Millennium07

Kage no Kagami ~The Shadows in the Mirror~

"Did you just spit something out?" Lucine asked, sitting down on her bed. "It was David, not Dragon, that I'm completely sure of.". She thought back on the kiss. "I asked him to my school dance on friday. I wonder if it's going to be awkward." Suddenly she remembered something. "I'm going to his house tonight! What if it's strange?!"

Hisao nodded sagely at her concerns. Not because he thought they were founded, but because finally, she was having normal teenage girl problems. "Yeah, my coffee." He confirmed with a laugh. "As for awkwardness...I doubt it? If so, not for very long. I mean, you both enjoyed it, right?" Hisao heard crashes from outside. He'd have to go check that out soon...

Edited by Millennium07

"We did. But it was strange afterwards. None of knew what to say. He left after that. I'm just worried something will go wrong, that's all." Lucine said, looking out the window. "But, I believe you if you say it won't be awkward."

Hisao nodded. "Your two young kids who, if I'm right, are falling in love with each other. This sort of thing happens all the time." Hisao explained nonchalantly. "It'll be fine." He then grinned. Besides. "If you play your cards right, it might happen again!" He laughed jovially. "Well, I expect you're going to want to prepare for your...ah...screw it. We're miles away, you can't shoot me a death glare. Prepare for your home date. Just remember! Don't do anything I woulden't do~~" He said, hanging up. His smile fell away as he rushed to where Chastity was. "Their here? Now?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

A dark room. David looked around, but that was the best explanation he could come up with.

"Do not be alarmed"

David whittled around to see a girl sitting at a chair, looking out of the window.

"I am another past life. In this case, the one who came directly before you." She said, tonelessly.

By the look of her clothes, she seemed to be from the 40's. She looked like Unfenschiet in that she looked similar to him, only with darker hair, and glasses.

She turned to face him. "You best prepare yourself, vessel of the Eyes of Babylon." She said, opening her eyes to reveal they were identic to Unfenschiets's. "You must not allow Dragon to consume you, but not must you completely reject him, as I did. Learn from the mistakes of your past, to build a better future."

David opened his eyes to see he was on the balcony once more. He took in deep breaths of cool night air to try and steady himself. Yeah...one hell of a day.

((Edited for spelling. You can tell I'm still tired))

Edited by Millennium07

"Yeah yeah. You know I'm not used to normal." Lucine replied. She got up and threw the phone on her bed when Hisao hung up. She headed to her bathroom and started the shower. After undressing she stepped in, allowing herself to relax under the hot water.

The brunette had just finished drying her hair and was busy turning it into a french braid. She wanted to be ready for the time she sneaked out. She had put on her black jeans along with a white shirt that had some lace detailing. For once, Lucine felt like a normal teenager.

David's preperatons had been a bit different. For one, he'd been so preoccupied music on the day's events that he realised he'd been on the balcony for ages. He walked back inside, and wondered if he should get changed or not. He walking into his room and removed his jumper and shirt, looking through the wardrobe. He caught sight of reflection and felt a pang of guilt. He traced his bandages around his torso, he briefly felt sorrow at the thought of Lucine being with someone so broken. He then recalled the kiss and realised that she chose him all by herself, to her, he was just a boy, not a potential suicide risk. He coulden't stop smiling at the thought, before he felt tears begin to roll down his cheeks. He turned his head, smile faltering, to the picture of his family by his bed. "I-I wish that y-you could...could have s-seen her. He sobbed, striding to his bed and and clutching the picture to his chest, flopping down in the bed. He was grieving properly for the first time since he'd tried to kill himself, only this time he was crying not for the bleakness of the future without them, but for the bright future he wished they could see.

"Crying for your precious family?" A taunting voice cut through his head.

"Mourn-mourning their l-loss" David spoke back through tears. Dragon's voice sounded surprised and almost...almost sad itself when it replied.

"I wish I could have met them..."

After pulling himself together, he put the picture back on the bedside table and smiled wistfully. "Sorry if this is an insult, guys, but I'm...I'm not just living for your memory anymore. I have something else now as well. I acknowledge that I can honour your memory, whilst moving forwards." He said getting up and looking himself in the mirror. He nodded at Dragon and put his black shirt back on, but leaving the red jumper. He then walked into the kitchen and began looking for stuff to serve as snacks, awaiting Lucine's call.

Lucine's parents had come home while she was in the shower. She had greeted them and told them she would be in her room as usual, that she had an essay and didn't want to be disturbed. She gathered her things, slinging her bag over her shoulder. She picked her phone up and called David.

"Hi David, I just wanted to let you know I'm about to leave. I'll be there soon, okay? Can't wait to see you." As she left her room she locked her door, making sure nobody saw her leaving the house.

David nodded "Likewise. I'll be out on the balcony and will come down to meet you when I are you coming. Take car of yourself" He said tenderly, heading to the balcony.

"Okay. I'll take care of myself." Lucine said as she walked down the street, looking at the sky.

David surveyed the steadily darkening street. Purples, blues, greys and blacks. Much more natural than the red of the Inverse Plain. However, for the faintest moment, he could have sworn the moon looked black, just as it did in the Inverse Plain. He found the path Lucine would be following and leant against the bars, watching it softly.

Lucine smiled as each star blinked into life. She loved looking at them, each was unique, some brighter than the rest and others seemed a different colour. She loved this place more than the inverse plain, which was just a hell to her.

((By the way, he's going to be out (and so not at his computer) for a bit, now :>))

David smiled as he thought of seeing Lucine again. He looked at the easel in the corner. Maybe he could try painting her portrait one day. He saw the outline of a person on the path he thought Lucine would be following and began to wave eccststically.

((Yes, thank you, Sissy, haha. I'm going birthday shopping for Sissy. Should be back in a couple hours. Don't miss me too much ~))

Edited by Millennium07

"They are sort of like cats, some are cute, some are cuddly, each with their own personality, and if you manage to befriend them, then almost all are loyal and sweet and look out for you..." Acedia explained quietly, she left go of Gula's arm when he started to cut Chastity's arm, she didn't know why but Acedia didn't like this human girl, she wanted Gula's attention, she wanted him to call her pretty. Acedia clutched her good/left hand in a fist her fingers turning white, not even telling Gula to stop like she would usually do. But. Then Acedia felt bad, the human hasn't asked for this had she?

Lucine could see the apartment building David lived in and smiled. When she looked closer she saw somebody waving estatically in her direction. 'That could only be David.' She lifted her arm and waved back.

David smiled and, knowing it was Lucine, disappeared from the balcony to meet her at the enterence. He leant against the wall and exhaled slowly. Perhaps the Inverse Plain wasn't all bad, if this was one of the results.

Lucine started jogging to get to the apartments faster. When she saw David leaning against the wall she slowed down. "David~" She smiled as she approached him.

Lucine returned the hug lovingly. "I'm feeling great! How about you David? I missed you sooo much!" She rebbed her cheek against his shoulder.

David stroked her back gently. "I'm feeling lighter than air." He said, kissing her head and sighing contentedly. "Come on, let's head on up" He said lovingly.

Lucine planted a kiss on David's cheek. Her hand tried to find his. "Your telling me."