SpiritWolfe

• The Plagued Earth •

user posted image

Aysu was not sure if she was happy that the Lurker was coming closer, but watching as the hatchling tried to roll the egg over as well was just to much to pull her attention away from. 'What is she going to do with it?' This was thought to herself as she slowly made her way to the edge of the Birthing-Pool once more in hopes of gaining some attention from the Lurker, well other than possible hissing. Yet it seemed her hopes would be dashed as that so sought out attention was drawn to another hatchling that had newly emerged from somewhere. Aysu supposed she should be glad about it since she got a glance of that glare the Lurker was giving. Add that with the hissing and the newborn Lurker did pose a threatening little display.

So tempting it was just to watch what was going to happen because of the vibes both of the other hatchlings gave off, but Aysu was betting that a fight was not the best of things to break out around the egg the Lurker had been pushing. "It's okay! Lets not fight with the egg around, okay?" She directed this to both of them. "You did want to do something with the egg, right? I mean you was rolling it over here to the water," she added more to the Lurker this time in hopes of redirecting attention elsewhere. She'd much rather have the Lurker over to her and if the Lurker wanted to be left alone then Aysu could always dive into the water. Easy to avoid fighting and she had the added bonus of watching underwater as well if it did come to that.

Sunder's stomach grumbled hungrily. He curled tighter in an effort to just sleep it off, but the low, constant gargling was both annoying and disconcerting. He sat up and rubbed his belly uncertainly.

"What's wrong, tummy? Why won't you be quiet? I just fed you not that long ago...do you want something else?"

He sighed. Of course it wanted something else. It wanted something succulent and filling, delicious and warm...It wanted fresh meat, but Sunder was less than willing to kill something for his own benefit.

What am I going to do? I guess I could look around...maybe those wolves left some bones for me somewhere...

With a renewed vigor, he climbed his way down from the safety of his perch. Just as he was about to set off, he thought about the possibility of getting hopelessly lost.

"Maybe I should leave a trail...?"

He looked around, searching for something - anything - that he could probably carry with him to mark a way back to his new home. He found a stick and turned it toward the log, scraping a pointed tip on it to point him in the right direction. He started doing that with many sticks that he found on the ground, leaving them behind him to point his way back home. After a long time of wandering, however, he found nothing, and was ready to give up. He dropped onto his haunches and sighed, rubbing his belly.

"I guess no dinner tonight...Maybe tomorrow will be better."

Sunder gave another sigh as he stood and turned back. He heard rustling in the bushes nearby, and crouched down as he slowly backed off. Through the twigs and leaves, he could spot a rabbit foraging for food, just as he was. Less worried, he relaxed a bit. Unfortunately, the rest of his body seemed unwilling to turn away. He remained crouched in the shadow of the trees, watching with hungry eyes as the rabbit chewed on some leaves. It didn't even seem to notice him as he crept up on it. His mind was screaming stop, but his stomach was screaming go. Before he knew it, he had lunged himself at the bushes with a snarl and pinned the rabbit between his claws. It made an awful screech as his teeth dug into its neck and gave it a quick jerk.

Tears were streaming from his good eye. He sobbed softly as blood filled his mouth and fur flew up his nose. He sobbed the entire time that he ate, his body shaking in both sorrow and relief as he filled his belly with the fresh meat.

"I-I'm s-s-sorry," he blubbered between bites. "S-S-So sorry..."

He finished his meal, and his stomach stopped its grumbling. In time, there was nothing but cracked-open bones and fur remaining of the rabbit. He decided that he should at least use what remained. Why let it go to waste when he went through the horror of killing it for his food?

The remaining rabbit fur was mangled and torn into bits here and there, but it was whole enough that, after a good cleaning, it would make a good blanket to ward off the cold. The bones were small and empty of their marrow, but they were broken at jagged angles that could prove to be useful in making something. Now that he looked at them, some of the bone were rather pretty, like the toes and ankles. Maybe he could make something useful out of them...something he could wear. If he could protect himself out here, then he would surely survive, and not end up like the poor green hatchling in the cave.

The cave...

Sunder's thoughts briefly turned to Clem and how she must hate him now. He touched her! Of all the things he could screw up, he screwed up a perfectly good friendship because he was too much of a coward to deal with the problem himself. Hot, angry tears followed after the ones of sorrow, blurring his vision.

What have I done? I'm so stupid! I deserve to be out here, all alone...I only ever hurt the ones who mean the most to me!

He sobbed as he packed up the bones and fur, carrying it in his mouth and taking it back to his log. Climbing up to the top, he sat down in his little grassy nest and started to clean each bone and the rabbit fur. He used a sharp bone to scrape off the icky bits from the inside of the fur, leaving a clean, white skin behind. He then hung it out on a vine to dry out while he busied himself with figuring out what to do with the bones.

user posted image

"It's okay! Lets not fight with the egg around, okay?"

The Cavern Lurker hatchling snarled at the intruding voice, still glaring at the other hatchling. She did not want to back down to such a small creature, did not want to give the impression that the other creature was dominant over her.

Disgusting, stupid thing! How dare you go against me! How dare you!

She half circled the other hatchling, lashing her tail.

