SpiritWolfe

• The Plagued Earth •

user posted image

Again, Feather giggled at Hibiki's antics. The toy suited him perfectly- strange, awkward, seemingly dangerous, yet adorable. Just like the playful whiptail. "You built your own shelter here? Cool! I didn't think it was possible, all that lifting and diggin. I just stay at the Birthcave because it's safer. It's a great place, though! Oh, and how did your toy roll all the way here? Don't you keep them organized?" Organized? Nah, of course not... If he was organized, he wouldn't be Hibiki, then he wouldn't be wonderful... The friendly Silver leaned in closer to inspect the object her crush was playing with. The spike scared her, more than it should have. Something about her soft life had done that, weakened her. She was prim, playful, and naive. Taking another step forward, Feather carefully avoided the spiked ball. Twisting her long body around, she sat backing the forest, hoping Hibiki would explain the odd toy to her.

user posted image

"Me-Mes? You Mes?" Azre's large, round eyes stared at the Cavern Lurker, suddenly finding "him" much less threatening. Having a name made him like Kurai, Kurai was good, which made Mers good as well. But... I have no name... Everyone else does, and I'm still different... Kurai will help me? I hope he does... "You name Kuwai. He name Mes. What me name? Me have name too? Boy name girl name? Kuwai boy name Mes boy name? Me no boy name, girl name?" Confidence once again flooded Azre. She had done something right, asked a question instead of just copying. Pride came as well. Maybe she was wrong when she though the others wouldn't accept her. Maybe she was actually the same and her brain just made a mistake and she was the same. She was struggling to make herself believe this, and want was beginning to overpower her common sense.

user posted image

Kalana pulled herself out of the tunnels with a rather forced smile. "Um- Thank you, Skylene. I feel...much better now... I hope you do as well." Well... At least one of us is happy... But she didn't understand... Not at all... Tugging the back of her body free from the narrow, encasing tunnels, the Striped took a moment to bask in the sunlight. It was a pleasant change after her time underground. But being back on proper ground also meant she had to confront Rien. She didn't quite understand her guilt. The only thing she could really think of as making her feel bad was taking part in her precious 'daughter' getting hurt. But that, in her mind, was unexcusable.

Edited by KoalaNoob

user posted image

She sighed and made herself comfortable in the half hole. "I wonder how Alvi is doing..? Will she be alright with Glas? Will she get back why is rightfully hers from me?" Rien glanced down at her paw clawing the dirt randomly and began making circles in the dirt. "Will… Everyone be okay when I get back what is rightfully mine?"

Wanting to forget about the thought, Rien tucked her head into the half hole and curled herself into a ball, her vines hugging her as if to protect her from an unseen enemy. Despite that, anyone who passed by that could see the half hole could see the hatchling curled up. Rien expected to sink into the safe confines of depression, of self loathing and paranoia but could feel nothing but clarity of the past events that had happened in her short time alive. For the first time, Rien was able to clearly remember the events of her life without any preconceived or warped notions.

Rien gingerly touched and petted her half horn stub then returned that paw to underneath her chin. "I had memories even before that, though they're fuzzy I was loved just like how I'm loved now by my Mommy. And that first day I hatched… Looking back at it now, I think I was just confused and lost." She lifted her head in recoil at her thought and grimaced disapprovingly. "I shouldn't have attacked like that though, and I most certainly DID deserve some kind of punishment." Rien covered her head with her paws and shivered at the image of the terrifying pink monster, her vines tightening its protective shield. "But nothing like that! That was just too cruel. The meanie. I'm glad I haven't seen him around as of late. I don't know what I'd do if I even ever SAW him again."

Rien's vines relaxed when she thought of Kalana protecting her and smiled as she nuzzled the dirt affectionately.

user posted image

Gasping, with a raspy voice she wailed, "No, I didn't! I haven't eaten anyythiingg! COUGH COUGH! Anything at all!" Despite her visible panic Rita in a sense felt much more safer now that someone was actually worrying about her in her time of pain. She winced and whimpered as her gills filtered water into her lungs instead of exchanging it for oxygen. She looked desperately into the eyes of the blue dragon, hoping that she could do something about it. Rita had unfortunately forgotten all about how going to the surface for a while could help solve the problem. All she wanted was this big and strong and kind -although a little late and sometimes ignoring- dragon to solve her problem, to save her from her pain. It felt so good to rely on someone now, she couldn't think for herself anymore. "Do… something… Anything..! There's too much water!"

((Oh noes, hope to see you soon Chaos! You can have Aysu observe somehow that her gills are damaged in someway when you get back. Hope for the best!))

Edited by Taleena Fuka

((I've been having quite a bit of trouble wording these posts correctly, and I still don't think I have it quite right. I guess this is what you get when you take ages to post.))

user posted image

The two-headed hatchling trilled in unison, their red eyes blinking closed as the kind, soft, sweet-smelling purple hatchling rubbed their heads with gentle paws. They listened carefully to the strange dragon's words. They were strange, and buzzed in their ears, but the soothing intent they left behind calmed them. One head yawned widely, pink tongue lolling over sharp ivory teeth. The other sighed, and settled on the welcoming lap of their new benefactor. Both heads hummed to themselves, and their eyes drooped. They felt safe here, even though the shimmering, non-smelling hatchling still glowered behind them. They hardly knew this foreign purple being, but they trusted it. It comforted them, and wiped away their tears. No one had done that for them before. All the animals they had met on their travels kicked and clawed and bit, and were only stopped with kicks and bites in return. No one in the silent forests stopped to speak to the lindwurm, much the less talk to them. Perhaps, they thought, they could comfort the purple hatchling in return?

