Lothuialel

Douhle Forest

Ophelia

Ophelia yelped. "N-No! I-I'm not scared of a-anything! I swear! A-A-And I'm not sh-shaking!" she denied while talking fast. But the truth was that Oskar's mere presence terrified her. She knew she could be harshly punished by her master at any time, whether the punishment's reason was fair or not. And it usually wasn't. And that was when a reason did exist, because most of the times it was done just for the vampire lord's own amusement. The vampire girl shivered a little despite just denying Navir's claims. "But why? W-Why would you j-just take a d-dragon j-just because it wanted t-to sleep?" Ophelia asked, briefly turning to the other elf and the child girl with curious eyes. She had to find out more about them, too.

Navir arched his brow at the girls quick denial but she still shivered and stammered a lot. "well she needed someone to watch her after all, and I was the one who offered to do so. plus I like this adorable little dragon" he said smiling and petted the snoozing dragon lightly still "Miss, I can tell there is something bothering you and scaring you and I would like to know what so I can help... unless of course it is me or the dragon then I can just go if you want?" he said curiously arching his brow sounding a bit worried.

Ophelia

"No! It-It isn't you!" Ophelia replied. She had to think of something quickly to get out of this situation or else Navir's curiosity could lead into giving her master's position away. Maybe there was something that could be done, but she wasn't sure if it would work.

"W-Well," the vampire started. "I-I'm not actually a-a-afraid of a-anything. I-I was born l-l-like this. I've st-stammered on my wo-wo-words ever since I-I was a child. N-Nothing I can d-do about it." Ophelia explained, hoping the elf would take her lie for granted. "Th-The same g-goes for my tr-tremors." she added with a sigh.

Navir nodded and sighed sadly "I am sorry to hear that." he said sadly and looked a bit depressed now and sighs a bit before looking back to her with a confused look on his face "If you are bound to the one who turned you like you said, then where is he? shouldn't you be with him? or.. perhaps you still are" he said suspiciously looking around the lake and tree lines. "Or maybe not" he added

((I want to hold Oskar on his spot, so Kit can interact with him later. If she wants to, of course.))

Ophelia

Ophelia looked at Navir. It looked like the elf was getting more and more suspicious as time passed. Maybe he already knew her master was around, but she wasn't going to let the secret slip. She quickly came up with more excuses. "Y-Yes, I am b-bound to that v-vampire... B-But he l-l-let me have s-some time of my o-o-own. Th-That's why I'm n-not around him." she explained. Oh, if only Oskar actually gave her some freedom, she probably wouldn't be so miserable in his hands. Ophelia quickly shook those thoughts off, before her master could hear them. The vampire girl felt somewhat guilty for lying to what looked like such a nice elf, but there wasn't anything she could do but obey her lord.

Edited by MetalDragon

Navir sighed again and pat the dragon lightly before looking to the girl again "Do you want to be a vampire?" he said, his voice saddened, as with this girl's speech only slightly doubts what she is saying and is still suspicious but still not showing signs of any threat.

Dragroot winced as electricity coursed through her body. It didn't injure her much, but the pain was quite intense. She sprayed a cloud of thick pollen, trying to obstruct the sorcerer's view" I haven't had a fight like this in ages!" she shouted, laughing. Just then, several knives and other sharp objects flew forward, she managed to deflect a few with a vine, but one of them curved and sliced through the vine. The rest of the knives buried themselves all over her body. Screaming, she jumped through the hole in the wall and burrowed below the building.

Edited by Melomancer

((Man with all this separated stories, all into one, it confusing to understand what going on. My head hurts. anyone heard from Lothuialel?))

((I don't know, she didn't appear yesterday...))

Lucina

"Friend of mine? I don't think so!" Lucina responded to Varaug and looked at the Vine dragon. The electricity appeared to bother the creature but it didn't paralyze it as intended. Instead, it sprayed a cloud of pollen, which not only blocked her view but also caused her to start coughing and wheezing. The sorceress backed away from the pollen as much as she could, before collapsing onto the floor in her coughing spasm. And to make things worse, she had lost sight of the Vine dragon... "Where... Is it?!" Lucina was able to squeeze out some words while coughing.

