SpiritWolfe

• The Plagued Earth •

user posted image

After waiting a while for a reply but not getting one, Astra decided just to copy the other dragons - but didn't go too deep into the cave because of the nasty darkness. She saw a few dragons that she recognized but didn't know the name of, and a lot she'd never seen before, but she didn't know any names there. So she walked towards the pile of eggs and picked one up quietly, and placed it around where everyone seemed to be putting a lot of eggs. Was there any older hatchlings? There was a blue-coloured one with red spots on its back and wings. Should she talk to it? It seemed a bit flustered and looked somehow weak, so she decided not to. 'Anyone?' she said loudly - not exactly a shout but quite loud, nonetheless. She then continued to pick up and place eggs, ignoring her rumbling belly.

Edited by Fiirewolvar

Bathory stared blankly at the cave, the shouts and whispers of hatchlings battering her ears after so much silence. Frantic looks and expressions shivered through the tense air. The whole atmosphere of the cave was chaotic and confused.

This is- this is not what I expected.

The Vampire blinked slowly, taking in the overload of sensory detail. It didn't escape her attention that a few dragons turned to look at her.

Aerix is here, which isn't neccesarily a good thing. This is a mess. Where is everyone? Favian's gone, and Skylene, and Kiska, and Sera-

The shout of a nearby hatchling startled her out of her reverie. A small Nebula, its hide splattered with the white-orange lights of its species, was picking up eggs and moving them around.

What are they doing? Is that Starry, or..?

She took a hesitating step forward.

God, should I even talk to them? Just yelling "Anyone" at random into a crowded cave isn't really the clearest sign of intelligence.

Bathory winced as memories, long suppressed and faded, flooded her mind.

This is exactly the kind of thing Narnun would do.. shouting at anyone and everyone.

She took a few mincing steps away from the Nebula, and scanned the rest of the dark cavern.

There's so many hatchlings here. How can anyone keep track of anything?

---

"Bathory?" Lineheart echoed. "Who is she, then? Why did she leave?" Despite her frustration and anxiety over the state of the cave, she felt pulled to learn about this newcomer. She wanted to learn everything; what it was like years ago, when the first hatchlings clambered from their eggs. What is was like to have Favian as their leader for so long-

She clamped down on her thoughts with a will, and squeezed her eyes shut. Her mouth pressed into a hard line.

Don't you dare think about him. Now is not the time.

"Nevermind, don't answer that. I can find out later." She hissed through her teeth, claws flexing against the cold stone floor. "For now, we need to get things in order."

---

"I- I don't know!" Wobble stuttered, his eyes widening with each swipe of Kirk's flippers. His nostrils flared, and he fought the urge to vomit. The stench of decayed fish slithered into his nose, his brain, his every pore. It filled his head with the cloudy fog of sickness and death. He shook himself desperately, splashing water over his gelatinous body.

"Kirk! The smell won't go away!" he cried. "I think- we need to leave. This is too gross."

((Why are these so shooort Dx

Forgive me.)))

user posted image

"The others said it was wonderful out there," Kirk pouted. Most of the slime was off of his body now. But the smell, good god the stench of it all. It was beyond description. What horrible creature died in these waters and let its decaying fat slither up to the surface and bubble in the murky waters of night? What filth waddled its way to the edge of the water and spewed forth the contents of its stomach?

"Yes, let's get out of here," Kirk agreed as he glanced back at the way they came. It was far to repulsively disgusting out here for Kirk's liking.

(This is worse.)

user posted image

For her to insinuate that Rakushun meant any harm upon anyone! Nothing could describe how he felt- Nay, he shall not describe it at all! Rakushun's tail smacked the ground. Although his mind was clear enough to set aside his anger and continue with his last words, he couldn't help but purposely trigger a small tremor in the cave with a spell that lasted a few seconds. The detached part of his mind was looking down on himself for doing such a reckless thing in his current state, especially when it was uncalled for. The grey dragon had a point, and everything she said was exactly true. But deep down in the back of his mind he did it because he wanted to convey some part of his frustration for the misunderstanding and not being able to communicate back with out further harming others. Whatever he wanted was irrelevant, he just needed to do what is needed and what is necessary.