Their eyes flicked open as one, and they blinked happily. Their arms back-pedaled and their tail swiveled, and with a wriggle and a shake they slipped into the bushes. They glaced around, sniffed, and dashed towards the dead weasel they had left behind. One head snatched it up, gripping it tightly with powerful jaws. Then, claws scraping at the ground, they lurched out of the bush.

"Trrr-ii!" the other head trilled, and pride and excitement burned in the hatchling's eyes.

user posted image

"Kiska.." Wobble echoed. His cheeks flushed, and the image of an angelic white hatchling flashed through his mind. His flippers slowed their endless tread, and he floated in the water in a blissful state of rememberance. "Kiska... " he murmured. A gurgling, pained noise invaded the fog in his ears, and he snapped suddenly to attention. He wheeled to face his friend, all thoughts of pale blue eyes dashed from his mind. "Kirk!" he shouted. His friend's face was green, and he looked sick. "Are you-" he bit his lip, cutting off his words mid-sentence. He hadn't realized Kirk was talking. Realization seeped into his mind, and he frowned. "Have to find someone else? Well, okay, but I don't think there's really anyone else we can go to... " He thought a moment, head titled.

Let's see, healers... hmmm... Kirk did mention some black dragon that fixed someone's rib, but I don't think she was a healer lady. Just a magic one. But if healers won't work, maybe magic will!

"Aha!" he exclaimed, and his eyes lit up. "What about the magic hatchlings? Wouldn't they be able to help? There's the blue one, and the black one, and wasn't there an orange one too? I think he's gone, but... " Wobble trailed off, his eyes glazed over.

user posted image

Glas nodded at Rien, his eyes downcast and shadowed. In truth, he wanted the company of another dragon around, but Alvi was too.. unstable. She HAD tried to kill Rien not hours before, and it was likely she would try to do so again. It was best for Rien's sake, best for Alvi's sake, that Rien left. He could handle Alvi, even if she.. even if she attacked him. He could take it, he knew. He had to. For her sake. Turning his head, he glanced at the barely breathing body of his l- his best friend. He winced at the bruises and scrapes littering her once-perfect scales. Every painful breath she took stung him, reminding him of what he had done. He had done this... ALL of this.. to her. He had hurt her. It was only right that she-

Do not do this to yourself. You will need all of your wits, as few as they are, about you.

His claws gripped the ground, and he squeezed his eyelids shut. His tail lashed feebly against his side, weighted down by the heavy stone at its tip. His paws itched, itched with the burning white-hot magic he had inherited. He still didn't know exactly how he had been forced to take this.. this power, but he knew it had to do with Rakushun. He also knew it was for the best, at least at the moment. This way, the only thing he could do to Alvi was heal her. Not that he could hurt her if he tried, anyway.

"Wh..aaa..?"

Glas stiffened. His ears rang, and he turned wild-eyed to face Alvi. Her body still lay crumpled against the ground, but the faint emerald flicker of her eyes peered at him. A nervous smile broke across the Moonstone's face.

"G-Glas...?"

His breathing quickened and he held back a stuttering laugh. He stood up slowly, tears of joy filling his eyes. He wiped them away, and sniffed. "Alvira! I hope-" He bit down on his lip, stopping the flood of words waiting on his tongue. As much as he wanted to talk away the silence, to chatter away the painful day behind them, he knew he couldn't. Alvi needed a chance to express herself, she needed to feel welcomed and not overrun.

user posted image

Lienheart's head snapped up, and she stared with barely-concealed contempt at Aerix. She watched, silent, as he dashed away. "Fine." she hissed. Her teeth caught her lip again, and she bit down hard. Tears of pain and frustration swam before her eyes, and it was all she could to to stop herself from screaming. The faint chatter of the newborns behind her echoed in her ears, and she wheeled to face them. "Aysu!" she yelled. She trotted over to the pool, not bothering to wipe the streams of tears and blood from her face. "Aysu?" she said, catching sight of the deep blue hatchling. She glanced at the smaller dragons littered around, and the remains of fish strewn around the rocky floor. Lineheart grimaced and turned away.

Aysu is busy, and besides, how could she help? She's stuck in the water.

Her eyes roamed around the cave, and she caught sight of two small forms. She sucked in a breath, and walked towards them.

I can't really ask Clem and Michiru to help guard the cave... for one, that would defeat the purpose of keeping the newborns safe, and for another...

She glanced at the pile of berries and leaves the two had collected. Her eyes narrowed, and she stalked forward.

I don't know if I can trust them.

She turned to Clem, the Valentine's question reaching to the core of her doubts. "No." she answered. "They aren't." She scooped up the berries in her paw, peering closely at the crimson orbs. "These are Yew berries, in fact. One of the few poisonous berries here." She peered sharply at the two hatchlings.

