SpiritWolfe

• The Plagued Earth •

user posted image

Stop making sounds! Stop it! You're doing nothing, just making noises with no meanings! Stop it, stop it, stop it!

Before the Cavern Lurker could screech again, the other creature dashed around her. She snapped her jaws together and whirled around, following its path with narrowed eyes. When it hid behind the shape, the shape she was helping, she was absolutely furious. Now it was bringing the shape into the fight!?

Slowly, as if she was stalking the other creature, she backed up from the shape and started to circle around it, glaring at the creature. She was not going to hurt the shape, the reason she was doing anything at all was to help the shapes, but teaching the creature a lesson required it to be close to her. That meant that the shape needed to not be in-between her and the creature.

Snarling and hissing, the tip of her tail lashed back and forth, her frustration at the creatures utter refusal to attack her and just making noises radiating off of her.

She was going to hurt this creature. It was even more annoying than that other creature, the one that yelled at her for no reason, and it needed to understand that it had just made a bad decision messing with her. All she had done was tell it to be quiet and it had talked back. It was the creature's fault and she wanted it to understand that.

A part of her also realized that, if she hurt it, it will probably feel just like the shapes did when the things inside broke out.

user posted image

The Waterhorse paddled through the gently churning water sedatedly, trailing slowly after the Shallow Water before him. He jerked out of his peaceful reverie when his companion spat out his words of disgust.

"What is it, Kirk?" he asked, titling his head. What could possibly be wrong with this mystical heaven they had found?

The glimmering stars sparkled across the inky black water, catching his limited attention. "OoOoh~ " he cooed, soothed by the gorgeous lights.

---

user posted image

The vampire shivered in the light, the beams piercing her thin scales. She winced, and squeezed her eyes into sits.

It's way too bright. Why didn't I stay inside?

Bathory sighed, and shuffled her wings around her frame. The events of the previous night, her fear and her confusion, were still imprinted on her mind. For the first time in her life, the night was terrifying. She didn't want to be like that again, out of control of her mind and emotions. She wasn't herself, and she knew it.

She shuddered again, her eyes growing dull and emotionless.

I.. I might try to go back to the Birth Cave

She shook her head silently.

After all, I didn't make it yesterday.

She stepped forward, hesitant.

Seeing them all again might make me feel better.

She lifted her wings, ready to leap into the air. Just before she did, wings thrashing against the crisp blue air, she stopped. Memories from the first week of her life flooded back; the teasing, the tears, the arguments. It was chaos.

She shivered again, smoke curling from her pale skin. The light was blackening her delicate, circular scales, parallel to the darkening of her mind.

She reflected dully on the hatchlings at the birth cave; how they thought and acted and cared for eachother. Granted, things might have gotten better over the years. Might have.

If they hadn't she might go back just to try to fix things. She wasn't the best negotiator, but she might remind them of the days they had before, and the friendships they wrecked.

She grimaced, and spread her wings again.

Don't be pessimistic. I'm sure the cave is fine, they have Favian and Sera with them.

With a quick scampering run-up, she leapt into the air. The fragile membrane of her wings swelled against the rush of air, the cool breeze brushing softly against her burned skin. She exhaled quietly, closing her eyes. A faint smile teased her lips, and she steered herself towards the towering mountains above the cave of her hatching.

user posted image

"There's slime on my tail!" Kirk barked as he tried to wipe off the oozing splat on his tail. "It's so slimy! Ugh..." Kirk let out a multitude of disgusted sounds as he tried to wipe the slime off of him. Each time he tried to wipe it off, the more it got over his body. His claws that tried to scrape off the goo began plastered in it themselves. In one attempt to get the slime off of him, Kirk had wiped it on his chest. The result was not satisfying. Kirk's chest was now greasy and his scales glistened with a cloudy ooze.

"Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew!" he cried as he dunked himself under water and scraped at the slime in an attempt to get rid of it. But yet, it persisted to stay and Kirk hadn't the slightest clue on how to get rid of it.

"Wobble! Help me get rid of this!" Kirk yelled as he furiously tried to get rid of the goo covering him.

user posted image

Kurai trembled in fear and confusion as the hatchling tried to circle the egg. Kurai did the same, then leapt over the egg and onto the hatchling. He stood there a few seconds and then jumped behind it.

