pudding

Sweet and Pudding 1x1

Loki let out a haggard cough when Thor squeezed him tighter. But he did feel a lot safer with Thor there. And now he felt guilty. As bad of a king Thor would make, he was a kind brother. Or would be if they were actually related. He was a Frost Giant. Thor was an Aesir. They could never be brothers. But the affection was appreciated, at least. "I feel cold right now," Loki replied softly. Go somewhere colder? He was shivering as it was! He did not like this idea.

"Well, it's not like I would just let the two biggest leads I have run off without me," Jane replied. "I'm coming as well. Where is this base anyway? Area 51?"

Coulson smirked and replaced his sunglasses on his face. "No. Come outside, we'll take a helicopter," he said, knowing full well the Hellicarrier was about ten miles out. They didn't, though. "Brother, you are warm, you need to be somewhere cold," Thor protested, scooping him up into a bridal carry before he could protest. "Lead on, Son of Coul."

Loki's eyes widened in surprise as he was suddenly whisked off the floor and held by Thor. Worried his brother would drop him, he quickly grabbed ahold of Thor's shirt, his fingernails digging into the fabric. "What are you doing?" he hissed, staring up at his brother. Being clingy was one thing. Carrying him like he was a bride or a princess was a completely different matter! "I feel cold at it is. I do not want to go somewhere colder." He frowned, protesting as much as he could despite the obvious illness plaguing him.

Thor gazed down at Loki with such sadness in his baby blue eyes. "You are weak, brother. I know you are cold, but they say it will help. You feel very warm at the moment," he informed him, walking carefully outside with his burden. Darcy exchanged glances with Jane then hurried after them.

"But I feel cold," Loki insisted like it was the only thing that mattered. He stared back up at Thor stubbornly for a few seconds before turning his head away to cough several times. A shudder passed through his body with each hack before he turned his head back to face Thor. The coughing fit took a lot out of the little bit of energy he had left and protesting at this point was only intensifying his headache. "I just feel so cold," he whispered as he pretty much surrendered the argument and rested his head against Thor's chest.

Jane followed Darcy out the door, followed by the people sent to examine Loki. A helicopter? That was interesting. Or it would be if she wasn't too busy watching Thor and Loki. Seriously, why did the aliens have to be so hot? Even when considering he was blue, had horns and was sick, Loki was still pretty... well, pretty. But Thor was more handsome, in her opinion. "How far away is it if we have to take a helicopter?" she asked with a frown.

"We are outside now, Brother, do you not feel warmer?" Thor asked, for indeed the desert sun was hot upon them. At Coulson's insistence though, he hurried up and climbed aboard the aircraft. He was too worried about his brother to wonder what the thing was, just took a seat and still held Loki close. "Save your strength," he begged. Coulson led them all aboard, standing casually as the helicopter lifted into the air. "Not far. You'll see," he answered cryptically. Darcy kept shooting worried looks at Loki.

Loki shook his head as he wiggled closer to Thor, seeking warmth from him that he didn't seem to be getting from the sun. He looked up briefly to examine the inside of the machine they had entered before deciding it was similar to a truck. He laid his head back down upon Thor's chest and closed his eyes. Save his strength. "I will try," he replied back. "Wake me later, alright?"

Jane frowned when the agent was officially vague but turned her attention to Darcy instead. She seemed extremely worried about Loki. "Hey," she whispered, placing a hand on hers. "He'll be alright."

"Of course, brother. Rest," Thor said in a surprisingly soft voice, holding him protectively. No harm would come to Loki while Thor was around, that was certain. Darcy sucked in a breath and exhaled slowly. "I know, I just.. I feel responsible for him. I was trying to take his mind off things, but it wasn't working; and then it was worse when.. Wait a second," she said, wrinkling her nose. "He was yelling at the sky earlier, to his dad I guess, and then he sort of freaked out and dropped to the ground. Maybe his dad did this? That's when he started to feel bad."

Jane stared at Darcy then glanced over at the ill god clinging to Thor, trying to fall asleep. "It could be," she said with a nod. "I mean, every effort we've made hasn't helped at all. Even if he is an alien, that seems unusual. Maybe his dad got pissed and did something to him." she frowned as she considered everything then looked at Darcy again. "Do you remember what he was yelling? Like, generally speaking."

"Just demanding to know why he didn't tell the poor guy he was adopted. And then something about how he could never let a frost giant sit on the throne, or something," Darcy answered, keeping her voice low so as not to disturb them. She would've marveled over the helicopter if she wasnt so worried.

Jane nodded and thought about it. That didn't sound unusual or something someone should get pissed off with. "Nothing else?" she asked. "I don't know, something that might have pissed his dad off?" Those things just sounded like normal gripes given the circumstances. "I hope he gets better, though. He looks like he's had a really bad day."

"He said he wouldn't let him and Thor's actions plunge the nine realms into war," Darcy muttered after a moment of recollection, glancing at the pair. Maybe Odin wanted to keep him from ever getting back.

Jane frowned as she stared at Loki. He was a Frost Giant, right? "Maybe," she said, obviously hesitating with her deduction. "Maybe Odin didn't want Loki to return and wanted to make sure nothing would allow him to do so. I mean, he didn't kill him flat out so maybe he just wanted to injure him in such a way that he wouldn't pose a threat. I mean, heat is a pretty effective method against ice, right?"

