Lila

Movies that no one's ever heard of

The Plague Dogs. A dark and disturbing animated film based on the novel by Richard Adams. Rented it on video probably 15 years ago or more, but would like to see it again. Be advised, however, that it's a very sad film.

Atomic Twister

Saw it back when I was little, about 2003ish.

Basically, a tornado threatens to cause Chernobyl 2.0 at a nuclear plant near a small town.

Cheesy concept, but it brings back nostalgia.

Cube (Canadian psych-horror film)

The trilogy, right? Saw all of them and enjoyed it, as well.

Show Me Love (F**king Amal, 1998)

Spirited Away, Damn Good movie

I'd argue that an extremely large number of people have heard of that movie. In my country, it is very well-known.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Spirited Away, Damn Good movie

In Japan and in America this movie is extremely well known. Not sure about other countries.

The Rocketeer

Love this movie. One of those Disney movies that just fell into obscurity, although it did have a Blu-Ray release, so i'm sure it's not too obscure.

Also, The Cat from Outer Space and the Not Quite Human trilogy. Again, both disney and rather obscure. The later doesn't even have a DVD release. I'd love to get the series on Blu-Ray.

Edited by MysticTiger

Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence?

Hell YES! David Bowie and Ryuichi Sakamoto wub.gif

Edit: The Hunger. A masterpiece from Tony Scott.

Edited by Naughtrish

Having worked in a video store along the way, many of these titles are familiar to me, and some were actually pretty popular, (Toy Story, Two Weddings and a Funeral, The Rocketeer, Return from Witch Mountain, Chicken Run, The Great Mouse Detective, Johnny Dangerously, Spirited Away) or at least cult classics (Heathers, Day of the Triffid, Castle In the Sky, History of the World: Part 1, Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence, The Hunger) when they were released, both as new movies and subsequently as video or DVD releases. I think I have Day of the Triffids, Rosencrantz and Gildenstern are Dead and Spirited Away somewhere in my archives.

I do have Dark Star, Fahrenheit 451, Kingdom of the Spiders, Dead Man, Lathe of Heaven, Pollyanna, and The Three Lives of Thomasina where I can pop them in for a re-watch when I want.

The one I really want to get on DVD and cannot find is The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh, a three part Disney program from the early 60's starring Patrick McGoohan. It apparently was edited and released under the title, Dr. Syn, Alias the Scarecrow in Europe, and later in the US. I guess there was a limited edition Disney Treasures release about five years ago, but I have not seen a copy, and would love to find it.

Edited by dragongrrl

Oscar - I know, Stallone and comedy don't usually mix, but this movie is absolutely hilarious.

Totally true!

I remember seeing this one in the theater when it was first released. I loved it! And told my friends, "That girl playing Lisa is gonna win an Academy Award someday." They laughed. A year later, Marisa Tomei won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in My Cousin Vinny, and I was the one laughing.

Appropriate for this time of year, does Trick or Treat ring any bells? Complete with Ozzy Osbourne making a special guest appearance... as a televangelist decrying the Satanic horrors of rock'n'roll, no less!

Here are some and when they reaired I taped them

Earthstorm-saw this last night taped when an asteroid hits the moon and then it opens up this rift and pieces of it come to earth.

Almost An Angel--Paul Hogan is in this one is when he is this robber and after he saves a kid wakes up in heaven where he is put on probabtion as an angel. Is hiliarious.

Dreamscape- this one is awesome and scary. Love it.

D.A.R.Y.L. -Barret Oliver is actually a computer that is 12 yro.

Sharknado-remember the hype for this one so when it aired on Discovery taped it. Help.

The Abyss

Edited by LuvDragons

Redline. Japanese anime to do with racing and absolutely brilliant! The makers of the film have made it available to watch for free on YouTube~

Omg, and The Trail Of The Screaming Forehead xd.png

Edited by Shadow-Lugia-XD001

Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike, It is a movie made on the events that happened sometime before the game, Tales of Vesperia

Some old ones:

A place in the sun-staring Montgomery Clift and Elizabeth Taylor.