Edited by Ayesthine

user posted image

Alarmed at the news Michiru's face couldn't help but register shock. Shock, that soon turned into guiltiness. She was convinced if she got Clem to look good, something good would happen especially when it was something unexpected and possibly of high merit. But no, it just made her and Clem look like fools! "Not only that, but what if someone actually ate them? Or if-if Favian was here right now and then I got Clem to show those berries- What would he think of her then! It would be all MY fault and SHE might've gotten blamed for it! And then Clem… Clem would..!" Michiru's paws fidgeted uncomfortably as she tried to fight back her humiliated tears.

"I'm sorry!" Michiru bowed deeply and didn't raise her head, letting the leaves tumble down around her and to the ground. Some of the smaller leaves she picked managed to find their way underneath her bowing form. "I didn't know! I made Clem pick them and… and…! I!" Her tears could no longer be contained and they fell in tiny little droplets on some of the smaller leaves around her. "I just wanted… You see..! I didn't mean to-!" No longer able to handle the guilt Michiru hurriedly slithered away, blinded by her tears.

user posted image

"The toy? Oh yes, I found it somewhere deep in the forest when I got lost once. Same thing with some of the other strange toys I've put around my place. I guess I uh… Organize my stuff? Yeah, I just put them here an' there where they'll look nice." He looks up at Feather who is patiently listening to him. He wasn't really good at talking very much because he never really had to think about his words- they just kinda spill out naturally. For a few minutes of silence he was at a loss as to what to say. "I wonder why she's listening so intently? I'm know I'm exactly the best storyteller out there." His eyes wandered around the room, to Feather, to the various objects around his room, to Feather and so on until he was struck with an idea. "Oh I know what! You can choose anything from here that catches your eye as a souvenir! A gift!" Hibiki's tail swished and flicked as he vaguely remembered the feeling of causing trouble for others. Because of that he was able to remember certain details of what happened yesterday- of a worried Feather and of a weird feeling concerning a random action he was doing. He scratched behind his horn a bit embarrassed, "I mean after all, I kinda didn't really mean to lead you all the way out here in the forest and well, I dunno- I guess I caused trouble for the dragons around me again? Ahahaha… Although I do admit I can't remember what I even did! Anyways, go ahead- choose something that catches your eye!"

user posted image

Taken aback by Bathory's request Spira couldn't help but get a little mad. She was after all, in quite the weakened state. Bathory wouldn't even be able to hear her groan should she attempt to physically talk. A little disappointed in Bathory Spira replied, <No I can't. I guess I'll just drop our conversation now.>

Spira relaxed her body and closed off her telepathic channel effectively disallowing Bathory to reply back to her. She then tucked her head into her paw and closed her eyes attempting to rest. She couldn't exactly go to sleep though, she just wasn't tired! But what else could she do but wait patiently for the moon to rise?

Edited by Taleena Fuka

user posted image

"Thank you, dear," Favian purred as the lindwurm proudly announced its arrival with the corpse of a weasel dangling loosely from its mouth. By now, Moss had crept over to Favian's side, her every step silent as she padded over to him. She did not speak, but the look a flash of her eyes gave told Favian exactly what she wanted. She wanted to move on, to continue marching away from the birth cave and towards the unknown. They had already traveled at least a day's length from the birth cave, but Moss to go further. She insisted that someone from the birth cave could still find them and they needed to continue walking. Favian, who had already estimated the distance they traveled, knew that Moss was partially right.

No newborn should be able to find us. If people listened to me, which I highly doubt since most of them are incompetent, then no newborns should even be outside without supervision, let alone, far enough from the birth cave to spot us. Technically, any mature hatchling can find us. All of them are capable of flying this far out and spotting us. However, near to none of them have a reason to go out this far. It is far more dangerous out here and unless they had a good reason to be out here, then I highly doubt they'd fly on over. Of course, there are the hatchlings who enjoy exploring and just may bump into us. That would by Skylene, Aerix, and Viden. Aerix is injured and is in that peculiar issue with Medea, so that crosses him off. Viden might find us, but I don't think he'd tell anyone or get the chance to. He's not really the type to mingle with others. He's more of someone who watches from a distance. That crosses him off too. Skylene has the highest chance of finding us, but her chances are rather poor. First off, she, like the others, would need a reason to travel far from the birth cave. This reason in particular would also require a reason why she chose this specific direction. Considering no one knows exactly where we headed off to, picking an area to search for us would be rather important.

At that thought, Favian stopped. What if people were searching for them? What if they cared enough to go look for them? But who would go look for them? Spira would obviously go out searching for him. She seemed to always appear to him when he was in danger. Surely she of all people would be looking for him. Who else could be looking for him? Clementine would certainly try. She'd probably need to be pulled back into the birth cave in an attempt to keep her from searching. It hurt him to think that he had to leave so abruptly. She must of been so worried when he left. Lineheart, although not exactly independent enough to go searching for him, would most certainly be worried for him. She was always such a worrier and a good friend of Favian's. Chuckling internally, Favian imagined her running around the birth cave, scolding people who were lazing around and trying to do her best to keep everything from going into chaos. Favian couldn't help but feel a sting of shame as he thought about what sort of worries he brought onto Lineheart. It was quite selfish of him to drop everything onto her without warning. He had planned to tell her that he was leaving the day prior, but things got in the way and he never managed to finish telling her.

Who else would be looking for me, for us?

