pudding

Sweet and Pudding 1x1

Thor opened and closed his mouth, bowing his head in shame. Then he turned towards the agent in the doorway. "Bring blankets. Whatever you must do to warm the room, do so. If he wishes it, then he shall have it," he demanded. Coulson looked inclined to argue, but Thor narrowed his eyes, so he sent of a pair of agents to fill the request. "It's going to make it worse," he informed them, holdin up a hand to halt the agent that arrived with a dart gun.

Loki opened his mouth to ask how it was going to make him worse. He felt cold and just wanted to get warm! Instead, he lost all control over his legs and collapsed to the ground, holding his head. While he still had chills, his head had suddenly gone from a painful headache to feeling flat-out hot. Like someone had lit a fire inside his head. He pressed his hands against the sides of his head, trying to get the horrible agony to go away. Why was this happening?

Thor was at his side in an instant, putting an arm around him and shaking with helplessness. "Brother, please.. Tell me what you need," he begged. There were blankets being passed into his hands, which he wrapped around Loki, heart aching for his hurting brother. Darcy took a step, expression solemn, and decided to tell them her theory. "Maybe Odin did this," she said quietly; the thunderer had gone stiff.

Loki hardly noticed the change occurring around him. In fact, he hardly noticed much of anything. His eyes closed and his head rolled to one side as he fell unconscious yet again. Jane quickly stepped forward along with Darcy. She could explain the Odin theory. Her focus was going to be on Loki. "I know he said he didn't want it but if you want your brother to be alright, you should probably focus on keeping him cold. Why don't you just let the nice government doctors take care of him from here and you can talk with Darcy."

Thor worried his lower lip between his teeth, then reluctantly removed the blankets and lifted Loki up. "You are.. right. I will leave him in the care of your people, Son of Coul, and I expect you to treat him well," he sighed, gently lowering Loki into the water again. He was passed out, not asleep, so maybe he wouldn't wake up. One of the agents quickly injected him with a sedative anyway, doctors swarming to get him hooked up to machines. "There's a conference room just down the hall, if the three of you will follow me," Coulson interjected, walking out.

When he was watered into the water this time, Loki did not move nor wake up. Jane frowned then shook her head and followed Coulson out of the room. It was a theory that didn't have much grounding but still one that should be explored. Maybe they could get some insight from Thor as well. Honestly, she just hoped Loki was alright. That emotional breakdown was probably a result of getting ill. "What do you want to talk about?" she asked. "Darcy's theory or something else?"

"Her theory," Thor answered, his large frame sinking tiredly into a chair once they reached the room. He dropped his hammer on the table with an audible thud, slumping to one side dejectedly. "Why would my father do this? How? My brother no longer has his magic, any threats he might have made would have been in vain. He is powerless. I do not think the Allfather would curse him for idle words when he has no strength to prove them, and yet I no longer know what to expect anymore."

Jane sat down as well, claiming the seat nearest Thor. "Well what if he can get it back?" Jane asked, looking at Darcy. "You've been with him the longest. Is there anything he mentioned that would make him a threat to Thor's father?"

Darcy leaned against the table with her arms crossed, lips pursed in thought. "Not really. He just said he wouldn't let the guy destroy the kingdom, and then he collapsed," she answered, watching Thor flinch and lower his head. "I fear this may be my fault as well. I am not as intelligent as my brother, I admit, and I believe he thinks me incapable of ruling. Perhaps he is right, though I would not wish this on him in return."

Jane looked at Thor then reached over and patted his arm comfortingly. "Well," she said, looking at the others. "Either there is something Odin knows that we don't... or he's just a jerk. Either one seems plausible but I haven't heard the full story."

Thor lifted his head to look at her, a spark of defiance in his eyes. "My father's ways are often mysterious to all but him, I would not put it past him," he said slowly, eyes narrowing as he grabbed his hammer and stood up. "I shall confront him," he growled, the air tensing around them with energy. Outside, thunder clouds were rolling in. "How do I get outside? I must call to Heimdall," he asked as he walked out, striding towards the deck.

Jane watched as the thunder god stood up then climbed to her feet herself. "Wait!" she said, following him out the door. "What about your brother? Are you just going to leave him here with no warning? Considering he just passed out after yelling at you... well, he might at least want a note."

Thor paused, turning to look over his shoulder. Then he slowly unhooked his cape and thrust it into Darcy's hands. "He is close to you, give him this and tell him I have gone to try and fix this," he said, then turned to Jane. He took her hand and kissed it, murmuring, "I will return to answer your questions, Jane Foster. Farewell." Then he turned back again and strode outside, gripping his hammer tightly as he called out to Heimdall.