The Heiress-staring Montgomery Clift.

And many more of his movies that never are on TV anymore, nor can they be found on DVDs.

Toothless, Tales of a Teenage Dragonslayer, and That Darn Cat. Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

Having worked in a video store along the way, many of these titles are familiar to me, and some were actually pretty popular, (Toy Story, Two Weddings and a Funeral, The Rocketeer, Return from Witch Mountain, Chicken Run, The Great Mouse Detective, Johnny Dangerously, Spirited Away) or at least cult classics (Heathers, Day of the Triffid, Castle In the Sky, History of the World: Part 1, Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence, The Hunger) when they were released, both as new movies and subsequently as video or DVD releases.  I think I have Day of the Triffids, Rosencrantz and Gildenstern are Dead and Spirited Away somewhere in my archives. 

I do have Dark Star, Fahrenheit 451, Kingdom of the Spiders, Dead Man, Lathe of Heaven, Pollyanna, and The Three Lives of Thomasina where I can pop them in for a re-watch when I want.

The one I really want to get on DVD and cannot find is The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh, a three part Disney program from the early 60's starring Patrick McGoohan.  It apparently was edited and released under the title, Dr. Syn, Alias the Scarecrow in Europe, and later in the US.  I guess there was a limited edition Disney Treasures release about five years ago, but I have not seen a copy, and would love to find it.

I've seen Fahrenheit 451 (after reading the book). I prefer the novel over the film; the actors just seem rather... stiff, to me.

Toy Story, Chicken Run, The Great Mouse Detective, Spirited Away. I agree that these are rather popular films and some of my bigger favorites.

History of the World: Part 1. Not a fan of this film but my family does own the disc even though no one really watches it due to how crude it is and the fact that my parents have become rather religious.

Now, I don't know if there are any movies I've seen that many don't know about. I could say Alien Versus Predator (both movies) as well as the new Predator movie and older Predator (don't know which one though) and an old Aliens film (again, don't know which one). Those, I think, are popular enough though.

Then there's The Boy in Striped Pajamas and Schindler's List.

Oh! There is also Yuki and Ama: Wolf Children. (Or Wolf Children: Yuki and Ama. Can't remember the ordering of the words but those are all five words).

All right, I'm sure you don't know these

1)The Red Lanterns

2)The flight of the Swan

3)Sweet Movie (Don't like the movie but the soundtrack)

4)Lapski (never seen it, but know it from the soundtrack of nightwish)

5)the travelling players

6) the man with the carnation

7)Underground (Great movie, great song)

8)Man with a Movie Camera

9)Death and the Maiden

10)Medea (direction Lars Von Trier)

11)The attack of the giant musaka (Don't see it it's supid)

12)Pi (direction Arnovsky)

13)Lola (I love the music)

14)Modern times (that film of Chaplin isn't known in my country much Idon't know if it's known abroad)

15)America-America

16)Rrrrr

17)Goodbye Lennin

and I can go on...

Edited by shadowgrr

Modern Times is a classic smile.gif

And omg we watched Pi last night or the night before... strange movie, made me dizzy smile.gif

Here's a blast from the past, Duel

It was one of Steven Spielberg's first films.

Nothing like being pursued by a psycho truck driver through the endless desert highways! xd.png

Here's a blast from the past, Duel

It was one of Steven Spielberg's first films.

Nothing like being pursued by a psycho truck driver through the endless desert highways!  XD

A great classic. Best part is counting how many times you can see Spielberg and his crew in window reflections, mirrors, and such =P Lol.

'The Triplets of Belleville' and 'Help! I'm a Fish' are two animated movies that I'd consider rarely known. First is a French masterpiece with a bizarre art style and almost no dialogue-- the second is a less impressive, more kid-orientated flick from Denmark.