Skylene maybe? She might of tried if she felt like it, but she didn't go to the birth cave that often. He'd probably be long gone before she heard the news. Aerix? No, he didn't like Favian under any circumstances. Lucifer possibly? No, the Sweetling wouldn't try to find him. If Favian had left without saying anything, Lucifer would assume he didn't want to be found and restrain himself from searching. Kalana? No, she didn't care that much about Favian. She had attacked him on a whim. Luye? No, he was too scatterbrained to even try. What about Myst? Narnun? Kiska? Tasimi? Snow? Ashni? Would none of them go looking for him? Very slowly, Favian began to realize that none of them had a good reason, beyond caring about him, to go looking for him. Some of them would probably look for him when things got chaotic. Once they realized that order wasn't being obtained, they'd most likely go looking for him so he could settle the turmoil. For a moment, Favian was content with the conclusion. It made sense to him and there was seemingly nothing wrong with it.

Isn't that selfish of them? They would only go looking for you because they needed you to do something for them. Only three people out of over seventy care enough to actually go looking for you without wanting a favor in return. They all depend on you and yet only those three care enough to go searching for you out of pure worry. Don't you think they don't deserve your presence? When Skylene went missing years back before any of you were mature, you sent a search party after her a mere hour after she left. You sent parties to go look for Bathory when she bursted out of the cave with tears brimming in her eyes. If there is no search party by now then you should know that they don't care enough about you to go looking for you without a reason. How pathetic is that? You've sacrificed your foot, sanity, reputation, and mind for these people. What have they given you in return? Nothing but pain and suffering. They are too spoiled to appreciate you when you're there and too selfish to let you go. Don't you think you deserve a break for once? Don't you think they deserve to suffer for a while?

"We should get going now," Favian announced as he stood up. Moss stared after Favian as he marched towards the smaller lindwurm. Craning his neck down towards the purple hatchling, Favian spoke.

"Thank you for the gift, but we need to be going now. Would you mind holding onto it while we continue onward? If you get tired, you can hand that weasel over to Moss." Favian motioned over to the golden hatchling who blinked her olive eyes in response. "I can promise you she won't eat it. She knows better than that." Making sure to keep his voice calm and soothing and none of his movements too sudden, Favian waited patiently for the excited hatchling's response.

user posted image

"I don't think having magic means you can heal," Kirk sighed. Throwing Sera out of his mind was rather difficult. Nevertheless, he managed to do so. He had to think about the present right now. He couldn't wallow in the past. There was a crisis at hand and he had to figure out how to solve it!

"Magic may work, but I have no idea what kind of magic the black and blue hatchlings have," Kirk said. "They aren't healers and I'm quite sure only a healer can fix the... corruption we saw back there." Kirk rubbed the back of his head, his webbed hand flattening the long mohawk-like fin on his head. He didn't really know how to fix the icky goo he saw outside. In fact, he wasn't sure if it was fixable at all!

Maybe we should ask the land hatchlings about it. They might know what it is.

"We should go back and ask the land hatchlings if they know anything about it," Kirk said, voicing his thoughts. "They might know what it's all about. After all, they've explored the outside world for two years. Today was the first time we went out there. They must know something about the goo!"

user posted image

Alvi had a rather hard time focusing on what was going on in front of her. Everything was still slightly blurry and she could barely read the Moonstone's lips as she spoke. The strange headache was making her feel woozy and with that wooziness came a strange giddy feeling that propelled Alvi to slur her thoughts.

"Glas, you know I can't hear you without being able to see," Alvi cooed, her emerald eyes trying desperately to focus on the figure in front of him. Alvira made an attempt to pull herself up, but only managed to wobbly fall onto her stomach. Blinking rapidly, Alvi pushed herself onwards and landed on her rump with a grunt. She shifted her wings and narrowed her eyes at the Moonstone in front of her.

"D-Did you..." Alvi stammered. Her voice was strained and her throat felt rough. It was difficult to speak and even more challenging to do so when she couldn't exactly hear her own voice.

"Did you h-hit me? On the... head?"

user posted image

"Oh..." Lineheart's words shook Clem to her very core. She had brought in Yew berries. Yew berries were one of the only poisonous berries in the entire forest, according to Lineheart. Clem had brought in something dangerous, something that could of killed someone. What if Lineheart wasn't there to point out the danger of the berries? What if one of the other hatchlings ate the scarlet balls? What would Clem do when she saw them die? It would of been her fault for not following her instinct. If she hadn't been so stupid, then she wouldn't of been in this predicament in the first place!

"Oh...oh god," Clem whimpered. Her talons went to her face as her entire being shivered. Tears brimmed at the edge of Clem's pink eyes and she slowly began to lower her head.

"I-I could of- No, oh I'm such a horrible daughter. Mother would of been disappointed in me. I...I don't deserve to stay. I don't-"

No. Fix this. Do it now. You screwed up and now you're going to fix it. You're a big brave dog. Make mother proud. Make mother proud...

"I have to fix this," Clem whispered. Her paws returned to her sides and her eyes darted towards the berries. "I need to get rid of them," she said, her voice getting louder. "I messed up and I need to fix my mistake. No one is getting hurt because I was too.... too..." Clem's mind was whirling with thoughts. Her vocabulary wasn't developed well enough for her to come up with a word to describe herself. Clem was busy piling up the berries back in her arms when a word slipped from her thoughts and out of her mouth.

