SpiritWolfe

• The Plagued Earth | OOC •

Wait, quick question, can the hatchlings use telepathy?

And I don't mind either. happy.gif

Well Laufin can. In the forgotten island nearly every dragon can use telepathy.

Edited by 0023567467

Dragons don’t communicate with each other verbally, but they will growl to scare off predators and frighten prey. Young dragons will emit an extremely high-pitched squeal when they are frightened. To communicate, they use telepathy with each other and to speak to other creatures.

Alright, so maybe only Laufin can use telepathy? Or can everyone?

well you can choose if you want your dragon to have telepathy or not

Okay. happy.gif I'm gonna give Alvi telepathy and make everyone's life easier.

I assumed the whole time that since the DC dragons use telepathy for talking, that they were the same thing here. At any rate, I don't think it makes much difference.

Hello!! I've been working a lot lately and never really had a chance to catch up on this roleplay and now I'm... 8 pages behind? I'm assuming everyone is back in the cave now so I am just going to have Viden bring the food to the cave, sound good?

@Doc The blind emotional wreck sounds interesting! You don't have to give up on that idea just because Alvi came around.

That was actually my idea. smile.gif I didn't give it up because of Alvi though, I just didn't want to be so cruel to my own characters.

On another, unrelated note:

I'm wondering if maybe Bathory could mature a little more quickly? She doesn't seem bound by, er, the rules of life, and I'm not entirely sure what a mostly dead hatchling can do. Dragging one around for a while might get a bit boring.

It doesn't have to be instantaneous, and I wouldn't expect it to be, just... not in a year.

You have to ask Wolfe.

I would like to know when she thinks it would be best to have the hatchlings mature then become adults. Like 8 days to mature, then 8 more to become an adult?

Edited by Bacon_Strips

I think we need to get past the first day before anyone matures. I propose that we make unnecessary and unimportant days short. I'm not saying we have to make all days short, but if a day is just going to be collecting food and exploring, than I don't think it needs 20 pages.

Makes sense.

For now, when Bathory doesn't have scales, her skin couldn't possibly last in the sun. I assume that along with her bloodlessness and being dead, she doesn't have any melanin, aka no dissipation of UV radiation.

So, as opposed to her maturing all at once (which seems impossible), her scales could start slowly coming in, and as such she gradually builds up protection from the sun.

That seems much more plausible. I'm all up for her having scales, but what are you going to do about the wings? Are we just going to shoo that thought away for now?

Probably just ignore the thought for now >.>

They could slowly develop from little stumps to tiny vestigal wings, then getting bigger, until the growth of scales/wings match up and the hatchling matures.

That sounds good. I was thinking the wing growth for the hatchlings could be similar, as opposed to them waking up all day and being all, "OHMIGOD I HAVE WINGS NOW!!! I CAN FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!"

That sounds good. I was thinking the wing growth for the hatchlings could be similar, as opposed to them waking up all day and being all, "OHMIGOD I HAVE WINGS NOW!!! I CAN FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!"

Now you have me imagining all of the hachlings waking up one day, looking at their backs and screaming that. Well that and some just screaming 'What is this on my back?!' If only I had a good scanner I would so make and scan a comic of that if I had the time to make it.

Edit; Not like my poor sketch book does not have a drawing or two already outlined from this RP alone.

Edited by Lilithachaos