"Yeah but.. that's so wrong," Darcy muttered with a headshake. She automatically felt for her taser, narrowing her eyes in thought. "Wish Thor would take me back so I could kick that guy's ass," she mumbled, but was interrupted as the pilot announced they were close. An enormous.. well, it looked like aircraft carrier, only it was flying.

Jane nodded in agreement then turned her head to look outside. "Well that's more impressive than Area 51," she remarked as she raised an eyebrow. She glanced over at Thor and Loki but the sick Jotun had not woken up, even with the announcement. He was still sleeping peacefully in Thor's arms, head resting against his brother's chest. "Should we wake him up?" she asked, motioning to him.

Thor caught the last comment and shook his head. "Nay, let him sleep. It would be more difficult if he were awake to protest," he answered quietly, gazing down at Loki. His little brother, banished, cast out for something he never meant to do. As the metal bird landed, he rose, being careful not to jar Loki. Coulson was already on his comm. ordering people to get a room ready, and an ice bath while that was in progress.

Loki mumbled something and shifted around in Thor's grip as his brother stood. He quickly settled back down again after grabbing ahold of Thor's shirt in his sleep and latching onto it. It seemed like an unconscious movement inorder to prevent Thor from leaving him. Jane stood up and hurried after them. Should they tell Thor that his dad could be the one at fault for Loki's illness? She'd have to consult Darcy after they got Loki in a stable condition. "So if we cool him down, he should be alright?" Jane asked as she looked at one of the doctors exiting the helicopter.

"In theory. We've never dealt with anything like this. We aren'teven sure what caused this in the first place. But the cold should help and you should get him cold as fast as possible."

Thor's brow furrowed, though he didnt add to the conversation. The people on the Hellicarrier seemed mildly startled to see them- Thor, large in his red cape and armor, Loki, blue skinned and hanging from his grip. Darcy just scurried behind them, trying to stay in the loop. Coulson led them to a room that had been cleared save for a icy cool water, some ice already in it and a bucket waiting to be added. "Apologies," he mumbled to his brother before slowly lowering him in. It would probably jolt him awake. The thunderer made sure his head was still above, taking his hand and holding his breath as they waited for a change.

Loki's eyes snapped open when his sleep was disturbed by the sudden and abrupt presence of freezing cold water. The biggest change had to be Loki going from sleeping and calm to startled beyond belief. He scrambled out of the freezing water, reacting to it like a cat would react to water. He glanced down at the hand Thor was holding before he tried pulling his hand free. "Thor... Why would you... how could you do that?" Loki asked, his face adopting the same pained, puppy dog like expression Thor had donned earlier. His entire body was shaking as he tried to free his hand so he could move away from the freezing water. He did not want to get back in there.

Thor let go, looking like he had swallowed a shoe or something. "Brother, I only wished to help. You need to be cold.." He trailed off, and okay, if he kept making that face Darcy was probably going to cry. A kicked puppy couldn't look that sad. "It will help. I know that you feel cold, but this must be an illusion, for truly you are hot." Coulson was effectively blocking the door, though he didnt look threatening. "You should listen to him. You aren't doing very good.

Loki stumbled backwards slightly when his hand was released and quickly hunched over, placing his hands upon his knees. He swayed dangerously from side to side but did his best to lookup and stare at Thor anyway. "But why didn't you just wake me?" Loki asked. "What did you think my reaction would be? I'm so cold right now. And you just threw me in freezing cold water!" he grimaced but stared at his brother firmly. "I will not get into that tub willingly," he said. "I am cold right now. I do not wish to be colder."

Raising a radio, Coulson muttered, "Bring in a sedative." Thor took a step forward, hands out placatingly. "Brother, I should have woken you, I know this. But you must get into this tub! It will feel better, I promise- you must be cursed, if you feel so cold right now. You are warm, Loki! Please!" He begged, tears pricking in the corners of his eyes. Would he die if he still refused? Thor was so worried.

Loki responded by taking a step back, refusing to go near Thor again or let him close the gap between them. "But I am not your brother," he hissed, only growing more hostile despite Thor's attempts to pacify the situation. "Look at me, Thor! Just days ago you were talking of war with the Frost Giants. You may try to continue this charade but I will not stand for it!" He slowly hunched over, resting his hand on his knee for support while his other one held his chest. Everything hurt. "Cursed?" he asked as he struggled to stare back up at Thor. "You are right, I am cursed. I've been cursed ever since your father rescued me from whatever hole he found me in. I've been cursed to stand inside your shadow, staring at your back for as long as I could remember."

Thor look horrified at this statement, taking a step back instead of a step forward. "Just because we are not related by blood does not mean you are not my brother! We played together, fought together- do you remember none of that? I wish to help you, Loki, brother," he begged, wondering where his innocent little brother had gone.

Loki stared at Thor breathlessly for a few moments before he turned his head aside. No, this was not Thor's fault. This was Odin's fault. Everything he had been through was Odin's fault. His foolish actions would plunge the nine realms into war. "Help me?" he asked, turning to Thor. "Look at me! I can hardly stand, that's how cold I am. And you drop me in a bath of cold water after I trusted you. That doesn't exactly elevate my trust in you, Thor." He raised a hand to his mouth and hunched over again, coughing into the palm of his hand.