Kayrinda

Winged RP

Rena lifted her head. She had just left the mess hall, and now she thought she heard a shriek on the very edge of her hearing. She started running towards the cliff, when she saw something she thought she would never see.

A giant bird.

Rena stared in horror. Then she took a few steps backwards. Then she ran and almost bumped into James. Rena's eyes were wide open and she shook violently, barely able to point towards the cliff.

"I-I have no idea what is it." She managed to gasp.

Connor sighed as he glided back towards the keep. He'd been gone for a week hunting and had little success. "Whats the point of one person going to hunt for a week when they can only carry so much," He asked himself. "Bloody cat," He groaned angrily briefly rubbing the blood stained bandage on his arm. Ill need to go to a healer, god this is going to be embarrassing. In his few years at the keep Connor had been forced to go to healers many times, mainly due to not realising how dangerous it was to dive towards a moose. Mostly those resulted in bruising but at one point he'd been tired and ended up getting trampled, he'd needed to be carried back. He sighed, the other hunters who'd carried him had been polite, but he knew that all of them were laughing inside. Just like the healers after he told them what had happened. No ones ever truly sympathetic, no one ever cares. He paused in his flight, he could see the keep now, but there was something else there. He focused his eyes, maybe someone was coming to relieve him of all the meat he had. Unlikely, he thought. It was flying... and it looked big, and it was getting closer. "I don't like this, what is that?" He asked himself. Connor closed his wings in mid flap, his body tilting verticle as he dropped down, hoping that whatever it was hadn't seen him.

(Hope that's an okay first post, and that hunting for a moose is legitimate, the keep is northern isn't it?)

James looked over to Rena confused before he then tilted his head, " What is it?" He then looked over before he saw the large bird. Looking back he then had been about to just reassure Rena that there were lots of birds hung around the keep. However he then noticed the wings before his eyes widened. " That's the new girl. I recognize the wings."

She struts towards them, her vibrant green eyes wide, she tries to speak to them but it comes out as different chirps and shrieks. Ruffling her feathers she arches her head and flaps her mighty wings before looking around, unsure how to return to her normal form. Looking down at her feathers she notices white and grey feathers that are in the shapes of her tattoos. She hears flapping of wings and looks to the guy who is near the keep. She spreads her wings wide and shrieks loudly.

(A lovely post, Marcus. Moose are quite fine, since they do, indeed live quite north.)

Rena's sharp eyebrows seemed to become one as she scowled, giving her an eagle-like appearance.

"Chessayia? But... Tämä on nyt ihan mahdotonta!" (This is totally impossible!) She muttered, but didn't continue further. The big bird, who seemed to be Chessayia, screeched.

"How in the bloody h3ll are we going to turn her back into a human?" Rena huffed, asking really nobody. But then she saw someone land - a Hunter, by judging his flying style. Rena looked closer. It was Connor! He had been gone for a few weeks - and seemed to be a little bit hurt.

"Oi, Connor! Long time no see. You got here just at the right time for a party." Rena smirked a little, pointing towards the huge bird and then looked at Connor's wound.

"Do you want me to check it out now, or can you hang for a minute?"

Looking around frantically she leaps into the air and starts to circle the keep, for some reason this feels natural to her. Her sharp vision spots out every single detail of the forest and keep below. Feeling the same tugging at her gut she quickly lands and screams in a bird like human way. Arching her back she feels a sharp pain in her gut, but its not her changing again. Her wing just got cramped.... 'Goodie....Im stuck like this...' she sighs mentally.

James just sighed as he looked to the bird before running a hand through his hair, " I don't know how it happened or how we're going to explain this to Nate." With that he then shook his head once more as he watched the girl fly off for a bit. Shaking his head once more he then looked to Connor, " Take down another moose?" With that he then smiled gently to him before he then spoke, " Lucky for you I already replenished our stock of medical supplies."

Connors eyes moved between James and Rena, he didn't like James, he always seemed too nice. "Yeah got loads of mooses, mooses?" Connor paused. "Meece? Whats the plural? Anyway yeah killed plenty, then after getting mauled by a mountain lion... again, I realised that there was no way I could bring them home without help". Connor turned back towards the giant bird, "Hmm thanks for the warm welcome, didn't know it was time for migrating, or that there were bird that big". Connor gazed up at the large bird, wondering who it was and how they could appear like a bird. He then turned and smiled politely at Rena, "No I'm fine for now, as long as I don't have to be the one to bring, them" he indicated the bird, "in. Also how long have you been a healer?" Connor stopped, he'd been talking to much. Subconsciously rubbing his arm he looked back up at the bird.