Tapping his chin with his claw he thought to himself for a while before replying. A thought came to him that he could simply let the barriers fall now so he could convey what was really on his mind. But that thought passed just as quickly as it had come, and he completely forgot the tinges of emotions he was feeling deep down earlier. "What can not be understood can not be explained but for the other answer you seek, it is because the spell caster can not be inflicted by that kind of spell unless intended to."

The strange light show and forms appeared once more and faded away. The barriers were now as thick as a sheet of paper and almost non-exsistant. Hurriedly, Rakushun added, "Danger approaches, formless, endless, life-death, and-or all sorts of treachery. It can be all of the above or can be none of the below. Beware for it approaches. None, not even I, know what it is."

For one last time the lights show and strange forms came, one in particular being some sort of gelatinous gooey glob with a face etched in horror which floated in the air along with the other strange things. Rakushun tucks himself in, his head laid gently on his tail and falls deep into sleep. Being so tired as he was, all the barriers broke and spells broke except for the glob thing which rather disgustingly plopped to the ground. Seemingly confused and scared, the blob crawled on the floor apparently looking for something. It notices and ignores Rakushun, and crawls around some more… That is until it saw the grey dragon. In desperation, the blob thing crazily raced towards her, threatening to grab onto her and engulf her in order to forget its current predicament.

((I'll leave it up to you how Medea deals with it/how she gets rid of it. Just keep in mind its a sticky substance.))

user posted image

Michiru burst out laughing, "As you wish Fluffle butt!" The exit with in sight, she was sure to win! The problem was, what to do after that? She didn't have much time to think to herself because before she knew it she was at the finish line already. "Hah! I won! What do you say to that!" Michiru sported a wide toothy grin.

user posted image

Aaannnddd, just as she thought the two are angry at her. But… At least she stopped the fighting. Making sure that only Sierra heard her, she gave one more message. <I'm sorry for yelling and for the ba- for the rude assumption. Thanks for stopping despite that.>

Spira breathed a sign of relief. Things were returning to its usual buzz… "I still wonder why no one took charge… Maybe… Maybe its my turn to be leader until Favian comes back? But… But that kinda sounds hard, and maybe Favian will be back soon anyways! It'll kinda look dumb of me to take charge when he's only going to come back. Still… If I didn't take action like I did just now…"

All this thinking was making Spira's head hurt, she liked acting on her actions best. With the adrenaline from earlier fading, Spira began to feel the pain of her injuries. No matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't remember how she got them. "I hope it becomes night soon, maybe if I bathe in the moonlight I'll get better faster. Erm. Assuming I can move enough to even get outside."

Wait. Outside? OUTSIDE! She looked around her and noticed some freshly hatched eggs she hadn't seen since she was last at the cave littered around the cave floor. Suddenly she was having a sense of deja vu and the thought "why didn't I think of this sooner!" There's danger outside, and with no Favian to nag and nag about it all who knows what could happen to the hatchlings! What poor timing for Spira to realize all this and NOT be able to do anything about it! She raised both paws to cover her face "I think this is how Favian must of felt when he got his leg crippled."

Really, there was nothing she could do about the hatchlings outside no matter how worried she was. Granted, a part of her was saying "they'll be fine" and "I honestly don't care much, I haven't even seen them let alone know them" but a bubbling sense of responsibility was starting to take over her. Perhaps this was what is known as motherly instincts? NAH, who is she kidding?

