pudding

Sweet and Pudding 1x1

I have been musing over this idea for a while and I was wondering if anyone wanted to do a Thor AU with me where Loki was banished instead of Thor. I've been musing over the idea for a while and I thought it would be interesting to try out.

Edited by pudding

Me! Me! Pick me!

Eheh.

This sounds interesting. Who would be who? And does this mean Loki finds some love of his own? For some reason I ship Loki/Darcy

Well I'd prefer to be Loki but I could play either. Loki/Darcy sounds like a rather fun ship since Loki wouldn't be anti-humanity at this point. It would be interesting if it evolved into Loki hating Odin and trying to take over Asgard by force instead of taking over Earth. Maybe even meeting up with the Avengers before they assemble and convincing them all to be his friends to fight against Asgard.

One thing I am thinking about is weither Odin would strip Loki of all his power. Because it's Loki's own magic that keeps him in the shape of an Asgardian as apposed to a Frost Giant. Maybe he'd leave him with just enough magic so that he can still look human but nothing more than that.

I can do Thor. And the others. And I like those ideas- Loki should be left with enough magic that he stays in his Asgardian form and that he can heal his wounds. I think you should play Odin though xd.png I suck at doing him.

Alright. Should we start with Loki being banished and meeting up right away with Jane and Co or should we start a bit before that. Maybe he could be banished because Odin discovers it was him who let in the Frost Giants in the first place.

((Alright. How about we start before they go to Jotunhiem? We can change it a bit so he is banished before they go and he learns his heritage from Odin then since he could think Loki is bringing Frost Giants in because he thinks Loki has discovered what he is and is siding with the Frost Giants now.))

His brother's supposed big day, foiled successfully by him. Asgard had Loki to thank for preventing his idiot of a brother from taking the throne. At least until a bit longer, they would have Odin for a ruler instead. Thor was not nearly ready to take rule. But how long would his plot keep Thor from taking the throne?

"I think you're right about the Frost Giants," the silver tongued god whispered in his brother's ear as Thor's friends stood off on the side. Perhaps he could take this further. Thor was not ready and he would never be ready. He had to stop him from taking the throne as long as possible. Get him in a bit of trouble and keep him on Odin's bad side. Then he would not be king. "If a few got in, even more could. But Odin would not permit any action against them."

((Yeah, that's what I was thinking))

Thor was simple minded and headstrong. All he could think was that his big day had been ruined, and that the Jotnar must pay for breaching their defenses. His brother merely spurred him on, his mind easily accepting the lies and manipulation. "Because Odin does not wish to go to war. His blindness could cost us many lives, our kingdom!" He growled, turning to Loki with a dangerous look in his eye. "Brother, we must travel to Jotunheim. We could halt them before they have a chance- father would be pleased."

Loki stared at Thor then frowned, fake concern flooding his features. Of course he cared for his brother but he could easily destroy all of the Jotuns. He did not fear for his brother's life so much as he was faking concern to lead Thor on further. "Brother, I do not like this idea," Loki replied as he stood up and clasped his hands together. "We are not at all equipped to take on all of the Jotuns in Jotunheim by ourselves. And how do you propose we get there? One does not simply walk into Jotunheim as if it were a casual stroll."

Thor was already scheming, plotting their victory. How glorious it would be. Odin in all his might would see how foolish he'd been attempting to be peaceful. "We do not need an army. We shall gather Lady Sif and the Warrior's Three. We six are easily the most skilled in all of Asgard, they do not stand a chance!" He rose, eager to tell their friends of this great idea. "Heimdall shall allow us to pass. He cannot stop us, I am nearly the king."

Nearly king. This was why Thor was not fit to rule. He let out a sigh and looked down at his feet before looking back at his brother. "You've already made up your mind about this," he said with a small clap of his hands. "I guess the only thing I can do is make sure to keep your back covered. After all, what are brothers for other than to watch each other's backs? Go gather your friends. I shall meet you at the Bifrost."

Smiling, Thor pulled Loki into a large, unwarranted bear hug. "Thank you brother. When we regale our victory, everyone shall know of your prowess," he promised, then rushed off, entirely sure of himself. He went to one of the private chambers, hoping to find his friends there.

((I'll take Volstagg and Fandral if you take Sif and Hogun))

A brief burst of guilt welled up inside Loki before he shoved it back down again. "Of course," he replied softly as Thor rushed off. He watched silently for a moment before he turned and walked away but not towards the Bifrost. Instead, he located the closest guard to his location and whispered in his ear about Thor's plan to go against Odin's word and go to Jotunheim. If all went well, Odin would not appear until they were at Jotunheim or afterwords.