"You did want to do something with the egg, right? I mean you was rolling it over here to the water,"

The world 'water' jerked her out of her stance. Widening her eyes, she remembered how she had meant to move the shape into the water, to get out the thing inside it. A thing that was probably much like the creature in front of her. She wanted to teach it a lesson, to make it remember her.

But...what happens if the thing inside the shape gets out before she could save it? What happens if the thing really hurts the shape because she was more interested in maintaining a stupid dominance over such a small creature?

Hissing in frustration, she backed away from the other hatchling, bumping the shape slightly. It's soft skin kept it form rolling away, which relieved the Cavern Lurker hatchling a little. She didn't want to have to turn her back on the creature and give it even more reason to think itself better than her.

She kept her lips up in a snarl, but she now was thinking of the shape. It was now more important than the other creature.

Blackness.

Total darkness.

That's all that could be seen by the hatchling. Feeling around, it could also be determined that he was encased in something hard. Feeling a sight panic and an urge to escape, he kicked at it, struck at it, breaking through piece by piece.

Finally, he was out.

user posted image

At first, there was only light, very bright light, blinding the hatchling. It was a bit before he could make out his surroundings. Looking around, he saw lots of round shapes, including a dark-colored one not far behind him. He wondered if he was just inside it. He was about to investigate the shape, when he heard growling and snarling sounds.

What could that be? he wondered, and decided to find out. Creeping behind a few shapes, being careful not to touch them, he peered around to see a few other hatchlings.

Heading for the nearest one, a blue one, he said with some effort, "H-hi. You name?" He stopped, and pondered what he'd said. If I ask for its "name," suppose it asks for mine. He pondered this further. Mixing a bunch of random sounds together, he thought, Koo.. Kuri... Kurai. Yes, that sounds one-of-a-kind. I like it. Satisfied, he waited for the hatchling's response.

Edited by Lilac_Lily

"If you ever end up making some, can you show me how? It sounds like it might be fun! And maybe someday, you'll even find some of those sparkly rocks! Kalana, with her simplistic mind, was completely oblivious to Skylene's thoughts. In fact, she wasn't even aware of the depth of what she had said. Really, it had only been an idea she had that she didn't quite think was possible.

((What Skylene said))

"If there were other dragons here, well.....where are they? Why are we the only ones?! After searching so long, how come we haven't found anymore like us? What do you think happened?"

Just as Skylene said this, Kalana bumped her head against the root that Skylene had dodged. "Ow..." What's Skylene trying to say? Does it matter? Is there something behind me saying that there might have been dragons before us? "Well... I dunno. Maybe they just live somewhere else. Maybe they dont even exist! Anyway, it doesn't really matter, right?"

Edited by KoalaNoob

user posted image

'MmEEesss...' was the reply Astra recieved after her efforts. After thinking for a few seconds, Astra decided that it meant 'Yes'. Which meant that what she asked the hatchling was confirmed. She was being attacked? Well, she couldn't be sure, but that was what it seemed like. She glanced noticeably at her escape route, and started backing away slightly, then heading in its general direction. Along the way she said, 'So, you're attacking me, huh...? Erm... why? You can have the weasel, just say the word, it's yours...' she had decided that the other hatchling could understand her by now, and so was trying to keep it distracted from her escape by talking.

user posted image

The hatchling stood silently, staring at the strange creature with all of its eyes. Both heads swiveled carefully back and forth, trying to gauge this strange apparition. It made another noise, the crevice spanning half of its head splitting and wobbling around in time to the strange syllables. Strange flashes of alabaster points glittered in the animal's wedge-shaped jaws.

The lindwurm blinked, and shifted its weight to one arm. The other paw reached up to the jaws of a head, claws fumbling around inside. There were the same strange points, in the same places. The paw retracted from the serrated teeth, and passed over the lumpy, horned protrusions on its head. The animal had those too, they noted. The hatchling stare with renewed interest at this strange being. Perhaps, they wondered, perhaps they were the same kind of thing. Granted, they themselves had two heads, but they had the same number of legs, the same kind of tail, and the same scaley, rough, glittering skin.

The hatchling's sets of eyes glittered with manic glee. They weren't alone now. There was something like themselves, or as close to themselves as they had ever found. The best course of action would be to find more and more of these creatures, and discover the one they had come from. There had to be one, they were sure. They had seen larger, older squirrels and rabbits towing around crowds of small, young, squishy things of the same kind. There had to be something like that for them, they decided. It was only natural.

The hatchling turned itself awkwardly, trilling an apology over their shoulder. One of the heads snapped out, jaws flashing, and caught hold of the limp paw of their prize. With great difficulty, they heaved the body over the twisted mass of roots, claws and tail scraping at the slippery wood. They slithered past the strange dark animal, and burst with a sudden heave into the sunlight. Ruby red eyes squeezed against the glare of the sun. Dust and dirt and the smells of the forest pervaded their nostrils once again. The trail of their own scent still hung on the flattened grass, leading off into the darkened woods. They followed it dutifully, retracing the steps they had made the night before.

user posted image

Far away from the birth cave and the forest section of the that surrounded the cave in which a majority of the hatchlings hatched, a large purple figure shot down from the skies and into a tree with an abundance of fruit. The figure, knowing their size made them too big to fit into the tree, clambered down the branch they landed on and scurried down the trunk. A large thump was heard as the black bear sized hatchling landed on the ground. Brilliant blue eyes sparkled as the hatchling's gaze flitted up to the brightly colored fruit above. The hatchling reared up on his hind legs, making it so he leaned on the trunk as his one good foot kept him up, and craned his neck upward. His head searched the tree for a juicy fruit, and, when he found one he liked, he bit down onto the fruit of his choosing. Grasping the fruit in his mouth, the hatchling recoiled from the tree and crouched himself down onto his haunches. The sweet aroma of the red fruit filled his noise. His mouth watering, the hatchling grasped the apple and held it firmly in his hand. He took a bite out of it and heard the satisfying crunch of his teeth grinding against the tasty fruit. For several moments, the purple hatchling stayed hunched on his legs and taking the occasional bite out of sweet smelling apple.

