pudding

Sweet and Pudding 1x1

Jane looked up when Thor reentered the area and quickly stood. He did not look that good. "Well?" she asked, staring at him. "How did it go? Did you talk to your dad?"

Thor lifted his head, blue eyes sad as they focused on Jane. "My father will not undo what he has done. In addition, he would have disallowed me to return, or speak with Loki again. For this reason I have renounced everything that I am, and become mortal," he answered quietly, shutting his eyes. Angry or not, Odin now lacked an heir to the throne.

"Oh my gosh, are you alright?" Jane immediately asked, stepping towards him. Did becoming mortal hurt? Loki was strange in that he was obviously not mortal and could still use the small amount of magic left to him. But completely mortal.... were there any side effects? "What are you going to do now?"

"I am fine, just weak," Thor sighed, lifting his gaze back to her. He appreciated her worry, but there was nothing to be done. "I will go to my brother, and stay with him. There is nothing else to be done." He trudged off, head hung sadly.

"Can't you fight back?" Jane blurted out as she quickly followed him. Both of the brothers seemed to have mastered the kicked puppy look and he just looked way too sad. "I mean, can't you try and do something that will stop your father from hurting Loki? There has to be something. There always is."

Thor furrowed his brow, then shook his head. "To attack my father would be treason. Then I too would be banished or worse, mayhap imprisoned. Loki needs me here, I could not abandon him. Besides, he is still my father. I thank you for your concern, but it is hopeless."

Edited by Sweet_Wyvern

"Abandon him?" Jane asked, a frown appearing on her face. "Thor, he's going to die like this. The doctors said he had heatstroke, right? Well, it's not getting better. At this rate, he'll get brain damage and.... well, there won't be a brother for you to not abandon." She looked back at Darcy and Agent Coulson before turning to Thor again. "Does anybody here have any ideas? I mean anything at all."

Thor's eyes widened in alarm. "What?! I must see him!" He demanded, barreling through the door and storming off to where he had last seen him. That hadn't been the right thing to say. "Could the people of his home planet or whatever heal him?" Darcy asked, rubbing her neck.

Jane watched Thor sprint away then turned to Darcy. Weren't they the ones who had banished him in the first place? Oh, maybe there was another planet. That seemed obvious now since Thor and Loki were different species and all. "Maybe. Do we have to yell at the sky like with Thor? Or is there a different way to get in touch with them?"

It was hard to think. It was a challenge to move. Even just opening his eyes felt difficult. So he didn't. He laid back on the bed he was resting in, the air crisp and chill. Nearly everything had changed since he had suddenly fallen asleep. The only thing that remained was the searing pain in his head. Even without opening his eyes, though, he could tell things were different. He was not laying down in an ice bath but rather the room had been chilled. The clothing Darcy had leant him had changed as well and he could tell he was back in that uncomfortable dress-like thing he had been wearing at the hospital. He was connected to several machines that were beeping and whirring nearby. Occasionally, footsteps accompanied the whirring and beeping noises but they were always quick to leave the cold room. Freezing, actually. But he no longer felt cold. He felt like he was burning up instead.

It was a struggle but Loki managed to open his eyes and turn his head so he could look at the room around him. It was filled with strange Midgadian machines and was very, very cold. There was a single door nearby and a large, glass window were a group of doctors were whispering to each other. Darcy and Thor were no where in sight. Ah... perhaps he had scared them off. He did recall getting angry and yelling but the memories were blurry. Plus, it was hard to think with the constant pain in his head. It was for the better anyway.

"Heck if I know! I don't the Frost Giant people have that stuff that the Asgardians or whatever do. There's no one to yell to," Darcy said nervously. She had no idea what to do or how to help.

Thor strode towards the doctors, growling at them to let him in. He then forced his way past them and into the freezing room, shivering but ignoring the biting cold. Loki, he had to get to Loki. "B-brother.."

Loki shifted his head slightly, confusion filling his features when none other than Thor entered the room. Why was he still here? He thought Thor would have gone to Asgard but apparently that was not the case. And where was his hammer? And his medals? "Thor," Loki whispered, struggling to speak. He had so much he wanted to ask and say but his mouth would not move to form the sounds. He reached out a hand, trying to grab his brother and guide him closer to the bed.

"We need to talk to Thor or Loki but neither of them seem like they'll answer are questions. Are you sure there is nothing Loki said that might help him? Maybe something like Thor's hammer?"

Thor came over quickly and dropped to his knees beside him, trying not to let on how freezing cold he was. It was too much for a mortal body, enough that he'd probably 'fall asleep' as people do in the cold and do not wake. He just didn't know it. "Brother, I am here. I will not leave you again," he promised.

"Well, if there are any magical or Asgardian artifacts on Earth, he said he might be able to get his magic back from it. Then he could heal himself maybe?" Darcy suggested with a small frown. "The agent people are looking in museums I think."