Ophelia

"U-Uhh..." That was basically a check-mate for Ophelia. If she answered "yes", it could possibly draw even more suspicion from the elf. And if she answered "no", she'd have problems with her master later on and even if it was just a lie the vampire could possibly get caught up in some freaky ritual to attempt to remove her vampirism. "B-Being a v-vampire does have it-its advantages..." Ophelia responded, trying to remain neutral as for her condition.

With the room so full of pollen that it was hard to see just a few feet in front of your own face, it came as no surprise that Varaug was having trouble breathing. That was nothing, however, compared to Lucina's adverse reaction to the situation. She looked as if she was about to cough out her lungs, or at the very least suffocate.

Unsure whether or not the blades had done their thing due to the limited visibility, Varaug covered his mouth with one hand and reached for Lucina. Barely managing to lift her off of the floor, he swung one of her arms over his neck and forcefully guided her towards the building's entrance, hoping the knives did their magic and the vine wasn't there any more. Luckily, it wasn't.

Once outside, Varaug breathed a deep breath of clean air and released Lucina on the ground, hoping she'd be able to catch one too.

=========================================

With all this commotion around, it was not surprising Ashur took notice. The second he saw his friend and their new acquaintance run out of the building, he rushed in and frantically asked: What the hell happened?! Who was that?! -but receiving no response from his still gasping for clean air friend.

((I have some idea of what's going on...))

Edited by Ælex

Lucina

Lucina continued to cough as she was carried off to outside the building. She didn't immediately stop coughing and wheezing, and it took a while before the fit slowly settled down. Still on the ground, the sorceress took some deep breaths in order to recover herself. She looked up at Varaug and spoke in a raspy voice that was barely comprehensible. "Looks like I owe you one..." Lucina muttered as she stood up and looked at Ashur. "We were attacked by a Vine dragon... But it has disappeared..." she explained as she panted.

Navir nodded and leaned in a bit interested "well what advantages? I know there are disadvantages... like the sun?" he said pointing out that it is still day light out and they are in a clearing by a lake... "can some vampires spend longer time out in the light then others?"

Don't mention it. -Varaug said nonchalantly, patted Ashur on the shoulder and added- I need to seal the place up. I can't do it alone. Help me, please.

It took a second to register, but Ashur understood what Varaug wanted from him. Grimacing, he let off a loud sigh and extended one hand towards his friend. Varaug took it, and focused, feeling the pure unused energy flow from his friend's body towards his own. A few seconds later, he let go. Ashur staggered backwards and his legs buckled. He went down on one knee and covered his ribs with one arm.

I hate... -he stammered- I hate it when you do this.

Thank you. -Varaug said, helping Ashur back on his feet, before turning towards his building. He raised one hand at where his sanctum was located and hissed a few inaudible words. Arcs of lightning jolted between his fingers as he laid down incantation after incantation...

WAIT! -Ashur suddenly yelled- Ailelel is still in there!

Ceasing his spellcasts, Varaug lowered his hand and clutched his fist, visibly pissed.

I have to seal it up! They must not reach the basement! -he yelled.

So you'd rather lock in that innocent girl?! She'll starve by the time you get that lockdown off! -Ashur yelled back.

Raising both hands in frustration, Varaug paced around for a few seconds. He was losing time.

That Vine could be back any second now and rip his home asunder without the protective wards he wanted to place on there!

It's just one. We can handle this.

...fine. -Varaug finally said after a pause that felt like an eternity, grabbed Ashur by the shoulders and returned his energy to him. As the small arcs of lightning dissipated from Varaug's hands, he spoke. But if this goes to hell, it'll be the Training Grounds all over again.

