Kayrinda

Winged RP

Rena smiled to Chessayia, as she appeared next to her.

"Welcome to the class. We have to wait that everybody come down first, before we go back up and practice some headwind flying." she quickly explained to Chessayia.

The students came one at a time, spiraling in an adjusted way to match their wings. Rena shouted some tips and encouragements as the came down, also yelling when they should open their wings and glide. Everybody made it safely down. The students were from all age groups, mostly a little bit older than the ones with James.

"Great job, everyone! Lets get back up and fly towards the wind. I will go first. While flying, try spiraling left and right and if there's a gust of a stronger wind, adjust to it. There might come a few warm updrafts from the Green Sea, so be aware of that."

Rena made sure everybody knew what to do, then started running and flapping her wings, finally taking off. After gaining height, Rena glided, waiting for the others to catch up.

"Sure-ie-o." Taou said before walking over to Nate, "Yellow, I'm Taou." he said grinning as he unfolded his wings. "You need to strengthen your muscles." he explained, pointing out on his wings where they would be needed the most, "One of the most basic exercises is to move your wings first inward toward the center if your back, upward and full out, hold as long as you can like that, and then downward as if you were flapping."

"I've worked forever to get that hovering down." Aeio admitted getting to his feet and then into the air again, "No diving doesn't hurt" Aeio said as he hovered again, "I can dive at around 180 mph. Where are you staying in town?" Aeio asked, looking up at the sun for time, he needed to get back home, but he still didn't have a cover story. Dropping lightly onto his feet Aeio braced his forehead on his hands and tried to think of an excuse for being gone for 4 months.

Following Rena she leaps into the air and pounds her large wings against the air, some of the others gape at how large her wings are but she ignores it, flapping harder. She swoops up behind Rena and spirals as instructed and a huge gust of wind tries to push her down but she flies into it easily, her mighty wings made for flying into strong winds. Her long hair whips around as she flies higher and higher, going higher than instructed. A warm updraft hits her wings and she just folds them and dives swiftly onto the cliff, landing hard and into a crouch, her wings spread wide. They fold against her back and she smiles as she watches the others.

Nate does the stretches and his soft feather bristle with the wind passing over them.

James smiled softly to Taou before he then went to help the others. After a while he noticed a cooler breeze come through before he turned to the others. " We will need to head on home now. It's starting to get cold and you know how I hate the cold." With that he then grinned before he then knelt down to hug a few of the younger ones before he watched them run off to their homes. He then spoke, " You and Aerio going to head to your home Taou or stay with one of the others?"

Chessayia feels the cool wind and sniffs the air..."Guys, I'm gunna head back to Nate...." She leaps into the air and shivers slightly and swoops down to Nate. Landing Next to Him She looks at James before speaking, "Where will we stay???" She picks him up and shrouds her and him in her wings, giving him his bunny.

Rena noticed, that some people were starting to go inside.

"A little longer, guys!" she called out, before they turned back to Wind Keep.

They were all a little tired and their muscles were strained, but all were glad with the training.

"Awesome! Go and get some food from the mess hall and remember to stretch your muscles!" Rena said to her class, before they all started to disappear into their houses or the mess hall. Rena too, stretched and went off the eat. She was starving.

James tilted his head in thought before he then asked, " Do you want to live with someone or in your own house? We have a few empty places if you want to be on your own or there are guest rooms in all the houses if you'd rather live with someone for a while."

Nodding at Nate in encouragement Taou made his way back to James, "Aeio said he would feed me dinner." he said shrugging, "But I don't know about staying the night." Smiling Taou brushed off the problem as he usually did with such, if worst came to worst, he would endure the cold winds tonight.

James turned to Taou before he then spoke, " If you don't stay with Aeio tonight then come to my house. Your bed there is always open to you and I don't want to see you out in the cold like before I left." With that he then ruffled his hair gently before he looked over towards Nate.