"I said, I no want ow you!" By now, Kurai was more angry than afraid. "You WANT ow?? You WANT fight?!" Kurai asked in disbelief.

"I no fight. You no ow. All happy." Kurai looked around, then back. "You want egg? You want egg into water? There are lots around, but why put into water?" Kurai asked quietly. Kurai sat in front of the egg.

"I no want ow you, but soon, you no give me choice. Please... Stop." Kurai said. He stared at the Hatchling with pleading eyes. "Please. So we can be friends." Wait... "Can you talk? I Kurai. What you?"

((OOC: Sorry for somewhat short posts... X3 Will try to do better.))

((Repost...))

user posted image

The berry released refreshing juices in Nio's mouth. He savored the flavors of the berry and it's juice as his ate the one berry in three bites. He got back on his two feet and looked around. He hear someone mention 'food'. Food? That sounds like something good! Nio looked in the direction of the word's origin and saw a Black hatchling facing a Sunstone hatchling. Maybe they know! He waddled over to talk to them. He used some of the rocks to support him as he awkwardly waddled in their direction. Nio didn't notice the small rock in front of his which tripped him. Instead of just falling over, he rolled and landed on the black hatchling's tail. The impact made Nio yelp.

((Since that happened before and Kurai has had posts after that, you might want to change it to something about Kurai to noticing.))

user posted image

The Cavern Lurker hatchling hissed and withered around when the creature leaped on her, but, before she could hurt it, it was gone. Scrambling back to her feet, she glowered at it as it stood in front of her shape.

The sounds were becoming more piercing and irritating, and her mind seemed to want to make sense of it. Shaking her head in frustration, she let out a small screech, tongue flickering out for a second.

The creature didn't look as angry or frustrated as before now. Snapping her jaws together, mind working, the Cavern Lurker hatchling stared at the creature. She had wanted to hurt it and teach it a lesson, but the creature was most definitely against it. Of course, she could just jump it and continue this all, but...the shape.

The creature was in front of her shape, which drew her gaze. This whole predicament was putting the shape in danger, not to mention the immense amount of pain it was going to get once the thing inside got out. She was wasting her time, but part of her wanted to continue. It was just like with the other creature, with her not wanting to stop trying to be more dominant than it. She had decided that the shape was more important then, so she should do the same now.

Hissing softly, she lowered her belly to the floor, eyes on the shape. She wanted the creature to move away from it. If it did, then she'll leave it alone. She'll even leave it alone if it continued to make so much noise.

The safety of the shapes were more important than the creatures or even her feelings. None of the creatures have tried to stop her so far, so maybe they weren't so bad. Maybe they were just lazy or dumb.

Probably very stupid and lazy.

user posted image

Nio laid on his stomach sore from the fall. He picked up his head when he heard a voice calling. It was loud and seemed to grab other's attention. Getting up and re-balancing himself, Nio forgot about the hatchling mentioning food and waddled over to the Pink with the loud voice. He sat at attention and sat down in front of her and thought about what she said. He spoke up,

"Help?"

The word felt odd as Nio spoke for the first time. It was an interesting experience that made his spine shake in anticipation to talk more.

((The posts will get longer as he does more. Sorry...))

user posted image

Yelling, that is what she heard. The pink hatchling, the one she had thought momentarily was her parent when she first hatched, was screaming at everyone. She was giving orders to everyone and whipping her head back and forth as she gave orders. Clem didn't notice that no one was listening to the pink hatchling. She was too busy being terrified by all of the loud voices. Her need, her craving for her mother grew just as the voices did. Her crying and wails of pain and sorrow grew in comparison to the sounds around her. Nothing was making her feel better, absolutely nothing. Her tears continued to be shed as she crawled into a ball and stated to bawl.

user posted image

Turning around to face Kurai's voice, she found the friendly black hatchling sitting and waiting for her. Walking over to him in small, unsteady steps, she sat down next to Kurai and chirped, "Okay!" What she had expected to be hard was simple, not challenging in the slightest. Copying worked almost every time. "Loud voice mean new fwiends? I no think. Think loud voice mean tell do thing." What did the loud voice say? Something about big hatchlings hunting? And newborns picking up eggs? I'm a newborn! So I have to pick up eggs? Turning away from Kurai, Azre toddled over to the overturned eggs, and in doing so, missed Kurai's fight with Mers. Pick up? That mean put them back to normal? Cautiosly rolling an egg back onto it's base, she waited a few seconds to check if anyone would get mad at her. Nothing. So she trotted over to another and did the same. Azre kept repeating this simple process, at it was what she had been told to do and wasn't getting her in any trouble.