"Imbecilic," Clem hissed as she gathered the crimson orbs into her arms. Her body was still shaking, causing the berries to fall out from the fold of her arms and onto the cave floor. Mumbling under her breath, Clementine continued to pick up the berries on the ground, including those she dropped.

Make mother proud, make mother proud, make mother proud...

Edited by Doctortear

user posted image

Medea shook her head from where she had fallen, rattled both from the sudden meeting to the ground and hitting her head on whatever she had pounced on. Yet the shouting and the scent of blood did more to pull her out of that stunned state than anything else could have because no prey animal could yell at her like that. 'Oh joy, I jumped on a hatchling,' she thought to herself as she shook her head one last time to clear her vision before looking over to the suddenly quiet dragon.

Admittedly she knew she stared for a few moments because her mind did not really want to connect just what she was seeing to, well, the stupid action she had did. Medea stared for a few moments more somewhat blankly before huffing out an amused breath, "Well, I do say you are not a deer and you would not taste half as good as one I bet." Her tone just oozed sarcasm and humor as she finally settled on just shrugging the whole stupid thing off.

user posted image

Aysu wanted to so badly panic, to just go down to the waterbed to curl up in her little seaweed nest and hide. This made worse when the poor Seawyrm gave her a reply on if she had eaten or not. This cut down the whole 'stuck in throat' scenario and now Aysu was totally clueless on what could be wrong. She was no healer! 'Stop panicking!' A chant of this ran through her head as she looked over the Seawyrm, assessing what all she could do.

"Shh, shh it is alright I promise. I will fix it," Aysu replied to the younger water hatchlings plea. It was only luck that she had went to nuzzle the Seawyrm right above her gills, catching sight of the struggle they had filtering the water for the oxygen they needed. It took only a moment for her to act before her brain really understood just what she was seeing and what it could mean. Darting under the Seawyrm so that her smaller frame would rest on her own and rising up until they broke the water's surface fully.

Aysu looked back as much as she could to the other hatchling, first making sure that the Seawyrm's gills were out of the water before speaking. "Just try to breath now okay? If it does not help then tell me and we will go back in the water, but just try to breath with me okay?" She spoke a little shakily, but tried to keep her voice mostly steady and her breathing even more so. Some odd reasoning telling her that the other hatching could maybe try to copy her breathing to calm her own down.

user posted image

"You name Kuwai. He name Mes. What me name? Me have name too? Boy name girl name? Kuwai boy name Mes boy name? Me no boy name, girl name?"

Kurai turned his attention to the red long enough to answer, "Uhm, I suppose?" before the question actually sunk in. Hm, she has a point. Boys have boy names, girls have girl names. But what boy, what girl? Why does it matter? Kurai thought a bit, then shrugged. I guess we'll find out later. "So, what you name?" Kurai asked excitedly. At that moment, Kurai was splashed. He returned his attention to the pool to see Aysu holding the smaller hatchling above the water. He felt an urge to help, too, but still could barely even stand yet, let alone swim out there. Besides, what could he do? Aysu was already taking care of it. I hope the hatchling is OK.

user posted image

Medea's light-hearted response to Aerix did not have its desired effect, instead making him feel somewhat offended by the whole situation. It was indeed likely, he thought, that she did not understand the full extent of his damaged physical and mental state, but it upset him that she did not seem to care how he was after the whole ordeal. His visible injuries made it apparent that he was weak, and the yelling and thrashing around clearly conveyed his inner anger. Although it appeared that the Grey was willing to forget about the whole thing, the Bleeding Moon could not let himself past it as easily.

She has no need to plead forgiveness or offer assistance, but why wouldn't she at least try? Is it because she pounced on me? Does that make it completely fine?

He pushed his upper-body off the ground using his forelegs, but could not gain steady balance. Elbows shaking uncontrollably, he collapsed to the ground a second time.

It is my fault, isn't it? Have I fooled everyone into believing that I am completely durable? Without pain? If I am the best fighter in the world, would anyone try helping me if I was near death?

He shoved himself away from the earth once more, before finding that he could position himself slightly upright on the tree. Turning his head to where he assumed Medea was, he opened his mouth but could find no words to speak. He wanted to yell at her, but not directly towards her. To scream and shout all of his frustrations for a listening partner, to go on about why he hated the Birthcave, why hated the other dragons, and why he hated himself.

He knew he could not do such a thing right then and there. Being exhausted with both bodily pain and underlying pain was one already hard enough, to yell about it to another dragon, a friend, who had just tried to amuse him with a joke about cannibalism was unacceptable. He would have to keep his emotions to himself.

"I can't see much right now, my eyes are irritated. Is there water nearby? I can hardly move."

user posted image

Puffball~

"Whatever Whisper." The Pillow huffed and turned away back towards the entrance of the cave. Though he had been gone for a while, Puffball wasn't the least bit tired out. "I'm bored. Anyone want to play?" He turned back around to the others. He realized that everyone seemed to be doing their own thing and frowned. Is everyone to busy to play? Whisper isn't, but who'd want to play with that weirdo? He thought. Sighing, he looked down at his feet, his frown growing bigger. Fine, I see. But, wait, Puffball perked his head up, and a smile replaced his frown. Maybe if no one wants to play, I can help someone. I mean, at least it will gimme something to do, right? The Pillow looked over to Clementine, who looked like she was upset. He slowly walked over to her, a look of concern appearing on his face. "Clementine, what's wrong? Do you want any help?" Asking rather loudly as usual.