Edited by Ælex

Lucina

"Alielel? Are you still inside? You have to get out, now." Lucina made a second attempt at talking to Alielel telepathically. She looked around in the deserted town, paying attention to everything she could. "It sounded like the Vine dragon's intent was to kill us. It's gone now, but I'm sure it'll come back to try again." the sorceress said, groaning as her throat felt like it was burning. Lucina would try entering the building to look for Alielel, but she didn't want to risk getting trapped in by a protection spell. The wizard quickly murmured a couple of magical words and raised up her right hand. A medium-sized fireball formed itself on her hand, ready to be flung at whoever would be unfortunate enough to be its target. She wanted to be prepared, because she was sure the attacking dragon would come back to try to finish its job. "That thing might come back, so you better watch your back. I'll try not to hit your home." Lucina stated. Outside in the open, she wouldn't have to worry about hitting something important within the building, so she was free to cast her more powerful spells.

Ophelia

"A-Advantages..." Ophelia pondered. "W-Well... You're mu-much stronger... Faster... And y-you'll never h-have to fear de-death..." she explained. There were many things a vampire could do, but those were the things she could think right off the bat. She nodded to the elf, acknowledging that yes, she's been in the sunlight too long for a vampire. "Y-Yes and no..." the vampire girl stated. "I-I can stand th-the sun because m-my superior taught me this tr-trick. You u-use all of your strengths t-to withstand the s-sunlight. But you ha-have to be well-fed to do it." she explained, taking a deep breath in. It sounded like her master was gone for now... Maybe she could try to relax a little and speak in coherent sentences rather than stumble on every word of hers.

Dragroot grabbed one of the knives with a vine. She ripped it out, muffling a scream. She did the same with the other knives. Panting, she looked at the stump of the vine that was cut off. Nevermind, I still have more. She noticed a small puddle of water underground. She sprayed pollen in it and stirred it with a vine. Turning it into a honey-like substance. She bent down and took a sip. The wounds stopped bleeding almost immediately, although the pain was still there. She looked upwards. Anyone that fought that well deserved to live. Thanks for the fight. she thought. She moved back towards the forest to tend to her wounds.

Navir nodded and scratched his chin as he thought, recalling from previous experience and past encounters "But wouldn't it drain you quickly? like you would need to feed soon if you remain in the sun?" he said as he seemed to be putting pieces of information together mumbling to him self before he spoke to make sure the information was correct.

It's not really about the building. Varaug stated, still confused by the sudden eruption of unexpected events. Where did it go?

Maybe, we scared it off? Ashur shrugged.

That 'maybe' makes your claim as useful as dead silence.

Rolling up his sleeves, Varaug walked back towards the building's entrance. It was quiet, the relative silence contrasting with the commotion from just under a minute ago. Walking through the ruined entrance, he called out to his new acquaintance, in the hopes she was not injured. The last thing he wanted right now was a casualty, especially considering Lydia, the one responsible for healing his old clanmates, was now long since gone from his life.

Alielel? -he called out loudly once inside the building. Though it was still hard to breathe, it was at the very least bearable.

Edited by Ælex

Lucina

Lucina tried to sense the Vine dragon... If it was still around, she would find it. But she couldn't sense anything that matched the dragon's presence. At least not nearby. "I can't sense the dragon anymore. It must have left." she stated, dissipating the fireball in her hand. The wizard looked at the building and sighed. She'd go in to search for her acquaintance, but it was likely that the pollen was still there. It would only give her another cough attack and the magi would have to pull her out again. Lucina decided to stay outside and pay attention to see if the assailant dragon would return.

Ophelia

"O-Only when it's your f-f-first attempts. As y-you use it more, you can l-last longer out in the sun wi-without having to f-feed." Ophelia explained. "I-It also depends on the day. Th-The harsher the sunlight is, the m-more difficult it is to endure the sun." she added. This particular day hadn't been kind to her or her master, either. She was started to crave for blood. It was still manageable for the moment, the vampire wasn't actually thirsty but still she wanted to drink the red liquid soon... Ophelia took her right wrist to her mouth and bit onto it, causing blood to pour out. She licked the wound and drunk from her own red fluids. It wasn't going to satisfy her, vampire blood didn't have any life-force that she needed. But it still tasted normally, which helped her control her lust for blood. Of course, this would be an obvious sign to the others that the vampire was beginning to feel thirsty and possibly become a threat, but it was either that or suddenly be taken over by feral instincts.

Ophelia glanced at the other elf and child then looked back at Navir. "W-Who are the other t-two?" she asked. She couldn't forget that there were two more people in the area, it was something her master surely would want to know about too.