Overhearing Lineheart and Aerix speaking a name she hadn't heard in a long time, Spira saw a familiar face. Bathory had changed a lot since she last saw her years ago when they were just hatchlings. <Bathory? Bathory! Is that really you!> Although like all the other dragons Spira didn't know Bathory very well, she was never the less relieved to see another -sensible- dragon that was in her age group.

user posted image

Finally! Rita was almost to the surface. Well, 3/4ths of the way, but still. Just then she saw a black hatchling fall into the pool and she stopped and stared in horror. "That one looks like it's in trouble! He/she doesn't look like me or that blue hatchlings and above all HE?SHE?GAH- IT HAS NO FINS. Like, anywhere on the body." It had took her all her patience to get from the bottom to where she was now and now another thing is falling through in the pool! Really? Seriously! It was like this place was crazy in the head or something! There was no way she was going to go down and try to save it, even if she did it would be a waste of time and energy. She… She wouldn't be able to save it in time anyways. She's too slow.

Suddenly she saw that blue dragon dash through the water and save the poor black hatchling! Breathing a sigh of relief Rita continued onwards to the surface. Seeing as that black dragon was from the surface, they would probably go back up. Probably really soon too. Rita grunted to herself in annoyance, "Bet I'll reach the surface AFTER they do."

user posted image

"O-oh. Okay. Just… Just let me know- that is, find me later on if there's anything I can do. I'll be going then. Good luck… Rien bowed and left, heading for the cave. Honestly, she didn't want to leave, she wanted to stay and help make things better, to understand one another. To get back her feeling of paranoia so that it wouldn't burden Alvi anymore. To return the… Well "friendliness" back to its owner. Not that Rien wasn't friendly, just that she would tend to go over the top. "Despite enjoying the current me." "I just want things to go back to how it was…"

Her tummy growled at her, angry as to why it hasn't been fed yet. She'd been shown how to pounce on small animals, like the rabbits and squirrels and such. Despite the good lessons her Mother taught her, she wasn't physically strong and always had to rely on her vines for any sort of attacking. She never liked having to see her vines squeeze the life out of her prey. It was a good thing she felt more comfortable anyways hunting via the ground. That way she wouldn't have to see the life getting squeezed out. Rien tunneled her way into the soft, familiar ground. She never felt more at home than in the dirt- she could even sleep comfortably in it! When she would choose a nice sunny patch, to her the underground felt more relaxing than usual and warm. The second warmest place there is, the most warmest place being beside her Mommy.

Suddenly there was a tug at one of her vines sticking out of the ground. By instinct, Rien's vines wrapped around the small prey's throat choking it. There was a lot of squeaking and screeching by the poor animal, tormenting the poor hatchling. Getting food seems a lot for harder for her at the moment- she even almost stopped squeezing the little animal's neck! Not that she can't do so with her vines, just that mentally it getting taxing on her. "Must be the effects of the swap I guess… Huh, thats another good thing about the real me I guess." Then another thing hit her. "What if one day I accidentally mistake another DRAGON for food through my vines? Oh no… I uh… I guess I should be careful not to hunt while others are around!" At this thought she felt her vines drop her prey. Frantically Rien used her sense of vibration to locate where the animal was escaping to and fortunately for Rien, was able to catch up to it and finish strangling it.

Rien went up to the surface, at her first meal of the day, and tunneled once more into the ground. This time she decided to tuck her vines in so she could tunnel her way to the birth cave. Every time Rien had to stop and rest though, her vines involuntarily crept out and poked through the dirt, waiting for anything foolish enough to come near. And every time Rien realized that her vines had crept out, she sighed and kept on moving until the next time she had to stop and forgot about her vines.

Edited by Taleena Fuka

user posted image

The hatchling was still looking around for the thing he had tried to befriend, in vain.

I'm sorry if I scared you, please come back... Wait a minute.

The hatchling moved his tail around a few times and put together that the thing he tried to make friends with was, in fact, himself.

I can't be friends with me, so I should go find someone else to be friends with.

In a way, the ochredrake was happy be had not tried to befriend an actual dragon that way; what would they think? What the people he might befriend thought of him was very important; he wanted friends more than anything since he had hatched. If he couldn't befriend anyone, why even bother?

