pudding

Sweet and Pudding 1x1

Loki watched as a man approached and touched his arm. He really reminded Loki of Thor for some odd reason. "I am a Frost Giant," he replied when the man recoiled. "My body is like ice." He looked into the crowd, trying to find the voice that had spoken up. "I am here because I tried to do what was right for my home ," he replied. Banishment was such a harsh word. He was going to try to avoid it. "Now I do not have one."

"So you're not here to abduct us?" A little boy asked, and was shushed by his mother. Someone muttered something about probes. There were a few teenagers cooing at him and his story with misplaced pity. "Are there more of you?" A young man asked. "Why did you pick earth?"

"Are there more planets with life?"

"How come you're the first alien to ever come here?"

The questions were coming in hot now.

"Abduct you?" Loki asked in confusion. He turned around as a barrage of questions came in from all around him. "I was not able to choose my destination. It was pure luck I found myself here. I do not think I am the first to come here since there was a war between the Jotnar and the Aesir a long time ago." He turned around as even more questions rolled in then grimaced. "Please!" he yelled, raising his voice. "I cannot answer all your questions at once! Is there not a simpler way we can go about this? I do not know most things regarding humanity's technology but surely there is a way we can go about this that would be more efficient."

"What, you mean like form a line?" A teenaged girl huffed, popping her gum loudly. "Why don't we all just sit down? Raise our hands?" An elderly school teacher suggested. There was some unspoken agreement in the group, as everyone reluctantly began to sit. A six year old boy raised a hand, and then blurted excitedly, "Do you have a spaceship?"

Loki watched as the people gradually agreed to sit and raise their hands. Crude, yet effective. It worked perfectly. He looked around at the group before he noticed a small child raising his hand. At the question, Loki let out a small laugh. Laughter tended to put people at ease. Plus, the question was a bit silly. "I'm afraid not," he replied with a small shake of his head. "I came here through the Bifrost. It is a rainbow colored bridge that allows for transportation between the realms and Asgard." He looked around at the group then motioned for them to raise their hands as well. "Next question, then!"

At some point, Darcy had joined the large group, and was grinning at him from the back. He was going to be here forever.

"What's your name?" Asked someone else, because he hadn't given it yet. Several people were already looking up the terms he'd mentioned on their phones, wanting to see if there was anything about it online.

Those weird little boxes people had could be seen in the crowd now. He still had to figure out what they were. He could ask Darcy later. "My name is Loki," he said, bowing to the crowd. He raised his head then gestured to one of the strange boxes a girl near the front was holding. "What is this device? I have learnt about trucks and roller coasters today but this strange box is another thing that is new to me. What does it do? What is its purpose?"

The girl gave him an 'are you insane' look? "It's a phone. It lets you talk to people really far away, and search the internet, and stuff like that," she answered with an eye roll. Duh. The teacher looked up from her own device. "Loki.. of Asgard? This says you're a god, is that true?" She asked. It also said he had done quite awful things..

"In-ter-net?" Loki asked, only growing more and more confused. His eyes locked on Darcy in the crowd and he made a face of complete bewilderment. Hearing another question, he turned to the woman who asked if he was a god. "A god of what?" he asked then shook his head. "What else does it say about me? May I see?"

Nodding, the woman stood and made her way to him. "It says you're the god of chaos and mischief in Norse mythology. That you have multiple children and apparently are destined to bring about the end of time," she said, showing the screen to him and slowly scrolling with her finger. Darcy sort of stared at him. A god? No freaking way.

"That is a harsh accusation," Loki declared as he squinted his red eyes at the screen. He was going to avoid the whole god of mischief part and move on to the end of the world and children. Because he did like mischief and that often led to chaos. And if he was a god in their eyes... Well, he wasn't going to deny their beliefs. And his ego did like being addressed as a god. "And also untrue. I am curious to know why you people believe that I am the mother of my father's steed since both my... Thor and I have no children. What's more, I'd like to know why all of my supposed children are animals." He shook his head from side to side then turned to address the crowd again. "As I told you before, I mean this planet and its people no harm. Is there something I can do to secure your trust?"

The woman shrugged, looking through the information. "I don't know. But, it does sound a bit far fetched. I believe you were supposed to be a female horse at the time, and you were attempting to lure a stallion away from the castle for some reason. I don't remember the whole legend," she answered. How could he gain their trust? "Talk to the president. If you are a god, anyway," someone called out. The teacher found a picture of Loki -sketched- and showed him, above which it said 'God of Mischief'.