user posted image

Whisper~

He shook his head and growled. "Hmm..." Sighing, he started to walk away. He heard Puffball, but ignored him. Who would want to play with the loud mouth anyways? He made his ears hurt. Whisper's stomach started to growl, but he ignored it. Vortex already got mad at them for leaving the cave once, he'd rather not do that again. Though, it did tempt the Assassino. He glanced back at the entrance of the cave and licked his lips. Maybe I could...no. Whisper looked away, forcing himself to not think about it. But, his stomach growled once more, this time louder. Grimacing, he glanced back again. If an older hatchling comes with me, I'm sure no one will mind...

user posted image

The loud booming voice that suddenly appeared a mere feet away from Clementine made her yelp. Startled, she dropped practically all the berries she had managed pick up. The small red orbs scattered around the floor and Clem desperately tried to keep them from rolling away from her. Frantically, Clementine tried to gather up all the berries that had managed to make their way all around the cave floor. As she collected the scarlet berries, Clem couldn't help but silently fume at whoever made such a loud and startling noise. Who in their right mind would yell at her when she was so busy? She was trying to fix her mistake! She could of killed someone! Looking up, Clementine's eyes settled upon a face she had never seen before.

"Who are you?" she asked, barely managing to keep a growl from emitting from her throat. "I've never seen you before in my life. How do you know my name?" Clementine leaped forward to grab a cluster of berries rolling towards the center of the cave. She tossed them over towards a small pile she had been building and raced off back to the pile with red stains matting her scales.

"Don't touch the berries," Clem warned quickly as he reached for more berries that manged to escape the pile.

Edited by Doctortear

user posted image

"Aw, thanks, Hibki!" Ecstatic, Feather let her gaze sweep around her friend's little home, pausing to examine anything that caught her eye. "But I wouldn't feel right taking something. You worked hard to find these toys, they're yours! Oh, and uh... What do they do? Do you really just find them lying around? Couldn't they be dangerous?" Nevertheless, the Silver pushed the spiked hammer-ball with her tail, utterly entranced in the strange motion it moved in. Did he really just find these lying around? How is that possible? Someone else must have made them, but I've never seen a dragon not form the Birthcave... "This is a lovely place, Hibiki! No need to apologize for leading me here!"

user posted image

Azre involuntarily shuddered. She had made a mistake, she knew it. Kurai's response didn't make sense. She had been asked for her name but she didn't have one. She pretended to blink in confusion, an act that she hoped would fix the problem, make the other dragon pity her and give her a name. Do what I did earlier. That worked. Just imitate. But I already know Kurai's name! She blinked again, then tilted her head to continue her act. What you name? You name Kuwai. What... What ME name? Me no know, you know?" The Sunstone's only hope was that what she had said made sense. She hadn't realized yet how quickly her confidence changed, how unstable she was. She only noticed that she had done something wrong. It was all her mind could manage, anything more and she would be overtaken, swamped by dark, self-pitying thoughts that would turn her into a crying wreck.

Edited by KoalaNoob

user posted image

Medea watched as Aerix struggled to stand for a few moments, a mix of dark humor at the situation of them both being out of sorts hitting her. It was by sheer force alone that she kept any comment about the situation to herself as she had the feeling her sarcasm had not been taken as well as normally before. Any other hatchling and she was not have cared how they felt about her or their own feelings, but Aerix seemed to be the odd exception to this rule. He was the first hatchling that she felt tolerable of and having that vanish would be very, well, boring.

It was not in her nature to ask for forgiveness and she saw no need in this situation, though she did feel as if she took part of a fool by pouncing on something unknown. However, Medea did have some inkling to finally stand up to offer some kind of help when Aerix spoke of not being able to see well. "Yes, there is water nearby as that is where I came from myself." This said she walked over to the Bleeding Moon and offered her right side for him to lean on if needed. "I am guessing your little hunt for healing did not go as well as mine did then?"

user posted image

"What you name? You name Kuwai. What... What ME name? Me no know, you know?"

The Cavern Lurker--now Mers--tilted her head at the words of the red creature, though she did glance over to the pool of water. Kurai had gotten distracted by the commotion in it, but Mers was now interested in the red creature, who she had thought of as Twokt until a moment ago. Mers flicked her tail and moved forward slowly towards the red creature, mind going over what had been said.

I have name of Mers. Black creature--no, Kurai, has a name. But...you not have name? Why not? Do all have name, or do few and special have a name only? Does the creature not need a name at all?

Her next words were spoken swiftly and the Cavern Lurker had jerked her face forward, into the red creatures space.

"Dwo you neeed name, or iet fine fuor not name?"

Her eyes flicked around as she scanned the creature, wondering why this one was different from Kurai. He had known his name, hadn't he? While Mers herself had to make one, this red creature should already know. If it didn't, did that mean that it did not need a name at all?

user posted image

With both she and Kalana outside, Skylene allowed herself to focus her attention to their surroundings. The area of the forest that they found themselves had notable differences from the one located around the Birthcave. Several trees were much shorter, the ground was littered with natural debris, and the range appeared to be devoid of animals.

I know I've seen all of the forest that's safe to venture through, but this part seems foreign.....the storm must have been devasting here..... she thought, taking in the sweet scent of air that lingered from the squall.