"Hey, hot shot,"

Favian lifted his head up to see the gleaming golden form of Moss. The supernatural being was lazing around on some branches, her belly faced down on the branch she primarily laid on. Her olive eyes twinkled with mischief as she gave a wicked grin.

"Are we going to keep moving or are you just going to take the next ten hours to eat that apple?" Moss asked.

"Ha, ha, very funny," Favian scoffed, taking another bite out of the apple. Moss rolled her eyes and hopped out of the branches. She landed skillfully on the ground and padded up to Favian.

"Come now," Moss said, pushing one of her wings around Favian's neck. "You want to get away, yes? Well, stopping every time you see something yummy to eat is going to increase the chances of someone finding us before we reach out destination." Moss removed her wing from Favian's shoulders and turned in front of him. She grabbed the edges of his neck with her wings.

"You don't want that, do you?" Moss asked looking up at Favian. She was much shorter than him and had to crane her neck up to him to even get him to look at her. Favian stared at her for a moment. Those olive eyes held nothing but concern for him. She wasn't thinking ill of her efforts. But, was it really a good idea to leave for so long? What if the group needed him? It wasn't like they bugged him constantly or anything...

No! They don't deserve you. You gave up everything for them, absolutely everything. How do they repay you? They repay you by letting you suffer. They let you feel so much pain, and they let you feel so much sorrow. They didn't care about you when you needed them the most. Why should you waste your precious time on them?

I shouldn't.

That's right, now get going.

Agreeing with his conscience, Favian nodded at Moss.

"Let's get going," he proclaimed. Moss smiled and removed herself from him. Taking several more hungry bites out of the apple, Favian threw the core into a bush and began marching away. With a happy thrill, Moss followed the black bear sized hatchling. There, they continued to walk, further and further away from the birth cave and closer to what the strangely familiar voice in Favian's head called, "freedom".

Edited by Doctortear

(OOC: Phoebe, I think we should assume the everything hits, just because of how the fight is going to be. Try to leave your last attack open though)

After a fairly painful journey, Aerix arrived back at the birth cave. There was a lot going on it seemed, but he was focused on one thing only. He shot forward at the fastest speed he could manage and tackled Sierra.

"Tell me how to fix it." He said as they slid along.

He may have been weak, but he was still twice her size. He had her wings with his claws and her legs with his stomach. He could have easily halted their slide across the cave, but he intended to smash her into the wall.

(OOC: Short post, sorry)

Sierra

Suddenly being knocked over, she was hit by Aerix's attack. "Fix what?" she snapped. "In case you didn't notice, I was in the middle of something!" Right after she said that, she bit his arm where he was grabbing her arm. If the bite worked and caused him to let go, she was prepared to jerk her arm away and pinch his other arm.

((She doesn't have wings yet, I'm just going to assume that it's her arms then.))

user posted image

Jean wiped the warm tears from his tough blue scales. Was what Ashni said true?

"S-so I can be t-the best flier i-if I try really hard?".

The idea of Jean being good at flying, heck, maybe even the best made him very excited. A small grin formed on his face, and he gradually stood himself up.

"That would be nice Ashni. Thank you for making me happy again; I don't like being sad" he chirped.

The Thunder dragon let out a loud honk and fluttered his new wings. The day hadn't been a total loss. Sure Clementine was mad at him, but with a little "Jean Charm", she'd be crawling back to him in no time.

"Let's do some flying lessons Ashni! Please!".

--------------------------------------------------

user posted image

As the sun had reached its peak, Rico realized he couldn't stay in his cave and sulk forever. The Black Marrow crept out from his rotting bed and scoffed at it. It was barely even a bed anymore, a shell of its former being. Rico grabbed a hold of one of its legs and dragged it along the jagged rocks to his caves entrance. He dropped the corpse and proceeded to kick dirt onto it. There was no food left in or on it, so why keep it around?

"Filthy mutt. Should have known better then to wander through this art of the forest...".

Rico looked at the caves entrance and smiled at his collection- of bones. Bones of all shapes and sizes lay littered across the barren grass. The stench of filth and rot hung over his home like an omen of death; something just wasn't quite right. To Rico, nothing felt out of place; nothing had changed. There were always bones in the front, around his home, in his home, etc...

The black and maroon hatchling padded forward with a Turkey in his maw, and lifted it high, grinding his razor sharp teeth along the feathers and squishy flesh. He jumped up and fluttered his wings just enough to stay in the air. Ever since his accident, fly had been a true struggle.