James sighed as he then looked to him once more, " I can help you go get them after your looked at." He then sighed as he looked to the bird as he spoke, " She is one of the new Winged that came in earlier." With that he then looked over to Rena, " She has been a pretty good healer for the last little while. I can go look for the moose you killed while you get looked at."

Tilting her head she takes off back to the group, flapping her wings hard before landing infront of them, a ripping pain going across her body as her features slowly become human again. She curls up in the fetal position as she whimpers, but is fully clothed somehow. She looks at the boy, her wrists dripping blood and her shirt sticking to her back with blood.

Turning when he noticed she was back he winced as he saw the blood. Lifting her up he then carried her into the house where all the medical supplies were at. Setting her on the exam bed he then moved to gather what he would need to bandage her wounds.

Passing out after loosing lots of blood without knowing she breathes one word "Feathers...." She goes unconscious and drifts in the black world of weirdness. Her wide wings spread slightly, smelling of sweat and of leaves.

Hearing the word she breathed out he frowned in confusion before he moved her wings to the side. Looking for any reason as to why she was bleeding so heavily.

The huge gash between her wings had been torn open more as she had shifted the times. The gashes surrounding her wrists had gone deeper, closer to the bone. She finds her subconscious prodding itself trying to find out how and why she turned into a bird.

Seeing the area where it was bleeding he nodded his head before he then began to bandage the gashes on her wrists quickly. He then moved and began to move to the one between her wings. He then tilted his head as he continued to work on that gash.

'Feathers...' She jolts awake her wings widening more and she leaps up, scared, and ready to fight. Her eyes widen and become more birdish in look. They glow with a strange green look as she calms when seeing james. She goes and sits on the exam bed, tattoo's showing on her back and sides. "Sorry I reacted like that..." Blushes.

James just looked to her carefully as she leapt up before he then shook his head once more. He then moved as he then set a hand on her shoulder gently as he went back to work on cleaning her back and bandaging it.

" It's okay. You don't know me that well and so your skittish around me. It's okay." With that he then went back to work making sure her injuries were all taken care of.

"Its not that..." Taking a deep breath she looks at James. "I was a mental hospital by the time I was ...I....I....I don't trust people much anymore...." She blinks and wipes away a stray tear. "When I sprouted my wings I was chained down by my arms and legs. My wings were poked and prodded..." She brushes her shirt up from a barcode tattoo. "This is the tattoo they gave me to see if I was ever lost that if it were scanned it would show my exact location.

Hearing that he then sighed softly before he then rubbed her lower back to comfort her. He then spoke, " I am sorry for what happened to you. I keep forgetting that not everyone one was as lucky as I was." With that he then looked down to her once more. He then sighed as he looked to her back before he finished bandaging her back. Seeing the barcode tattoo he then spoke, " Well your safe here from now on."

"Thanks...I think Nate saw the worst of it... His Dad was a winged and was helping him escape...But....They were shot at and Nate's Dad took all the shots....Getting killed. And he told me to take care of Nate... So I guess that makes Nate my son." She looks at James and lightly hugs him "Thanks...."

James looked to her before he then sighed gently, " Well if either of you need me I'm in the house with the green door." He then hugged her gently before he looked down at her once more, " You'll be great at taking care of him."

She blinks and snorts softly before hopping from the table in search of Nate... And Maybe Rena and that surprisingly cute boy..... Had she heard his name? No Guess not cause if she had heard it she can't remember.

James just chuckled before he then spoke, "The Great Hall is where we all eat dinner. It is a way for all of us to get to know what we're doing. It's the big building in the center." With that he then looked to her once more before he then turned to clean up his mess.

Nodding she exits and flies to the the Great Hall, spotting Nate with her much sharper vision she lands and walks hand in hand with him. "Heya Buddy! Hungry? Cause I know I am." Actually, she was starved but wasn't going to admit it. "YEAH! LETS GO!" Nate cheers and races ahead, following him closely Chessay smiles in relief.

Rena saw James taking Chessayia to heal her. She sighed mentally - Chessayia looked really bad. But then she smiled without any humor.

"How did that just happen?" she sighed, but then turned to Connor.

"Okay, looks like the danger is over, let's get you patched up. I've been a healer for a good while, two years? But it's no wonder, if you haven't seen me around that much - I'm usually teaching or getting herbs, since I am one of the youngest Flyers." she explained to Connor as she took him to the medical house, though in another room than James and Chessayia were. Rena made Connor sit down, before she started examine the wound.

"Ouch! A mountain lion?" she asked, as she turned around to the shelves full of herbs and some human medicine. Rena started carefully applying some herbs, that stopped infection. Then she took others, that renewed the muscles and the skin. Finally, Rena out a bandage around the wound.

"Do you need any painkillers? Because James just got a ton of human medicine from his brother, so we can use it."