SpiritWolfe

• The Plagued Earth •

user posted image

"Thanks." Skylene replied to Sera, "I hope we become good friends too. I haven't talked to many dragons, but I'm glad to know how nice you are." Skylene turned her head to the entrance of the cave as a hatchling completed her on her wings. "Thank you!" she replied to the dragon.

Skylene then turned her attention to another dragon talking about leadership. For some reason, and she couldn't point out why, he stood out to her. "Well, if you like to explore, are willing to take risks, and are a good person, I think you'd make a great leader. By the way, I don't know your name. I'm Skylene. Pleased to meet you." She hoped she didn't sound too odd.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Spira looked at Favian. "You know, you don't think you can do this, but you really can. You are a fair dragon, and you can create plans. You're a natural leader, but if you don't want to be, you don't have to. We will all help, and if you want, you can give this responsibility to someone else. We believe in you, and we think you can be our leader."

user posted image

Favian blinked at the Blusang. "My name's Favian, pleasure to make your acquaintance." Favian did, his now signature, bow of respect. Skylene's and Spira's words wandered through Favian's head. Would I make a good leader? I would put like to learn more about the outside world, and I would take risks to do so. Does that make me a good person? Favian cleared his thoughts. Well, I might as well try. Favian nodded, "Okay then, I'll try to be the best leader I can." Favian vowed. Favian grinned and looked at the other hatchlings. "So," he began, "Who else wants to join the first party?"

Edited by Doctortear

"I have a suggestion. Maybe we should send two smaller groups, so we can cover more ground. One group can be in charge of food, and the other can be in charge I water, or whatever else we need. Other than that, I'll join"

~~~

Viden flicked Tauriel playfully with his tail when she asked to be in the first party too. He looked kind of warily at the other blue dragon, she was bouncing around and asking so many questions, it tired him out. On the matter of leadership he said, "Well Favian, you did come up with the plan ans I think you also may be the oldest male. Plus, all the girls are right, you seem fair and understanding, I think those are probably good traits for a leader to have." He smiled a bit at Favian, "I don't think there is anyone else really qualified for the job. I mean, other than you, and me, what other males have we got?" He looked around at everyone, there were so many hatchlings about now that it was hard to tell who was female and who was male, actually it was kind of hard to focus. He nudged Favian playfully, "Don't underestimate yourself, you're perfect."

Standing up taller he loudly exclaimed, "Who wants to go outside first? You can come with me!" He smiled playfully at everyone, hoping he caught their attention.

~~~

Edited by Shur'turgal

user posted image

Skylene blushed when Favian bowed to her. What's wrong with me?...Is that normal?... she wondered. She hoped that she wasn't making a scene, and checked around to make sure. I think I'm fine for now...

Skylene was glad when Favian informed them that he was leader, and that he wanted other dragons to join a party. "Can I join? I think it'd be a fantastic experience!" She desperately hoped that he would not turn her down.

user posted image

Sera watched as more and more dragons began to gather around the purple hatchling. He must be the leader. Sera got closer and heard the hatchlings talking about sending our parties to check out the outside. "I think I'll stay here." Sera announced. She slithered up to the purple and blinked. "I would rather have the more adventurous hatchlings enjoy themselves than for me to make them wait here. I won't mind staying here, I will enjoy watching over the other eggs. Oh, by the way, my names Sera."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

user posted image

Favian introduced himself to Sera. "Thank you for staying behind." he said to the Sunsong. Favian turned to Spira. "I'm liking that idea." he told her, "However, I think we may need to keep the groups close together. We can send out two parties now so more territory is covered and then we can send out a single party once they come back. The single party can go to the hot spots the first two parties might find." Favian tapped his chin. "Anyone else want to join beside Skylene?"

Edited by Doctortear

Spira bristled. "Why can't a female be the leader? I bet there are tons of species where females dominate the males! So only you and Favian can be leaders because you're males?!" Spira was glaring daggers at Viden. "I guess just because SOME males, are nice, doesn't mean they all are."

She turned back to Favian. "Oh, and I'll join, but who will lead the other group? If its Viden, I'm staying in the cave with Sera, or at least not joining the group he's in."

Edited by KoalaNoob

user posted image

Skylene smiled knowing she was in the group. This will be so fun! I get to explore around, look for new things! It will be great! Her mind started to trail off. I hope no one gets hurt, I don't need people to save. I mean, I would if I had to, but I hope I don't have to...what's wrong with me? Skylene began to worry about herself, and if she was mentally capable for this. Of course I am fine, I just need to...settle down. I hope more hatchlings join...