Spotting his river nearby, Rico landed on his usual rock and skid across the smooth surface, leaving claw marks in the usual spots. Gently placing the bird in the water against some rocks, Rico walked in to the frigged waters and took a drink, lapping up the precious Hydrogen Oxide. Rico looked at the forest and frowned, water dripping from his beak.

"I wish Lucifer was here. I'm sure he would like turkey".

user posted image

The sudden growling made Clementine jump out from under her blanket. Clem, with wide eyes, watched as a big blue and red hatchling pinned down the mean green hatchling from earlier. Terrified, Clem began backing away. She didn't want to be in another fight! She just wanted her mother. Clem backed away into a corner of the cave and pushed herself against the wall.

Please don't come over here, please don't come over here, please don't come over here...

user posted image

After oddly running one of its paws over its head and inside its mouth, the other hatchling as gone, taking the weasel with it. Astra sighed in relief. She'd escaped - though she HAD lost the weasel in the process. Well, to hunting, she thought. She may not be able to beat another weasel - she was, after all, quite hungry. But she couldn't catch the slippery fish or the fast squirrels. Acting helpless and luring predators in was her best bet. She sighed. Was all of life this hard, having to fight for your life every time you want to eat? She supposed not. Being able to fly, for example, would make it easier to catch food. She'd just be able to swoop down on things, she supposed. But for now, it was a hard life, hunting things that could possibly really hurt - or even kill - her. She just had to get through this, for a few years, then she'd grow up.

The thought made her smile, and she looked at her tiny 'wings'. She hopped a few times, flapping them, as if trying to fly. What was it like to fly? Was it easy? Being a bird looked so effortless, they just glided around happily. Was that what she'd be like? She looked up, seeing some birds wheeling around in the sky. I hope so, she thought. But a rustle nearby brought her back to her senses. She had to find food for now, or she'd starve. That was the basic reality of it. So she headed off in the direction she seemed to recall a lake to be in, her happy daydreams fading and being replaced by a determination to get food, and to live until she could fly.

user posted image

After an entire day, night, and morning without a wink of sleep Rakushun had focused all physical and mental efforts on repairing the magical collar. It had been much longer than expected due to Rakushun's consciousness interfering and endangering the project. Those thoughts, one of guilt and panic, were feelings not felt in a long, long time- forever it seemed. But now, now that the collar had been restored and around his neck one could finding peace and quiet in the mind and soul. Perhaps now it is time to go back and possibly rectify the situation. Oh, the chaos that must have ensued after the departure.

At the back of his mind he felt a small tinge of regret and fear of what would happen when he arrived at the birth cave. But because it was no where as overwhelming as it was earlier, he had his magic completely under his control now provided that nothing else would disrupt his mind any further. Nodding in satisfaction, it was time to calibrate the magic just like how one would stretch their muscles.

Closing his eyes he went into a meditative state, repeating the words "practice" and "within the cave" over and over again in his head. Opening his eyes again, a faint glow emits from his eyes that spreads out to his entire body. "Expand" and the aura filled his personal cave, "small star" and the aura that filled the cave dispersed into the air while the leftover aura made many small stars float around his body. "Float away, free as a bird" and so the small stars that danced around him transformed into small doves one by one and flew out of the cave into the sky.

He observed that last part of the exercise had a hint of emotions in it. Rakushun truly wanted to be free like those doves he had formed. Yes, Rakushun knew he couldn't avoid all emotions as a minimal amount was needed for using his magic, but they never felt so... Pronounced and so.. whats the word? Outspoken. As a hatchling he would have never thought of even thinking about this occurrence. Or be so clumsy- he had forgotten to "disperse" the doves which he had only done so now.

user posted image

She gave a great big yawn while giving a good stretch with her tail and arms. She looked around the cave but didn't see Jean or the one in Jean's Body- Ashni was it?- either. She didnt even see where her best friend Clem was. "I wonder where they went..."

She heard some commotion going on- presumably in the birthcave- but she was so groggy from sleeping for so long that she couldn't completely register as to what was happening. Never the less she willed her body towards the scene with her half awake mind.

((Will be doing the other's posts later tonigh, was only able to do Rakushun's and Michiru's))

Edited by Taleena Fuka

user posted image

The Cavern Lurker hatchling was, by now, more than agitated. Noises were echoing around the cave, so many sounds that came from the other creatures. So many irritating, irrational sounds that kept wanting to distract her.

Hissing, tongue flicking out and eyes narrowed, the hatchling kept her eyes on the creature that had first gotten her attention. It had messed with her 'agenda', threw off her plan, and she wanted to make it understand how disgustingly irritating it was. She wanted to hurt it, like it must have done to one of the round shapes in the cave.

However, the shape next to her, the one with soft and yellow skin, was more important. Leaving the shape to a most horrid fate was not something she was willing to do, so the little beast will have to just continue on without pain or a lesson.

She used her side to push the round shape gently, towards the area where the hole with water was supposed to be. It didn't roll as smoothly as it first had, but she slowly got it going, keeping her eyes on the small creature.

Soon. You'll be in the water soon, then I can come back and teach this thing a lesson.

user posted image

Aysu gave a sigh of relief as the Lurker moved away from the other hatchling, back to it's given duty of moving the egg for some unknown reason. Watching the Lurker had all her attention and so the newborn hatching close-by was completely lost on her. It stayed this way until a new voice piped up nearby to ask for her name. Jerking back in the water she'd look over to where the voice came from, but quickly calming down at seeing the Black hatchling. This one did not seem half as scary as the Lurker could be so why not talk to him? Though she would still have to keep half an eye on the feisty Lurker.