Before he could think of what might happen if nobody wanted to be his friend, he had walked straight out of the area of the cave where the eggs were organized and was observing what was happening. He could now see many dragons. They were as varied as the many eggs he had seen.

Some of these dragons seem a bit weird, but they're probably nice. Maybe I'll make some friends!

He went up to the first dragon he saw, which was black as midnight, aside from some bright patches. He had no idea how he knew what midnight was, let alone how to compare it to something, but he did know that midnight was very dark.

This dark dragon was very strange compared to himself. Not only was it bigger than him, but it also had no front legs, and hatched with wings. When he noted this, he realized he had no idea what wings were.

For the first time in his life, the hatchling spoke.

"Hello!"

Edited by Coryn02

user posted image

"I, uh...

Clem didn't respond to Michiru. She was too busy staring wide eyed at the strange pale mature hatchling at the mouth of the cave. She looked... rather menacing. Her dusty scarlet wings made her skin looked even more pale.

"Do you know where any edible leaves are, Michiru?" Clem called as she tried to ignore the scary hatchling. "I don't remember seeing anything when mum took me out here."

user posted image

Feeling Kurai settle on her and not struggle gave Aysu both hope that he knew that she was helping, but also an odd fear that maybe she was not being fast enough. She wanted to swim as fast as she did when she dove down, but doing so would only have the newborn slip right off her back. It was with a huge effort that she slowed her pace just enough and tilted her assent so that he would not fall.

Breaking the waterline was done smoothly, but she wasted no time in moving to dry ground. Pulling herself up once more as she had done before this whole panic educing situation and then tilting her body so that Kurai slid off her. Soft worried coos and chirps were emitted almost without her consent as she nudged the side if his cheek. "Kurai, what happened? You okay?"

Almost vaguely Aysu noted that she had passed the younger water hatchling while rushing to get Kurai to the surface, but the Seawyrm was doing so oddly slow. Well, Aysu would just have to question the hatchling when the other reached the surface and once Aysu made sure that Kurai was alright. That and she had pulled herself up on shore near the Lurker. Well if there was going to be an issue with that end it would have to wait hopefully. More food as a peace offering for getting near perhaps? 'After Kurai is okay. Gotta get another for the Seawyrm too, think I lost it.'

user posted image

Medea's claws griped into the ground as best they could when the Magi somehow made the cavern tremble. This power the other hatchling held was indeed very interesting. The light show as he talked, switching of powers, and now shaking of the ground? 'Yes, he is one to watch indeed,' Medea mused to herself with an air of amusement.

She could not fully shake the amusement off even as Rakushun once more started to speak. However, Medea did tilt her head a little on the cryptic words of a 'treachery' that awaited in the future. Mouth half open as she was about to state some smart-tailed comment on the dangers that many could and have faced, but the Magi laid down. Eyes blinking for a moment as she watched him and then the hideous thing that he created when he spoke before.

Medea stopped looking to Rakushun once she figured that he was finished, to tired to do anymore as she was sometimes with her own powers. Yet this blob thing was not going away like the things done before. Attention focused to it as it moved around for a few moments as if it was lost and then shooting towards her. Lips curled back and a snarl sounded as Medea stepped back, instinct demanding she use her powers to blow the thing away with a strong gale. Yet nothing happened. Wings spread out as she lifted from the ground in stead, but not before the thing grabbed at her hind-leg when she turned to fly out. Whatever the creature was made out of was sticky enough that it held on as she flew high over the treetops, making dips here and there to try and make it let go. It only doing so when she dipped just enough where the top of a tree clipped the glob, sticking it to the tree and leaving behind residue on her left hind-leg.

((The Glob of DOOM!! *Coughs* And I will post with Medea again tomorrow with her going to the Birthing-Cave I guess.))

user posted image

Kurai barely felt that he was on something hard, and was out of the water. He still couldn't move, and his lungs and throat still burned. Although, the pain was somewhat less, now that water wasn't all around him, pouring into his lungs. Kurai wanted to do something, anything, than just lay there unmoving, mentally writhing in pain.