"Our own house would be nice, I kind of think of Nate as a son." Chessay smiles slightly and hugs Nate tighter before kissing his forehead. Nate starts to braid her long hair.

James nodded his head as he heard that before he then pointed to a house with red curtains in the window. " That one is free. It was held by one of the women who came here and she left it when she married." With that he then smiled to the two before speaking, " However you may get appointed an Elder who will check in on the two of you to make sure that everything is okay."

"Okay. I'll go put our things up." She smiles at Nate, "How about you hang around Taou a bit kay?" Nate nods and smiles "Taou is awesome!" She laughs and goes into the house, 'Cozy..' She sees two bedrooms and sets Nates stuff down in the smaller of the two rooms and hers in the larger room. Coming back out she smiles at the others and tosses back her hair, trying again to pull her wings all the way in but it stings so she ignores trying.

"Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt, otherwise there wouldn't be very many skydivers, would there? That wouldn't be fun, falling out of a plane and feeling like the wind is ripping away your skin, and ew that gave me a really gross picture in my mind even though skydiving obviously doesn't rip your face off," Rose said, leaning forward to try to keep from being blown backwards by the wind that Aeio was generating. It was pretty difficult, but was good training.

"Where are you staying in town?"

"Wait! I know this one. In a house, somewhere, in Windkeep. I forget where. Somewhere! Wait, now I remember. It's that one house with the roof and the door and every house has a roof and a door so that's not very descriptive but yeah. A house." Right around the time that she stopped talking, Aeio stopped hovering, causing her to crash forwards into the dirt. "Ow. Stop making me crash into things," she said, standing up and rubbing the dirt off of her face.

"Sorry." Aeio said looking up sheepishly, "are you any good with coming up with exsuses?" He asked her, shaking out his wings before folding them across his back. Edited by Raven301

"It's okay! Accidents happen, 'cause if they didn't happen then we probably wouldn't even understand the concept of an 'accident', so obviously they happen and I don't really understand the point of saying 'accidents happen', because it's so obvious there's not really a point in saying it. Anyway, I'm okay." Rose stopped trying to rub the dirt off of her face, having decided that she had gotten most of it off, but there was still a large, smudged streak of dirt across her face.

"Are you any good with coming up with excuses?"

"Uh, I don't know. I don't usually need to come up with excuses. Except for that one time. And that other time." Rose started to count on the fingers of one of her hands, using the other to try to rub at her face again. "And then, and that time, and... Right! Those three other times. But other than that, not really. At least, those are the major times that I remember. Anyway, what do you need an excuse for?"

"I've ah been missing for awhile." Aeio said groaning before answering, "A very long while when I told my father I'd only be gone for a few weeks. Would you like to come with me to face my fate?" he asked after a moment.

"Oh, that would need an excuse. Once I was late coming home and that's probably a really boring story that you don't want to hear but anyway I was grounded," Rose said quickly.

"Would you like to come with me to face my fate?"

"Sure!" Rose didn't see any reason not to come with Aeio. They had been talking for about five minutes, but Rose made friends quickly. And you were supposed to help friends, right? Of course. And facing angry parents alone was never fun, so it would be nice of her to help. Anyway, it was either come with him or continue to practice crashing into trees.

Edited by Backup77

Grinning at her Aeio nodded in the direction of Windkeep, "We can walk." he said rubbing his arm where it had slammed into the tree earlier, "It's not that far." Begging the walk back to town Aeio wracked his brain, trying to come up with an excuse. It was an impossible notion his father would be angry and Aeio would have to deal with it.

Rena was sitting in the mess hall, eating with a good appetite. She was, indeed, starving. Various Winged were scattered around the mess hall, but the were sitting in groups. Mostly it was, that the Winged of the same age gathered together. The kids stayed together, but close to their parents. The teenaged Winged obviously didn't want to be too close to the adults, and the Elders were in one corner, muttering silently to each other.