Loki raised a hand and wrapped his fingers around Thor's. But what of Asgard? If Thor did not leave him, Asgard would not have a new ruler. He stared at Thor then closed his eyes and squeezed his brother's hand. He cared for Asgard but at the same time... "Stay here," he said with a nod. "Please."

"That sounds like our best idea so far," Jane said with a nod. "We should run it by Thor. Maybe he could offer some insight on it."

"I am here, brother," Thor promised, privately dismaying as he found Loki's fingers to be even colder than the air. By the nine it was cold! But, he could not leave him. He had promised. "We will find a way to help you."

Darcy nodded, glancing at Coulson for some kind of input. "We're working on it," was his only response, which she strong suspected meant they had absolutely nothing.

Loki did not reply immediately. Instead, he rested back on the pillow as his face contorted with pain. "Head," he finally said, releasing Thor's head to cradle his head. "Hurts. Too hot."

"Do you even know what you are looking for?" Jane asked as she stared at the agent. "I mean, its not like we're going to find some glow- y, magical cube that he can use like a battery."

((I feel really, really dumb right now..))

Thor felt a twinge of pain in his chest, wishing he could make Loki feel better. "Try and rest, brother.." He murmured, finding it hard to keep his eyes open. It was starting to feel less cold, but now he was tired- perhaps the mortal body needed sleep.

Coulson raised an eyebrow at Jane, wondering if she had been snooping through classified information or if that had been a total coincidence. They had been reluctant to let Loki into contact with the Tesseract, but he needed it badly. "Actually, there is one. Up until now, we weren't sure if it was stable," he interjected.

"You're kidding," Jane said as she stared at Coulson. She sighed then raised a hand to her head and shook her head. "Is this ship like Batman's utility belt? Because I literally just made that up and you happened to have it." She shook her head then motioned with her hands. "Well we might as well try it! Go get it and bring it to Thor."

((Aww, don't feel like that. You're smart!))

Edited by pudding

Coulson smirked at her, silently amused. "This has been around for a long time, you just happened to mention it," he said, beckoning for them to follow as he walked down the hall. "I'm not sure how it will affect him, but were running out of options."

Jane quickly followed him down the hallway, moving quickly to keep up with him. "Does this thing have a name or should we just call it magical, glow-y battery? Because that's a bit of a mouthful."

"It's called the Tesseract," Coulson answered, leading them into a dark room where he was presented with a briefcase. "It's an energy source, we were planning on having you consult with as. Your friend Dr. Selvig as well," he explained, opening it briefly so the two girls could get a look. "That's awesome," Darcy muttered, looking suspiciously like she wanted to touch it. He shut the case. "We need to get it to Loki first, however."

Jane stared at the glowing cube. It really was a glowing, magic battery. She blinked a few times when the case was closed then nodded. "Right, get it to Loki," she agreed as she glanced at Darcy before turning back to Coulson. "Where did they move him again? You should probably lead the way."

Coulson led the way, stopping in front of the room he had been placed in. "How is he?" He asked the doctors, expecting a full diagnosis. Darcy glanced inside through the little window, making out the form of Thor crouched next to the bed with his head resting on the bunk, and then Loki on top of it.

The doctors glanced up at agent Coulson and shook their heads, almost in unison. One stepped forward and looked over a clipboard he was holding. "The cold doesn't seem to be making a difference in his condition. He has gone from thinking he is cold to actually registering what temperature he is. It is hard to tell but it looks like he has suffered some damage to the thalamus part of his brain. So far, we have no real way of helping him, although being in the cold does seem to give him some comfort. It would be wise to remove his brother, though, since he might get hypothermia."

Coulson nodded and beckoned two burly agents forward. "Get Thor out, its for his own good. You two," he turned to Jane and Darcy, "stay here." The two afore mentioned agents entered with him and pulled Thor away, who was struggling weakly in their grip. "N-no! Unhand m-me," he growled, shivering as he was pulled from the room. His lips and fingers were blue- it was probably good they had gotten him out. Coulson entered and opened the case, approaching Loki. "We're going to need you to touch this, sir. We think it might be your only shot."

Loki struggled to sit up when Thor was pulled from the room and Agent Coulson entered instead. He didn't want to talk right now, he wanted his brother! He started to protest when his eyes moved to the open case Coulson was holding. Wait, that was the tesseract. It had gone missing so many years ago. Why was it here? No, no. That wasn't important. Weakly, Loki reached out and placed a hand upon the cube. His grip tightened on it as a shudder passed through his body and he hunched over, holding his head. The curse or whatever it was happening... it was intensifying. He grimaced then quickly pulled the cube out of the suitcase and held it close to his chest, refusing to let go of it. The machinery he was hooked up to beeped louder, signaling that his heart rate was growing more and more erratic and unstable.