pudding

Sweet and Pudding 1x1

Jane looked up when Darcy returned. "The doctor has not arrived yet," she said. "I brought ice packs out to try and keep him cold but... he hasn't woken up yet." she frowned as she adjusted the ice pack on his forehead. "Did you find his brother?"

Heimdall was silent and unmoving as Thor approached the Bifrost. He stared at the thunder god that approached then frowned. "Hello Thor," he said, not moving aside from his mouth. "And why are you here today?"

"You know why I am here, Heimdall. I do not believe my brother intended to betray our kingdom, and he desperately needs help. Let me pass," Thor said, but there was a pleading note to his voice.

Darcy shook her head, holding Loki's hand automatically. "No, but that.. that doesn't mean anything, right? He could be on his way," she said nervously.

Heimdall did not move but instead continued to stare at Thor. "I promised your father that I would not allow Loki to return. However, I do not see why you cannot take a trip to Midgard. Just remember that if you return threatens Asgard or Odin instructs me not to open the gate for you, you will be stuck there." He moved aside and motioned for Thor to enter the Bifrost.

Loki groaned and shifted slightly on the couch. "I'll be right back," she said as she quickly stood up and went to the freezer to grab new ice packs. She returned and placed them where the old ones have been before taking the old ones to the freezer. "I hope he comes. The doctor said he couldn't come until later and he kept moving around so much that I couldn't get him to the car."

Thor nodded with a relieved smile. "Thank you, Hemidall," he said quickly as he moved past, heading into the Bifrost. He might not know how to fix what was wrong with Loki, but he needed to be there for him. His little brother was sick, so why was he the only one that cared? He didn't want to think about what that meant about his father right now.

Darcy watched Loki, nibbling her lip nervously. "He'll.. Hell come. He has to. It's his brother, right?" She muttered, mostly to herself. She felt responsible for the illness- why was he sick, anyway? Maybe her theory about it being too hot had something to do with it. Maybe she'd take him outside at night when it was freezing.

"I will do my best to send you as close to Loki 's current location as possible. He is inside a building where humans live. Try not to make too much of a commotion." He walked to the center of the orb and stared up the Bifrost. The ball began to spin before the Bifrost was opened, the other end leading to Midgard. "I'll be watching."

"I hope so," Jane agreed as she stared down at the unconscious form on the couch. "How far away does his brother live?" Jane asked. "I mean, did you call his cell or something?"

Thor nodded, closing his eyes as he was whisked away and off of Asgard. It was always a novel sensation, but he ignored it for now. Soon his feet were on solid ground again, and he looked about, frowning at the sight of a small town. Loki was here? He began striding towards the small buildings, Mjolnir gripped tightly.

"Uh, you could say that, yeah, he lives far," Darcy muttered, not explaining that he was supposedly the god of thunder. If he came.. Jane would see for herself. She opened her mouth again when there was pounding on the door.

Jane sighed and shook her head. "He probably won't be here soon, then," she said, only to lift her head and turn when she heard knocking at the door. She looked at Darcy as if to say she wasn't the only one up at an ungodly hour before she stood and answered the door. "Hello?" she asked. The doctor said he wouldn't be in for a while so who was it?

Thor looked down at the woman, but was not particularly interested in her at the moment. "Step aside, mortal," he said in a thunderous tone, removing his helmet and tossing it to the side as he strode towards his brother. Darcy just gaped because wow, holy beef cake. He seemed very disinterested in her as well as he placed a hand on Loki's shoulder. "Brother, I am here," he murmured, which was strange considering Thor was seldom quiet. Darcy edged away and back towards Jane, clearing her throat. "So um, that's his brother, Thor."

Jane considered protesting but he was already by Loki, calling the strange man brother. Darcy's words confirmed what he said. Being drop dead gorgeous must run in the family, then. But Loki and Thor hardly looked like brothers. In fact, they were total opposites. "We don't know what's wrong with him," Jane said as she approached Thor. "We were thinking you could help."

"Th-Thor?" A weak voice said from the couch. The mischief god's face was twisted up in pain as he weakly raised a hand to his head. His head still hurt so much. Was he ill? When had he fallen asleep?

"I am here, brother," Thor said, voice pained as he took Loki's hand. "The mortal girl called to me. I had to see you. What ails you so?" He asked, completely ignoring Jane and Darcy. He could care less about them, though the tanned woman was attractive. Darcy bit her lip, watching the two interact. She hoped he could help.

There was a long pause before Loki replied. Thor was on Midgard? But he was banished and a Frost Giant. After everything that had been done, why did Thor still care about him? "I just feel cold. I can't stop shaking."

"Which is hilarious considering you feel like you're burning up. Your temperature is probably over 100." Jane crossed her arms as she motioned to the ice packs. "I've been trying to lower his temperature but it hasn't worked. Darcy thought you might be able to help. Are you a doctor?"