That was just silly. Why couldn't such a legend exist about Thor. Actually, thinking about it, it was probably Thor or one of his friends who introduced such a tale. He did not know why or how but it had to be someone that didn't like him very much or wanted revenge for some reason or another. "Where does your president reside?" Loki asked before he looked at the phone again. It had a picture on it supposed to be him. "My nose is not that long, is it?" he asked, slightly concerned about the way he was drawn. He looked nothing like that! It was almost insulting. "If it will gain your trust, I will talk to your president," Loki said with a nod before he started to move through the crowd, towards Darcy. "That is, if he or she will have audience with me. Is your president too busy to speak with me at the time being?"

"Washington D.C., a long ways away from here," the teacher answered with a frown. Darcy got up, frowning as well. This idea wasn't very good. "You can just walk up to the president. There are tons of people guarding him, they'd never let you in close," she argued, putting a hand on his arm. "And like I said before, they might capture you and try to experiment on you or something," she went on, worried for his sake.

"Excuse me, let me through." A man in a suit and sunglasses approached, with short brown hair and brown eyes. He held up a badge depicting an eagle, the word S.H.I.E.L.D. going around it. "Loki, I presume? I'm Agent Couldon of SHIELD, and we'd like to have a talk."

"And I told you I can weasel my way out of that situation," Loki said with a reassuring pat. He was mindful to touch her clothing instead of her skin since his current form was freezing. He thought about the different ways he could request an audience with the president before turning to the strangely clad arrival. Having never seen a suit or sunglasses before, one could imagine Loki was very confused by the outfit and its purpose. It looked far too stiff for any activity. "Well then you may speak," Loki replied, a bit of sarcasm dripping into his voice. "I will listen and respond accordingly. I am not stopping you from talking."

Coulson removed his sunglasses and tucked them away. "It doesn't work like that. We'd like to take you in for questioning, and it would help if you came without a fight," he replied, not taking the bait or floundering under the sarcasm. Darcy glanced between them, feeling nervous again. Was it just her, or did she just see a guy with a gun duck down behind a trash can?

Loki's eyes narrowed in suspicion as he stared down at the man. "I fail to see why I should fight unless you give me a reason to, son of Coul." He tilted his head slightly to the side and frowned. "Are you giving me a reason? Because if I feel that Miss Darcy or my own safety is at risk, I will do everything in my power to remove whatever is causing that risk."

Coulson tipped his head to one side as though regarding the man. "Just standard procedure. We don't want trouble," he assured him, glancing to the girl that was with him. "I'm coming too," Darcy blurted, staring the agent down with a steely reserve. He was already getting a headache.. "Fine. If the two of you will come with me, we have a secure building nearby."

Loki glanced back at Darcy then nodded and turned to Agent Coulson. "Very well," he said, motioning with a hand. "Lead on to your secure building. We will follow and I will answer what ever questions I feel comfortable answering. Depending on the nature of said questions, that may not be very many."

"I think you'll find that we can be very persuasive. Either way, we get what we want to know," Coulson answered, his expression not quite a smirk as he lifted a hand to his ear. "All units stand down. Prepare to move," he said, then walked away, expecting the pair to follow. Darcy still looked concerned. "We need to be careful," she muttered to Loki, taking slow steps after the agent.

Loki rolled his eyes slightly then followed, staying at Darcy's side. "Do not worry," he declared with a reassuring smile. "If I feel we are in danger, we will both leave. I won't let them hurt you." He patted her back before moving ahead, catching up to the agent. He leaned over to whisper in his ear so that the crowd behind them would not hear. "If you touch one hair on her head, I will take you personally responsible," he said softly, his voice barely above a whisper. He then raised his voice again since there was no point whispering. "How much longer to your secure building?"

Darcy returned the smile, watching him walk ahead. She was content to amble about just a few steps behind them, wondering if this was the part where she disappeared and was never heard from again. Coulson glanced at Loki, and surprisingly he didn't look afraid. Just bemused, as though a god wasn't threatening him. "A few miles. We'll have to take a van."

Loki stared at him before glancing back at Darcy, a frown settling in on his features. "Is a van like a truck?" He asked. Why couldn't Midgard just use horses? It would have been much more comfortable for him. But they liked machines a lot more, it seemed. As long as it was on the ground, he could handle it. But he seriously doubted Midgardians could fly anyway. Flight was hard to master. Even he could not fly, even with all the magic he usually had.

((Do you want to skip past the can ride or did you have something planned?))

((Skip))

The building they arrived it was cold and made entirely of concrete. Inside, there was nothing more than a table and some chairs. There were men posted at the two doors and several more along the wall, armed and waiting in case something went wrong. "Have a seat," Coulson invited, he himself sitting. Darcy sat towards the other side of the table, patting the nearest chair for Loki to join her.

Loki barely even paused as he waltzed across the room and sat down next to Darcy. He looked around the room before a soft sigh escaped his lips. He leaned forward on the table and waved a hand at all the guards. "Must we have the armed guards present? I feel less inclined to answer any questions you may have with stiff, weapon toting guards surrounding me. It doesn't put me at ease."