pudding

Sweet and Pudding 1x1

Coulson's expression never faltered. "I'm afraid they'll be a permanent fixture. We are given to believe that your race is much stronger than the average human, and until we learn the nature of your presence on our planet, they'll be staying a bit longer. Please believe that we have no intent of starting an intergalactic war, and will not attack unless threatened. So, if you're ready, I'd like to begin."

Loki was silent for several seconds before he leaned back in his chair. "Banishment," he said, raising his voice slightly. "I'll answer that question right away since you seem nervous about war. I was cast out of my home for actions I slightly regret but still think were required. So go ahead and attack. If Odin cared about me, he would not have banished me here with no magic. Attacking or even killing me would not bring about intergalactic war. Next question?"

Coulson raised an eyebrow. "I think you have the wrong idea here. We're the good guys. We're just concerned with the safety of earth, I'm sure we'll have no quarrel," he said, and he did have a point, the guards weren't tensed or aiming or anything. "Why were you banished?" He asked, getting right to it.

"I am not inclined to answer that question," Loki replied immediately. "It would take too long to answer and we do not trust each other at this point. Besides, that question brings out too many bad memories for me. I was just banished yesterday and am current suppressing most of my emotions regarding the incident. Please let us move on to the next question."

Darcy reached for Loki under the table and took his hand, squeezing gently for support. Coulson wrote something down on a sheet of paper in a folder and lifted his head. "Are you a god? Our intel suggests your physiology compared to that of ours would make you godlike, at least," he asked.

"I know not what you classify as dieties," Loki replied. "If I meet the guidelines, I would suppose I am. However, I have not once thought of myself as a god. For nearly three millennia, I thought of myself as an Aesir. For one days, I have come to the truth that I am a Jotun." He chuckled softly and raised a blue hand. "Can you imagine not knowing who you really are?" He asked, tracing the lines running down his arm with a finger. "Imagine living your entire life as a lie? That your family is not yours and everything is fake? You are nothing more than a forgotten relic? And what's more, the real you is one you were taught to fear, loathe and hate? Ha, how the Allfather mocks me so!" He turned to Darcy briefly, concerned if the touch had hurt her at all. Even touching a Jotun could bring about frost bite of the worst kind.

Darcy gave him a tiny nod and moved her hand to his leg instead. His hands were definitely cold. Coulson wrote most of this down and glanced up at him. "So, you're a Jotun, but partially? As I understand it, the Norse worshipped the Aesir as gods, can you tell me why that is?"

"Because of a war. Jotnar tried to attack the Earth and rule it. The Aesir fought them back to their home, protecting humanity. With the Aesir's advanced technology, they must've appeared godlike. Aesir are also faster, stronger and live longer than humanity." He paused briefly before a frown settled in on his features. "Where are you getting this information about the Aesir from anyway?"

"From mythology. Humanity today did not realize your kind existed until you showed up today. I can see how primitive humans may have accepted your kind as gods, and technically speaking, you could still be. I assume, however, that some of the mythology is just that: myth. Are you really the one to begin Ragnarok?" Coulson asked bluntly.

"Excuse you?" Loki asked, frowning at the word. Why was everyone accusing him of bringing about the destruction of the world? He paused then laughed. "Oh yes," he replied. "Because after I gave birth to a horse and sired a giant snake, I decided to to single handedly end the entire universe despite the fact I know before hand I will not win and everyone dies. That sounds like a fantastic plan."

Coulson shrugged and leaned back, unable to break. "I have to ask. Even the stupid questions. You give birth to a giant wolf too, by the way," he added with a smirk, amused. Darcy rolled her eyes, patting Loki's leg again. "How do your people get here? Or rather, the Aesir? Have they been coming all along without our knowledge?"

"Of course," Lok replied, throwing his hands in the air. "How about we just assume that aside from my name, everything your mythology says about me is wrong? Because the sheer stupidity of it is hurting my brain." He shook his head then looked at Darcy again. His gaze remained on her for a bit before he raised a hand to his mouth and yawned. "So this has been wonderful but your questions have begun to bore me and I grow weary of answering them and generally uncomfortable. This room, for example, is far too hot. I can see why Laufey wanted to freeze this planet. I'll get heat stroke at this rate." He shook his head disapprovingly then blew cold air into his hands.