Lineheart looked down at the new hatchling when it approached. Most of the others seemed to be ignoring her, though some seemed to be helping. One pair, two black colored hatchlings, looked like they were about to get in a fight.

"You, go over there and help pick up those eggs." She said to the one in front of her.

Then she strode over to the two black hatchlings. One of them was covered in purple spots and quite small. It appeared to be guarding an egg. Lineheart picked up the egg and the hatchling. The former she placed in front of the other black hatchling.

"Take this over to the pile of other eggs." She said, pointing.

Then she turned her attention to the hatchling in her claw. It was a tiny thing, not even the size of the egg it had been rolling. And it seemed agitated.

"You, calm down. Help the others clean up the eggs. And be nice." She put it back down facing the eggs and gave it a stern look.

Lineheart still had more to do. Clem was crying for some reason, and that needed fixed. She walked over to her and sat by her nest.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

She did her best to sound soothing, but was certain she had simply come off demanding and rude.

"Hey. Calm down." She said, doing better this time, "Since there aren't many of the older hatchlings here right now. I need anyone who isn't a newborn to help. And you're certainly one of the smartest. I need you to calm down so that we can have this place all ready for when your mommy comes back, okay?"

Lineheart wasn't sure her words would help, but they were the best she could muster. And she really did need Clem's help. She couldn't do everything on her own.

user posted image

Clem looked up from her curled ball as Lineheart marched up to her and stared speaking. It made sense, Clem did want to the place to look good for mama. But...

"Are you sure mum is coming back?" Clem whined. "She didn't come back yesterday, and bad things happened. I...I don't know if she's ever coming back." The mere thought of never seeing her mother again made Clem shake with sobs. She couldn't handle that! She had known her mother her entire life. It was her mother's face that she saw first and it was her mother that stuck so close to Clem and gave her joy. Knowing that she was gone forever broke Clem's little heart.

"What about Sunder?" Clem asked, tears brimming down her checks. "He... he's gone. He's gone and it's my fault. What am I suppose to do? What am I suppose to do...."

"You're mommy will be back. He wouldn't just abandon everyone." Lineheart said reassuringly.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know about Sunder. But I promise, as soon as we get everything in order, we'll send out search parties to find anyone who is missing." And she meant it.

There were several hatchlings who were only a few days old that had left the cave and still weren't back. And Favian was missing. Lineheart knew he cared about them all, and he wouldn't just leave for no reason. And if it were at all possible, he would return. But it was still a good idea to find him, especially if he had gotten into trouble.

user posted image

Kurai snorted at the Pink. "I was about to do that anyway." Kurai started rolling the egg to a group of eggs nearby. The egg was a bit heavy, and Kurai had quite a bit of trouble rolling it.

(OOC: Short post is VERY short. Sorry... Not very inspirational atm. I'll do something much better later.)

Edited by Lilac_Lily

user posted image

Clem thought about this for a moment. She wasn't sure when, but mother would come back, right? Lineheart said they had to prepare the cave for her. Didn't that mean she was coming back? It had to! What else could it mean? Then there was Sunder. Clem wasn't sure what to think about him. He had touched her and ran away. Lineheart said they would find him and Favian, but Clem wasn't so sure what to think about it. After a moment of hesitation, Clem spoke.

"A-All right, w-what is it that you n-need me to do?"

"Can you go outside and gather some leaves in case some of the other hatchlings don't like meat? If you need you can ask someone else to assist you." Lineheart said, standing.

Content that Clem had something to hold her attention for the moment, Lineheart was prepared to move on to other tasks. The first thing that needed done was the eggs. Until those were all placed in their proper positions and everyone had food, nothing else mattered. Aysu was getting fish for the carnivores, Clem and whoever else were going to get leaves, and everyone else could clean up the mess that had been made of the eggs. Lineheart walked over to the eggs and began righting them, ,oving them into what she hoped were comfortable positions for the unhatched dragons inside.

user posted image

The translucent, creamy-pale membrane of the Vampire's wings tilted, slicing through the chilly air like a knife. Her body twisted with oft-practiced ease, and she plummeted beneath the clouds. A few freeing seconds of glorious, heart-pounding freefall brought her just above the entrance to the birth cave. The ground below was comfortingly familiar. Bathory sighed happily, and flashed a quick, small smile. "Look, dum****. The cave seems fine," she murmured to herself. She pumped her wings swiftly, and swiveled her body towards the ground. Her wings circled her closer and closer to the earth below, her shadow skimming lightly over the tops of the trees. "I'm sure... I'm sure it'll be just fine... " she whispered. She brushed away a flicker of uncertainty, and plunged downwards.

