pudding

Sweet and Pudding 1x1

Loki went stiff when he was hugged then slowly raised his arms and hugged her back. He rested his head on her shoulder and closed his eyes. It was hard keeping everything under control. Sometimes, he just needed to yell or cry. He was usually good about hiding it and always seeming like he was in control but he really wasn't. Not now. "Thanks," he whispered as he hugged her back.

Darcy just smiled, her hunch being proven right as he leaned his head on her shoulder. "You're welcome," she said softly, rubbing his back. They stood like that for a few minutes, the pale woman just letting him get it all out of his system before she slowly let go. "Do you want to go lie down now?" She asked.

Loki briefly appeared disappointed when Darcy stopped hugging him but quickly let go anyway. "Actually," he said, thinking things over briefly. "Do you have a large, open area away from people where I could go? I need to try and get some answers but I do not want to appear crazy. People that yell at the sky usually are assumed to be not well, correct?"

"Yeahhh, you'd get dragged off to the nut house for that. We can drive into the desert a little bit, there'll be no one around," Darcy suggested, waving for him to follow as she stepped out.

(Wanna timeskip the drive?)

((Sure.))

By now, Loki thought himself to be used to cars. He did not freak out or have to grip Darcy's hand as they drove and he even managed to open the door and exit himself. He climbed out of the truck and closed the door before he walked several feet away from it and turned his head to the sky. "Father!" He yelled as he stared up at the sky. He knew he was not Odin's son now but he was not sure what else to call him, really. The whole identity crisis was making him confused. "I know you can hear me so please answer!" The heavens were silent but Loki continued anyway after a few seconds of pause. "I'm not asking for you to end my banishment. I just want to know why you've hidden the truth from me all these years." His eyes searched the sky before his face completely broke apart in emotion. He looked down at his feet briefly before jerking his head back up to stare at the sky. "Why didn't you tell me?" He roared then lowered his head into his hands. The sky was still completely silent.

((Every time I see that scene in Thor where Thor tells up at the sky, I just imagine Odin sitting on his throne and going "You little censorkip.gif, go learn a life lesson!"))

((Heh))

Darcy got out of the car slowly, watching Loki scream at the sky. She felt bad, but this was what he needed to do, so she didn't say anything. She sort of wished the man would answer, if only to make Loki happy or get rid of some of his bad emotions. Odin sounded like a terrible dude.

Loki fell silent when the sky did not answer. He wiped at his eyes then took a shaky breath of air. After a moment, his shoulders began to shake and he chuckled softly. "Oh," he said, a smile appearing on his face despite the tears in his eyes. "But what else could I expect from you? I don't know how I came into your possession but it would have been better if you had just slain me like all the Jotnar you killed in the war. You should have just left me in whatever hole you found me in. Because I will not allow you and Thor's foolish actions to plunge all of the nine realms into war!"

The sky rumbled in response, causing Loki to take a step back. He looked about then stared at Darcy. His eyes grew wide as a voice whispered in his ears and the skies quickly cleared. Loki looked as if he had just been hit by Darcy's truck. Again. He stumbled over to Darcy then moved past her. He sank to the ground by her truck and covered his ears, obviously disturbed by whatever he had heard.

Darcy looked at the sky, then down at Loki, eyes widening as he fell to his knees. She dropped into a crouch, hesitating with a hand near his shoulder. "Loki.. Loki, what's wrong?" She asked, unable to stop herself. This looked bad.

Loki stared at the ground, his entire body shaking. He took a deep breath then removed his hands from his ears and looked away. He shifted away from Darcy and her outstretched hand, instead pressing himself up against the truck. "Don't touch," he whispered as his concentration completely broke and he was reduced to a trembling, blue mess. "I don't want to hurt you. Please... just don't touch me."

Darcy's frown deepened, but she retracted her hand and folded it in her lap with the other. "I.. Loki, its alright. I'm here for you," she murmured, not having anything else to say. She wanted to hug him, but didn't want to make him distressed.