Rena wasn't sitting in any of them. She didn't really like all of the teenaged Winged - some were a little too... rebellious. Rena sighed and continued eating.

James smiled towards the two before he then turned. Seeing Aeio heading towards Windkeep he then turned towards him as he then spoke, " Do you and Taou want to stay in my guest room while I talk to your father? I know you have been gone for a while but I'm sure if given enough time to vent that he won't be too upset with you." He then turned to the young girl, " Hello there you must new. I'm James I'm one of the Flyers."

"Naw I deserve a good venting." Aeio said after thinking it over for a minute, "I told my father I would be back in three weeks and it's been four months. I deserve whatever he throws at me. Besides if I myself don't tell him he'll be even angrier and possibly a bit worried." Walking for a few more minutes the group finally stopped in front of Aeio's father's house. She know who I am now. Aeio thought to himself as he glanced at Rose, hope she doesn't start acting too weird.

James nodded his head as he heard that before he then spoke, " I can understand his worry. I think even I would be yelling if you were my child." Patting his shoulder gently he then looked to the girl once more before tilting his head as if trying to picture where he had seen her before but only coming up with a blank. So a part of him knew that she had to have come after he had left to visit his brother. He then noticed just what type of wings that she had, " I think that one of the Elders has a niece with Humming bird wings if you wish to talk to her."

"Wish me luck." Aeio said as he stepped forward and pushed his way into the house. Walking over the hardwood floors Aeio came to a tall oaken door and knocked, mentally punching himself for not changing sooner. "Come in." a voice said from the office. "Hello father." Aeio said as he pushed his way into the room. Behind a large wooded desk a tall man with broad shoulders put down the report he was working on to address Aeio, "Aeio where have you been?" he said deathly calm. Calm is the worst. Aeio thought as he nervously let himself in and flopped down into one of the two chairs that faced the desk. "In the rainforest." Aeio answered truthfully, rasing one eyebrow at his father. "What am I supposed to do with you?" he asked sighing. "Forgive me?" Aeio suggested tentatively, "I did find a whole new style of flying, birds down there fly for show during breeding season. I learned quite a few new tricks."

"I don't care about tricks!" Aeio's father said suddenly slamming his hand down on the table, "Do you know how your mother died Aeio?" he asked quietly after a moment. Wordlessly Aeio shook his head, he had always assumed that his mother had died in childbirth with him, he had never seen her.

"She went out on a mission to try and find a location for another Winged city, and never came back. You got your wandering nature from her, she was always exploring or studying." Looking away slightly his father continued, "After the first month I thought you had done the usual, lost track of time, after the second I got more worried and sent out a few Flyers to see if you were in the immediate area, and after the third I was worried out of my mind."

"I'm sorry." was all Aeio could say over the emotions bouncing around in his head.

"Go now Aeio, and never do that to me again."

Stumbling out of the office Aeio paused for a moment to collect himself before pushing his way out of the house, aware that his eyes were probably still red from emotions he tried to keep in.

James turned as he noticed Aeio heading out of the house. Sighing as he saw how red the eyes of the boy was. Knowing that he was at that age between boy and man where he didn't want to show his emotions. Shaking his head he then turned once more to the girl to give the boy some time to compose himself.

Sighing she exits, leaping into the air before feeling and interesting pulling at her gut. Falling from the sky with a scream, but her scream is more like a screech of a bird. When she hits the ground black feathers start sprouting on her skin, her eyes widen and turn a bright green, her mouth and nose elongate forwards into a curved beak. She feels her wings shrinking from her back and her arms shift into huge powerful wings, her head looses all hair and becomes white and grey feathers. She rolls onto her side and her legs become the legs of a bird. As she finishes this change she looks around and lets out a shrieking cry and flaps her wings. She walks slightly and wobbly on her talon ed feet before lifting off and going to the sounds of voices, her sharp raptor vision making it easy to see anything.