The air whistled more and more quietly as she drew nearer to the ground, the forest dulling the sharp noise of the wind. Her talons touched down on the soft grass near the boulders cluttered around the entrance, and her paws pressed gently into the muddy dirt. Bathory stood silently, staring at the dark entrance of the cave.

I promised I'd never go back, to keep them safe.

She squeezed her glittering eyes shut, tears pricking painfully behind her closed lids.

Plus, they were always so loud and... and violent. They made me do.. terrible, awful things.

She glanced nervously over her shoulder at the quiet forest, the sounds of the angered bear still ringing in her ears through the barriers of time and memory.

The pale hatchling sucked in a shaky breath, and shook her head.

It's of no use to remember now, Bathory. That was a long time ago. You've changed, right? So, they must have also. Give them a chance.

Her head turned again to face the darkened entrance of the cave. The faint movements of a few bright shapes caught her eyes, and she started forward haltingly.

Give yourself a chance, okay?

She grimaced, and walked onward. Her breath rushed out from her lungs as the shady coolness of the cave, the oppressive sun gone from her back. Ebony claws clattered against a few loose stones as she stepped. Red eyes shifted and dilated, and the Vampire stifled a gasp.

Several hatchlings, none of which she recognized, were scattered around the cavern. All of them were breeds she had never seen before. At least, as far as she could tell. Her eyes picked up the blue, winged shape of something like Ashni, but the dimness and her faulty memory did not let her know for certain. She stared, confused, at the bright pink hatchlings near her.

The only dragon of that color I've ever seen was.. ugh, Narnun.

Bathory held back a shudder at the thought of the Arsani. The two hatchlings had not been on good terms last they met.

With any luck, these won't be so bad.

She glanced at them nervously.

They don't... seem so bad?

Edited by Ayesthine

user posted image

It was rather surprising being picked up by a much larger creature than herself without any warning. The Cavern Lurker hatchling wiggled around for a moment, tiny newborn claws ineffective, and then froze when the creature made some sounds.

"You, calm down. Help the others clean up the eggs. And be nice."

And then it looked at her before putting her back down towards the shapes. The other creatures were already moving around, as if they understood what the larger creature said and were doing it without question.

The creature left, moving off somewhere else, and the Cavern Lurker hatchling sat and stared at the sudden burst of action that surrounded her. The sudden change from everything being slow and just loud noises to this movement was a little confusing.

A lot of the creatures were moving the shapes up and around, as if they were trying to do something for them. She flicked her tongue out, mind working frantically to put together the input that was around her.

They're...placing them up? Why? Are they...making them comfortable?

This was a completely new development, since it meant that her original thoughts about the creatures were wrong. If they were trying to make the shapes comfortable, then that must mean that they knew the things inside them were going to get out. But...

Why not take them out, like I did?

What if she had been completely wrong? What if the things inside the shapes were supposed to come out? What if the things inside the shapes actually made the shapes feel better once they got out? What if she had been hurting them even more, thinking about taking them out forcefully!?

That...I'm wrong....I did wrong...

She was the one in the wrong. She was the one hurting the shapes, she was the one giving them more pain than they would have originally have gotten. She was wrong.

Trembling slightly, the Cavern Lurker hatchling lowered her belly to the ground and continued to watch all of the creatures move around. It took a few minutes, but she eventually tried to think over what the larger creature had said.

It must have said something that made sense, since everyone started to move around once they made those noises, so she had to try and understand. Narrowing her eyes, she moved every sound in her head around.

They didn't really connect to anything, since they seemed that they were just sounds, but the way the other creatures were acting was enough for her to understand.

The larger creature wanted everyone to move the shapes into more comfortable positions. Placing them in the moss nests and setting them up was what the creatures were doing, so...