"My name is Aysu. Do you know you're name?" She'd ask as she moved back to the edge of the Birthing-Pool, laying her head on the rocks to be closer to the newborn and keep the Lurker just in her peripheral vision. Hopefully Aysu would not really be needed to break up any fight since there was not much she could do and she'd much rather dive in the water than deal with it. Yet with what she guessed to be a newborn right by the Birthing-Pool's edge, that whole plot fell through. She could not let a cute little guy like this one get hurt, after all.

user posted image-->user posted image

Ashni gave Jean one last nuzzle before moving so she could look at him properly to answer. "Yes, you will be the best flyer! I bet all the other hatchlings will become quite jealous of you when you show them how well you can fly. They will all be asking for lessons and how you are a natural flyer," she'd say as she watched him finally sit up and smile. 'Break down adverted!' She mentally cheered to herself and oddly felt better for it as she could focus on something else other than Lucifer's comments.

"You're welcome, Jean. I know it is rough being sad, but think of it like this. If you do feel sad at any time, you can always think of the brighter side of what is making you sad. Like this whole body switching is going to let you get in a lot of practice with flying and I get to not worry about some things for a little bit." Though to be honest she had not really thought about her lightening ability all that much until just now when mentioning the brighter side of things out of all this. A small break from the persistent fear of hurting another hatchling was very welcome, but an odd one since she knew that stress was going to be back on her sooner or later. "Of course we can have some lessons. Might be a little tricky, but I don't think it can be that hard," she finally replied to his last comment and wondered just how she would go about teaching him. Without wings herself it would be odd but doable. "When do you want to have them?"

user posted image

Medea flew in a vague direction of lands that had yet to be explored when she had roamed about on her own. If she had not run into this Rakushun when she was trying to find a place to call her own, then he logically had to be outside of these zones she mentally mapped out. Of course this could mean the forsaken hatchling could be anywhere! Medea was positive there was much to be explored and one hatchling among this was going to take awhile to find.

It was only after a few hours of hard flying that a flock doves caught her attention, slowing down enough to watch them pass by. She was not sure what caused her to slow to watch the creatures, but it turned out to be a good thing she had done so. Medea narrowed her eyes as the flock blinked out of existence, a soft growling sounding as she thought back to the 'birds' that entered Aerix and herself. 'He has to be close,' she mused to herself as she slowed her wing beats down so that she could be closer to the treetops.

Medea could only guess where Rakushun was since she did not witness where the flock came from. Though she would hazard a guess that he was not far. The first shelter held nothing, but coming upon a cave finally started to yield some results. She did not spot the orange hatchling right off as she looked to the crystals inside the cave, but it did not take her long to stop him. "I am guessing you are this Rakushun?" First she wanted to make sure she had the right hatchling before she demanded he fix whatever he had done.

((OOC; Sorry for the delay. Can't normally get on weekends and Monday I was a little busy. So quick huge post before I go to bed. I will go ahead and say sorry for the post if there are any confusing bits in there since it is 2:30am here, but I did not want to leave anyone waiting to long. If needed, I can come back and edit this after sleep to fix any stupid spelling or grammar errors. I did not go back to fix like I normally would and I know my mind thinks faster than my hands sometimes.))

((Spira will be waking up soon -hopefully next time I post as her! In terms of Spira chara development its too bad this is only a dream even if it did feel really drama-y and sudden.))

user posted image

The royal blue began to stir in her sleep. While her memories of when she was delirious were quickly fading, some earlier memories of her life to just recently began to resurface as clear as day in the form of dreams.

"You know, you don't think you can do this, but you really can. You are a fair dragon, and you can create plans. You're a natural leader, but if you don't want to be, you don't have to. We will all help, and if you want, you can give this responsibility to someone else. We believe in you, and we think you can be our leader."

"Did I really say that to you?"

"Okay then, I'll try to be the best leader I can."

"You wouldn't happen to want the role of leading the other group, would you?"

"Um... I don't think I'd make a good leader... I can fill in that role if it ends up empty, and I wouldn't mind, but I don't think I'm as leader-ly as you, Favian."

"Why didn't I add in back then that I would just get in your way? Just like…

"Its so boring out here… Yeah everything's beautiful an' all but where's the excitement! I wish some huge scary monster would hurry up and jump out and kill us all! Its THAT boring! …I'm starting to sound like that pink hatchling…."

"…Woah woah, Favian what is he thinking! That's dangerous! I want to be the one to defeat them..!"

"F-favian? Oh.. Oh god this really isn't happening is it? I-I want to scream out something different or at least doing something about it, but nothing else is-is coming out and-and-and my body wont m-move!"

"How could I have been so stupid? And I couldn't even do anything for him even when I got older…" Tears started rolling down the sleeping Royal Blue as she curled around herself tighter.

All the different kinds of attacks that had happened over the years flashed back strongly in her mind, and each time Favian was bailing her out.