His work done, Loki turned and went to the stables to get a horse to go to the Bifrost. The plan was already formed in his head. They would go, he would attempt to talk his brother down but his brother would no doubt attack. And then Odin would bring about a fierce punishment. Asgard would be safe for some time longer.

((Alright. I think I'll make it so Odin stops them right before they enter the Bifrost. Sounds good?))

((That works))

It took little convincing for Lady Sif and the warriors three. It did seem like a risky idea, but they always listened to Thor. Certain he would lead them to victory, they followed, prepped and ready to go into battle. "Brother!" Thor called as they neared the stables; he was just mounting up by the looks of it. "We are ready to depart." He climbed up onto a horse, the others following suit, though the Prince chose to ride beside Loki. "Do you think you can get us past Heimdall? With your.." He trailed off, nose wrinkling. "Magic?"

"Do not underestimate me," Loki replied as his horse rode forward across the rainbow colored bridge. "I may not be as strong as you but I can fight in other ways. Why raise a sword when you can silently slip a dagger between the ribs from behind?" He pulled back on the reins when they reached the end of the bridge. He quickly dismounted and smiled at Heimdall. "Hello, gatekeeper!" He said with a smile and a wave of his hand. "How are you today? Have you heard about that nasty business with the Jotuns yet? Terrible business, that is."

Thor frowned, shaking his head but not replying. What was the point in being silent? Why sneak when you could charge proudly? Sometimes, he did not understand his brother. As they dismounted, the five of them watched as Loki confronted Heimdall. The large man didn't turn his gaze on the trickster, but this was normal. "Do not try me, Loki. Your silver tongue will not twist my will," he said in his low voice, completely disregarding him. Thor took a step forward, seeing that this wouldn't work. "Heimdall, allow us to pass. It is for the good of Asgard."

Loki pressed his lips together when Heimdall promptly allowed his fool of a brother to pass but did not budge for his words. Well, that was not helping his brother with his arrogance. He watched as Heimdall moved aside for them to enter. He started to enter when a voice called out from behind them, causing the trickster god to turn around.

"LOKI!" Odin boomed as he rode his right legged horse towards them. He hardly had time to register what was happening before Odin dismounted and grabbed him by his collar, dragging him into the Bifrost.

Stunned, Thor froze for a half second before running after them. "Father! What is the meaning of this?" He demanded, hand tensing on his hammer. He would never attack of course, but it was a comforting weight in his hand. The other four stayed back, knowing better than to get mixed up in royal family affairs. Thor however, had no such qualms. How did the Allfather already know their plan? "This was my idea, please, do not punish Loki for this."

"Silence!" Odin boomed, hardly even glancing at Thor as he dropped Loki on the cold, stone floor. He stared down at the younger of the brothers almost remorsefully as he shook his head. "I had plans for you, Loki," he said softly.

"Like what?" The mischief god asked as he raised himself up and stumbled to his feet. "I have been living in Thor's shadow for my entire life! What could you possibly have planned for me that you haven't lied about?"

"Is that why you led the Frost Giants into Asgard?" Odin asked softly. He turned away briefly before he rounded on Loki again. "When did you discover your true heritage? Did Frigga tell you?"

"My true what?" Loki asked, taken back by what Odin was saying. He had no idea what his father was saying. "I have no idea what you are talking about. I only did what I did to help Asgard." He glanced at Thor nearby then turned back to Odin as the Allfather placed his staff within the Bifrost and caused it to begin spinning around. Where were they going?

"Do not lie to me, Loki," Odin replied as he waved a hand. The magic that Loki had always felt present in his life like a comforting blanket wrapped around his entire body was suddenly and abruptly whisked away. Starting at his fingers and rapidly spreading upwards, his entire body began to turn blue. Loki stared at his hands in shock then quickly tucked them under his jacket.

"What are you doing?" Loki asked as his skin continued to change. For what was probably the first time in his life, he was speechless. Was he cursed? What was going on? He had only tried to protect Asgard from Thor's rule until his brother was ready. They were not actually a threat. But what was Odin doing to him? "Father, please stop," he begged as the blue began travelling up to his face, turning one of his eyes red. He turned to Thor as the second eye turned red. "Brother, help me," he said as he stumbled away from Odin.

Thor promptly shut his mouth, cowed by the power of the Allfather. He flinched at Loki's accusation, brow furrowing in hurt and disbelief. Hiding in his shadow? That was not true! Then Odin continued and things got more confusing, especially for the big blonde. He automatically took a step back as Loki came at him, horrified. It looked like he was turning into a Frost Giant. But surely not! Father would not place such a curse upon his own son. "Father, what are you doing? Loki would not lead the Jotnar into the castle, cease this! Do not turn him into a monster!" He demanded, torn.