Edited by MetalDragon

((I'm gonna wait for Lothuialel to post.))

Navir followed her gaze to the two standing together talking among themselves. and sighed and stretched a bit, not minding the fact she drank from her wrist but takes note of it "Oh, the girl there is I think Ri, careful he might eat you. and I am pretty sure he is thinking about eating you now. the other one is an elf who thought I was a homosexual. which I am not" he said leaning back in his chair turning his body to face Ophelia "Well you told me a lot about you and such so I will tell you about me" he said sighing "I am Navir, I am a high elf and a VERY good alchemist. what made me rather renowned was my specialty in rather exotic or unnatural beings. for example dragons and vampire, I worked with a dragon once well still do.. I think. and I am an 'expert' or so in the 'vampire field' as they say... My potions and elixirs are one of a kind when it comes to them.. I even did research on them and came up with my special potions.." he said smiling and stretches again "for example, I created a synthetic blood substitute for vampires that didn't want to feed on people so they can remain sane and 'socially acceptable' as they say.. I even created other special and rather secret potions for them as well" he said smiling and patted the sleeping dragon again

((Ok for clarification. the Navir here's history is that he is a OUTSTANDING alchemist, but in the form of potions not alchemy like full metal alchemist. he also is a expert when it comes to vampires. so he has the substitute blood which he managed to make taste like wine and serve the same purpose as blood. He also is good with swords, bows, runes, and has some pretty unique magic.. he also has a terrible and traumatizing past, so if anyone tries to read his mind and find out about his past, they are going to see some pretty horrific images and feelings, as for example, one of his friends lost an arm, so he made a potions that switched the drinker's condition with the other drinker, so instead HE didn't have an arm.. but the process was painful and slow as it had his arm slowly disintegrate from the fingers to his socket... but the person forced him to give the arm back to him and he did so, so he has a scar on right shoulder.. also a VERY painful event that caused his entire left leg to be completely covered in just on scar that covers every inch of it.... yeah he had a terrible and great past))

Ophelia

"Wow, he sure is giving me a lot of information..." Ophelia thought to herself, listening to Navir talking about himself. So, he was a renowned alchemist and a vampire expert... The vampire woman shuddered a bit. She knew that her master surely would want the elf dead, or at least turned into one of his ghoul slaves. And there was no way to hide it from him. And those potions to substitute blood... She'd love to have one of those, but she also knew her master would never approve of these. Ophelia stopped licking the blood from her wrist and looked at Navir. "W-What other kinds o-of potions do you brew?" she asked, rather curious herself.

Navir smiled as he looked up to the sky to recall some more information "well I can treat or cure ANY ailments... ANY" he said hoping Ophelia got the hint about it being vampirism. "I had conducted a few experiments my self so I know they work" he said as he moved his collar on the left and right sides of his neck to show what looks like scars from bite marks but faded "There's a reason I know that my potions work.." he said as he put his collar back to the way it was, hiding the scar after he got done showing them to Ophelia "and I can make a potion for almost anything given time and knowledge of what I am working with.." he said smiling as he leaned back in his chair "so if you name it, I might have a potion for it or some sort of alchemy process for it... and if not, I will soon" he said smiling

((Umm. Where's Lou?))

Ophelia

Ophelia looked down at the ground, visibly saddened. "A-Any ailments huh..." she muttered under her breath. Yes, she had understood that this elf could probably do something about her vampirism. But that not only would endanger herself but the elf as well... Her master wouldn't allow for such thing to happen. And she got used to her condition to the point it would be strange if she suddenly returned to be human once again. The vampire woman sighed in a rather lamenting tone. "R-Rarely do vampires c-contract diseases, but... I-I'll make s-sure t-to notify you if I n-need anything." Ophelia stated. "A-And you said th-that you do experiments on y-yourself... That must be un-unpleasant... Anyway, y-you're an alchemist, b-but what else can you do?" the vampire girl asked. She was not as nervous as before as Oskar had said he was leaving. The stuttering sounded rather forced, as if just to keep true to what she said some time ago about why she stammered on her words.