lucina spotted something that wasn't expected in a deserted town - two men were entering the abandoned place. The sorceress immediately moved into cover before she could be spotted and crouched, a movement that her back didn't appreciate and the pain burned even more than before. With a flick of her index finger, the white flare dissipated, as it would attract attention. She bit her tongue to prevent herself from complaining from the pain and peeked out the window to look outside again. What were those two doing here? Were they travelers, some of the townspeople that used to live in here or petty thugs? If the latter was the case, Lucina had the solution for the problem in the form of a wall of flames. Nothing that good ol' fire couldn't solve, she thought.

But there was no way she could know if they truly were up to no good, despite them looking quite shady in her eyes. The wizard wasn't going to murder people out of paranoia. She slowly stood up from her crouching position, silently grumbling in her thoughts thanks to her chronic back pain. Well, at least it wasn't a bloody cough attack. Those were worse than when her low back ached. Non-stop coughing, feeling like she'd run out of air... Lucina flinched at the thought but snapped out of it. And she'd better warn her dragon companion of the visitors, too. "Alielel, we got company. There are two men in the town. I thought this was abandoned." she said to the Grave dragon by telepathy.

Edited by MetalDragon

I can't believe it's come to this. -Varaug sighed as the two walked into town.

I can. And I'm certain there's more to come. We're cursed, that's what it is.

Always some sort of cataclysmic event looming. ...hey, what happened to Fiyara, by the way?

She.. well.. -Varaug hung his head and looked away, obviously not willing to discuss it.

I see, alright. Wait!

What?

You see that?

See what?

I swear I saw something shining over there. -Ashur gestured towards the nearby window where, for a brief moment, he caught glimpse of some unusual light.

Varaug looked over, then back at Ashur, then back at the window, squinting, then back at Ashur... Just your imagination, this place has been abandoned for decades.

Or so you think...

The two stood there for a bit, looking suspiciously at the window for a moment, expecting to perhaps see something.

((I should wait for Alielel's response. ^^ ))

Edited by Ælex

((She is here!))

Alielel

Alielel thought for a moment. "Yes. You can see it from here. In fact, it's ray blue-gray house next door. As you can see, it is in better shape." She noticed that there was someone looking through the window. She wondered who they were and why they wanted to hide, rather, not come in and speak to them. Would they be able to see through those windows anyway?

It's nothing, come on. -Varaug growled under his nose and yanked Ashur by the collar.

Know what? You go get your rations, I'll stay here and stare at the window like an idiot. -he jested, though not entirely.

Seriously? Oh, come on... Even if there are people in there, do you really want them to know who and what we are?! Look! -he raised both hands in frustration, approached the window and muttered some words and made a hand gesture at it. The glass shattered with an audible crack, as if it'd been smashed in!

See, there's nobody in th... there... -he swallowed his tongue when his unnatural crimson red eyes met Alielel's.

Ashur simply stood there and clapped slowly for his friend's actions. Nice job, Var.

Edited by Ælex

Alielel

Alielel roared. "There are never anyone else here?! How did they come here? This place is abandoned!" She ran to the window and snarled. Quickly, she crashed through the window and pushed Ashur to the ground. "Who are you? What are you doing here?!" she growled.

Get--off! -he demanded.

Stop, stop! Please, we're not looking for trouble! -Ashur raised both hands and hoped for the best.

Get off before... No! No, no, no. Let him go, and we'll explain everything! -Ashur cut his friend off before he'd managed to make things even worse on himself. We're not looking for trouble, I swear, just get off my friend, and we'll tell you everything you want to know. Right, Var? -Ashur shot his disabled friend with a glance, getting only a scowl and a grunt in response.

Alielel

The grave dragon growled. "I will get off of you after you answer my questions." Alielel wanted to know why they had followed them. If they had followed them at all. She also wanted to know why they would come to an abandoned town in the first place. Lucina, I hope these men don't hurt us. If anything bad starts to go wrong, take your books and run. she said to her telepathically.

"Hmmm...No." He replied. Ri didn't like the taste of sweetness. It made him feel...dizzy. It smelled horrible to him. "I don't sweet fruits. Nor sour ones." He explained. "Meats just fine." He said. He looked at his wrist. He now needed some blood to send a familiar to prepare the meat for him. He looked at Columbine. "Can you cut the meat? You're the only here who has a knife." He said to her.

"I can do more than that." Columbine replied. She grabbed the knife in her delicate paws and began to cut the meat in even strips and cubs. When she finished this, she prepared it. "Do you like seasonings like pepper or thyme?" she asked. "I think sage is a good seasoning to use for meat as well."

"Er....I don't like neither of them...." He looked a bit anxious. She wasn't going to cook it, was she? Its the most logical explanation though... He thought and sighed. He played around with his nails a bit. Why couldn't he just eat it raw? It was fine for him;with the few exceptions of him puking a bit, but otherwise, he was just fine eating it raw. Edited by Jass

Columbine gave it a small bit of cooking. Just enough to not make it sickening. "Here. Not all of it is cooked. I'm warning you, don't try that slightly cooked bit and I will roast the rest." she watched him closely and nugged his hand toward the meat. She sent a silent prayer that he would eat it.

Ri looked at the meat before taking it and biting into it. He tried not to eat impolitely. He looked at Columbine blankly. He quickly ate all of the meat Columbine gave him. "Next on my list, pure, dragon blood." He noted. He wanted to taste this poisonous blood. "I wonder if I should mix pure dragon blood with an impure one...I wonder what'll that taste like." He said.

Columbine looked at him with pain. "Impure.." she chocked. There was no such thing as impure. She had a defect. She was an outcast. She looked away. "Here, eat the rest of the meat." she pushed the raw stuff toward him and got up. She stretched and wondered if he would notice her walking away. Like it matters. He probably doesn't like me anyway. she thought to herself. He did just call her impure. Columbine ran up a tree and walked along the branch.

Ri looked at Columbine in confusion as she started to walk away from him. Was she leaving? So soon? "...Did I do something wrong?" He asked himself and the dragon. Girls. They seemed so sensitive at everything. He swore that the girl whom he had met committed suicide just because he called her something. He wondered what.

Columbine sighed sadly. "You called me impure." she sat down with her back to him. "I am pure. I was just born with a disability, defect, disorder, whatever you want to call it. I'm unwanted, I get it. It's not like you ever liked me anyhow." she glanced over her shoulder at him. Why was he so concerned?

((I had to be evil there.))

'We're just here for something my friend here left behind. -Ashur explained, now at his wits' end.

And we're just travelers. No, we're not regular humans either. -he added, hoping to perhaps use that as an advantage.

The idea was to attract as little attention as possible, but genius here is so paranoid that he couldn't help himself. -he scowled at Varaug.

Edited by Ælex

Alielel calmed. She got off of him. "Me and my partner were just staying here for a while. I've stayed here for years and never have had anyone else come by. The two of you surprised me. Your not human? What are you?" she scratched her claws against the ground impatiently.