Loki leaned against the truck as the tears that had been rolling down his face froze and dropped to the ground in tiny, clear balls. He crossed his arms over his chest and hunched over, taking deep breaths to try and calm himself. "I just... I can't... please don't touch me. I don't want you to get hurt. Just give me a minute."

Nodding slowly, Darcy sat back and kept her hands to herself. "Take all the time you need," she said softly, watching him. What had happened? She got the feeling his dad or whatever had said something, and Loki didn't like it. "You suck the big one, dude!" She shouted at the sky, and flipped it the bird.

Loki looked up when Darcy yelled at the sky. Even with everything bad that had happened, her antics managed to produce a small smile from him and a soft laugh. He shook his head then lowered his head so it was resting on his knees. "Is there somewhere cold where I can go?" he asked after a moment. It was very warm in the middle of the desert.

"Um.." Darcy trailed off, not sure what to tell him. This was a small town, there was nothing really around there. "I could make you an ice bath, but otherwise I don't know. There's not much here," she admitted, feeling bad.

"That's alright," Loki replied with a small shake of his head. "I was just curious," he added as he slowly stood up. He looked at the truck then turned to Darcy. "Can I lay down in the back? I just feel a bit weary. Everything that transpired today has been a bit overwhelming."

"Of course!" Darcy answered automatically, standing and opening the door for him. "Go ahead, I can make that bath for you when we get to my place if you want, or you can lay down if you still have a headache," she said.

Loki staggered into the back of the van and laid down on the floor of the truck. He curled up on the floor with a sigh. "Thanks," he said softly as he closed his eyes. "I'm just going to rest for a moment. I know it's a lot to ask but can you try to send a letter to that man we were talking to earlier? See if he knows anything about magical artifacts?"

Darcy glanced back at him, raising an eyebrow. "Better, I'll call him as soon as we get back. You just rest," she said, pulling into the road. She drove slowly and carefully, not wanting to shake him as she drove.

Loki nodded, not bothering to question how she would call him. Did she know where he was? His eyes opened briefly when the truck moved before he closed his eyes again. He felt very hot and dry but he didn't seem to be sweating. At all. Was that normal for a Frost Giant? He shifted slightly then closed his eyes and fell asleep in the back of the truck.

Darcy drove in silence, blasting the AC in the hopes of making it more comfortable for Loki. When the drive was over she climbed out and opened the back door, sighing softly at the sight of him. She really didn't want to wake him, but the bed inside would be much more comfortable. "Hey, Lokes," she said, shaking his shoulder and wincing at the cold, "we're here. You can sleep in my bed if you come upstairs."

Loki's eyes flickered open and he quickly sat up and looked around, disoriented. Where was he? Holding a hand to his head, he stared at Darcy for a few moments then slowly climbed out of the back of the truck. "I don't want to take your bed," he replied as he stumbled away from the truck. "I'll just sleep on the floor."

"Like hell you will," Darcy retorted stubbornly, chasing him and standing in front of the door. "You, sir, are going to take my bed. I'll sleep on the couch- I do it a lot anyway," she insisted, then turned around to unlock the door. The first thing she did was dramatically lower the temperature of the room, then began getting out a bunch of blankets for herself. "Jane will probably barge in here at some point tomorrow, so sorry if that happens," she said to him as she began building a nest of sorts on the couch.

Loki looked ready to protest but gave in to Darcy and the headache he had. He followed her into her apartment and watched her gather blankets for the sofa briefly before he leaned against the wall and closed his eyes. He looked ready to fall asleep right then and there. "I don't mind," he replied. "Are you sure you don't want me to sleep on the couch?"

"Positive," Darcy answered, sliding an arm around him and guiding him into the bedroom. It was small but cozy, a queen bed with dark green sheets in the back of the room. She turned the fan on and drew the curtains, waving a hand at it. "It's all your's. anything else you need?" She asked.

Loki stared at the bed, immediately appreciating the color of the sheets. He loved green. While Darcy messed around with an electronic device that blew cold air into the room at a steady pace, Loki moved over to the bed and laid down on top of it. "Thank you," he said as he closed his eyes. "I do not require anything else. Please rest as well. That would put me at ease."

((Good night!))

Edited by pudding