Coulson frowned, looking unamused as he waved a guard over and muttered something. The man left, and soon the air temperature began to drop. "Sir, if you can just answer my last question, you'll be free to go. Do the Aesir come and go without telling us?" He asked, eyes narrowing a fraction.

Loki mused over the question for a bit then shook his head. "They do not often come here. They would stand out quite a bit if they did and it would be obvious. If I were an Aesir, I believe I would be the first to come here in many centuries. Possibly the first since the war." He sighed then shook his head and rested his arms on the table as if he could draw cold from it. "So we can leave now? No conditions or anything like that?"

Coulson closed the folder and slid a card across the table to him. "We'll be keeping an eye on you, but for now no, there are no conditions. I need to get in touch with the Director. Try not to cause any trouble," he said, rising and motioning to the guards. "You can stay with me," Darcy offered automatically; great, now she had stalkers? Oh well, it was worth it.

Loki took the card and examined it briefly before glancing back up at Darcy. "Thank you," he said with a nod before he looked at his hands. He knew Darcy was trying to get him to stop hating himself but it was hard. He had spent just about as long as he could with all his magic down. For the sake of his own sanity, he needed to put that magic back up. Besides, it would also help him with the fact the planet was rather warm.

He inhaled softly as the blue rapidly faded from his skin, leaving him pale again. His red eyes quickly changed and his horns simply vanished. He looked at his hands then let out a soft sigh of relief. He was going to have to face this eventually but he didn't want to do it in front of Darcy or anyone else.

Coulson glanced at Loki, taking note of his regular form before taking his men with him and leaving. Then it was just the pair of them sitting at the table. Darcy took one of the hands he was staring at, giving him a small smile. "Wanna go kill some zombies?" She asked with a sly grin, as though this made perfect sense.

Loki tore his gaze away from his hand and turned to stare at Darcy instead. "Zombies?" he asked then reluctantly shook his head and raised a hand to his forehead. "Actually, I have a headache," he replied softly. "Is there somewhere where I can rest for a moment or two in private? I just need to gather my thoughts about a few things."

Darcy's expression fell slightly, though she understood why he might need some time alone. "Yeah, my apartment is actually right next door. You can lay down in my room if you want," she offered softly, figuring being loud wouldn't help. Standing, she automatically offered a hand out to him. In some ways he was like a lost child she wanted to guide, so she thought nothing of it.

Loki looked at the hand, momentarily thinking that he would hurt her if he took it. Wait, he had his magic back up again. It would be fine. He took the hand as he rose up from his seat, his other hand still pressed against his forehead. "You are so nice," he said as he walked towards the door. "Is there something I can do to repay you?"

Darcy chuckled and muttered, "The sarcasm pretty much balances out the kindness, dude. But you already asked me that and like I said, you don't have to do anything for me. I'm happy to help." Besides, what could he possibly do for her? A trip to Asgard would be cool, but he was sort of banished, and that would be a cruel thing to ask.

"I know, I know," Loki replied with a small shake of his head. "I just feel so useless. Unless I find some sort of magical artifact I can use to boost my power, I'll be unable to use magic. But I doubt there exists such a thing here. The Allfather probably sent me here so I could not recover my magic."

Darcy gave him a sympathetic look. "We'll find something. With that attitude, everything will go wrong, so don't think that way, m'kay?" She prompted, gently tugging him towards the door. He looked so pitiful when he was sad, she just wanted to wrap him up in a blanket or something.

"I'll try not to," Loki replied as he allowed himself to be pulled over to the door. "But Midgardians do not know magic. Unless your government was hiding things from you about magic, I don't think such a thing exists." He sighed and looked down at his feet silently. "It's just a lot to think about. I'm trying to do what you say but it's hard."

Darcy stopped and let go, looking him up and down. "We have a lot of museums. Maybe one of them has an artifact, and humans just never knew it had magic," she suggested, getting an idea. "You need a hug. Yup. Bring it in." She wrapped her arms around him before he could stop her, giving him a gentle hug.