Despite her questions regarding the environment around them, the Blusang's appetite forced the issues to take a backseat. She could not find indication of a river or lake nearby, though was certain that a simple examination from the sky above would solve the problem.

"Well, I'm off to find food. The Birthcave isn't too far away. If you keep going forward, you should eventually get there. I'm sure the distance would be nice excerise anyways."

Without a verbal farewell she flew off, eyes carefully observant on the ground below.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

user posted image

Azre blinked in utter confusion, nothing was making sense anymore. Did she need a name? Mers had a name, Kurai had a name. They were both older than her, but neither seemed to have been given a name... And now Mers was asking her whether or not she needed a name? This was too much. "Me need name? No know if need name. Want name! You name, Kuwai name, evewybody name, me no name. Gimme name." Without any warning, the Sunstone hatchling plopped down onto the cold stone floor, sighing in exasperation. She was much less scared than when she had first hatched- the two dragons she was talking to seemed to be nice, not scary. But she was still different. She had no name. Why hadn't she hatched with one? Popping back up, she gave a defiant-yet-weak stomp, and said "Me no have name, me want name! You give me name, please!"

[A WILD Lily APPEARED! Anywho, sorry for my absence.]

user posted image

Kurai looked down, deep in thought. It was clear the hatchling had no name, but wanted one. From Kurai and Mers. But what name should Kurai give her? Well, how did I get my name? I mixed sounds... Maybe if I do the same for her?

"Aku. Amea. Ashie. Azru... Azre? You name Azre?"

Kurai wondered if the Red would like it. He certainly hoped so. All Kurai could really do was watch her expression and see what she thought. But... What if she doesn't like it? She's bound to. But what if she likes it, but doesn't choose it? Well, then, I'll have to try again.

user posted image

The newborn Sunstone blinked, then danced around happily. "Azre! Azre! Me is Azre!" She tripped, then looked up sheepishly at Kurai. "Dankew Kuwai." She mustered up her biggest smile, then plopped down onto her bottom, looking around with a rather derpy grin plastered to her face. Suddenly, she bounced back upright. She had forgotten to thank Mers! Mers had helped as well! "And dankew Mers! Big dankew Mers! Big dankew Kuwai!" Finally content, she fell back down, before noticing the bright, gaping hole before her. Everything was colorful - green trees, brown bark, pink and yellow flowers - and Azre wanted to see it from closer up. With newfound confidence gained solely by having a name, she ran to the great tear in the cave she never noticed before, leaving behind Kurai and Mers.

user posted image

Astra listened to Demetrio, her head to the side. 'Hmmm... yeah, we should probably take it back to the cave. Leaving it here will only attract wolves and stuff.' She picked up the remains of the rabbit in her mouth, but felt her stomach lurch slightly as her nostrils caught its smell. She felt surprisingly full. 'Ugh, I'm full. You'll have to carry it or I might be sick...' She sighed, almost happy at this realization, yet still very uncomfortable. This was, after all, the first time she'd ever been full in her life. 'I need a drink actually, that should hopefully make me feel a bit less... sick... but there's a lake nearby - I think - so lets go there.' She then turned and looked to see the other, younger dragon's reaction.

((Sorry for not being on for so long! D: I've been too busy nuzlocking pokemon and watching the Twitch Plays Pokemon livestream. xd.png))

user posted image

Listening quietly, Mers tilted her head and glanced at Kurai. From what she could glean from their words, the red creature had wanted someone besides itself to make a name for it. The black creature, Kurai, did it quickly, with the red one now called Azre.

Opening her mouth, the Cavern Lurker hatchling licked her lips and let the new name escape her throat.

"Aaah-aze. Rrr. Aazrie. Azriei. Aah...Azre. Azre. Azre, Azre, Azre." She flicked her gaze towards Kurai. "Aand Kurai. Azre and Kurai."

Her thoughts were then cut off, with Azre rushing off. Raising her head up and flicking her tail, Mers saw the opening for the first time. The light didn't reach too far into the cave, but looking directly out shot hot spears of pain into her eyes and she ducked her head, her clawed hands covering her snout and eyes.

That...that hurt. Why is Azre going to it? Thatss hurt.

Moving her hand and glancing with one eye at Kurai, Mers spoke quickly, eyes still narrowed with the after affects of staring at light imprinted in her vision.

"Azre gooing tou geit hurt. Eeieyes geit hurt. Ppaien in eyies."

user posted image

Kurai watched Azre run off towards the light. Kurai himself looked at the light, and, he'd admit, it did sting a bit, but not as much as Mers was saying. Kurai looked at Mers.

"L... liiight not so bad. Maybe eyes hurt because you used to... Daaark?"

Kurai wasn't sure exactly what those words meant, but they seemed to fit what he was trying to say.

"Maybe Azre used to... Light? Maybe need light? Want light?"

Kurai tentatively approached the light, but the closer he got, the more his eyes stung. He quickly gave up and retreated back to Mers, rubbing his eyes. Going towards the light was a bad idea.

"Now eyes hurt. Big ow. You eyes OK?"

Edited by Lilac_Lily

user posted image

Although Medea came closer to Aerix, he made no gesture towards her. Despite his satisfaction at her offering, his thoughts told him not to appear as weak as he was. His heart craved to take advantage of the support, but his mind told him otherwise. To appear out of character was undesirable to the Bleeding Moon, even towards one he considered a friend.