She felt her chest getting warm, then warmer, then hot. It was as if something was gripping her heart and was trying to make it explode through searing heat that she couldn't get rid off nor wanted to despite the pain. As she thought of the happy times and encounters she had with Favian she realized that Favian was showing a growing disappointment and tiredness as the months and years went by. All too quickly the warmth faded and it was like an overwhelming blizzard blowing against her entire body. As she shivered in the blizzard feeling sorry for herself she saw in a distance Favian and all the other hatchlings walking away from her. She didn't as care much about the others leaving, but Favian… No… Not him…! DONT LEAVE!

She reached a paw out for him and it seemed like he was leaving even quicker than ever. By the time he was gone Spira looked around and almost gagged at the sight: everyone's corpses surrounded her, looking at her as if there was something that she could of done to save them. "T-there wasn't anything I could do! F-favain wasn't here and..!" Something warm and slimy suddenly grabbed her front ankles. Looking down she jumped back, horrified when she saw it was a bloody Favian, gasping and begging for her to run away. Spira then looked up and saw a pack of wolves, a flock of hawks, and a freakishly huge bear coming towards them at a fast rate. "W-what do I do! What CAN I do! Favian… There… There must be something I can do..! She looks down at Favian, and clearly there's nothing he can do. She so badly wanted to do as he said- when have his orders ever been wrong? But… Another side of her wanted to stand and fight, to prove that there was something she could do to help Favian for once in her life. She grits her teeth and stands in an offensive stance front of Favian. Although attempting to look brave and bigger than she really was, nothing could hide her shakiness and her expression of pure fear. Wasn't she better than this? What happened to all of her courage? Spira's emotions and thoughts were so… so indecisive… But at the very least, she could make a stand and go out trying! Even… Even if she was torn between listening to Favian's wishes and her own instinct verses what she thought and knew was right. Spira lurched forward with the mightiest roar she could muster..!

user posted image

The magi dragon did not dare to get up. His physical abilities are well below average and it would be foolish to try to run away. Rakushun looked away before nodding a yes. Rakushun could already feel the nervousness creep on the edges of his mind. He needed to develop a plan to either escape via illusion or somehow blow the female away from his cave and then seal it off… But a majority of his spells need time and most importantly of all, concentration. Maybe he could cast one of his few reaction spells, but he'd need to be in actual danger to cast them quickly enough to have an effect… Sometimes, rules can be such a pain to follow. Rakushun's tail twitches in pain and Rakushun appears to sigh but makes no noise. Not to mention that emotions can also be such a pa- ah. That just the slightest impulsive emotion can be a random spell in itself and become quite bothersome. Like this predicament Rakushun is in now.

user posted image

She could see the fight was between a greenish dragon and that uh.. one with the red spots. But more importantly now that Michiru had stretched lots and slithered around a bit she was more awake she was able to see and realize that her best friend was quivering in a corner all alone. Worried sick for Clem, she slithered as fast as she could to her, but then slowed down when she felt the negative vibes that Clem was giving off… It actually was making her a a bit physically sick for some reason. Michiru went up as close as she could so that she was in front of Clem, but far away enough that Clem's negativity didn't effect her as much and that they couldn't hug unless Clem ran up to her and did so. Michiru thought that maybe singing a lullaby would help Clem become sleepy or at least calm down, but she also remembered that so far none of her songs really helped or cheered up Clem significantly enough to make Michiru more confident in her songs.

user posted image

Rien slowly woke up and rubbed her eyes with her vines. "Where are we..?" She then remembered that yesterday she had a big fight with Alvi and that Glas intervened… Then they somehow found this… hollow? Yes, this hollow to take shelter in the night. "I hope that Glas has found a way to get Alvi back to normal… I hope that when Alvi wakes up that she'll be sane again. I hope that Alvi won't go berserk again. Maybe I should stay away until the two can talk things out? I just don't know now…" In as quiet of a voice she could, she asked around for Glas, if he was awake, if Alvi was awake, if it was safe for her to be around, if she was allowed to be a part of the conversation if they haven't been in one yet. If Rien could, she would have asked this through telepathy but she just can't do it.

user posted image

"SNNNRRRKKKK!" Hibiki snored loudly in his sleep. Once again, Hibiki has ended up using Feather as his personal pillow, unaware of what he is doing.

((SHORT POST IS SHORT))

Edited by Taleena Fuka

user posted image

The purple egg with blue stripes shook twice and stopped. From the outside it could have looked like a last breath or final movement before death. Soon afterward, a foot kicked out of the egg. The the foot's toes wiggled and the second foot joined the first outside the egg. Both feet retracted back into the egg and kicked out it different places, making a wide line around the center. With a final motion, the Nhiostrife's head pushed up, opening the egg completely.

user posted image

Nio looked around with curious eyes at the cave around him. We flapped his wings expecting to fly but couldn't. He started to walk in one direction with his large feet, feeling for his center while he walked, only to end up staggering and falling on his face. He looked up from the ground and saw an array of different color dragons in the cave. He looked in front of him and saw a light. Curious to see it, he got up and wobbled in that direction, falling every five feet.