Jane watched, speechless as he kissed her hand then flew off. She stared at where he had been briefly before turning to Darcy. "So...what should we do now?" she asked. Loki was probably unconscious and Thor as gone. They could go to Loki and wait for him to wake up but that could take a while.

Heimdall took little time opening the Bifrost and pulling Thor through. "Welcome back," he said with a small nod. "Do you feel satisfied from your trip?"

"You don't have any work to do? I mean, if you could figure out that bridge thing-y, then we could even go to their planet, and travel back and forth would be easier," Darcy pointed out. She wasnt the scientist here.

Thor looked at Heimdall tiredly. "You are all seeing, you know my feelings. Loki has been known for trickery, but not the kind of treachery he is being punished for. I must speak to Odin," he said with determination, walking towards the castle.

"I don't know enough about it," Jane replied. "I would need a lot more data to replicate the bridge. I don't know how they even power theirs! I guess I could keep working but without my equipment..."

Odin sat on his throne, face twisted into a scowl. He had seen Thor go to Midgard and was not pleased. He closed his eye and waited for Thor to show up, no doubt angry. But he did not understand. Obviously Loki was a bad influence on him anyway so he would not be permitted to go to Midgard again. Heimdall would have to be informed.

Darcy shook her head slowly. "I don't know what to do then. I just feel like we should do something," she sighed, feeling helpless. Loki could be dying for all they knew. Maybe she should go visit him..

Thor burst into the throne room, hammer gripped tightly. "Father! What have you done to Loki?" He demanded, glaring angrily up at Odin. There was no doubt in his mind that the Allfather was behind this. "He has done naught to us! He knew nothing of his heritage and yet you punish him for it, punish him for your secrets!"

"Thor," Odin said, his voice dangerously low. "Loki was responsible for bringing Jotnar into Asgard. Even Heimdall did not see them arrive. Heritage or not, he plotted against us and for that, he must be punished. He is not permitted to return to Asgard and you are not permitted to go to Midgard."

"I can try," she replied. "But I have yet to find any power source that could keep the gate open. And building it is a different matter entirely."

"What?!" Thor cried, electricity crackling along his arms and hammer as he grew angry. "The Jotnar are now dead, can you not forgive him? At least remove this horrible curse you have placed upon him, father I beg you!" He took a step forward, expression contorting in pain. "Please, allow me to return to him. You have cast him out and stripped him of everything.. I am the only thing he has left."

"I will not," Odin replied. "While Loki was once your brother, he is no longer. He is a threat to Asgard. It would be wise if you thought of him as such as well. He understands you too well, Thor. He egged you on to Jotunheim and plotted to have you punished for actions he was behind." He paused to breathe several times before looking at Thor again. "I will not stop until the threat has been erased. But I will grant you one day on Midgard to say goodbye. So go, return there. Just make sure you come back with all of your connections to that realm severed. Then you will return and become king."

Thor grit his teeth, defiance rearing its head. This wasn't right! "No," he growled, defying the Allfather's words. "What you say may be true, but Loki does not deserve this, even if he was trying to get me into trouble. Whatever his reasons may be, I forgive him, because he IS my brother. And if you will not permit me to see him again-" he tossed Mjolnir at Odin's feet, "then I, Thor Odinson, renounce all claim to the throne and all which entails being a prince of Asgard. I deny my rights and I deny my heritage." He pulled medals off his armor one by one, throwing them at the growing pile. Turning on his heel, he made to walk out, intending to have Heimdall send him out one last time. He was no longer a citizen of Asgard.

Odin watched Thor walk out of the throne room. The guards stationed at the door watched him leave then turned to Odin. The Allfather raised a hand, motioning for them to stay. "Let him go," he said. "He will see the truth eventually."

Heimdall looked up when Thor approached. "Naturally, I saw everything. You intend to go to Midgard again. Come, I will send you there."

Thor gave Heimdall a grateful look. "If this is truly where we part ways, then I must thank you for your loyalty and trust, Gatekeeper. Good bye, Heimdall," he said, bowing respectfully as he strode into the Bifrost. The wise man seemed like the only one on their side.

"Goodbye Thor," Heimdall replied before the Thunder god was transported back to Midgard where he had been pulled from. Heimdall was very, very accurate. Well, most of the time. "I hope to see you and Loki again soon," the gatekeeper mumbled after Thor was gone.

Thor hit the deck of the Hellicarrier hard, panting as he slowly rose to his feet. Being mortal.. Felt weak. And shameful. He bowed his head, silently mourning everything he had lost when he renounced his heritage and name. He was simply Thor. He still had his strength and skills, but it wasn't the same. Had he jumped into this too fast? He shook his head, trudging slowly inside.