Thor narrowed his eyes at Jane as she commented that his sickness was amusing, but didn't pursue it. "I am not a doctor, I am his brother," Thor repeated as though she were stupid, feeling Loki's forehead. "Brother, perhaps if you let go of your illusion.."

Let go of his illusion? Loki shifted away from his brother's touch, a stubborn frown forming on his face. "I don't want to," he replied. Letting Darcy and humans see him as a Jotun was different. Thor... He didn't want Thor to see him like that ever again. "Do not make me. Not in front of you."

Thor frowned, gaze becoming clouded. "Brother, I hate to see you this way. Do not let pride do this to you.." he trailed off, lowering his head. "I will leave, if you will then change when I am gone. I wish to see you well, Loki."

And now his brother looked like a kicked puppy. Loki knew the look well for he often used it to his own advantage to get what he wanted. Now he understood why it was such an effective method. Guilt welled up inside him as he quickly turned back over to face his brother. "Wait," he said, gesturing to Thor to stay. "I-I will do it." He closed his eyes and a shudder passed through his body as the bit of magic keeping his true form was released.

There was obviously something wrong with him that became even more apparent when the illusion was dropped. While he was normally blue, his face had a reddish tint to it and his entire body lacked the biting chill it usually had. In fact, his skin felt unnaturally hot and dry for a Frost Giant. But, despite his unnaturally temperature, he was not sweating at all. He closed his eyes and pulled his knees closer to his chest. "This does not feel any better," he remarked as Jane stood off on the sidelines, completely speechless.

Thor put a brave hand on his brother's arm. "We will get to the bottom of this, I swear. Your appearance does not trouble me Loki, for I am still your brother," he assured him, then finally turned his gaze on the two women who were more or less gaping at them. "Have you Midgardian healers?" He demanded.

Jane realized her mouth was wide open and quickly shut it before approaching the man. Alright, so they were aliens. "There is a doctor but he said he couldn't get here until later. Aside from that there's a hospital but I'm not sure if they could treat him." She frowned then turned to Darcy. "Do you know anyone that would be alright treating an alien? Someone that wouldn't bring him a large amount of popularity either by talking about him. We don't need him getting a bunch of people visiting him while he's ill. Especially not the government since they'd probably just lock him up and prod him with needles."

"The government already talked to him," Darcy replied slowly, glancing at Loki. "They just asked him a bunch of questions. I don't know anybody, but maybe Erik does..?" She suggested, wary of Thor's burning gaze. "Contact this Erik then. My brother must be treated," he boomed.

Loki reached out and tugged weakly on Thor's cape as he yelled. "Too loud," he mumbled as Jane quickly took out her phone and called Erik. She spoke with him briefly before hanging up with a sigh.

"He knew someone but they ran afoul of some agency called SHIELD and hasn't been seen since," she said.

"SHIELD... Isn't that what the son of Col.... said he was with?" Loki said from the couch. He was shivering quite a bit but didn't seem to want to let go of Thor's cape. He was gripping it as tightly as he could, despite his shaking and overall weakness.

Thor looked down at his brother, anxiety in his gaze, and you could tell he was afraid when he lowered his voice. "Great, now what?" Darcy muttered, rubbing her neck. Loki's question gave her an idea, though. "Yeah, that's where Coulson's from. Maybe they can help you," she suggested, wondering privately if they were safe to go to.

Loki gripped Thor's cape tighter and tried to pull him closer. "Cold," he whispered. Now that Thor was here, he didn't want him to leave.

"Well, we don't have any better ideas," Jane said. "And if he already spoke to them, it should be fine. Besides, his big brother is here. So can you call them or get in touch with them? It could work."

Thor knelt and wrapped an arm around Loki, trying to warm him up since that's what he seemed to want. "I'll go call," Darcy said quickly, hurrying into the next room and dialing SHIELD. While she was gone, Thor looked again at the mortal woman. "What is your name?" He asked.

"It's Jane," she replied as she watched Thor wrap an arm around Loki. The god of mischief shifted closer to Thor, using his red cape like a blanket. "So you two are aliens? Can you turn blue and grow horns as well?"

Thor frowned, disliking the way she so bluntly asked questions. "Aliens? I suppose, but no, I am not the same as him. It is a personal matter," he said quite pointedly. He didn't mean to be rude, but she was being rather insensitive. "I am Thor, of Asgard," he reluctantly introduced as Darcy came back. "They'll be here soon," she announced.

Jane nodded but she really didn't understand. They were brothers, right? Maybe one of them was adopted. Probably Loki since he was the one turning blue. "That's good," she said when Darcy returned. "Does anyone want breakfast? It's a bit early but it will probably keep us occupied until they come. How soon should that be anyway?"