((OOC: Sorry for not posting!! Got a 3DS at an early Xmas party, and got really wrapped up in it... ^^; ))

user posted image

Kurai felt pleased that he got a response, but stayed crouched behind the eggs, with only his head peeking out. "I am Kurai." He managed to say. He peeked out a little further. Then he wondered if he'd remember her name, or if she'd remember his. So, he asked, "You Aysu, I Kurai?" and waited patiently for Aysu's response. Hmm, are there others? Kurai wondered. He looked around and saw a fierce-looking hatchling that gave him the shivers. Maybe he's just tough-looking, but not violent. Maybe he'd like a friend. Kurai shook his head, and his cautiousness began warring with his curiosity. No, don't be stupid, Kurai... But, what if...? No, Kurai! Let HIM approach YOU. Kurai sighed, and returned his gaze to Aysu.

Edited by Lilac_Lily

user posted image

The Cavern Lurker hatchling was now focused on the shape, the small creature that had growled at her in the back of her mind. It's skin was picking up some of the dirt from the ground and it's softness was worrying. The other shape hadn't been so soft and she was able to lift it back up into position afterwards; this one didn't look like it could stand up again.

She lifted her head at some more sounds, seeing the pool with the water. One of the creatures was in it, watching another creature a little ways away. The coloring of the other creature caught her attention for a moment, but it wasn't that interesting. It didn't even matter that it was black like her; it wasn't doing anything for the shapes, so it wasn't important.

Sniffing over the shape for a moment, checking to see if the thing inside was trying to come out yet, she pushed it to the edge of the pool. The water inside looked nice, and the hatchling was surprised to see a bunch of shapes under the surface.

You'll be with them in a moment.

The Cavern Lurker backed up, ready to push the shape into the pool.

user posted image

Skylene was appalled by Kalana's comment, and quickly maintained her point in favor of convincing her. "But, of course it matters! It is important! If we knew where they were, it would answer...well, questions!" The path upon them was beginning to seem familiar, though she did not consider if they were going in circles. "And if we knew where they were, maybe we could finally move further from here! I know some of us are comfortable here, but we've stayed in the same large area since forever now. I want to see what's out there, but what's preventing me are these questions. If there are adults, what if they return? I can't just leave!" Now it did seem like they were repeating their route, at least to Skylene. She decided not to bring it up until she had finished. "I can manage to survive alone! I really don't need parents, but someone of the others do need them. Some need help from a family, someone who will...love...them..."

An image resurfaced in her mind. There by the stream was Tasimi, the one whose heart and confidence she had broken, not returning the same feelings he had for her. The memory of him flying away, overwhelmed by sadness, caused her to tremble. The dragon who saved her life she had repaid by hurting him in the deepest way. Her confusing emotions for him nearly brought her to break into tears at the thought of him no longer welcoming her again. It was strange for her to blame herself for someone else's suffering, but only the Tsunami could bring that out of her. She could clearly see her weaknesses only with him around. With a heavy heart and a struggling voice she continued, "...Isn't family important too? We don't know where our parents are, but we have each other, all of us. In a way, that's like family. And some of us love others, well, that is family. We have people who will help others and be there for them no matter what. I've seen them during my time here, so they are with us. Most of us do have someone who we can trust. Right?"

user posted image

When she saw that she didn't get much of a reaction from Clem, Michiru attempted to see if words would help her get noticed. "But… Then again, the only time I've been able to cheer her up was when I played with her. But the Clem right now is something I can barely approach." "Um… Clem? Its me, Michiru… Your best friend… Its going to be okay now." Her voice however, was trembling. She really wished she could sing the words, it would at least allow her to be overcome by the emotion. "Why is it that I feel sick right now of all times when Clem needs me most?"

((To explain since Michiru acts with emotion and acts on it I recently figured that very strong emotions- particularly those she cares about- would affect her.))

user posted image

Her tiny eyes fluttered open. "I wonder if theres anyone in here now? Maybe they could help me with my problem. But then again, thats assuming I'm liked." Rita slowly approached the entrance of her little niche and peaked outside. No one to be found. At least inside the pool. When Rita looked up she saw shapes nearby the edge of the pool, one in particular had an egg really close to the edge. "Is that a new friend? Perhaps?" Rita almost darted towards the shape but then remembered her "condition" and forced herself to slowly swim towards the object that seemed to be an egg. But with Rita being small enough as is, Rita's version of slow was almost non moving to everyone else. She was really getting impatient now. Several minutes had already passed by and she just left her niche and was barely making her way from the bottom to the surface. "Curse it all…"

Edited by Taleena Fuka

user posted image

Clem's terrified eyes landed on Michiru as she spoke. The Valentine's body relaxed slightly as she recognized who was speaking to her. However, it was only moments later did Clem began to realize she had to answer Michiru. That is when the few post events came rolling back to her.

"Mother isn't here," she whispered in panic. "S-She isn't. She hasn't come back; I haven't seen her." Clementine licked her lips as she spoke. When did she get to thirst? She was just at a creek not to long ago. Speaking of which, when did it get so cold.

"It won't be alright," Clem hissed. "It won't, it just won't. Sunder... he... h-he...." Clementine couldn't manage to spill the words out of her mouth. Her body shivered as the maddening thoughts coursed through her. Finally, the events of the day crashed upon her and Clem fell down onto the ground, sobbing. She covered her face with her talons and let hot tears stream down her face. Everything hurt so much. Why? Why did it all happen?

user posted image

Medea grinned as the hatchling before her confirmed that he was indeed the one she was looking for. The only question now was on how to go about demanding this Rakushun fix whatever he had done. Well, blunt was her style and it worked very well when she wanted something done so there was little reason to diverge from it now. "Fix this," she'd pause just long enough to point at the unwanted tail barbs with a fore-paw before continuing, "and whatever else you happened to meddle with when you sent those bird creatures."