"Kurai, what happened? You okay?"

Kurai heard this as a very faint echo. He wanted so badly to respond, but couldn't move. He still couldn't breathe. Aaaugh!!! Why can't I move?! Why do I hurt still?! I need to tell Aysu I'm OK. But it hurts, so badly... Heck, I want to pounce on Aysu and give her a huge hug! I can't even open my eyes!!! How am I supposed to tell her I'm OK?! Kurai raged. He tried desperately to move, to breathe, and made a tiny cough. Triumphant, he tried again. A slightly larger, louder cough that chained into a small series. Kurai tried as hard as he could to cough, getting louder harder each cough. Yes! Kurai didn't know how he knew, but he knew that by coughing, he was getting the water out and would soon be able to breathe. Kurai was triumphant... So far.

user posted image

The Cavern Lurker pulled back as the blue creature appeared with the black one in tow. The blue one made some sounds and then the black one started to cough. The hatchling herself just stood and watched, blinking slowly at the two of them. There was something wrong with the black one, she was sure of it. Why would it want to fall into the pool if it had been normal?

The coughing from the black creature was grating on her nerves, its sound irritating her and making her cringe at the same time. Flicking her tongue out, the Cavern Lurker hatchling stalked around the black creature, tail dragging behind her. She kept her gaze on the creatures face, eyes wide as she watched it continue to cough.

Why did it fall into the water? Why is it now coughing? What is wrong with it?

user posted image

Astra jumped as a quiet, chirpy voice said a word: "Hello!". 'Oh! Hey, whoever you are!' she replied, before standing up straight and looking at the hatchling that had greeted her. It was smaller than her and, well, rather cute actually. She decided that it must have hatched a very short while ago from the confused way it looked around, so she decided that it was down to her to introduce this hatchling to the world. First things first: Names! 'I'm Astra, what's your name? Have you decided it yet?' she asked, before deciding that it needed a bit more explanation. 'Names are, well, what you call yourself. And what others call you. They're very useful, so you should probably think one up sooner rather than later!'.

Then, something occurred to her. How did she know her name straight away? Not only that, but she also knew loads of other things when she'd first hatched. How had this happened? She decided that it wasn't worth thinking about and returned her gaze to the small hatchling. 'So, go on! What's your name?' she asked for the second time.

user posted image

The hatchling was greeted by the other dragon.

'Oh! Hey, whoever you are! I'm Astra, what's your name? Have you decided it yet?'

After a short pause, she then explained a bit about names. The hatchling could tell that this dragon was female, but how he had no idea. He just knew. The same way he knew that this place was made of rock...

How do I know all these things? I just got here, I should know nothing. But I do know things...

'Names are, well, what you call yourself. And what others call you. They're very useful, so you should probably think one up sooner rather than later!'.

Names? That reminds me of something... Did I ever get a name? Maybe... Wait, I think I can remember something. In my egg... My family named me before they disappeared. Yes, I remember! My name is...

"Demetrio."

This dragon he was now speaking to was different from some of the others he could now see, and he wanted to know what it was, exactly. But he didn't want to come off as rude.

"I'm not trying to be rude, but what are you, exactly?"

user posted image

So, the dragon was called Demetrio! Astra thought for a second about the name and was going to speak, when the other dragon asked her a question: "I'm not trying to be rude, but what are you, exactly?" It was an odd question, and Astra had to think about it before she answered. 'Well, I'm not sure exactly what I am... I'm just, well, myself. I haven't seen anyone like me before, as most of the others are bigger, or smaller, or a different colour, or a different shape. Mostly a combination of those, actually. So I guess I'm just, well, me. A hatchling.' Astra couldn't exactly answer the question well. After all, it wasn't something she was used to being asked.

'Maybe there are others though?' she said, quietly. 'I don't just mean other hatchlings. I mean dragons, like parents-' Parents. It was a slightly weird word, as it was not one that she had heard or said much... '-to look after us. I mean, we're hatchlings! We can't just be expected to survive, right?' she shut up quickly though. She didn't want this hatchling thinking that she was crazy, after all! She decided just to say something more normal: 'Demetrio. That's a nice name.' she said, and then smiled.