I should help. I hurt a few of the shapes, so I should help the rest.

Standing up, the Cavern Lurker hatchling made her way to a few of the tipped shapes. Sniffing over them, she started to push them up with her snout, making sure they looked happy before moving on to the next one.

user posted image

Astra was back at the birthcave, and there were hatchlings everywhere, moving around and organizing the place. They were mostly as big as her or a little bit smaller, and were picking up eggs and placing them into nests. There was only one thing on her mind, however. Food! She looked around for someone she recognized, and saw no one. There was only one thing for it, then. She shouted: 'What's going on? What should I do?' And more quietly: 'And does anyone have any food? I haven't eaten for a day or so now and I'm starving.'

(OOC: She's a wyvern, wings and arms are the same thing)

"The poison! I need the antidote!" Aerix replied angrily.

He jerked back slightly from her bite, pulling her arm up with his. His strength was diminished, but he was still much older than Sierra and it only took a small effort. It did still take effort though, and in such a weakened state, Aerix wasn't sure he could put in much more.

Sierra

"You crazy idiot! What the heck do you mean? You expect me to understand your very specific explanation? In case you don't know, interrupting someone is not very polite. Especially when you interrupt them by tackling them! Get off me, you ignorant scaly pig!" Sierra shouted at him, not bothering to control her voice's volume. Snarling at him, she bit down as hard as she could on his arm, refusing to let go. She chewed on his arm,grinding her teeth into it.

((So you know, Sierra's voice at it's loudest is quite loud. It's based on my real life yelling, which is also quits loud. The rest of the cave probably won't hear clearly what she's shouting though. Her voice is loud, but not clear. Aerix can still hear her clearly though probably. Also, Sierra's probably not going to notice anything but the fight unless someone does something that attracts a lot of her attention.))

Edited by Silverphoenixx

(OOC: Welp, there is one way he can acquire an antidote)

Aerix cried out in pain, but he didn't let go. If Sierra wouldn't give him an antidote, he would simply have to extract one from her remains. Well, he'd have to find someone who knew how to do that, but they would be able to synthesize an antidote from Sierra's dead body. He rolled across her, smashing her with his weight as best he could as he did so. Then he brought her up over him and flung her towards the wall. He tried to get up to face her, but he was weak and slow, so it took him far too long. At best he would have been half up by the time she hit the wall.

user posted image

Clem gave a soft nod as Lineheart walked away. She needed to gather leaves for the herbivores. What sort of leaves did she need? How many could she carry? Where could she find the leaves? Who was she going to bring with her? Instantly, Clem's gaze landed on Michiru. She was Clem's friend, she'd help her, right?

"M-Michiru?" Clem asked, tears still staining her face and her voice still hoarse. "You'll come to gather leaves with me, right? Lineheart said... she said we have to. You'll come with me, right?" Clem wasn't sure as to why she was so sensitive to this. She knew her friend wouldn't leave her. So why did she feel as though she'd leave Clem's side? It didn't make any sense to her at the moment. But yet, somewhere deep inside of her, Clem knew that reason was going to pop back up into her brain and smack her in the face. She just knew it and she dreaded it with all of her being.

user posted image

Aysu completed her full circle of looking over the younger water hatchling for injuries. "You seem fine. Just head up and wait up there, alright? I will get food for anyone hungry!" She'd give a nudge to the Seawyrm to try and motivate the hatchling into moving, but Aysu did not stay to see if she did just that. Diving farther down into the Birthing-Pool and going into the tunnels to go hunt for fish was her main concern. Already she was wondering how she was going to carry back at least three fish, unknowing that there was yet more newborns she would need to grab fish for in the Birthing-Cave now.

However, she did somehow manage to get two rather large fish carried in her jaws by their tails. The third fish proved a lot more tricky to carry, but she had the meal wrapped in her tail after a lot of thinking on how she would be able to swim with it there. Being careful and slower on her way back to the Birthing-Cave, she broke the smooth surface with little sound so there was little chance she would be scaring anyone. Yet she did almost drop the fish held in her jaws as the cave was a lot different than how she left it. Bursting with movement! 'Well, no matter! I got food for Kurai and that Lurker, plus the other Water hatchling,' she thought to herself as she placed the fish on the rocky ground, keeping the one held in her tail for the other water hatchling for now. "Kurai, I got you some food!" This was called out since she could not spot the Black hatchling right off as he was no longer where she left him last.

