pudding

Sweet and Pudding 1x1

Coulson took a step back, then shooed everyone else from the room. This was having a very negative effect, it seemed, but there was nothing to be done. The agent was forced to flee the room, where one of the other agents was restraining Darcy. "We have to help him!" She shrieked, struggling and trying to get free.

Loki stared down at the cube in his hands as it began misbehaving, releasing bits of magic and radiation. "Shh," he mumbled as he held the cube closer. He pulled his knees close to his chest as he leaned against the wall. The pain in his head intensified as he tried to calm down the tesseract. "It's alright," he whispered as he stroked the top of the cube. It continued to misbehave, filling the room with strange, blue light.

"This thing is in danger of exploding, everyone move," Agent Coulson commanded, bringing up the rear as people evacuated the hallway. Darcy was still screaming and kicking, trying to get out and go to Loki. He needed her! Why couldn't they understand that?

A ripple of blue light flew out from the tesseract, causing the entire helicarrier to shake. And then, it was calm. It still pulsed gently with blue light but it was no longer being unruly. A small smile appeared on Loki's face as he stared down at the tesseract. "Good girl," he whispered. Now... a barrier would do, yes? He focused on manipulating the tesseract like it was his own magic and quickly created a shoddy barrier around his head. Quickly, the pain in his head faded away and he leaned back with a relieved sigh.

Darcy quieted as they all staggered, everyone sort of looking at one another in the quiet that followed. The agent holding her back was distracted enough that she could squirm free and escape, running back down the hall and ignoring the shouts after her. Coulson gave the agent I Am Displeased look #5, then walked in her wake, more slowly than she had. Darcy pulled the door open, shivering at the temperature but ignoring it. "Lokes?"

Loki's eyes opened when he heard someone call out to him.... sort of. He looked at her, his grip tightening on the cube in his hands. For a moment, his face was blank as he stared at her then he smiled. "Oh," he said, tilting his head slightly to the side as he smiled pleasantly. "Hello. What is your name again?"

Darcy's face crumpled. What? He didn't remember her? But.. What about all she'd done for him? "It's Darcy.. y'know, I took you on roller coasters?" She tried, failing to mask her disappointment. She'd thought.. well, she'd thought wrong.

Loki frowned as he pondered over this before shrugging. "Can't say I remember that. Actually, I don't remember much of anything. This Lokes fellow... is that me?" He ran a hand through his hair, keeping the other one on the tesseract. "What happened?"

Darcy's eyes widened, the hurt replaced with surprise. He had lost his memory? "Your name is Loki, you're a Jotun and a god I think and you sort of just had a heatstroke. Are you okay?" She asked, coming closer.

Loki's hand quickly went back to the cube he was holding and he tightened his grip on it as she approached. "Heatstroke?" he asked, frowning. "That sounds serious. I'm afraid I don't know what that is, though. Am I alright? I don't know..." he looked around at the strange machines making noises around him. "Where am I right now? What are all of these beeping things doing?"

Edited by pudding

Darcy slowly sat on the bed beside him, reeling with the fact that Loki couldn't remember a thing. "I think you're okay.. If your head doesn't hurt anymore, you should be okay. The machines are monitoring your heart rate and pulse, if you freak out they're just gonna beep faster," she told him, resisting the urge to take his hand. He didn't know her. "You're on Midgard, on a flying ship."

Loki nodded slowly, flipping the tesseract over in his hands. Everything else in his brain was completely blank except the cube. He knew he couldn't let go of it. "Alright," he said softly with a small nod of his head. "What is a Midgard? And is it just us here or are there other people on this ship?" he paused then something dawned on him as he quickly turned to face Darcy again. "We aren't married, are we?"

"Midgard is a place- well, your kind call it Midgard, but we call it Earth," Darcy explained, shivering again and wrapping her arms around herself. "There are more people outside, can we please go out there? I'm so cold-" she was cut off by his question, which made her cheeks turn a brilliant shade of red. "No, no nothing like that, you showed up on earth after your dad cast you out, and I've been helping you."