((Finally have time to write this post! Wheeeee!))

"R-Rien? What about her?" What? How does she know? I didn't say anything about Rien, right? Maybe she's just guessing! Yeah, she must be! Maybe she noticed that I spend a lot of time with Rien! Inside, Kalana knew that Skylene hadn't been "just guessing". She didn't live at the cave, and Skylene was a caring friend who wouldn't just use random guesses at something personal. "Um... No! She isn't in trouble at all! Definitely!" Oh no, oh no, oh no... What did I just do... I sounded so unconvincing, now Skylene will know that soemthing's up! Stopping midstep, she stopped moving forward, struggling to figure out how to go back on what she said.

((I apologize for the short and low quality-ness. I'm still quite busy and just managed to find the time to write this. Feather, Lou, and Azre's will be written when I can find another opening.))

user posted image

Astra went a bit ranty as Demetrio listened. It was interesting to hear what she had to say. Just like the eggs in the cave, none of the dragons were quite the same. She also mentioned that there were no adult dragons around.

No parent dragons? So my parents are really gone? Why did they leave me? Didn't they love me?

These thoughts bounced around in his head. If his parents are gone, was there nobody like him? Was he the only one of his kind?

Of course not! There are other dragons, so some of them are bound to be like me! I can feel it!

"Actually, my parents gave me my name." Demetrio said when Astra was done talking. "I don't know where they went, though..."

One day they stopped coming. Why did they stop coming all of a sudden? Would they just leave like that?

Demetrio didn't quite get the sort of answer he was looking for when he referred to what Astra was. But that probably wasn't important; he didn't need to know. But there was something he did need to know... He came into the world looking for a friend. Was Astra going to be his first friend?

"Will you be my friend?" Demetrio asked.

user posted image

Aysu's head jerked back as Kurai started to violently cough, but she quickly got over her shock and started to coo and nuzzle the newborn once more. "Breathe, it's okay," she cooed out as she leaned more to one side so that she could use one fin to rub at newborn's back. Logically she knew that it was the water that he was trying to get out, that what was normal for her to be able to breathe in was harmful to these other hatchlings in some ways. Yet she did not know what to do to really help him feel better. Only to stay here and make sure he was alright and able to breathe, cooing and comforting.

However, she did look up in hopes that one of the other older hatchlings had noticed what was going on near the Birthing-Pool. A hope that one of these hatchlings would be one of the 'healers' that she heard talk about, but the only one she saw was the Lurker. Others still going about doing whatever and almost blissfully unaware that a newborn almost drowned. A sudden and brief flash of pure rage flashed through her towards the other hatchlings, but it was overwhelmed soon enough as she looked towards the Lurker. A weak smile given as at least this one was worried and this newborn was a feisty little gal. Grateful sound was unwittingly emitted as she craned her neck in hopes of trying to give a nuzzle to the Lurker, but doing so slowly to not startle. If the motion was unwanted then Aysu would just lay her head across Kurai's back as her fin kept up it's motion of rubbing.

user posted image

Astra stood and listened to what the young dragon had to say, her head slightly on its side. The statement that 'its parents had named it' got her thinking. Maybe that was how she knew her name, and all of these words? Her parents had told her when she was in her egg? That made sense in her mind. She felt quite relieved at having seemingly solved this mystery, so it wouldn't bug her in the future.