Now the true test would be getting the Lurker over to see if she wanted to have one of the fish. Aysu did not know her name so it was not like she could call out to her. She did not even know where the Lurker was at the moment, but that did not stop her from looking around. Once the Lurker was spotted, she let out a happy chirp as half her problem was solved and now she could get on to the hard part. "Hey, are you hungry?" Of course calling out like this was not the best idea, but it was the only was to ask since Aysu was stuck in a pool of water.

((Normally I would wait for Rita (Tala), but I had too...))

Edited by Lilithachaos

((its oki Chaos, I understand~ In fact, I think I'll use this to my advantage… btws, Rita said that its her "swimming ability" that sucks, but keep in mind that in reality theres nothing wrong with her ability to swim rather she has a condition I made up that I based on asthma.))

user posted image

"Ah! Oh no the egg..!" Despite the other company that she had longed for at the moment all she cared about was the egg and didn't hear what the blue dragon had asked her. Rita almost recklessly charged after the egg but stopped when she observed the egg was going down at a slow pace. "So… So I nearly over did it for nothing! HNNGGG- W-whatever then!" Despite what she thought, she did find herself breathing a quiet sigh of relief.

By the time she finished her slow thought process, the new company she had longed for had finished circling her and then- for reasons she did not know- abruptly left. Rita didn't quite get what the blue dragon had said when it had finished circling, but she did know it had swam off faster than Rita could say "wait, don't go!" Going after the dragon wasn't an option either- was that how fast others swim? Or is it just that SHE'S the slow one? So not only was she restricted by her swimming ability, but even her words are going to hold her back? From now till forever? How long will forever be?

A few minutes later the blue dragon came out of the tunnel with fish in tow. "Yay! Forever isn't that long! Ohhh… I wonder what those things are in his mouth? Or her mouth. Which ever gender that dragon is, I wonder if they'll share that with me. It looks… Tasty." She had no idea what "tasty" meant, but her belly was hurting for it so she assumed what the dragon was holding would make her belly well. She couldn't wait!

Or so she thought. The blue dragon seemingly ignored her and went to the surface with those tasty looking things. Its not fair! Why couldn't that dragon give me those tasty looking things! That blue dragon may be the first dragon to appear in her life, but she wasn't about to let herself become ignored. Another part of her thought that maybe the blue dragon would come back down and give her some of the tasty things too. That maybe whatever she missed earlier was something that she mentioned- Thinking about that side thought hurt however so Rita decided to just drop it and… And..! Swim slowly towards the surface again… As she made her slow progress towards the surface she grunted, "I hate being so slow."

user posted image

Hearing the pink dragon known as Lineheart eased Michiru's nerves. At least it made whatever was making her hurt a lot better. Which meant maybe her friend was getting better too. Since Lineheart was doing such a good job at calming down her friend she felt relieved but at the same time she felt something grip her heart tightly- but not in the same way it feels when she's with Jean. Something… Something about the fact that Lineheart was able to make her friend feel better made her feel weird.

And then she felt Clem's gaze upon her and stiffened. Why did she stiffen? Why was she feeling this way at all? What happened to her sunny outlook that she always felt? When Clem called her name, Michiru tensed further as she expected another wave of whatever was making her feel unwell… But she didn't feel anything and her sickness was fading away. Was she just imaging her pain this entire time?

In a shaky voice Michiru replied, her eyes glazed. "Y-yeah. See? Even she said that your mother will be back. I told you so!" "I sure hope so."

Shaking her head and slapping her cheeks with both paws Michiru exhaled, inhaled and exhaled slowly. "So! You ready to find those leaves? They actually sound kinda good right about now. Maybe we can get some berries too!" Michiru gave her best smile. "Hey- Wanna race to see who can get to the outside of the cave first?" She ignored the two dragons- albeit somewhat far- preparing to fight going so far as to reposition herself by standing tall on her tail so that she could block Clem's view of them. She could only hope that Clem didn't really hear one of them being loud but above all that it wouldn't make whatever seemed to have made her sick earlier.

user posted image

"SNEEERRKKKKK-! Huh wuh!" His own snoring had woke the whiptail up. Well half awake. "Hey there cutie, wake up…"