Thallus listened to the other dragons as they began talking, something about leaders and whatnot. None seemed hugely interested in him and he sat down, looking around and listening. Viden, that nice hatchling, was also talking to another. He contemplated going back to Viden, to perhaps keep alongside him for safety. When Viden shouted, Thallus trotted off towards him. "Sorry for um... running off?" he said, sitting down nearby.

user posted image

Favian was surprised by Spira's outburst. "Who ever said the males were dominating the females?" he asked confused. "I think we may of taken Viden's words incorrectly. I think what he meant was, 'I don't see any other males that are trying to take leadership.' He was saying males because none of the females were objecting. He must of assumed that since all of the females who have voiced their opinion decided that I should be leader, only the males were left to object." Favian tried to grin, "You see, its all a big misunderstanding."

Edited by Doctortear

Spira blushed furiously. "oh. Sorry. I guess I took your words incorrectly, Viden. I'm sorry."

user posted image

Suddenly, a thought emerged into Favian's head. "You wouldn't happen to want the role of leading the other group, would you?" Favian asked Spira. He was sure this was some sort of game. Maybe Spira didn't know she was playing it, but Favian certainly did.

Edited by Doctortear

user posted image

Skylene was impressed by Favian's logic, and willingness to resolve issues. How is someone that smart?...He must really know what he's doing. That's why he's leader, I guess...

"Wow, you're pretty smart when it comes to solving issues! You make a good leader." she said to him.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Spira jumped, surprised with the generous offer. "Um... I don't think I'd make a good leader... I can fill in that role if it ends up empty, and I wouldn't mind, but I don't think I'm as leader-ly as you, Favian."

user posted image

Skylene's comment only made Favian more determined. "Oh come now, Spira," Favian said calmly, "don't flatter me. I think you would make a wonderful leader. Think about it, you will be leading one of the first patrols into the open world. You can discover almost anything that you can imagine. You won't be leader of an entire colony, you'll only be a leader of a small group. Why not take the chance and prove yourself?"

Edited by Doctortear

"Well... Okay... But what if I mess up? Maybe Skylene should do it instead. Actually, I'm thinking of leaving to find somewhere to live on my own after everyone has hatched."

user posted image

"Oh, I'm not sure I should do it. I mean, I would love to, but I'm sure there are more qualified hatchlings than me. But if you insist, maybe that would be fine." Skylene secretly hoped that she would be a leader, but didn't want to seem boastful.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

user posted image

"What if you don't mess up?" Favian persisted, "Don't think of the negatives. Think of all the positives! So what if you mess up, who's going to make fun of you, me? No way! Do you think any one us will allow a single hatchling bully another? No! We are all in this together. If you ever feel like leaving, you may do so. However, you are always welcomed back." Favian made himself look calm. He hoped Spira agreed to this. It would help her to learn some confidence. Of course, if she didn't accept the job, Skylene would get it.

Edited by Doctortear

~~~

Viden's emotions flared when Sira yelled at him, a part of him wanted to yell back and another just wanted to hide. He looked at the ground sheepishly and didn't really say anything until he heard Favian defend him. He smiled at the dragon and said, "That's exactly what I meant, I wasn't trying to be offensive. Plus, I believe that generally in herds or packs of animals there is an alpha male and female, however the female will only truly take charge if the male is lacking in presence, isn't that right Favian? Oh and, apology accepted." He smiled happily at Spira, glad that she wasn't mad at him anymore. By chance he caught sight of the little green dragon reappearing and flicked his tail fondly at him, glad to have his friend back. "Oh," he was surprised Thallus was apologizing, there was really no need, "that's okay Thallus, you didn't really do anything wrong. Do you maybe want to join the first patrol to adventure outside?" A bit quieter he added, "I'm one of the leaders and we can stick together if you want!" He backed up and made room for Thallus and then, pointing with his tail he exclaimed, "Hey everyone, this is Thallus." The corners of his mouth curled and his tongue slithered out of his mouth so he could make a goofy face at Thallus, he really didn't want him to feel nervous.

~~~

Spira took a deep breath and thought for a moment. "Okay, I will. Thank you for giving me this chance, Favian."

(OOC: I think I have to go soon. Phooey. :OOC)

user posted image

"Glad to see you changed your mind." Favian said. He looked over at Viden and introduced himself to Thallus. Favian looked over at the hatchlings that were in the parties. "Okay then," Favian began, "Can everyone please go to the group they would like to join." Favian walked a little ways from Spira and sat down. Now, they can choose who they want to be with!

Edited by Doctortear

"Should my group look for water? I think I found a crack in the wall where we can channel the water into the cave."

user posted image

"That would be logical." Favian replied, "I think that's a pretty smart idea." Favian nodded and pondered for a moment. What was his group going do to?

Edited by Doctortear

Thallus couldn't help but grin broadly as he was introduced. He couldn't make out much more than a bunch of hatchlings seemingly arguing, but Viden was calm. He nodded. "I'll join," he said. Perhaps the outside world wasn't really as terrifying as he first thought. The cave at least was safe, so if anything happened he'd be able to run back. And who knew, maybe he'd actually be useful.