A more understandable question this time: "Will you be my friend?" Astra was pleased that this young dragon trusted her, and thought him quite interesting, so she answered happily: 'Yes, okay - I'll be your friend.' Though it did seem an odd thing to tell someone, she guessed it made sense. They were friends now, and they could trust each other. Answering that question had confirmed it. She grinned, but her teeth sticking out slightly made this look and feel odd, so she shut her mouth and smiled normally instead. 'So, what do you want to do?' she asked the smaller hatchling. 'We could go hunting, but there are big, scary things out there and it's dangerous. I think it would be best to find a nice hatchling to get some food for us, as I'm pretty hungry - I haven't eaten for a day now.'

user posted image

"Huh? Oh… Uh, now that I think about it, I don't think I've been outside much since I hatched. But… Lets try that bush over there!" Michiru was completely unaware of the other dragon, all she noticed was Clem getting pale and that was all she cared about. "She wouldn't start whatever caused that sickness earlier would she? I-I won't allow it!" She tugged on Clem's paw towards the bush excitingly, hoping that her energy would affect Clem on a positive way.

user posted image

And just as she guessed, the blue dragon and land dragon made it to the surface before she did. However Rita did not surface. She circled just below the surface, the "forbidden" area she decided to label it for now, that she only went to for emergencies. She looked up expectantly at the blue dragon and the others, suddenly shy that she was so close to actually speaking to others for once.

user posted image

Rien tunneled and tunneled til she started to feel the vibrations of many others' present above ground. Deciding it was a bad idea to be underground now, she dug back up and rested her head and front paws from the entrance of her hole while the rest of her body stayed in what remained of her hole. She could see the cave entrance in front of her now, and scanned for her mother from afar. "She's… Not here."

Edited by Taleena Fuka

user posted image

"O-Okay," Clem called as Michiru dragged her away. She gave one more worried glance at the pale hatchling before being dragged into the bushes by Michiru.

"Do you have any idea on what we should be looking for?" Clem asked as the pale hatchling disappeared from sight.

"I wasn't really thinking about food whenever I was out here." Clem continued. "I think someone who would enjoy eating leaves would be able to tell what is good to eat and not good to eat. But I don't really care for leaves. My mum gave me this really juicy fruit one time. I don't remember what it was called, but it was really yummy. Whenever I think about eating, I think of a fruit, not a leaf. So, I don't think I have any idea on what leaves are edible."

Feather, who was only half asleep, was quickly awakened by Hibki's loud snoring. "Eh? Wazzat?" Like the whiptail next to her, she was still in a dreamy state. But Hibiki's next words quickly snapped her back to reality. What? Cutie? Did he just call me cutie?! Confusion and excitement swamped Feather, but she was quickly interrupted when Hibiki started nuzzling, smothering her in the process. As she struggled to free herself, a playful laugh escaped Feather. "Eek! Hibiki, stop it! I can barely breathe!"

user posted image

Demetrio beamed at Astra. He had made a friend! He had someone to relate to now! Someone to do things with! The ochredrake was bursting with excitement.

'So, what do you want to do? We could go hunting, but there are big, scary things out there and it's dangerous. I think it would be best to find a nice hatchling to get some food for us, as I'm pretty hungry - I haven't eaten for a day now.'

Food... What is food again? It's important, but I honestly don't know anything about it... What does it do?

"Um, what is food, exactly?"

While he was saying this, out of the corner of his eye he noticed a bigger dragon near the entrance of the cave. It was huge and pale in color with large teeth and small wings. It looked so strange, but Demetio put it out of his mind.

He then added, "If you need some, then let's get some."

user posted image

As she began to tire, Azre stopped rearranging eggs and plopped down onto her bottom, staring blankly at the cave's wall. I wonder why nobody else is fixing the eggs... Maybe I heard the loud voice wrong? Oh no, nonononononono, I made a mistake and now everyone will hate me! No! But... Maybe nobody's noticed yet! I'll... I'll go and find Kurai again, and follow him so I seem normal! Leaving the egg she had been rolling on its side, Azre toddled back to where she had seen Kurai and the scary dark-purple hatchling. Unfortunately, she instead found an injured-looking Kurai, along with a bigger hatchling who seemed to be trying to take care of him. The scary hatchling was there as well, but was a little farther away. Mistaking his questioning expression as one of fear, Azre suddenly decided that he wasn't so scary. The knowledge that he, too could be scared made Azre feel like he was just like her, and Kurai, which in turn, made her feel safer. Changing direction so she could talk to him, the sunstone stopped a few steps in front of him. "Hawo. What you name?" Not waiting for a reply, Azre continued. "What happen? Why Kuwai hurt?"