Hibiki nuzzled Feather in an attempt to wake her up, half not understanding what he was saying and the other half not knowing what he was doing. It was a strange, impulsive thing he did, thinking he was lovers with Roseanne and it was Feather Roseanne that was sleeping next to him.

user posted image

She carefully got up and stretched as silently as she could. Everything ached from yesterday's battle, particularly the burns she received. Those hurt much more than any physical damage that Alvi had done despite almost dying to them. Or rather, was she more concerned by them since it seemed she was plant like? "When do you think she'll wake up..? And do you think she'll understand what was truly going on..? And um…" She raised her vines awkwardly as if asking an embarrassing question. "Do you think you can help with soothing these burns? They're bothering me more than any of my other injuries for some reason."

user posted image

Spira slowly opened her eyes. She tried to get up, but then stopped. Even twitching a muscle hurt. Her memories felt really hazy too, as she couldn't remember what she was doing yesterday. "I could've swore I had a really weird dream… But I can't help but feel like it was trying to tell me something important. Something very, very essential for me to know." She looked around with her eyes without moving her head. "Well at least I know that I'm in the birth cave and that someone has tended to my injuries…

Spira didn't have to listen intently to realize that someone was screaming at the top of her lungs. But something was missing. She listened in on the fight as with her current state she didn't want to move. Yes… Yes, okay… Aerix is fighting with Sierra, no surprise there. Isn't anyone going to stop them? Aren't the hatchlings who might've hatched while she was asleep in danger? Her eyes widened in dismay. "Wait! Where's Favian! He should've been the first to attempt to break up the fight but I don't hear him!" But with her being in such a condition, what else could she do but wait?

((Whew, not easy making these tank posts since they take so much time.)

Edited by Taleena Fuka

user posted image

"Hey, are you hungry?"

There were a lot of the creatures making noises, but the sounds that caught her attention were familiar. The voice was from the blue creature in the pool, the one that had dived down when she had pushed the shape into the water.

That sent a shiver of dread down her spine, as she realized that doing that possibly hurt the shape more than any creature could inside of it.

One word seemed to imply something important, however. She twisted her head around and stared at the blue creature, trying to figure out what that meant. If one of the sounds was pricking her mind and sounding important, then that meant the creature was very important.

Turning to sniff over one of the shapes for a moment, she pushed it up quickly so that it leaned in the nest and then made her way to the pool, tail dragging on the ground.

The Cavern Lurker hatchling stopped a few feet away, staring warily at the blue creature and the...things on the ground next to the pools edge. They looked shiny and longish, with a funny smell emitting from them.

Are they important? They remind me of something, I just can't figure it out...they're important, very important...I think.

After a second of hesitation, she slowly stalked over to the things, eyes flicking from the blue creature and the things. She had no idea if the creature had possession over them or not, or if they were only important to the creature and not herself.

((Don't remember if I posted Roseanna waking up, don't think so. There shall be a post for her anyway.))

Roseanna

Waking up, she noticed that there was still the 'spirit' in her mind. "You're awake. good. We can continue training now!" it said. Had it stayed with her the entire night? That seemed unlikely, it probably just...went into her mind as she woke up... As she thought about it going 'into' her mind, she became uncomfortable. How did it do that? And why couldn't she notice? Perhaps she was just overthinking things and the 'spirit was actually just her imagination. Maybe it was just that she had felt so sad, her mind had created something to distract her from the sadness and save itself. Or maybe...she had a disease. Maybe something was wrong with her, and was messing up her mind. She shuddered and shook her head, clearing the thoughts away. 'There's no reason to believe that I have a disease just because there's a voice in my head for a couple of days. And a disease wouldn't leave and come back without someone curing it first...would it?' Roseanna thought.

Spirit's P.O.V.

'Roseanna seems to be doubting I'm real. She is worrying about me, and doubting herself. Good. That'll make her easier to influnce, since her mind has lowered alertness.' the spirit thought. 'Time to make her do something to satisfy me.' "Roseanna, aren't you hungry? Do you want some food? I see a deer over there, in fact a family of deer. The parents look nice and fat, how about we hunt them? Think of all the others you can feed with those deer! You don't need to kill the baby deer, let them see their parent's deaths so they know not to mess with dragons. After all, you don't want a deer trampling those poor hatchlings in the cave right? Plus, once the baby deer grow up, they'll be much fatter and more delicious." the spirit said to Roseanna.