Instead, he decided to use Medea's question to rightfully blow off some steam, cautioning himself not to go overboard.

"It didn't work at all. I had forced myself to go to the Birthcave to find Sierra. I.......asked her for the antidote, but the nuisance wouldn't give it to me. So of course I tried using force."

He paused for a moment, remembering their brief and painful fight.

"And I would've gotten it. But the Royal Blue pain-in-the-censorkip.gif ruined it. So then I went to Lineheart and asked if she had anything for it. Why I asked, I have no idea, but of course she didn't have anything. I properly dealt with her, and now I'm here. To find a healer or get the antidote is what I need now, but maybe I should get the water first."

He stared out into the endless sky for a short moment before returning his attention to the Grey.

"And what happened on your "hunt"?"

Edited by Bacon_Strips

(I am fully aware that the Plague wiped out most of the prey population. This is just showing Demetrio's naivety. Sorry if I haven't posted in a bit, life gave me some trouble making time for it.)

user posted image

"Hmmm... yeah, we should probably take it back to the cave. Leaving it here will only attract wolves and stuff."

Astra went to pick up the food, but something held her back. It was almost as if she no longer wanted the food.

Maybe she'll want some later.

"Ugh, I'm full. You'll have to carry it or I might be sick... I need a drink actually, that should hopefully make me feel a bit less... sick... but there's a lake nearby - I think - so lets go there."

Demetrio briefly wondered what wolves were.

He didn't really know what a 'drink' was either, so he decided to go with Astra to the lake as well. Finding out about things was quite important to figure out how the world worked and where he fit in.

I guess other things need food too, but why would they want our food? There's lots of food to go around, right?

"Alright, let's go then."

Demetrio was about to start walking, until he realized that he had no idea where the lake was.

"I have no idea where we're going. Maybe you should lead the way..."

Demetrio then turned his attention back to the food. There wasn't much left, although what was left was still bigger than he was. He wasn't so sure he could do a very good job of carrying it back.

"Should we take the food to the lake or take it back to the cave once we're done at the lake?"

user posted image

Mers watched Kurai with one eye, still holding her clawed hands over her other eye and snout. She didn't understand how Azre could want that painfully bright thing. The fuzziness that it had left in her vision was fading, dissolving back into the darkness around her. Kurai had went towards the opening, but was back quickly, covering his own eyes and speaking of how it had hurt him.

She flicked out her tongue, licking her lips for a second before answering.

"Eeyesss...ookaiy. Fine, paien leieaving neow."

The Cavern Lurker hatchling glanced over to the opening but switched her gaze back to Kurai, not wanting a repeat of the brightness. She pulled her clawed hands away from her face and pushed her upper body up, now in a sitting position. Swishing her tail against the ground, Mers stared evenly at Kurai.

"Wwhait do wieth...Azre? Azre...goone neow?"

user posted image

Medea was not sure whether to be humored or impressed that Aerix had not taken the offered support. Yet, she did stay standing close by because she would hate to have the Bleed Moon run in to something and slow them down or, heaven forbid, knock himself out somehow. She doubted this would happen, but she thought it better safe than sorry.

"Hmm, I am a little surprised that pinkie did not have some plant that would help," Medea said after Aerix had told her everything. Though perhaps she really should not be since Medea really only knew what not to touch and then one or two plants to help wounds, as Aerix got the benefit of. "My 'hunt' was a lot much fun and fruitful, I suppose. I did found our little quire and learn how to fix this mix up he did to us," she said as she got them slowly walking in the direction that she had came from. "Supposedly we have to 'learn and use' the switched abilities before they go back to their original owners." She shot Aerix an amused look after this sentence."

user posted image

With air finally available she coughed out the water from her lungs. Crying, but able to breathe he followed the blue hatchlings' breathing pace. Because she had something to follow and someone to comfort her she was able to resist the urge to hyperventilate, to panic and her bodily strength slowly seeped back in. After she had mostly calmed down, Rita's instinct allowed herself to dunk her head into the water briefly to check that her gills were back to normal before getting the rest of her body in. Although not perfectly fine, she at least felt that she wouldn't be choking again for now. Carefully she popped her head up at the surface, leaving her gills in the water. "T-thanks… How did you know that bringing to the surface temporally would help me breathe again? I mean I know- well I DIDN'T know the first time around that it would help, but it did. But I had to get back in the water soon after and then I got fine. What's going on?"

Rita felt strange- she wanted to praise her savior, she also wanted to hurry up and urge the blue one to get her food! But most of all… "What's your name? I'm called Rita, I decided that a while ago."

user posted image

Michiru was able to find a small niche where she could hold her tail in an effort to comfort herself… She wanted to drown her sorrows in a song but she had trouble finding the words and rhythm to it. She tried reaching deeper into herself to sing something to quench her disappointment in herself, but still nothing. It was as if she wasn't supposed to sing a song like that. Cornered, she tried to think of something else. She thought of singing her first song, of meeting Clem for the first time... Then Clem's sad face and Favian's disappointment in Clem came into view. Michiru shook her head. She tried imagining butterflies, grass, the wind all of which helped clear her head of her mucked up mental state. Unfortunately this also allowed her to temporarily forget what it was she should be thinking of most and what she should actually be doing.

Edited by Taleena Fuka