Edited by KoalaNoob

user posted image

Disregarding Lineheart's last comment, Aerix paid a great deal of attention to her ignoring his insult. He had expected a vexed and defensive reply from the Pink, and felt strangely irritated and upset without a response. The apathy displayed to his affront was incomprehensible to the Bleeding Moon.

What's wrong with her?... he wondered.

With most of his back pain becoming bearable, his instinct was to leave the Birthcave. He admitted to himself that his original plan of getting the antidote had failed, but he realized how little he actually cared. The satisfaction of battering Sierra had made up for any lost time. From his upright position he leaned forward, his hands planted firmly on the ground, forearms supporting his upper body weight. Shifting to normal posture, he took a few steps forward, testing his stability.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

user posted image

What is food? After Demetrio asked her that, Astra almost laughed, before remembering that this was a new-born hatchling that she was talking to. 'Food is very, very important. It's what makes you live - your body needs it. I don't know why, but without it, you feel hungry, then tired, then you die. I feel hungry and a bit tired at the moment, so I think I need some - though I may only be tired because I prefer the night to the day, though at night it's very lonely. Oh, and you eat it.' she added. 'I once found some, but a bigger hatchling took it. I was going to share it around, but...' she shook her head. 'I think it would have hurt me it I did...' she frowned upon thinking about the big, two-headed hatchling. 'Anyway, the normal way to get food is either to kill smaller animals and eat them, or to eat plants. I haven't tried eating any plants before, so I don't actually know what they taste like... but I have eaten other animals before, so we should probably go with that.'

She started walking out the cave, wondering if, together, it would be easier to catch an animal, and whether they may be able to catch one of those fast little creatures, like the ones in the trees.

user posted image

Kurai was happy that the water was pouring out of his lungs until he realized something was wrong. Something was stuck in his throat. He could barely breathe. Still. Using his tiny supply of energy, he moved his paw to where the object was in his throat. Aysu, help me breathe!

"What happen? Why Kuwai hurt?" Kurai heard his friend, the Red, say. Kurai tried to reply, but couldn't. He screamed in frustration, but only a tiny squeak came out as he used the last of his energy and newfound oxygen, passing out entirely.

user posted image

The Cavern Lurker hatchling froze as the blue creature moved towards her, tail flicking nervously. This creature was much bigger than her, like the other pink one, and she didn't want to make it act aggressive towards her. She was small and wouldn't be able to defend herself.

"Hawo. What you name? What happen? Why Kuwai hurt?

Turning her head away from the blue creature, the hatchling stared at the red creature with the large stone at the end of its tail. The noises it made sounded...clearer, maybe? The Cavern Lurker hatchling didn't understand what was said, but some of the sounds indicated towards something.

What is...name? What is....happen? Is 'name' important or is 'happen' more important? What do they mean? I know that they mean something, they have to...

Her thoughts were cut off, however, when the struggling black creature seemed to notice something. Casting her gaze on it, the hatchling sauntered up to the creatures face, eyes narrowed in thought. The creature then squeaked, surprising her for a second, before seemingly going limp. Flicking her tongue out and hissing quietly, she tilted her head and tried to figure out why it was doing such weird things.

While they do seem rather weird, this behavior is too different from the others. Either this creature is different like myself, or something is wrong with it. From the way the others are acting, something is wrong with it. What though....It had touched its throat beforehand. Does that mean anything at all? The creature started all of this after eating the shiny long things...so...is the shiny long thing stuck?

The thought that the thing that she herself had eaten had gotten stuck was rather troublesome to the Cavern Lurker hatchling. Raising her head and glancing between the blue creature and the red creature, she let out a soft rumble of sound, wondering if they knew anything about it all.