At this point Medea had sat on her haunches, watching Rakushun closely for any hint that he really did do...whatever it was he did. She would only admit it to herself that she had no clue how this was done and the idea of it being possible was a little odd. However; if a dragon could heal another then she would not deny the plausibility, having first hand experience helped in that as well.

user posted image

Aysu's tail swayed slowly behind her in a visual display of amusement and joy as the Black hatchling peeked out from among the eggs to give his own name. It was very cute. It was times like this that she longed to be able to walk on the hard ground as the land dragons did. Having legs would make it so much easier to possibly play with any newborns or even the other older hatchlings. Then again she had Kirk and the other few water dragons like herself as pod, family almost as she labeled them in her mind.

Her musing was broken as the newborn spoke up once more ask a question. "Yep! You Kurai and I Aysu," she replied in the same childlike speech so not to confuse to little guy. Passively she wondered if this little guy would be hungry or even the Lurker. Perhaps she should ask? Then again they might not understand, but it was worth a try. "Are you hungry Kurai?"

user posted image

Rakushun's eyes widened in surprise when he saw what was obviously a Bleeding Moon's tail barbs on a Grey's tail. He thought back to the time he panicked. That must've been the time that his accidental spell had unexpectedly multiplied and hit other targets like the one before him. He craned his neck closer to the Grey to see if she used magic or had any knowledge of magic and found no conclusive evidence that she used any- just her barbaric knowledge of changing the weather like all Greys. Rakushun tapped his claws on his mouth in thought. This meant that talking to her via runes like he did with the moonstone would be useless. Which meant that he only had one option. And that was to physically speak. He could prevent any accidental damage that way instead of telepathy where he can't prevent any damage that he might do to the mind.

Rakushun holds up his paw trying to signal to the Grey to wait for him as he concentrated on protecting her and the area, but he wasn't sure if holding out his paw would tell her all the info he wanted to tell her.

He closed his eyes and after a few minutes of silence, he began erecting light blue transparent shields around the stones in the cave, and his personal belongings. A few more minutes he was able to create a shield around the Grey. Finally after about half an hour passed, he was able to erect a barrier to the entrance and the cave itself.

With his preparations finished he could finally speak without worry. Although his collar suppresses his emotions so he could better control his magic without much hassle, he still can't control spells that he casts while under extreme stress or any spell that results from his mental and especially physical speech.

Rakushun opens his eyes and takes a deep breath. Like Michiru's voice, Rakushun's voice sounded very melodic and if one didn't see the dragon before them they would've thought that the voice belonged to a hatchling that was just newly born.

"That spell… Exchanges one part of a soul with another." As he said that, the same birds that appeared from before launched from him. One entered him while the other bounced around the walls until it "saw" the Grey and attempted to enter her. Just like the walls it bounced off of the Grey. The bird then circled around her trying again and again in vain to get to her. The bird eventually vanished into the air. With the partner now gone, the bird that went into Rakushun emerged and also vanished into the air. He prepared for his next sentence by pausing. Whatever was to come to him as a result of what he is going to say is something that he probably deserves.

"The spell is a tricky one, in that it only disp-… In that it only goes back to normal under certain conditions. Not even Rakushun can reverse it until the time is right." Rakushun's body convulsed as his body tried to cast all the spells at once. The multicolored and numerous beams bounced crazily across the room. One beam created a mindless clone of Rakushun that floated across the air with strangely crippled wings while one of the other beams hit the clone and created a reverse shape that should never be described in detail. Finally, another beam turned the clone back into nothingness.

Gasping but otherwise seemingly unfazed, Raskuhun continued. "The conditions depend on the dragon and what was changed. Like you and the other. It is rooted in understanding and mastering what has changed to turn back to normal." Like with his earlier sentences, spells attempted to cast all at once and bounced around the room, showing many different things only to turn back to normal in the end.

((I had one heck of a time getting Michiru's second paragraph correct because I wanted it in a certain form but it wouldn't do what I wanted it to do until i played around with it more. It was well worth it tho.))

user posted image

Michiru inched closer to Clem against her body's better judgement and held her hand out in an attempt to be as friendly as possible along with the friendliest smile she could manage. The only thing that kept her there was the fact that the shivering body before her was her friend, and that she needed her right now. In the back of Michiru's mind, a tiny bit of resentment was being held towards Favian, the so called mother that had left their baby all alone and made her like this. But with Michiru's body trying so hard to move away from all the negative energy it was fighting against, those thoughts were mixed together with her current wishes to run away and the other part of her that wishes to stay. It was impossible for her to tell where her emotions were going and even harder for her to resist them when she knows what the right thing is to do.

"Clem… You know, maybe your mom is just doing something so important that she had to leave for some time?"

"I want to get away."

"And Sunder? Who's that? That red dragon from before?"

"I want to get away."

"Did he hurt you? Other than your mom not being here is he another reason you're so hurt?"

"I want to get away!"

"You know, why don't you just go out and look for her?"

"I want to get away!"

"Why don't we look together?"

"I WANT TO GET AWAY!"

Edited by Taleena Fuka