His kind. So he was from a different planet? It seemed to be the case. "Alright," he said with a nod. "That's good. I mean, I would have felt awful if we were married and I couldn't remember anything." He stood up even though he hadn't felt cold in the slightest and started towards the door before he stopped and turned back to Darcy, the cube still tightly held in his hands. "Are you sure we aren't friends from a long way back? Because I feel like I remember you. It's very strane."

Darcy stood quickly, eager to be out of the cold, and shook her head. "No, I just met you yesterday. Accidentally hit you with my car, actually. But I've been helping you relax and y'know, forget about your stupid dad," she said, hurrying out of the room and sighing in relief as she reached warmth. "He doesn't remember anything," she informed the group before Loki was even out the door.

Car? Oh, he knew what a car was. Strange, his knowledge seemed randomized. Like he just knew what random things were despite not being able to recall being told about them. He followed her out of the room then stopped short when he saw just how many people were out there. He paused then quickly retreated backwards into the cold room again and ducked behind one of the beeping machines, holding the tesseract close to his chest.

There was a cry of 'Brother!' and before anyone could stop him, Thor barreled in and swept Loki into a fierce embrace. "I am so pleased that you are alright! I was worried, Loki," he declared as he hugged him, probably tighter than what was comfortable, though he was unaware of it. Coulson waved the extra agents off, so that it was just him and the two girls. "They're setting the temperature back to normal, it'll be safe to go in after a few minutes," he informed them.

Loki went stiff when he was suddenly and forcefully embraced. His legs were swept off the ground as he found himself trapped against a chest and two arms holding him there. "Ow," he whispered as he held the tesseract closer to his chest and closed his eyes. "Too tight. Too tight." The tesseract began glowing in his grip slightly.

Thor set him down, looking for all the world like Christmas had come early. "Apologies, I was just so happy to see that you are well," he said, a bright smile on his face. The warm was heating up to its normal temperature, so that the others could enter as well. "Loki, the Tesseract has healed you, but how did it end up here?" He questioned.

Loki stumbled backwards when he was finally released from the tight grip of the blond man. Well, someone was happy to see him. "Tesseract?" he mumbled as he stared down at the cube he was holding then hugged it closer to his chest. He quickly turned his body away from the man that had called him brother, growing defensive of the cube and unnaturally shy at the same time. "Mine," he said quickly as he retreated backwards, ducking behind a machine. "It's mine. I don't know where it came from or why I can remember it but its mine."

Thor frowned, brow creasing in concern. "Brother, I was not going to take it from you. Why are you so defensive?" He asked in suspicion. The Tesseract was a power source, and it could've been affecting Loki's mind. Coulson looked equally concerned.

"Because its mine," Loki replied from the machine he was hiding behind. The cube glowed softly as he held it close to his chest. Wispy tendrils of blue light moved from the cube into his chest as Loki took a sharp breath. His red pupils clouded over before he shook his head and peered out from behind his cover to stare at Thor. "We are brothers?" he asked, pulling the cube even closer now.

Coulson narrowed his eyes slightly, but said nothing. He had a sinking suspicion about what the cube was doing to his mind. Thor grimaced, shuffling his feet. "Well.. not blood brothers, but we have been together since our childhood. We are brothers, even if you believe we are not," he replied quietly.

The gears turning in Loki's mind were practically visible as he tried to find a memory-any memory-of his brother. In the end, he settled for simply labeling Thor as his brother, just like Darcy was labeled friend. That left the other two. Awkwardly and shyly, he shuffled away from the beeping machine, only to duck behind Thor instead and peer out at the other two people present. "Darcy, Loki, Teaseract, Thor. Friend, myself, mine, brother. Who are you two? Brothers like Thor or Friends like Darcy?"

Coulson lifted his head evenly. "I'm Agent Coulson with SHIELD. I'm more of an acquaintance really," he answered, glancing at Jane. Darcy supplied, "That's Jane.. I don't really know if you guys like each other or not." She shrugged at this blunt statement. Thor looked worried about his brother, and touched his arm. "No one will hurt you, Loki."