Loki stopped when he saw Thor's reaction and turned back to Odin as the Allfather stared down at him. "I am not turning him into anything. I am peeling away the facades he has put up ever since he was young. Loki has led Jotun into Asgard because he is one of them. At one time, I though we could use your brother to bring about peace. But I was obviously mistaken."

"Father," Loki whispered hoarsely as he struggled not to fall on his knees. He was a Frost Giant? All this time... Why? How? This didn't make any sense! "Please," he breathed, staring up at Odin with pleading, red eyes. The Allfather stopped then permitted just enough of Loki's magic to return so he could hide himself again. Loki did so quickly and the magic almost immediately returned him to how he had looked before. This was all too much to take in.

"Loki," Odin said as the Bifrost opened behind him. He paused, obviously taking a lot of thought in phrasing the next part. There was no other way. In his eyes, Loki had betrayed them and would only be a threat staying in Asgard. He had to leave. "Laufeyson...you have invited Jotun into Asgard and betrayed the house of Odin... You are unworthy of these realms, you're unworthy of your title, you're unworthy... of the loved ones you have betrayed through your actions! I now take from you all of your power save enough to hide yourself in this form. In the name of my father and his father before, I, Odin Allfather, cast you out!"

Thor's jaw dropped in disbelief before he wisely shut it, wide eyes looking back and forth between Loki and Odin. His brother was a frost giant? Everything in their childhood was a lie, his younger brother was so strange because he was not truly Asgardian. As the Bifrost swirled open, he tried to stop his father, yell that this was wrong, but the sound of the Bifrost roaring and the Allfather's words drowned him out. "Brother!" He cried, watching Loki getting sucked into the portal and unable to do anything about it. He turned to the Allfather, still looking completely shellshocked. "Father.. Even if he led the frost giants here, I do not believe Loki knew of his heritage! You did not let him explain! We were just going to Jotunheim a moment ago, he would have killed them with us, surely this means something?"

Odin quickly removed his staff, causing the bridge to close. He looked at his son then shook his head and stepped down from the platform. "He was able to sneak Jotun into our borders without anyone realizing. He could lead an entire army to us and no one would know until it was too late. Loki is too much of a threat to keep her. But I did not send him to Jotunhiem. He will be spending his exile on Midgard. And you need to consider your actions. Going to Jotunheim would be an act of war. Now that you know Loki brought the Jotuns here, you have no reason to go there. Now let us return to the palace. I left your brother with just enough magic to hide himself as one of the mortals on Earth."

Loki reached out a hand to his brother and his father as he was thrown into the Bifrost. The blinding light quickly over took him as he traveled through it in a rather uncomfortable manner before being cast down in the darkness on some realm he did not know. He stumbled forward, trying to make sense of his surroundings as the bridge closed before something large and metallic rammed into him and he was thrown to the ground.

Thor bowed his head, unable to argue any longer. He really didn't know, did he? What if Loki was luring him to Jotunheim to kill him? There was no way of knowing. His shoulders drooped as he followed Odin away, many emotions jostling for attention in his mind. Even the decision to go to Jotunheim had been a bad idea. What else did he not know?

Darcy was bored out of her mind. Why, she asked herself for the umpteenth time, had she decided to do her internship with an astrophysicist? As a poli-sci major, she was all but useless, and staring up at the sky was all great and fun, but it had been hours and she was seriously considering mutinying against Jane. Her attention was caught by a sudden bright light in the sky, her brown gaze widening as they drove right towards it. "Jane-!" Her warning was too late, as they already struck whoever or whatever it was. "Holy censorkip.gif , you just hit somebody!" She squeaked, clambering out and grabbing her flashlight. (She also grabbed her taser because hey, whoever was wandering in the desert might be messed up.) "I think you killed him, dude.."

Edited by Sweet_Wyvern

Loki laid on the ground, staring up at the sky in sheer shock. His brain had simply stopped working for the second time in his life and he was left absolutely speechless. It was far too much to take in. He was a Jotun. Odin thought he was trying to destroy Asgard. He had been cast out and only had just enough magic to hide what he now knew was his real form. Perhaps it would be better to simply lay upon the ground and let whatever had hit him finish the job.

He peeled his eyes away from the sky and covered them with a hand as a bright light shone in his direction. He looked at the people that looked oddly like Aesir as he climbed to his feet. He was no longer on Asgard, that was for sure. A quick scroll through of all the nine realms in his brain brought him to the most logical conclusion. "This is Earth, correct?" he asked as he swayed unsteadily on his feet. He felt so weak without his power and the trip had not been comfortable at all.